/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #444

''Girls Just Want to Have Fun'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11107672
strawpoll.me/11190596
strawpoll.me/11239475
strawpoll.me/11273878
strawpoll.me/11269929
strawpoll.me/11332383
strawpoll.me/11332384
strawpoll.me/11407677
strawpoll.me/11645517 (New)
strawpoll.me/11645519 (New)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=Fe358vPzjSI
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
strawpoll.me/11645517
strawpoll.me/11645519
smolgaycake.tumblr.com/post/134215469069/
fanfiction.net/s/12007315/38/I-Know-that-Life-is-Strange
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Our Father who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
And forgive us our debts,
As we also have forgiven our debtors;
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.

One year ago for us and a little over three for them. Amongst the tragedy, fear, and doubt they found bravery, inspiration, and happiness in each other.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=Fe358vPzjSI

Oh good. A new thread. Nice edition/name too, that song will be stuck in my head.
Have fun and stay comfy! Goodnight, /lisg/.

Sleep tight m8.

Max is #1

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

Kate is #1

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Molli is #1

Chloe is #1

max,chloe pls

Victoria isn't #1

Why is this general so unfriendly to Victoria now? It didn't used to be like this.

Brooke isn't #1, she's beyond binary numbers and pound hashtag symbols

Then how do we quantify Brooke user?

We could stretch her into metadata and analyze her further. But she may have defenses in place to prevent that from happening, like a virtual Brooke (several perhaps) projected into cyberspace. Quite the enigma.

>strawpoll.me/11645517
>strawpoll.me/11645519
Stop shitting up the polls spammercuck!

Why is this cuck so in love with Brooke?

>Kate Marsh
>24 votes
alice pls

who made this?

rtil

Can somebody upload the game so my little sister can play it?

>rtil
erm, not quite
smolgaycake.tumblr.com/post/134215469069/

Are Alice and Lynn good friends?

No

They're gonna freeze in the snow.

with how warm they make each other feel, doubt it .

>18 years old

Damn.
I'm 25 and I can only draw stick men.

Good night anons. Pleasant dreams to you all.

Sleep well, Alice.

Friendly reminder Alice is a demon sent to corrupt and kill Kate.

You'd been gone for a while... and I'm not sure I've missed you or not.

Let's say I did. Welcome back in our ranks.

I still like her!

victoria is qt

What diabolical things are they planning?

An ugly personality can't make up for a pretty face.

Raising a Bunny Army and conquering the corrupt Arcadia Bay to bring about a Golden Age and punish those who have done wrong.

Of course she is #1, you silly Anons

I agree with this, but Victoria is capable of being a nice person. It's just a question of if she will take the steps to do so.
I think she will, although there will still be times where the old-Victoria comes out. A big part of it is finding friends that she feels safe around.

True #1

Non-character!

And yet people cared more about her than some of the other characters.

Someone saved the crappy edit I made where I tried to make Chloe's hair blue?
Okay.
Here's the the original for anyone who wanted it (It was originally in panels and I just put them together for ease of saving/posting).
Damn you, Victoria for ruining their moment!

Max is sad. ;_;

Some love from Chloe will fix that!

About their idea of her.

Mostly women wanting to be her, I assume - mysterious, loved by all, center of attention for characters and plot alike. Chloe's lover. When really, she wasn't any of that in any truer sense.

Not to say I don't get the intrigue of Rachel as a narrative device and the interest in her character that can naturally grow from that... but I never really got the obsession with the latter, when really she is so obviously the former. What I find intriguing about Rachel is what she means to the narrative and the characters. Specifically the implication she is for Chloe, Max and their relationship. But she herself does not exist in a very real sense.

But the LiS world is very immersive, so the interest and projecting comes easily, especially with this character that is for people to have ideas about almost entirely. Not least because her meaning for the story in a lot of regards already is that question of who she is.

Dunno, I just don't think dontnod did anything too interesting with her specifically to make her a "character" that would warrant the amount of interest there is. If anything, that's one of the major letdowns that they didn't make Rachel as a character ultimately more than a small town tragedy buried in dirt.

One Chloeloving coming right up!

Talking about major letdowns, I just realized Chloe doesn't have her tattoo here. Would up the value of this already great pic significantly.
Can anyone fix?

I can do pic related for now.

The same could be said about others like Sean Prescott, Max's parents, or even Jefferson.
They're not really characters. They're ideas. Still, that doesn't mean people can't speculate about their personalities and stuff.

Yeah it's a shame when people forget or don't include Chloe's tattoo. I get that it's hard to draw and very elaborate but that is why it's awesome.
Chloe did a fucking awesome job of planning it and whoever actually put it on her did a great job. It must have costs a decent amount of money or Rachel knew someone.

It's not the speculating about her personality that I don't get. It's the fascination or obsession with her as a character.

How many art works of Sean or Max's parents exist? Or Nathan's sister, for another example. (Although, funnily enough, I have seen the latter be brought up more often than I'd ever expect to, too. Like, people making an actual model for her: pic related.)

Obviously Rachel has another quality for the narrative altogether and carries more meaning, but as you rightly say - just like Sean and Nax's parents -, she exists only in photos and text messages and her meaning for other people. Yet still there is a vastly more distinct Rachel "fandom", tons of fanart and fanfiction, entire blog spaces dedicated to her. She's tumblr's wet self-insertion dream. Mostly a female one.

And I mean, I get the attraction to her as a character myself. The visual attractiveness of course, but also the type of personality she vaguely comes across as. The personal stories that could be there. Even those potential ones beyond her death. Sympathize obviously with the meaning she's had in Chloe's life, feel the tragedy and cruel morbidity of her death.
I kind of get imagining her alive and making her an actual character where the game didn't, but not only was she obviously more device than character, she also always for me was more something to "overcome" in her narrative function - one of those obstacles, for both Max and Chloe. Maybe even in more than just that psychological sense of Max overcoming her insecurities she has in comparing herself to Rachel and of Chloe realizing what Rachel really was to her, through that what Max is, and letting go like she couldn't of her father before. Namely in that spiritual sense of her involvement in the story beyond her death; although with that there's obviously the question whether she was obstacle or guide - malevolent or benevolent. Probably both.

That artist must have just forgot. They seem fairly proficient in their style, and that style would have allowed a very simplistic rendition of her tattoo of course.

But you are obviously talking about generally people not including her tattoo. Sometimes they'll use the concept art and shop it onto her arm, but that only very rarely looks nice. Other times they will hide her right arm just so that they don't have to bother with it.

And I agree, it's awesome and a Chloe drawing that includes it even only partially visibly or in a simple style has a lot more value instantly. Certainly recognition value.

That's a badass picture of the badass cutie!
I really do like Max, and I love Pricefield, but I also love Chloe. She is an amazing character and has strength that is rare in life. The strength to go through so much shit and keeping going without losing hope.
In the end, she is rewarded with what she's always wanted. Perhaps the biggest part of that being Max.

Scratch that, the biggest part of that was DEFINITELY Max.
Chloe wanted love, happiness, adventure, honesty, and fun out of life. But her vision of an ideal partner (The one she hastily applied to Rachel when there was only really a potential for a close friendship there. Not a long-term romantic relationship.) was created by her experiences with Max. And vice versa where we see a lot of what Max is attracted to is because it reminds her of Chloe.

fanfiction.net/s/12007315/38/I-Know-that-Life-is-Strange
Oh good. Chloe's going to have a lot of trouble in the near future.
>Nathan is insane and has a vision of Rachel telling him to kill Chloe
>Some corrupt fuck cop is getting told to ruin Chloe to get Nathan off the hook
>Jefferson is going to help with that
At least I hope it's Nathan being insane. The idea that Rachel would resent and hate Chloe is clearly not even close to hows he felt in the game. It's got to be Nathan hallucinating and projecting his own thoughts about Chloe and Max.
Still, I sense things are going to get very rough.

Yes, I also admire primarily that about her. How not-broken she is despite all the hurt in her life, how willing and eager to take Max back in and embrace life with her with enthusiasm, humor, love and emotion again. Like a child - which at her core she really still is and frankly we should all strive to be. For her that "being a child at core" obviously has much to do with that child having experienced trauma and her protecting and thus conserving it in a sense, but it's not really a pathology of her character - it's authentic personality. A "child" can live on in adults, and that is a lesson Max has also learned. "Childish" things are not bad - becoming an adult is not to put away childish things; it's to accept and embrace things about yourself and the world, childish or not. And if you manage keep that sense of wonder, enthusiasm, "innocence" and so on of a child into adulthood and adult life, that's an accomplishment if anything. The child is the father of the man (mother of the woman).

My Max did not give up on her decisions and the reasons she's made them for, sentiment she's made them in, place she's made them out of (all of which is her "childish" identity) - she accepts and embraces that about herself and that accepting and embracing is to become an adult. She does not put herself away and chooses an "adult" identity in a replacement sense. Just like Chloe did not give up.

And Max and Chloe together obviously bring those core qualities out in each other. Their fun, adventures, confiding in one another completely, being perfectly comfortable, that innocence of their dynamic, the eagerness and openness, playful yet serious, nothing complicating their feelings for each other because they just are, the natural togetherness and understanding. All very "childish" things when you look at how "adult" relationships often function. But they ultimately lead to self-embracement, happiness, love. That's the type of relationship you'd hope to have.

Anyway, that's rambling. It really is an important aspect of Chloe's character that she has had that strength to protect herself and now gets her Max back to make it so all of it has been worth it, where she can let her inner self come out and shine again, and do the same for Max.

It's just unfortunate when people take that strength as something else entirely. The idea of a depressed - sometimes suicidally so -, (self-)destructive, trouble-inside-and-out, insensitive ("badass"), rough and edgy, even spiteful and hurtful and so on character. I will never sympathize with that misconception of her. It's so glaringly obvious how sensitive and sensitiveness-craving she is. Emotionally hurt and looking to heal, which she does with Max so brilliantly, not emotionally out to hurt herself or others like people sometimes mistake it for - even mistake her relationship with Max as hurting the latter when it is so crucially, wonderfully the opposite. So yeah, I agree with also, obviously.

That story apparently keeps getting worse when it was irritatingly bad as a premise to begin with (you know, the thing where Max goes back to the beginning and then does even worse than the first time around for not reason but writer's fiat who wants to put her in the bunker for days).

I won't tell you to stop posting about it here and am sorry I can still not reply to you in kind, but that's just... Just what is the author thinking. I don't want to even read these summaries of it.

Max is straight
Nathan got off without jailtime because he defended himself from a drug crazed whore trying to bribe and assault him
Chloe is dead
Jefferson goes free after a few years

>Max is straight
Well you've got some other valid points in there but DELETE THIS

That is some baaahd b8.
My mom's alive and if anyone says otherwise I'll ram them in the baaaalls.

"Stop doubting yourself Max. You're awesome."

Wonder where they're running to that they're so excited.
A date, a concert, or just maybe just happy to be with each other that they wanted to jump and skip. How gay.
But adorable.

Friendly reminder that if you chose to sacrifice Chloe but still ship Pricefield, you're a hypocrite and you should get the fuck out of this thread right now.

Even if the player sacrifices Chloe, Max will just go back and save her. It's the only possible, inevitable, outcome.

Life is Pricefield

I want to pet that goat

Right you are!

Friendly reminder that if you chose to sacrifice bay but still saved Kate, you're a hypocrite and you should get the fuck out of this thread right now.
Kate>Chloe

Don't start your bullshit, trollish, arguments.
Nearly everyone was fine during the storm. Only those who decided to stay outside and act silly got hurt.

>Act silly
Why u bully Alyssa

Chloe smells...

I would love to hear Max describe Chloe's smell. Maybe it would lead into a long, adorable ramble. Or just a few words.

It can't be bad though, because one of Max's favourite pastimes is burying her nose deep in the crook of Chloe's neck.

It's something that some see as weird, but to Max it's one of the most comforting things possible. To deeply inhale the unique lend of perfume, shampoo, faded smoke, and leather.
Only thing that tops it for Max is to add in kissing and then also getting the taste of Chloe and cinnamon gum she's chewing.

Also good ol' Joyce detergent, Price household smell, and Chloe's natural body odor composed of sweat and pheromones.

Body odor, sweat, leather, weed and cigarette.

She smells like funny plants. But she always has some strawberries on hand too.

Oh yeah. I also think Chloe has a bottle of the cologne William used tucked away that she wears for formal events.
Where she has to look, and smell nice, and where she wants that extra comfort of feeling like her father is with her. She didn't say anything at first, but when she wore it with Max to a gallery, Max recognized the smell.

Why does Chloe carry around strawberries? Odd but okay.
Maybe they're dried and in a bag or something. At least they're a healthy snack for her and Alice.

I think so too. Chloe having sentimentally significant objects of William's tucked away safely in her room is a headcanon that hits me right in the feels. And it's so true, too. Obviously she does.

And what puts you back better than a scent? It's one of, if not the most reminiscent thing. Remini-scent, heh. Maybe Max's photos come close. Especially if they were to actually jump into them together, of course.

Fancy formal Chloe is best Chloe!

She realizes that his death was tragic and now she's also realized it can't be changed. It was something she's wanted to undo (And that's entirely understandable) but she also knows she can survive past it. The hardest part is over.
I like the idea of her and Max getting one chance to say goodbye to him. But to jump into photos numerous times could complicate things and is probably unhealthy- William is dead. But he is not gone. Chloe, Max, Joyce, etc. have their memories and reminders of him, and them staying strong and moving on to be happy is what would make him proud.

Chloe can be hella fancy! In either a dress or a suit. She can really pull off both looks.
I would love to go to an art show and see both her and Max cuddling up together, viewing pieces, and answering questions people have for Max about her work.

We need more Pricefield Dancing. Renderanon could have them dance side-by-side or in front of each other at least, using the existing animations like he used to.

Hey Max, show off your dance skills!

Fancy Pricefield is fancy.
I'd imagine they would end up going to quite a few formal events when Max starts winning contests, selling her photos, and getting notoriety. Plus Chloe will bring them to a bunch of charity functions.
Then there's whatever parties their friends throw. Lots of chances to dress up and try a bunch of foods that nobody can pronounce.

thats cute

It made me giggle watching Max and then laugh when Chloe appeared.
I wouldn't mind if those two were the actresses for the series. They're the closet I've seen to resembling Max and Chloe. Even if they're a little older, you can tell they're having fun and are friends.