/acg/ - Animal Crossing General

#1173 - "For 27 bucks you can have every card and doll" Edition

>The Basics
ACNL Basics Guide - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/
AC Wiki - animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Animal_Crossing_Wiki
Nookipedia - nookipedia.com
The "pthhhpth" pastebin (FAQ) - pastebin.com/jU4CeWhu
Brand New Catch - animalcrossing.us/animal-crossing-new-leaf-brand-new-catch-november/

>Furniture & Collectibles
Item database - moridb.com/
Item image gallery - animalcrossingnl.mooo.com
Museum Checklist - mediafire.com/download/0p18zy41jkxsy8a/ACNL_Fossil_&_Art_Checklist_RC2.xlsx

>Customization Guide
Image/Pattern Converter - thulinma.com/acnl/
All Furniture Customizations - customnewleaf.tumblr.com/
Image2QR code - mediafire.com/download/d0g3vj88g0gk1pf/Version 0.4.zip
Pro Designs Android App - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nefastudio.android.dmoridesigner
QR Paths - pathmagic.tumblr.com acnlpaths.tumblr.com/ acpath.tumblr.com

>Happy Home Designer
All villagers & items - happyhomedesigner.wikia.com
FAQ - pastebin.com/f8pnU0wr
Amiibo Cards - nintendo.co.jp/3ds/edhj/amiibocard/index.html

>How to play ACNL online with /acg/
People need to add each other's FCs in order to visit faraway towns.
Put your name and FC in the name field to save time.

>Villager Birthdays
15th - Sly
16th - Daisy
17th - Mallary
18th - Tia

>Events
Mushroom season (November)
Harvest furniture (November)
19th - Fishing Tourney

>Misc.
Town tune list - newleaftunes.tumblr.com/tunes
Neighbor move in/Camper Reset trick - i.imgur.com/meQutqI.png
What is the void? - pastebin.com/9KPbdnSY
Preventing moveouts - pastebin.com/avaKnPPc
Welcome Amiibo FAQ - pastebin.com/aAbMZwmM
ACNL OST - pastebin.com/bPyY03LK
Upload to Imgur via 3DS browser - webrender.net/imgur/
Dream codes - pastebin.com/PCmJZ5WA

First for Animal Crossing Fighting Game

Are n2s that cheap nowadays? I kinda wanted to get one for some stupid custom bullshit.

Yes. lt makes no sense some of these peopIe are paying 50+ for a doII or 20-30 for a pointIess card when a reader / writer pays for itseIf immediateIy.

Some people like having stuff physically,

Because they like the dolls and cards, obviously. I'm still gonna buy nice cards/figures even if I get one of these, user.

Like a waIIet fuII of money that wasn't wasted?

All money is objectively worthless because humanity will die one day and we will leave no permanent mark on anything because our worthless existence is a meaningless blip on the totality of the universe.

Some people appreciate having money more than material things, some people don't care altogether. There's many types of people that exist in this world with different views about how they like to use or not use their earnings.

Also, I've got a petition to fill out, anyone wanna help out?

The OP fucked up this thread.

Ignore it.

Do you beIieve in spending over 100 bucks on a doII that originaIIy cost 7.99?

Or 40 bucks on a singIe card from a non coIIectibIe card game, that comes from an entire PACK of cards that is onIy 2.99?

lsn't it a bit stupid to waste money in these ways? Money we work so hard for? WouIdn't it be better spent on experiences or things that make memories for the rest of our Iives?

You can easily find every amiibo, including cards, for at or under MSRP. Retard.

Why wouId they be seIIing at such high prices on auction sites if it's that easy then? Prices as recent as this week by the way.

You're not making any sense.

Because people are retarded? people buy shit for inflated prices all the time. Look at the NES Classic, the item that's gonna be restocked to hell and high water like a motherfucker, and scalpers trying to flip them for hundreds. Look at the smash GC adapters, look at amiibo, look at all this shit.

People overpay for shit all the time. People are stupid.

Some people can be happy by buying such things. I collect toys myself, so some of the stuff I have was originally a lot cheaper then it is now. It's just a small thing that keeps me slightly happy for a little while. Money can't exactly buy experiences or memories, and it especially can't do that as easily as I can go online and get a toy or a card or something.

The N E S CIassic is sociaI media faggot shit everyone is buying trying to be "oIdschooI" even though the shittiest Iaptop from the past 20 years can emuIate those games.

OfficiaI GC adapters have a decent use, but not just buying a (better buiIt) third party one for onIy a few bucks is just the buyer being a fucking moron.

>buying these stupid 8 doIIar doIIs
>Ever

But if you have to buy them, what the fuck is the purpose for more than face vaIue? Why not get a reaI articuIated figure for around the same price, or even just a bit more for an infiniteIy superior figure?

>Because it can scan!

The OP product eIiminates the use entireIy.

On the originaI point, if it were that easy to find these things so cheap, autistic faggots wouIdn't be Iining up outside of my Target at 11pm the day before, waiting 8 hours for Marth, GoId Mario, Peach or whatever the fuck happened where "excIusive" doIIs were being soId (seriousIy, these faggots were in tents waiting to buy out the entire stock and my IocaI store onIy had fucking 6 of each type)

Just took a Iook and they aren't anywhere but the auction prices are stupid fucking high. lt's a waste of Iife working to pay for these dumb ass doIIs and you need to be over 18 to post here.

>tfw men over 18 are pIaying with these doIIs

>dolls
>dolls
>dolls

People like to own official products and just physical objects in general. There's nothing you can do about that no matter how much you try to demean others for buying things they like that you happen to not like. And yes, you need to be over 18 to post here, so why are you posting here? A part of being an adult is accepting that different people with different hobbies and values exist and that your viewpoint isn't always going to be the correct one. Grow up.

OK, find me a real, articulated figure of Tom Nook or Shovel Knight or the Squid Sisters faggot.

>you need to be over 18 to post here, so why are you posting here? A part of being an adult is accepting that

Age is age regardIess, cut the "deeper meaning" buIIshit. lf it wasn't just age, then you, someone defending grown men pIaying with doIIs, wouIdn't be seen as anything other than a chiId.

Also, >anecdotal evidence from 6+ months ago is accurate to now
The amiibo shortages are over, you can get almost all of them on amazon for MSRP or lower. AC figures are significantly cheaper, actually.

>Squid Sisters

>Some shitty fucking Wii kids game for retards who can't handIe pIaying Counter Strike

l don't Iike those types of games, but if you're going to pIay them, at Ieast pIay the reaI thing rather than some Nintengimmick. Then again, they're catering to faggot NEETs who refuse age past 12, so no wonder you Iike it.

Oh ok, so you are just retarded. Good to know. Enjoy your mature games for mature gamers like yourself, you internet badass. I wish I were as manly as you.

>l don't Iike those types of games
>Enjoy your mature games for mature gamers like yourself

And you're caIIing other peopIe retarded?

Literally only ever heard of Tom Nook and that's only from playing this game.

What the fuck series are the other two from? Some obscure indie shit?

Oh, just some bored shitposter then, alright, no point in trying to have a reasonable discussion with a baby.

who else /makingafortunesellingextraamiibocards/??

Did it a few months ago when Marth peaked after they announced he would give extra features to a few games. After Gold and Silver Mario it got too crazy with every place being sold out immediately and wasn't worth it.

Are the Marshal cards really going for 50 or was that just an estimate in the last few threads?

lt's aIright user, something teIIs me we'II do just fine without you just Iike your famiIy does

Nah most Marshalls sell for $25-29 and sometimes $30-33, but a few sell for $40 for who knows why. Guess it just depends on how many are up at the time of selling.

Did they go up recently? I just sold some about five days ago for about 26 each.

>tfw bought 8 packs at bogo 50 off for
>Get 2 Squirrels and an Egypt Cat

Why would anyone pay so much for these things when you can just save edit characters in?

This thread explains why. I would call the people wanting the physical cards retards, but the reason why I have these extras are because I wanted to complete the sets. Either way, I'm pretty much breaking even after completing all 4 series.

What do you do once you're done spending all this money and the set is complete?

What's the point of having a complete set like the other thousands of kids who have complete sets? Is this like Magic Gathering or something or just tapping against the game?

>What do you do once you're done spending all this money and the set is complete?
I sell any extras I have.

>What's the point of having a complete set like the other thousands of kids who have complete sets?
For my own amusement I guess. You could in theory say the same about someone completing the museum in AC, except they're not the ones spending money for shit. The human mind is a weird thing, I tell ya, as I know it's retarded to collect these things, but for some reason it's satisfying to. It's the only thing I collect, too, so I don't know what the fuck triggered in my brain to say, "this is okay", but it hasn't hurt me financially and is fun, so I'll keep doing it.

>Is this like Magic Gathering or something or just tapping against the game?
I don't know what you mean by this tbqhwy senpai.

At least you can sell the extra ones.

It just seems pointless since everyone will have the same set and it's not like they can be used for anything like a series in a card game like Magic or something.

And meant Magic, as in playing a card game or can you just tap it against the game to get a new character, item, etc?

>or can you just tap it against the game to get a new character, item, etc?
This, which is why some cards sell for a lot more than others.

>tfw spoiled by Marco's editor

Playing worry free is the only way to play now, the ultimate comfy.

Why not just get a cheap second system to use RX tooIs and save edit? A used system around here is Iike 60 bucks.

It's like people hear something in one ear, and then it comes out the other.

I like collecting these things, user. The content didn't even matter for me, as I've been collecting these since series 1's release.

Same. I got laid off right as series 4 came out, so I couldn't buy the usual box I'd get. I just completed 2 and 3 and I've had 1 finished forever.

I missed out on the ereader cards, didn't want to miss out on these.

I've also got a few of the really old gamecube toy sets with the miniature villagers and houses and stuff. Damn things are expensive as hell.

What makes these more fun to collect than other game series? It doesn't even have a common, uncommon, rare, super rare, 1st edition, etc variants.

It's just a straight forward money grab. What's the appeal?

For me, the above was the appeal in other card games. Gave them up though since most games have become garbage or obviously gave up on challenging the players and just bank on the rarest cards coming and going as fast as possible to keep autists coming back monthly.

Everything that is collectible is a straight up money-grab. People want these things, so businesses or companies create and sell them to the people that want them. Ereader cards don't have any rarity variants either, and yet they sell for a nice amount nowadays.

>I got laid off right as series 4 came out, so I couldn't buy the usual box I'd get
>usual box
Fucking what? A box of kid's play card packs? Do people know you do this?

What job laid you off and why? Are you sure you didn't get fired?

How do you feel about people buying magic the gathering cards, or yu-gi-oh cards, or even baseball cards?
I'd just buy a box and sell/trade the extras. Do you still have trouble realizing that people have hobbies that may not appeal to you or is this another sad trolling attempt?

Any body got apples? Cheri wants one. I can give 10k for 2 apples. normal ones please. I do have villagers in my void however

Forgot to say my fc is 1049-0960-6400

I've got apples, I can bring a few over. I need to visit for initiates anyways. Mind opening your gate after you add me?

Sure! opening now

>How do you feel about people buying magic the gathering cards, or yu-gi-oh cards, or even baseball cards?

Never got the first two, but have gotten baseball cards. Always made a decent profit off of each box purchased though.

Sports outcomes and athletic skill aren't controlled by some anime faggots setting rarities to rip kids off with fake competitive restrictions via ban list cycles.

You're comparing cards with no rarity levels, no competitive aspects, and no athletic affiliations.

You're not making any sense.

Sorry didnt mean to kick you , you can come back

They're all collectibles, people collect them, and they're all cards. People of all ages from each of the ones I've listed buy cards or collect them, I know from first hand experience. What I'm saying makes complete sense.

Sorry about the disconnect, I seem to get buggy when I visit another player's town, wanna open again?

Thanks! I thought i acidently kicked you by flipping the internet switch. Glad to know that wasnt the case

>They're all collectibles, people collect them, and they're all cards

l'm not sure it's possibIe to be any more generic when trying to find things in common.

>People of all ages from each of the ones I've listed buy cards or collect them

That's because they can compete with them, or sucker autists into buying "premium" rarity cards for their decks. You're not going to pull a villager card in the most recent series worth 100 bucks. In those other games you listed, you can pull a card worth 50-100 bucks easily and drop it on some attention-whoring Jew in just a few hours. The cards you're buying are absolutely pointless in the comparison you have made.

>What I'm saying makes complete sense.
Oh ok.

>trying to find things in common with different sets of trading cards
>they're literally all trading cards
>the cards you buy aren't instantly worth money, so therefore it's pointless to collect or
trade for them!

Do you...Do you not understand hobbies? Like, do you need a definition straight from the dictionary? Does it really need to be spelled out for you that people collect things they enjoy regardless of how much profit they can potentially make off of whatever they're collecting?

And you know, you're saying I don't make sense, but what really doesn't make sense is someone coming into the animal crossing general, someone who ALREADY collects cards, trying to shit on other people for collecting another type of collectible cards simply because they aren't the kind you prefer, even though the amiibo cards have something to do with the game and the general discussion thread you're currently shitposting in.

If you've got such a problem with amiibo cards man, or just people with different hobbies in general, then maybe you should go somewhere else? This doesn't seem like the thread, board, or even website for you.

>Do you...Do you
>Like,

Why are you typing like a schooI girI?

>someone coming into the animal crossing general, someone who ALREADY collects cards

l don't coIIect any type of cards. l have purchased basebaII card boxes before just to gain profit from them, but haven't heId onto any or bought any more after those 7-8 boxes.

>This doesn't seem like the thread, board, or even website for you.

When did this board become an "autistic hoarder of worthIess objects" board?

When has this site ever just been about coIIecting incredibIy pointIess anime cardboards?

Again, you're drifting off into nonsense and not making any sense at aII.

Oh, okay, so you just don't understand hobbies and instead are going to ad hominem all day while probably making up shit about baseball cards of all things to justify your shitposting, alright man, it's cool. Feel free to talk about animal crossing at some point.

>making up shit about baseball cards of all things

You're the one who brought up basebaII cards, user:

>How do you feel about people buying magic the gathering cards, or yu-gi-oh cards, or even baseball cards?
>baseball cards?

>are going to ad hominem all day
Nice buzz wording, except you're not using the term correctIy in the current context. You're making it too obvious you're trying to stray away from the fact that you haven't made a singIe Iine of sense this entire time.

You've onIy gotten frustrated that you can't put together a paragraph that isn't compIete nonsense, and your responses are aII over the pIace. You obviousIy have no idea what you're doing, both with typing and your finances.

Now now lets stop arguing. This is a Comfy game. Post your favorite fanart of your favorite villager!