/vag/ - Vanilla General

reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject/comments/5cqt3w/we_are_the_elysium_project_staff_ask_us_anything/
>What's going on?
reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/5bhill/the_birth_of_legacy_nostalrius_returns/

Everyone is waiting for nost2.0 which will be hosted by Valkyrie. We're currently waiting on server release.
>When is the release?
valkyrie-wow.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=22971

An announcement has been made on the valkyrie forums.
>OLD NOST PVP (Name: Nostalrius PVP)
will be released in a month. This has all your old level 60 chars for nostalgias sake.
>NEW NOST PVP (Name: Elysium PVP)
Brand new server, will be released 3 weeks after old nost.WE WILL BE ROLLING ON THIS SERVER !!!
>what faction are we rolling?

Most of us are going horde in
Some people are planning alliance in

----------------------------------------

>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

tags: nosg krog wpsg elyg world of warcraft

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/bJhgdydD
elysium-project.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

king's honor, friend

If only Corecraft were here...

STORM
EARTH
AND FIRE
HEED MY CALL

Repost from last thread:

Did anyone here play on nost pve? How good was Odyssey? Apparently they're talking high for their new guild on Elysium and also apparently they got server firsts on the pve realm, can anyone attest?

>he doesn't like skiping the BORING leveling grind and buying epics from cashshop

WOW BRO, like get a life dude

>server firsts on a realm nobody played on

Idk it's pve just check realmplayers

>all the normies, reddit fags, chinks, and /vag/ guilds are going to nos shit fest
>in four days we'll be able to start raiding comfy in karazhan again

Pve realm wasn't really competitive

CRESTFALL: pastebin.com/bJhgdydD

>people are actually rolling on a Elysium server

You realize they can't even get copper to spawn in Elwynn forest yet right?

>Linking to reddit instead of writing a small paragraph.
>Valkyrie-wow link isnt working
>Still using the meme name /vag/ when there are better fitting names

This general is a travesty. If i am online, i will write out a better one next time.

You realize it isn't using the Valk core, but is being completely taken over by Nostalrius, correct?

>tfw moving to Hellfire on Friday while faggots wait 8 weeks for a fresh start with the chinks

No, only Nostralrius and Nostalrius PvE will use the Nost core and be managed by the Nost staff. Elysium is managed by the Valkyrie staff.

Are you retarded? They will be using the same core as the other two servers

Nope, you are going to get the full Elysium experience, surprised you didn't know

No. Go read the faq, faggot.

Elysium will be using the nost core. If you dispute this fact you are admitting to be b8ing people

Link where they said they will be using the old Valk core

I know you won't because they never said that lmao

So how was world pvp on nostalrius? Did people group up to help each other out, use the general/localdefense chat to defend one another? Or was it just getting killed by a rogue 20 levels higher than you and then a bunch of 16 year olds telling you to get good when you ask for help?

I'm not averse to pvp, I played on a pvp server, but unlike back in the day I don't have my high school friends to help me out so I'd have to find all new people

Friendly reminder that
>WE WILL BE ROLLING ON THIS SERVER
Is a gimmick. They are trying to make you think that "everyone" is going for YET ANOTHER FRESH SERVER just to get experienced players from old Nost PvP in their guild, otherwise they gonna stuck with 9/10 MC "progression".
If you really want to play from lvl 1 all over again - find yourself a nice normie guild like Team Blackout, Oceanics Thirteen etc Otherwise you are stuck with circlejerking drama and 0 progression

Do you guys think Nost-Elysium will work on a TBC server?

>16 year olds telling you to get good when you ask for help

Welcome to Vanilla, friend.

You retarded faggots are supposed to be shilling for the fresh server

Pvp was like this :

Horde outnumber alliance 2:1, horde is always traveling in packs like niggers and roidrage on everything that has a red name. Alliance is a bunch of fucking cancers who never group up and all die alone next to eachother. People would literally watch you die 3v1 while they just farmed then moments later they would die as well.

By the end most zones had undead xXxPvPG0DSxXx in raid gear camping greys 24/7 while alliance did nothing about it because why would you help anyone.

did you even play on nost, you know alliance out numbered horde correct?

Who gives a shit about any of this? Who the fuck cares about life anymore? Koragon LITERALLY recorded and uploaded a video of him eating his own cum.

wpving on hellfire comfy till saturdady instant 70 event

comfy! can't wait to be doing kara next weekend

reminder

>nost has permanent chinese gold farm cancer
>clique guilds
>pathetic draw distance
>horrible lag

I could go on. Anyway, have fun with this memed server, suckers

this happened to me on krono2. ally just like to see each other being cucked

>Alliance 60 ganking lowbies in Hillsbrad
>lowbies ask for help in chat
>death squad from UC arrives, kills 60 and since there is nothing else to do they also destroy Southshore
>HORDE ALWAYS OUTNUMBER US AND CANT PVP 1-1!!!!!!!
yeah, sure ;) also reported

Didn't see the reply in the old thread

I spend most of my time on Veeky Forums and /sp/ and I still disagree with you

I quit like two weeks before AV was added in, the whole time I leveled my rogue and druid I never once had a world pvp fight where I was 1v1 or even numbers. Horde always had numbers advantage and you could not do shit in STV because the outnumbering factor was so huge.

I dont know what came after, from what I hear chinks took over and the numbers became even at some point but it sure as fuck was not balanced at the start.

>I quit like two weeks before AV was added in

So your opinion is worthless, got it

>I quit like two weeks before AV was added in
Good. Please don't come back

Daily reminder that Chickenlord is leading the Alliance guild as a Male Dwarf Retribution Paladin
and first Hand of Ragnaros is his.

Start cozening up to him or forver be lootbanned

can shamans dme farm with nova/magma totems?

99% of the time pvp would only be initiated when one party was outnumbered/at half hp/fighting mobs/ outleveled. 1% of the time you'd come across equal level, full hp people who would want to pvp equally.

Literally kill yourselves losers you have no idea who you're even talking to.
I'll be camping shitters like you 24/7 if you're ever stupid enough to roll on the PvP server.

hello me

wtf i love femnelf druids now

Let me know if you actually hit level 60 this time

lol holy shit

blog update:
I'm this guy and I brought up in the Odyssey discord that they were only #7 on MC clear speeds on the pve server which isn't a competitive server and asked in earnest if the guild really could "go balls to the wall and push to be among the very top" and my message immediately got deleted and I was banned. What hardasses. Remember to upvote and subscribe

why is he so perfect?

Remember to stay inside with your druids when it's raining

No. Your best farming option as shaman is either heal someone who is farming or kill scarlet crusade NPCs

that's the only place for druids because they're not good at anything rofl

I'm actually tempted by the l4g instant 70 thing, even tho i prefer servers with no instant leveling features. And of course even if it got temporary pop, it still wouldn't have enough people. Or at least that's what I'm assuming.
It sucks since TBC always felt like vanilla+ to me. Fixes a lot of things and improves a lot. I still feel like flying ruined a lot, and in hindsight resilience and arena were bad additions (tho arena is still pretty fun).

any guild that advertises to be "hardcore" or something along those lines are huge red flags. you're better off finding a guild that advertises itself as casual or at the very least not toting themselves as the best because they're always trash

l4g is pure refined shit, dont bother

ah damn. im going to pick a class that can dme farm because fuck trying to farm anything in the open world

JUST

>can dme farm
Your only option is mage. Warlocks and priests need good gear to do that

im watching a video of a level 55 priest do it on nost 1 as we speak

>the horde premade invades IF and poses on the bridge
>the bridge autsist go hyper rage and try to get them banned from the server

this was the fucking best period of shitposting

Stay inside your druids*

This, to be honest. There are exceptions of course but it's often a big red flag.
Some other obvious red flags would be:
>female officer
>being in discord/vent/whatever mandatory while online (have seen guilds like this, baffles me. for raids i can understand)
>going out of their way to say how "drama free" they are. it almost never means what it sounds like.
I used to be turned off by applications until I realized that it wasn't a big deal and was really mainly a way to make sure someone put the effort in. Same for screenshots of UI and knowledge of particular addons.
I'm sure some others would agree or disagree.

If you still want to be a heal class, priests and pallies can do it, I think even druids with tier 1 can do it

just get 320 leatherworking and join a chinese guild. never have to farm again

rly makes u think

I probably won't, that seems to be the general consensus. I may still make a fag there just for fun but I can't see myself staying with low pop anyhow even if it wasn't shit.

Alex is deep.

>female officer
not true, if she's a mom it's fine

paladins can definitely do it, will second that.

>female officer

Fuck off sexist. The problem is actually autistic virgins who can't control themselves when they find out someone is a girl in the guild

yeah my original plan was to go pally and do it but my guild seems to be rolling horde. still split on if ill go horde with them or stick with pally.

t. hambeast with 3k followers on tumblr

>female officer

This is why you make sure you don't join a guild that has known virgin losers or people that "watch anime," those are some really big red flags.

that was FF

all of Nihilum welcomed Crabs with open arms

some of them even frequented the Nihilum discord

No, females in guilds is already something that often turns shit stupid eventually. Females in authority positions is just asking for an eventual guild implosion.
I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid a guild with a female in it since it's not 100% going to be bad, but female officers is definite no-go. The reasons should be obvious.

>The problem is actually autistic virgins who can't control themselves when they find out someone is a girl in the guild
Yes, no duh.
That's why I avoid it. Tell me how on earth you are going to avoid autistic beta virgins in a 12 year old emulated mmorpg. I'm being realistic.

they're fine unless they're only there because their boyfriend is in the guild.

This.

Just give officer positions to guys who pretend to be girls that way even the saddest sacks of shit will do what the higher-ups tell them.

"In life, some things are good, some things are bad"

- Alexensual, philosopher

Is kronos2 dead?

this

Women can be good players, but men are reliably stupid.

Guild that bans autistic beta-orbiter virgins when?? I want to play with cute girls!

Why aren't you dead yet?

the website is downthey got hacked

Don't bully him faggot.

they changed their domain name you fucking sperg

elysium-project.org

Give it a try, what are you going to do all month?

s my d loser virgin...

they got hacked

proofs?

Automute

Oh a random faggot GM is an authority on private server info go FUCK yourself u FAGHGOT LSDLFKLSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Automute isn't even GM, if Indi wanted to he could have him kicked any time he wanted.

only beta males play video games

I can confirm that.

Website still looks like shit

You mean Glurf?

the amount of intentional disinfo in vanilla generals makes me wanna kms myself

You mean Kasandra?

You mean Madti?

You mean Lumi Karu?

If your guild needs to advertise in a world channel, it usually isn't a very good guild. Good guilds (before all the server transfers) will either form by having a core of players that are already friends or who came from a previous OR form organically when players find other skilled players on their realm and start putting each other on their friend list > form a guild > find other good players while running 5/10 and even 20 mans.

"Gamer gurrrrls" and women who play the game to socialize are always bad in guilds (or in any environment, really). Women who are there to actually play and not flirt/imma grill tee-hee are fine.

Why did you only name females?

They are the clique and decide what's actually going on behind the scenes.