/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ - #611 - Time is fucked Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/sonic-universe-comic-features-detectives-pirates-a/1100-6445440/
youtube.com/watch?v=weedx0MfQfo
youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck alex kidd

shameless self bumb

does /sthg/ do any Sonic sprite editing/pixel art?

AW YEAH, THIS IS HAPPENIN'

>30 years of Sonic
>still no penguin character

Reposting it here

windows 10 is better :^)

>that build
holy fuck

Bark is still stronger

sweater sally was fine

I quite like this artist.

artist or character design?

Sally/Erma lewds when?

Both

Does the previous artist have a tumblr or anything?

Sweater Sally you say?

I think there is one

I have no idea

I love Tails, Eggman and Rotor in this

bottomless sweater wearers are one of my fetishes

He is the best Sonic character!

Didn't they get Pendered?

yeah...

Previews for SU are out.

post it

Can't, at work. Hopefully someone else will.

>2 hours old thread
>25 posts
amerifats wake up

I'm awake, I just got nothing I want to post about.

Previews are here if anyone wants to post them
gamespot.com/articles/sonic-universe-comic-features-detectives-pirates-a/1100-6445440/

>detectives and pirates?! Sonic games never had those!

>Expecting game journalists to play Sonic games

uh...

>Tells Rouge to give up her booty
Lewd
I kind of wish Chronicles Sonic was the norm. From what I've seen of him he's probably the most entertaining Sonic

And Sonic Rush Adventure, not to mention the Chaotix have been detectives in like 95% of their game appearences.

I'd post the previews if I had time, but looking at them now, this is gonna be a fun time

>Trigger finger

HIROSHIMOOOOT

confound those /ovg/ and their bugchasing mischievery!

End of preview

Poor Pink furry thing.

>he cucked out

Just now putting together how awesome Espio as an unlockable in Shinobi would be

these faces are great
I am starting to really like the Chaotix

I'm liking that Vector is actually competent, if not a tad rash.
Before now I always saw Vec as the "Leader" while Espio as the real brains behind it all.
I have no idea where I got that from either.

>>Before now I always saw Vec as the "Leader" while Espio as the real brains behind it all.
>I have no idea where I got that from either.

well on one hand, you have the impression that a lot of wisdom comes from being a ninja, but on the other hand, Espio was pretty dumb not figuring out their clients real identity in Heroes
>"A relative, perhaps?"

Like to think Espio is really just a massive fucking weeaboo.

Espio tends to be more competent when it comes to small-scale stuff but sucks at looking at the big picture, while Vector is the opposite.

The thing is, Espio's the "serious one". He's the straightman. But he's not any smarter than the others. In fact, he's so straightforward he's pretty narrow minded.
Vector's much more intuitive and can read situations easier. All things considered he's the real detective and Espio's good at espionage. Oh shit, that's his name.

Had a dream last night about mania

Sky sanctuary comes back and it's a mix labyrinth zone and aquatic ruins. Youll get shot into water in a background plain and follow a trail of bubbles to be shot back into the main plain

The other one is a ice cap and lava reef where the lower you go there's lava under the ice and stuff. The gimmick is basically just things fall or whatever and lava shoots out to block your path.

Fucking mark this post because if any of this comes true im some kind of prophet

kek

What would Sonic sing about?

Here ya go,

going fast

youtube.com/watch?v=weedx0MfQfo

He'd sing so fast you would not be able to tell. Like an auctioneer had a kid with speed metal singer and that kid was put on steroids.

>The other one is a ice cap and lava reef where the lower you go there's lava under the ice and stuff.
>Sonic Mania: Fire & Ice

I want Weeaboo Espio to be a thing now. And for him to meet the Chun nan crew and accidentally be horribly offensive

Oh hey, I recognize you

I'm not the artist. I just liked the pic and saved it

who is it?

youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

Poor Echo.

I want to see Espio meet Abyss now

Chilidogs

Havent been here in several months (maybe even close to a year). What did I miss? Are the comics still a thing?

Try scrolling up even slightly? Christ.

Nah, comics are dead.
Sonic went mobile exclusive.
We're just here lamenting.

Yummylicious.

Well you missed Unleashed ending, the Mania and 2017 hype, shitposting, Boom season 2 starting, ABT swinging by, a visit from Senpai, among other things

I love everything in that set.

So you missed one of the most hype years of Sonic since Generations? Man, sucks to be you.

It's time to stop.

Stop what?

>Reading comments

I almost commented on some fuckwads dumblr post on 06 that was trending, saying how SEGA was calling the kettle black by making fun of 06 but not Boom. But then I remembered that no matter what I say, these retards think they have a point.

Just ignore there comments, no matter how stupid they are.

>youtube comments

The Sonic dumblr community is a hard one to deal with.

Is it just me or has there been this weird growth of people defending 06 lately?

Sonic fans will defend anything Arin bash now no matter what is the quality of the game.

I swear everyone dicksucks every 3D fan game regardless of quality just to make "Sonic is bad lol" jokes

Explains why people defend most of the games in this franchise. They're blind fanboys who can't stand the mean man saying bad things about their favorite game

>Youtube comments
Though to be fair, Utopia is real good.

No. Autistic Sonic """fans""" defend 06 because they forget about objectivity and believe "shit on it because it's Sonic" is unfair even though it's entirely justified. It has little to do with that mouthbreather's shitspewing.

But they're all correct though. Sega should just let the fans do the games and stuff from now on. Cancel 2017 and let stuff like Mania become the norm because Sonic team can't make good games

You can't blame reviewers and journalists for shitting on Sonic when it's been so bad for so long. Yet some people get butt hurt when they rightfully insult Sonic's many bad choices and games

I blame nostalgia. However I mainly blame the fact that people feel that 06 was the last time Sega tried to do anything 'ambitious'. Which is *partially* true, they just want to see a return to Sonic being taken 'seriously' and having multiple characters. Despite the fact that it was really only with Sonic Adventure that Sonic started to attempt being 'serious' rather than just a standard platforming game with both light and dark elements. Also despite the fact that no game post 1998 really clicked with everyone like the original games did, what 06 did was really just bring all the problems people had with 3D Sonic games to a head. Dodgy camera and control, cringeworthy characters and melodramatic plots, and a general sense of identity crisis.

I agree, that turning Sonic into a Saturday morning cartoon character is something of a stab in the back to people who grew up with 'muh serious Sonic'. However the only real flaw it has are bad jokes from Pontac and Graff more than anything.

You saw that too? I nearly bit the hook myself.

Honestly Pontaff are fine. People are just mad it's not super serious. Their writing fits Sonic to a T and I hope they return for 2017

...no. I'd like to play the game first before making any judgements about the franchise's future, thank you very much.

I agree with you 100%. Out of all the cool things Sonic provided these last few years, the Johnny Test writing 'team' was the lamest.

yeah dude let's give everyone who has made a slightly decent tech demo in their freetime a shitload of cash and a deadline there's no way this could possibly backfire

Why hasn't Blaze come through a portal in Boom yet

What's wrong with having Sonic be a bit more comedic? Sonic's a naturally snarky character, and that lends itself to comedy, and as the Boom show and Twitter have proven, it's a good direction for him

Fluffy sanic :3c

I laugh at a couple of the lines, but I can see why people are upset. I honestly think they could stand to get better writers like those who work on Boom.

Also, wasn't the OP for that post the same guy who ships Chris Thorndyke and Dave the Intern?