/fog/ - Fallout General

Best Faction Edition

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 1 and 2
>Mods and Patches
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3/New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations, Run Ideas, etc:
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
(Updates in progress)

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository (Mods, Rips, etc):
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc
>VGU (Rips):
pastebin.com/v1adFSwj
pastebin.com/S2eDehza

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hf59CX1QNqo
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10812/
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17587
twitter.com/zen_studios/status/798556638957355008
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>take the second rank of Night Person
>whenever i crouch the contrast gets bumped up and the frame becomes blurry
>>Night Vision

What a horrible perk

I hate this shit so very much, I only took it for the fucking intelligence boost

Im playing survival too. The last time my game saved was in the middle of Trinity tower, i rather fight Fist for the 5th time than go the rest of the game like this

Should've just increased vats accuracy at night, or something else simpler.

also, nth for lever action rifles

on a scale of 1 to JUST how broken will this be?

My favorite part is when i place a mine at a door just to find out the enemy i was placing it for resides on the other side and the mine goes off and kills us both

is it at all possible to force a DLC item to exist in the base game through a mod?

i.e. handmade rifle, or marine assault armor?

if that mod places the item in the vanilla worldspace via an esp then yes as long as you have said dlc files

That shit actually looks pretty nice, the Hellfire armor looks better than it did in Fallout 3

Medicine stick is tied with Survivalist's Rifle for best gunfu.

Looking kind of weird there. Got a shot of it with someone wearing it?

So hypothetically, someone could straightup rip the handmade rifle out of Nuka-World and set it up as a standalone weapon to be used in vanilla for people without the DLC?

as long as one had the corresponding model and texture files

you'd have to remake it in the CK

The armor or the stealth suit?

I don't fucking think so

any of them

Stealth suit would be incredibly broken if it has the same effect as it did in FO3. Chain Blitz Ninja though the world.

>you'd have to remake it in the ck

probably just be easier to sell my body for a season pass ffs. legit figured I could just ask someone to copy the relevant files and add them into my game or something

pls no bully for ignorance

I meant broken as in not functioning as intended/crashing the game because lol unoctium

yeah, you'd need the animations too

Oh, in that case who the fuck knows?

Is something like that particularly difficult or time consuming? could a lolnoexperience person like myself do it in 2 hours or is it something that would take a skilled modder several days of work?

or should I just stop asking dumb questions and get a job

honestly man, I'd just get a hold of the dlc somehow

shit spawns in the wasteland, I've gotten lever actions and shit from FH already doing automatron

re modding it in would be a metric pain in the ass, A because I still dont know how shit works, it isn't like in 3 and NV where you just select models, apply stats and sounds/animations then place it in the world

theres a lot more steps in that and I dont know how this game handles animations and where to find them

Just pirate the DLC.

I would, but I don't know any reliable sources, and literally googling "fallout 4 dlc torrent" is the equivalent of texting a dealer you've never met "Hello, I'd like to buy some weed."

youtube.com/watch?v=hf59CX1QNqo

( ' w ' )

Good lord.

This shit is taking fucking forever.

You will be mine, Medicine Stick.

>be me
>get YUP gameplay tweaks
>apparently this makes stealing it while sneaking
>but not while standing
>able to rob them blind while standing

Are you serious m8? How new to the internet are you?

Literally go to The Pirate Bay and search for "Nuka World", "Automatron" or "Far Harbor". Literally twenty seconds.

a-almost there.... just a little further

>mfw I've been trying for a but over an hour to get past Curtain Call on survival
>Mfw I finally beat it
>Mfw a vanilla raider Gets lucky with a Molotov and sends me back to the quest

Forgot pic

Nuh bruh
my screens are on fleek

Yeah that bothers me too. But one is a Weapon's Workbench (on the left) and the other one is the Advanced Power Armor workbench.
Actually the weapon's one have some firearms part around the counter so it's slightly different.

That's a racist toward-a muh spaghetticountry

iktf, I have multiple companions and giving them nuka granades wasn't a great idea

Go to IGG-games, Search Fallout 4, skip the downloads to the base game and grab the update 1.7+DLCs thing, if its an installer just install it to ANY folder that isnt your actual game and copy the DLC files over to your proper one

Did your game just suddenly auto-save before the elevator to the roof in Trinity tower? That happened to me once.

Yeah. Tbh I would probably kill myself if I had to run the entire Trinity tower gauntlet each time I died

>go to far harbor
>Fps drops bigly while in the town
>Its just fine outside of it
Is there anyway to fix shit like this? I've had this problem since day one.

get the fog remover mods
I guess
Im surprised how with Fo4 feeling so much better than all the Fallout games, its the buggiest out of all of them somehow

thats launch NV and modern Fallout 3

That's the thing though. I have true storms installed, and that adds shitloads of fog in the Commonwealth too. FPS is fine there, but tanks in far harbor.

I had few issues with Launch NV actually, Fo3 was a pain in the cockhole but still not as bad as some of the shit I came across Fo4 a year after release totally vanilla

>pirated copy of fallout 3 works better than a purchased copy

it just fucking werks

>in every Bethesda game DLCs can be installed like mods
>No type of DRM whatsoever for these
>It's fucking peanuts to pirate and install
Will this ever change? Does Bethesda not know, or do they just not care?
Not that I'm complaining.

They dont care, theyre still a AAA studio, the packs do contain a far higher pedigree compared to most mods and they know it. People seriously overestimate how much piracy is talked about and widespread it is, its only big in 3rd world shitholes, the western world really doesnt pick up on it anywhere near as much as its made out to

Is there a mod that allows me to have gen 1/2 synths as settlers?

Is it just me or that Nexus is fucking slow?

nope

always slow

at least it isnt shitting itself like it was last week

I wanna start fallout 4. What is easiest build of I wanna do no armor stealth and guns with some tech stuff and diplomacy?

I mostly used shotguns manual action rifles and handguns in new Vegas.

Special and perk tips appreciated.

I want something I can play and not die every 2 seconds.

special is dumb now
get a mod that gives you 40 special points or something
then its not as dumb

Are there any good mods that use fo4 script extender?

I want to smell Piper's belly-button!

Looksmenu was a pretty cool F4SE mod for helping with ripping faces

I think most people use F4SE for scrap everything mods but I know there are some that don't use it, too.

Place anywhere and scrap everything come to mind.

This. It's also worth noting that they're probably not losing a lot of revenue anyway - piracy is only practically possible on PC, where a majority of the sales are _not_, and most of those who pirate probably weren't going to buy to begin with. My guess is Bethesda just doesn't care, because they're hardly losing out at all.

Very few actually, this will probably change once they stop patching the game.

Honestly pirating is only really common for kids, neets, and starving uni students. It's pretty rare to meet someone with a job who actually still pirates shit.

Yeah, that too.

Bethesda benefits a lot from the community and interest that the modding for these games in general fosters. They surely know this, too - keeping the game/DLC files unencumbered by BS is a big part of making modding accessible and reasonable doable. I don't doubt for a second that this _vastly_ outweighs any benefit they might effect by instituting a DRM paradigm in excess of what FNV brought (i.e. Steamworks encryption against the executable).

>doesn't link last thread in OP

well fuyck you cant find it in archive either

>make a new character in fallout 4
>play for a couple hours, having fun
>don't play for a day or two
>start game up again
>can't get into old character
>delete and start over
What kind of autism is this? It's ruining my experience since I'm starting to get sick of never leaving the starter area.

>both arms up
>not only one helplessly scraping at the leg
>gun not pointed at the synth
>not another fallen synth in the background
>other synth not helplessly holding its only arm out to reach for his friend about to get murdered
Do you even drama?

Stealth suit when?

where?

What did he mean by this?

I don't know i'm not a doctor

thanks

I have a few basic ideas for future Fallout games

1. Fallout: Seattle. It would be a game that would focus mainly on the expansion of the Great Khan Empire across the Northwest, as suggested in that one ending for New Vegas. The NCR would be basically nonexistent in the area except maybe a few long range scouts.

2. Fallout: Chicago. Chicago is probably the best city in the Midwest to set a Fallout game. It has a long history of mob violence, which could play into local gangs. Is the home base of the Midwestern BoS, a faction that has been pretty reclusive since the end of Tactics, and its located pretty centrally in the Midwest, giving easy access to Detroit, Milwaukee, Indianapolis, and St Louis as possible DLC locations.

3. Fallout: Miami. Would be a large paradigm shift compared to past Fallout games, with the overwhelming majority of the population being non-feral ghouls, with humans and the oppressed minority group.

4. Fallout: New Orleans. If there is any city that best represents the south, it would be New Orleans. It would be cool to see a Fallout game set in a heavy swamp area. With New Orleans possibly being the home of some southern republic.

5. Fallout: Ronto. After taking the Capital Wasteland in Fallout 3, and The Commonwealth in Fallout 4, as well as The Pitt sometime after Fallout 4, The Brotherhood of Steel sets their sites on the last major city of the post-war North-East. The Canadian city of Toronto. Only to find that Ronto has been taken over by descendants of the pre-war military soldiers who occupied the city. forming their own BoS like entity, except far more draconian and overbearing then even the MWBoS are.

I would like the idea of a Chiraq Fallout game, especially the idea of local gangs fighting for supremacy, maybe vs some kind of "politician" à la Ceasar trying to revive the old past glory of prohibitionism? Also, the BoS and all the other cities you mentioned would imply a game heavily focused on machinery, robots and other tech stuff.

When is this asshole going to release this?

me too

help

do you guys have any overhaul mods to recommend?
this game feels bland, i need more variety everywhere
enemies, loot, whatever

also the lighting fucking sucks what gives? it reminds me of fucking stubbs the zombie

Whoever Bethesda had modeling the characters needs a good punch in the nose.
They don't know what a human head is shaped like or how it's connected to the neck, everyone has tiny faces and giant, misshapen heads.

why arent there any good quest mods? im at the end and i feel lost
this game is missing one more story rich DLC fucking bethesda fuck

I restarted playing after I quit at the end of August, and I'm having a blast

Sure, maybe I don't remember all the stuff I collected in the past few months and I had to rebuild a couple settlements but..I don't know, maybe you just like the idea of having a whole new world to explore, once again, and then when you start playing you realize it's the same shit over and over and over and you're here forever

becuase good quest mods usually take over a year to make.

A year after the CK comes out

and the CK only came out in april

A few reasons -
Modern worldbuilding/storytelling is hard.
TES is a mostly freeform fantasy game without strict rules.
FO4 is still being patched and updated, so nobody wants to invest as much work into it as they can just for everything to break when the next patch drops.

alright so someone said my colors were off

how do i fix

do you know of any good ones being worked on? or a site where such things could be tracked?

try turning the saturation down

urmom.com

how

any good mods for generators and power conduits?
shits getting on my nerves with all the wires everywhere

yeah, its called the vault-tec DLC

shiieeet
well at least i get paid tomorrow so i can get the rest of the dlcs i didnt get

>bought the dlc seperately

Wasteland Workshop gives you access to the Fusion Generator, the ones that have Fusion Cores (doesn't need one, though) and has 100 Power.
Contraption Workshop gives conduits that you can snap together (looks good to a degree).
Vault-Tec DLC gives you access to Reactor and Super Reactor, which gives 150 and 500 Power respectively.

that link doesnt relate to fallout there buddy try again

What ENB preset are you using?

Also, maybe it sounds like a stupid question, but: are you running f.lux? And, do you use FRAPS to get your screenshots?

how do i know that

i think i tried to download some thing once but gave up on it

i'm not sure what F.lux is and yes i use fraps for screenshots

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10812/
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17587

the easiest way to fix your colors is just to remove your shitty enb

^this

Liked, subscribed, upvoted

Looks like Fallout pinball is coming, for anyone interested that isn't just me

twitter.com/zen_studios/status/798556638957355008

Oh god, it's pachinko all over again.

Elder Scrolls VI, staring the Springborn.

>The ball randomly clips through the board
It just works

Alright so i downloaded ''Vogue ENB'' copyright version something

is this how its supposed to look because either i can't notice any difference or my eyes have issues

Looks completely normal now

>he bought fallout 4

What gun and what mod

i guess that's something

ok cool, should help with power and stuff for me
are there any mods that hide wires or let you make them go through walls and stuff?