/brg/ - Battlerite General

No complaining/dying allowed edition

>What is Battlerite?
Battlerite is a PvP skillshot-based team arena game, similar to WoW Arena. It is made as the successor to Bloodline Champions, and is currently in Early Access. Release date slated at early 2017.

>INFORMATION
Store Page: store.steampowered.com/app/504370
Official News: steamcommunity.com/games/504370/announcements/
Official Wiki: battlerite.gamepedia.com/Battlerite_Wiki
Statistics: masterbattlerite.com/

>I want to donate my mmr to /brg/
discord.gg/kPmykeU

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11663417
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thorn when

never

3th for Teldo the croak god

Why is this game so dead? Like, what's the actual reason? Because it's not f2p yet?

Enjoy your meme e-celeb.

EU finals starting now.
Croak/Jade vs Lucie/Ruh Kaan or bakko.

teldo and velrosk are gods but the lucie ruh kaan destroyed the number one shifu player earlier in the tourney.

BLC was a failure of a game and stunlock has succeeded in appeasing neither BLCfags who won't shut up that the game is different, nor in grabbing new players with the redesign.

actual reasons from most significant to least
>No marketing
>no twitch or youtuber big name playing it, forcing it(yes this matters largely nowadays, sad but true)
>not f2p
>requires time investment to git gud

a lot of the same shit that made Bloodline die regardless of the game quality

While it's true that the marketing is practically non-existent right now (and probably is a mistake not to go hard with it, even in EA), they did get sodapoppin to start doing sponsored streams.

>literally who's stomping the best duo
GET IN HERE

There was some hype at the start/end of the closed beta, problem in my opinion is the 3-4 months of EA after it. Not enough advertisement, I think.

ded gaem

Match 1 goes to Teldo/verosk after all!

RIP the dream.

Does this mean Ruh Kaan is tier 1 now?

Ruh Kaan confirmed for best waifu.

it doesn't matter dude. big twitch streamers, lol pros, dota pros, wow pros, hs "pros", even smash bros melee pros have streamed it and got huge numbers. not one of them stuck with the game, and the worst part is that all of them ENJOY the game. none of them had any gripes or complaints and they genuinely had fun, but they can't afford to break away from their main audience for obvious reasons, or they just don't want to stream it.

i'm honestly giving it til next champion before calling it, regardless of ranked MM changes. it's obvious that no matter how many people are bitching about MM being awful and non-fun, that's clearly not the reason aren't playing. they added in unranked 2 patches ago and the average numbers haven't changed. you might want to retort that the team building in unranked is even worse but that shouldn't matter when it's unranked right? which points to there being a problem in the gameplay instead, which is centered around the boring champion kits.

but it's probably fucked anyway, idk. whether the next champion is fun or not, it doesn't make up for all the other ones being lame and similar, and they don't have the time or desire to rework everyone.

I hope they add a ton of fake progression and leveling to the game before they release F2P. Then maybe battlerite has hope to attain a larger player base.

AND THE 200 (TWO HUNDRED) DOLLARS GOES TO TELROSK

that bakko was crazy to watch tho

>eu tourney had 1k viewers
we're gonna make it boys

Yeah he had good flicks and outplayed the croak many times

At what point do you guys think ping starts being a problem? Checking to see on which servers I should play.

Does Battlerite have an official league yet? Is that what Battlerekt is or no? I feel like this contributes to the lack of growth in a small way at least stream numbers wise.

if you're over 50 it's a slight problem
if you're over 80 it's a real problem
if you're over 100 why even play

the feeling of poloma

Do you guys like the new hero?

Is there another one?

this game is fun

People forget about the game because it gets really stale, really fast.
Don't hit counters. Use i frames to dodge. Just really boring, similar champion kits.

Of course, the remedy to this is 3v3 with a working MM mode. It won't completely save the game, but if people have a reason to grind (ranked games feel more meaningful) and they play the mode where the champions are more varied with better balance, it will help.

But SLS is pushing 2v2 for some reason, maybe because it's accessible

Progression is important too. It takes 60 games to get one gold chest, a silver chest for every day you get on.
Assuming you play an hour a day, for a week you get 7 silver chests 350 gold.
People go apeshit over cosmetics. Just look at all the opportunists who got 50 razer mounts to sell back to people. Stuff like the razer mounts help the game I think.

If they can do remodels of some of the garbage hero models and then market it as skins, I guarantee you it will help. And once you reach level 20, you get the "master skin" for that champion. That could really help people put in time. That and a working MM system.

>whoever buys EA gets a free key for a friend

Y/N?

It could work before right before the game goes f2p, they wouldn't lose sales and it would pique interest

pearl is mad at her teammate

is bakko the best bully?
I thought it was going to be varesh but I cant land shatters as consistently as I want to

>best bully
what the fuck that even mean you sperg

best bully for pushshove meaners into deathkill while they scream for mummers
:^)

>even shitposts can't keep the general alive

people like 2v2 because they feel empowered. You don't have to cooperate as much, you can just outplay the enemy by yourself. Feels like you're in control.

I think they should do another CB in december, they have to find a way to make some sort of hype.

What's "CB"?

Closed beta, don't know why I put CB instead of writing those words.

>1v2 """clutch""" play
>it's against literal retards

Why do people praise this shit? "Oh a 20 health ashka used molten fist and searing flight into me, despite his teammate being over a 100 sirius"

So is Bakko unga bunga?

That would be Rook

pls don't die

I didn't even get to see the meme 2s tournament, was at work all day

Can't you just watch the past broadcast on twitch?

clips.twitch.tv

/battlerekt/

BeautifulGerbilTooSpicy

It's on right now

>tfw finlev got fucked by a jumong combo again
Fuck meme arrow man.

Maybe if he played a real mode like 3's then he would be taken seriously

He pretty much always talks about how he likes 3s tourneys more. Can people stop saltposting MUH 3s for 80% of the threads?

MUH BLC

Why 9 rounds?

why not

Heroes of the storm has the opposite of all of those, and it's also dead

as someone who tried to play HotS a lot, this user is right. Marketing, f2p, and forcing it doesn't make it stick.

If the game is fun and the players have fun doing it, the game will do well. That's the problem though

>garbage MM
>garbage ranking system
>garbage progression
>garbage balance

there

>comparing a mobile game to BR
why would you do that

>having no idea what is being talked about and still posting
why would you do that

for better or worse, BR is seen as comparable to HotS, dota, league, HoN

>not getting the joke
get the fuck out of here

It's a lot more alive than BR and will still be there long after its death.

>admitting a mobile game has more depth than BR
why would you do that?

where did i say that? don't be silly faggot

>eldo and velrosk are gods
Makes me sick reading shit like this when it fact they are doing nothing but exploit a broken stun into 60% health comb. Its not hard to exploit this sort of synergy especially considering how retarded and dumb the buffs to Croak were.

It gets boring because no variety
Matchmaking is cancer
At higher tiers you just get stomped by parties so single queuers pretty much die off and the playerbase cannibalizes itself

strawpoll.me/11663417

ded

Battlerekt 3s are on friday

3 teams registered right now. I know of a bunch of people who are busy friday, so I doubt it will go past 10-15 tops.

why is everyone excited about Battlerekt? There were a lot of tourneys before?
Is this newfagging?

Shilling.

Nobody talks about other tourneys and battlerekt just happened

>nobody talks
because 2s are boring as fuck

the 2s final was really really good, im guessing thats why battlerekt is getting more attention.

don't forget to fill out this survey

Nobody talked about the 3s tourney that happened a couple days ago either, people only like to complain in this general

Post your champion ideas.

Illusionist like champion:
Can create copies of allies.
Ultimate turns your team invisible for a couple of second.

Ex makes the enemy team see you as one of them for a short while, as in if they have a rook, they will see two rook allies instead of one.

Mobity ability just summons a bunch of clones of you that move randomly.

another option is a necromancer so it can revive this ded thread

> spamming about 3s and MM remake in surveys
I hope that's all not for nothing

Well at least they realized that the MM leaves something to be desired.

man, there are no "matchmaking" in the list
so no, the didn't

it's not in the list because they already plan on "tweaking" it

That's bullshit improvements and you know it

the mm is fine there just aren't enough players and people at the top are sitting on their ranking now that everyone else is

the only way they can actually solve this is to cut a ranked queue and focus on one, which will cause some people to drop the game and isn't something they will do

they're going to implement season based mmr and rating decay to try to get the top players to play more, but the real problem is how shallow the game is in 2v2 and that isn't going to be addressed

casuals are going to complain about any system that doesn't constantly tell them that they're amazing, they'll just grade stretch and inflate points and maybe prevent rating loss below a certain rating

all of it is pointless when they won't address the game's real issues, and they don't get that the casuals are mostly only interested in watching the pros play and don't care about actually playing the game much

this is fairly accurate, TrueSkill wouldn't be as terrible as it is now if there were enough people around your rank playing

If you're G13 and so is everyone else in the match, the point gain/loss is fine. it only breaks down when that is rarely the case or if the playerbase psychologically feels like gains are too slow, i.e. winning for an entire day and only gaining 50 rating, or 10% of what you'd need to have it reflect that you achieved something

As it stands it's just terrible because the playerbase can't support trueskill and the gaps between grades are fucking miles apart given what the point rewards are

please don't waste your surveys talking about matchmaking and 3v3 or 2v2 focus or whatever

use it to tell them how bored you are with champion kits. tell them how every character having a counter or consume is hurting the game and ruining the individuality of characters. tell them how the blandness of ability designs means that the outplay potential doesn't exist at higher levels when it should, and that all they have done is lower the skill ceiling by far far too much.

people are bargaining for what they can get at this point

lol if you think they'll add a full additional ability and/or rework all the existing abilities this late in development and this close to f2p

>grade 12 playing against grade 8's and 9's

wow. i thought the game being dead was a meme

if you try 2s or 3s as a full party of g13s you flat out break matchmaking

i haven't seen placement players in a long time, but i have seen G10s pretty regularly after the game says fuck it and gives up

i don't think they will at all, but if a significant amount of people ask for it (and people in the secret club already have before) then they'll have to consider it.

even a slightly reworked champion every patch is worth it in the long run (ashka loses Pure Fire in exchange for Fire Beam back on ex M2, varesh shield moves to R and regains old Waji/Woje spells on space, rook counter replaced with Stone Shield)

you know, changes to 1 or 2 abilities that give them more uniqueness and variety in playstyle

>rook counter replaced with Stone Shield

Yes please, I miss that glorious shield.

I've been wondering, is there a reason why they decided to avoid continuous área damage suck as the old glutton E?

Those are not Hard to use and are fun too.

honestly just want to queue dodge every game i get a ruh kaan against a healer and a good melee dps

really glad you're allowed to get queued without one while i get no cc worthless fucks every game

there are multiple moves that do that?

Let's say that matchmaking and samey characters get dealt with.

Make one change to the gameplay to improve it.

That are not ultimates? I can only think of the igniter's R.

because when hit boxes are so large and when movement speed is so slow that you can only dodge with movement abilities, sustained aoe damage becomes OP

see: jumong r

also it probably doesn't fall into the design philosophy of making every char the same