/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users.
-New exploits that allow to downgrade from 11.1 are going to be released soon. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
You can downgrade from 11.0, 11.1 and 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. Check Plailect's guide.

>Wii U
-Preview version of hexFW released.
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/
-You can run games from USB without IOSU.

>Vita
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/
-Rumor from a reputable warez group that hacks are coming soon. wololo.net/2016/11/02/ps4-xbox-one-hacks-trsi-announces-warez-getting-close/

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

fort42.com/gateshark/game1920/
fort42.com/gateshark/game1922/
chadsoft.co.uk/
3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/274981-mega-170-gba-games-colors-restored-ghosting-begone.html
plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There are now Cheats for Pokemon Sun and Moon if you're using a Gateway

fort42.com/gateshark/game1920/
fort42.com/gateshark/game1922/

Is Retroarch 3DS good yet?

Anyone here play this? is it more fun than mario kart 8?

chadsoft.co.uk/

Installing the CIA for pkmn moon still makes me wait for the release date, is there any bypass (the links in the last thread)

Have you tried to launch it from FBI?

You can launch games from FBI?
I thought it was just a file manager/cia installer.

been good for awhile now n3ds plays everything just fine pretty much, not so much on o3ds obviously though

>3.63 NEVER EVER

Yes, you can. Open FBI, then go to Titles, select the game and then you will see the option to launch it.

Asking again - how do people here deal with large Wii/Wii U ISO backups? Fat32 drives have relatively small file size limits and NTFS support seems flaky from what I gathered.

So question. My friend bought a PS Vita a long time ago and barely uses it. I'm considering buying it.

What all can you do with PS Vita Homebrew? Can you play PSP and PS1 games natively? Can you play backups of all games? Are there even a lot of games for it besides Persona 4 Golden?

You can also install a dummy aeed through fbi. The dummy seed removes the need to "wait for distribution" so you can launch it from the home menu. Just google pkmn moon dummy seed.

I just formatted my 128gb usb to Fat32. Theres ways to do it either through command prompt or downloading a program and letting it do it for you. Poke around on google, should be able to figure it out.

Thanks, I'll check these out.

What's the best application to dump and inject 3DS saves?

On A9LH+Luma.

JKSM.

Formatting is no problem, the 2GB file size limit is. How well is NTFS supported or work, Bueller?

Mind telling me how do you manage to install it? I keep getting the same error about cart cert and hash check failure with every attempt.

Just d/l the cia and have fbi install it, nothing special.

That's what I have been doing too, but got this error.

>Failed to install CIA file.
>Result code : 0xDE0806A
>Level: Permanent (27)
>Summary: Invalid argument (7)
>Module: AM (32)
>Desc: Cart signature or hash check failed (106)

Note that for JKSM to inject a save, you need to initialise save data for that game or it won't know where to inject.

Is there any reason to hold onto those level up rare candy things in pokemon? or just feed em all to your starter ?

Rare candies are most useful when getting your Pokémon to level 100, since they cross much larger EXP requirements at that stage.

You could use a rare candy at level 20 to skip a couple thousand EXP points, or you could use it at level 90 and skip several thousand EXP points.

If I pick up a New 3DS over Black Friday or whatever you clapistanis call it, will it be updated to the latest firmware?

most likely or at least 11-11.1

11.0 most likely

So I'd need a hardmod or a previously hacked system for a downgrade then?

Probably not to the latest one, but +11.0. You must check it's serial to know that.

So with Aurora's latest a9lh installer, you can't even boot ReiNand's arm9loader.hax?

Yes. The best is to get one below 10.6

yes, could be old new 3ds' they just slapped on new faceplates and it has old firmware but the last n3ds released was the 3d land one not to long ago which already had 10.7 so there is a small chance it's also 10.7 but most likely 11.0+

I downloaded some GBA .cia injections.

Are emulators superior to the injections?

Only in the case of SNES9x on an O3DS.

no

for gba no since gba is native, on n3ds emulators are since with snes injections can't play games like mario rpg, but on o3ds not really

Yes, but GBA games look sorta fuzzy, was hoping I could fix that with a filter.

holy FUCK these cutscenes are killing me in SuMo

Whenever I try to load pokemon Moon I get a black screen, why is this?

You mean SM, Reddit scum.

Or you have a New 3DS.

What do you mean?

you download the wrong roms then

there was a mega link with over 100+ most popular game that got redone to look better

Does anybody know what firmware the black friday n3ds will be on?

3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/274981-mega-170-gba-games-colors-restored-ghosting-begone.html

I got these.

I mean dick and balls, you faggot

there's a goddamn cutscene every single time you take 10 steps in this game

literally just scroll up for about 10 posts

Which game?

pokemon sun and moon

Oh, I understand now. Why didn't you specify everything in the first post?

How could you not recognise "SuMo" as referring to Sun and Moon

Seriously

Because only PC retards say SuMo, which fortunately Veeky Forums has few of.

Because *no one* at Nintendo foresaw an issue with a game like this being referred to as S&M.

Anyone?

>hating on the sunmoon cutscenes
This shit is comfy, I like the road trip theme with your buds.

What are you running it with?

What version is your system on?

Are you using a9lh or something else?

Details my friend, we needs them.

I've tried just clicking on it and using FBI, both have the same result

My system is on 9.2.0-20U

I am using a9lh

What does that word have to do with Sun and Moon? And why are you typing it in a way that makes you look like the dumb idiot I'm starting to think you are?

What issue?

How updated is your Luma?

I'd update that first, to current, then if that's a no-go, try updating to 11.2, since it's safe for you on a9lh.

My version of Luma is the latest.

Retard question time, can I just update to 11.2 using the system update in system settings?

"kids" game. S&M is usually used to refer to sadomasochism.

Aye lad. Don't feel too retarded, I just went to go online for the first time with Animal Crossing: New Leaf and forgot I needed to save before going into the System Settings to disable that parental lock "I'm over 13" bullshit. Lost a whole day's work (paid off my first loan AND got my expansion slated for tomorrow morning). I've been kicking myself in the ass over it.

Because it's a completely different word that uses a different pronunciation, maybe? If you wanted to do a japanese-style abbreviation you should have done something like samu, which isn't recognizable either. Can't you just call it normally?

Apart from the fact that most people call it SM and not S&M (I mainly see that with the anime), how is that an issue? Lots of acronyms have different meanings based on the context.

Thanks man (or woman), that worked.

>most call it SM
>not S&M

Same reason why people are calling it SuMo

I don't personally use "SuMo", my point is how can you not fucking recognise what they're talking about when these boards can't shut up about Pokémon games

I've rarely seen people calling past games R&S or B&W and similar.

It makes no sense.

Just picjed up two cover plates for $8 and the guy handed me a spare volcanion code. Today was a good day

So why cant a n3ds downgrade a o3ds

can't system transfer downwards only to same system or up

I know, im asking why. Seems likw it would just be a software thing

because nintendo, not much to it plus n3ds "exclusive" stuff would have to transfer to the o3ds probably blocked it to prevent stuff like this

Thanks again user, have this chicken.

Isnt the only exclusive game for n3ds xenoblade?

binding of issac runbow wind up knight 2 etc and the snes games

retroarch is running like shit for me. gba especially on the latest nightly.

does anyone have a link to a 3ds retroarch build that doesn't suck?

don't bother with gba emulators use injections/cias they run native

I'm following this guide: plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade and I'm doing a system transfer.

However it says:
>Do NOT delete the source system’s SD card contents if prompted

But it seems like there's no way to avoid this step. How can I proceed without deleting the source 3DS data?

why would you not just inject the roms

Yo im following phailects guide to go from my Rxtools setup to a Luma3ds+a9lh one. Do i have to download these torrents? these are gonna take forever. should have done this before

there not that big

I really don't get why what is it, like a 4 megabyte torrent? would take forever.

all the files are pretty small anyway and it's not that many most of them are from the github

Its like a 700 Megabyte one right now. are there any more ones? this shits taking forever. and i have pretty decent internet too

dunno what it is most of them are really small

what is the best way to put games on the ps3?

What I've been doing is downloading the iso files to my pc then I connect the ps3's HDD and after splicing the files together I got a game. I was wondering if this could be done within the ps3 itself.

the really big one is the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer
Is that supposed to be a big one? am i supposed to download that?

Yeah, it's pretty straightforward.

that makes since then it's a whole 2.1 premade nand image you flash so yeah it's important and needed for o3ds nand sizes are always pretty big

If you have an O3DS, yes. That's weird though, the older version of the guide only required like 120 megabytes of 2.1 files.

Does anybody have a Berserk musou psn link?

>Can you play PSP and PS1 games natively?
Currently only those you buy from the store, but PS1 can be emulated pretty well. There is an ePSP explpoit in the works, but it'll probably be AT LEAST a month or two before we get that publically.

>Can you play backups of all games?
Most of them. Games coming out now are impossible to play on a hacked vita because of updated titlekeys (even legit copies), but nearly everything released before 3.61 is available. Some games (Atelier most notably) seem to have glitches or bugs, but most games run fine.

>Are there even a lot of games for it besides Persona 4 Golden?
Sure, the question is whether you like them or not. Check the Games doc in OP (use the DATABASE tab) and take a look at anything that jumps out at you and see if the system has stuff to offer for you.

there's a difference between any version files you use to downgrade and a crtransfer image

Is it possible to hack my wii?

No I understand it's an image, but in the scheme of the guide supposedly being simpler, that massive increase in filesize is a bit counter intuitive.

just realised i'm going to have to open up this new 3ds xl every time i want to do something with the SD
fuck me

How do I use a DSTWO with CFW? It's not recognized anymore.

Can someone help? I'm not sure if I should go with the transfer or not.

yes you can hack it and make able to play backups in like 5 mins
nah