/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Read the OP before asking your questions. No, your 11.0+ 3DS isn't hackable by itself yet.

Previous Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users.
-New exploits that allow to downgrade from 11.1 are going to be released soon. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
-You can downgrade from 11.0, 11.1 and 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. Check Plailect's guide.

>Wii U
-Preview version of hexFW released.
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/
-You can run games from USB without IOSU.

>Vita
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/
-Rumor from a reputable warez group that hacks are coming soon. wololo.net/2016/11/02/ps4-xbox-one-hacks-trsi-announces-warez-getting-close/

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/3o5d3m/what_is_the_easiest_way_to_move_my_sysnand_and/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for telling retards to read the op and stop asking dumb questions

first for asking "ps4 piracy when ?"

How come my 3ds won't boot sometimes? Using a9lh and latest Luma.

I have to boot into decrypt9 and then exit to get into my home screen

any time you feel like putting something vita related as the op image

well, the image does not contain any game, so it is related to the vita

is my 11.0 3ds hackable by its self yet

when is the ps3 shit going to have working instructions in english?

you're right, that image perfectly suits the 3DS

kek
not yet

Ports and visual novels don't count as games for a system vitafag.

3DS :thinking:

jesus, get the fuck out normie faggot

>there are people in this grand age of free games who are not idorts
Vacate this general immediately.

I just called Nintendo and recovered my old NNID with about 70 titles on it. How long will it take until I have my account back? They said one or two days but I'm guessing one of ya'll has experience when this.

you don't tell us where do you live, it is all depend on the country

>I'm guessing one of you in piracy general has experience with buying games

How long must I wait?

mid to late december maybe

In the US, sorry.
In guessing almost everyone here has been a buyfag at one time.

>mfw this kill the latefags who want a taste of pirated pokemon aka /vp/ user

What makes you say that?

>I have things and other people don't, this pleases me greatly!
What a wonderful person you must be.

>hurr durr hahahaha btfo latefag
I hacked all my shit back in February, you're just an asshole.

So I finish the hacking process from the github website. Am I fully done? If I want to pirate games, all I need to do is download the .cia files and use FBI to install them?

Why so defensive over your children's plastic?

Yeah, and/or install Freeshop and use that.

it's been talked about in pretty much every previous thread not gonna bother

Just now checking out the pokemon castle thing in sun/moon

Am I supposed to get this many people initially on the first visit? Either it's just part of the tutorial, or there's people all over my campus pirating the game too kek

>trying to emoji on Veeky Forums like a retard and get called out
>why so mean user

fucker like you are what ruining these generals

I don't know. I don't own a Vita.

"Trying" :ok_hand:

Not really.

most of them are just npcs, I've been offline the whole time and I get a lot each time

My plaza is full too, noway they're not just dummies that Gamefreak created, there's a lot of them

Just updated my 3ds from using an emunand hack to a9lh using the guide. It seemed to only let me restore from either emunand or sysnand and not a merge of the two, so I went for sysnand since I had more games/saves on it.
But was there a way to merge the emunand stuff that I just missed? Alternatively is there an easy way to find/transfer my emunand game saves through one of my backups?

How would I know?

that what i thought at first then i inspect them a bit more closely, and only a couple of them are actually real people
a lot of them have name, answer and stuff that just related to pokemon promotion

Don't blow a gasket, user.
And "why so mean" from where? Do you eat where you shit?

You can install Vitamin dumps with Mei can you not? Read the guide in the OP but I'm getting "Cannot install folder(path to folder)" I have the vpk in a folder named it's titleID. Have tried with two different games.

haha :eyes:

no

I asked a question on one of the last threads, but never got back to see if anyone answers, so sorry if anyone did, but I'll ask again

What do I do with a 3ds with a broken motherboard? Is it worth holding onto? Right now I can't get it repaired and will buy a new one, but are there any online based repair shops that I could maybe send it to at some point in attempt to salvage the system rather than just pitching it? Or is it not worth holding onto?

Thanks, also do I need to change the region to play out of region games?

Nah, just sell it on eBay as faulty. I got $50 for one.

Nope, region free is a native feature.

What unholy fuckery is this.

:poultry_leg:

So I'm trying to move my emuNAND to a new SD card (8GB to 16GB) and need some help.

I'm currently on Mac OS X (I know...) without any access to Microsoft/Linux/Bootcamp, etc.

I found this guide gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/ which is pretty solid but doesn't really apply for Mac. As I said, I can't do a Bootcamp/virtual machine right now and Wine doesn't run the .exe files correctly. I found another thread on Reddit reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/3o5d3m/what_is_the_easiest_way_to_move_my_sysnand_and/ where some gent perfectly explains how to create a perfect image of the old SD card (which Disk Utility doesn't do perfectly). I've put my new 16GB SD into my 3DS and it runs perfectly btw, so I know the image worked.

However, my problem lies with partitioning. The new Disk Utility for El Capitan+ is awful and I've tried multiple times to get an older version of it (Yosemite and below) but again, it won't work. My SD card uses FAT and Mac seems to not like that and won't let me partition the size of my new SD. The end of that Reddit thread ends with my exact problem, but the guy offered a suggestion that just doesn't work.

So, I come to you... Is there ANY way I can partition this fucking SD card for more space... or am I doomed and just need to go to an internet cafe/library to use Windows for that EaseUS program linked in the gbatemp thread?

Thanks in advance. Sorry, I know I'm a chump.

discord emojis

Is there any reliable way to bypass the PS4 system update? i want to keep it on 3.55 for a eventual exploit, but it wants me to update so it can check for my game licenses.

>2016
>emunand
:gun:

Do you have an android phone?
Probably shouldn't bother to ask, I mean you are using mac for christ sake.

I do not.

Damn, that's pretty enticing now that I've gotta buy a new one

get with the times

Can anyone go online on Pokemon Moon? I don't know if the servers are actually under maintenance or if I'm banned.

get off my lawn :knife:

nope, you're fucked :^)

/hbg/ please help

How do I install DLC on the vita? And can I install EU/Asia DLC on a US game?

maybe

I don't even know where the online functions are located. I've played 15 hours now and haven't encountered a button or anything with it.

no games xd

rip

Festival Plaza

>Festival Plaza
Ahhh, didn't expect that, thought that was only streetpass stuff and mini-games or something like that.

The current S/M dump is shit and badly compiled so if you try to go online, your 3DS will release mustard gas.

Nah, I don't know, justin fuckin with ya

Read the OP.

>Nintendo lets you go online with a game that isn't even released yet
How the fuck does this happen.

I've been playing online since it leaked, though, it just decided to fuck up today.

anyone?

I just tried for the first time and it also said mainentance, so they either banned everyone or it's actually offline.

Reviewers have to test online play.

3.55 ps4
are you assuming it'll get jailbroken like the ps3? I think 3.55 was the ps3's jb what if it happens on a newer firm though? or never ever.

Oh, that's good. Thanks.

Is there a CIA for the new Pokemans editor?

I wanna edit Gen 7 mons now.

No, but you can use PKHeX on your PC.

Not him but I have a9lh and emunand. I use sysnand as a virtual console basically that, and I'm too lazy to merge the two together since I'm getting another 3ds. There's no real problem outside of preference with emunand + a9lh though user, it allows for 600 titles to be installed rather than just 300 if you hoard obsessively I guess too.

They can't just ban anyone going online with it early. Some of them could have gotten a real copy early.

do I just export my save with JKSM?

What do I use to dump my save again?

Yep. I've been using it all day just fine.

I could really use some help. i'm trying to get homebrew on my 3ds to downgrade and get a9lh.
My old3ds is 10.7 and i don't have any of the games so browserhax and menuhax is all that's left. But i can't get browserhax due to permanent update nag when browser is opened. Can i not get menuhax installed without browser? is menuhax my only option? Am i fucked for now?

I am not a expert or anything, but some time ago a guy here said that the Ps4 JB was near, there's also the chinese demonstration, and if i remember correctly, the Henkaku payload worked on 3.55 ps4, so yeah, it's "close", just gotta wait.
Although, there seems to be a exploit on 4.0 too, and you can update to specific versions, so staying on the lowest possible seems like the smartest idea.

The fucking nub on my N3DS doesn't go down all the way. Up, left, and right can go the full distance, but down gets maybe 60-75% of the way before giving up.

Any way I can fix this? There doesn't seem to be a calibration tool in the 3DS menu and the one I did find (in KH3D I think) didn't fix anything.

Was thinking of buying a Vita, two questions:

With the latest exploits can it play PS1 games yet?

I remember ages back being linked to a trusted ebay seller that sold Vitas by their firmware. Anyone know who he is?

why is ftp on n3ds so slow? 50mins to transfer a 3.8gb file too much.

What methods can i use to make it faster?

3DS has a limit on transfer/download speeds.
Could be your internet connection though.
If your internet is good it's the former.

Sun and Moon leak where?

I have 16 hours of flying tomorrow and I'd really like to play it.

I always had an issue with pushing mine downwards too. It's kind of a weird fix, what I did, and it was so that it was more responsive in general, but I pulled the nub off of mine and replaced it with a psp joystick (cap). Works great actually. Till my motherboard took a shit

>a guy here said that the Ps4 JB was near
Pixelbutts was talking about something maybe in development, but no confirmation either way.
>the Henkaku payload worked on 3.55 ps4
Not exactly. The webkit exploit worked, and it'd work on anything that uses webkit. It's just one tiny step towards a full system exploit.

No, not yet, but it's in the works. Keep an eye on twitter.com/TheFlow0
No idea.

3DS has poor wifi connection. For larger files you're probably better off just unscrewing the back and transferring physically. Or you could try the microSD management app, might give you better speeds.

Thanks.

it wouldnt be due to internet since its only local ion this case. i still think 50mins for 4Gb is stupidly slow, though now that i think about it its actually about right

Okay, without the shitposting this time.

So first I downgrade to, 10.4.0, then down to 9.2.0, then to 2.1.0?
Once the hacks are done, I upgrade back to 11.2?

>3.63 NEVER EVER

Assuming you do it today and not a later date where 11.2 isn't the latest firmware

>Once the hacks are done, I upgrade back to 11.2?
No, you restore a 9.2 backup and then you update.

Im thinking about writing an emulator for the 3ds, however its an x86 architechture and it would be emulating a cpu with a 443 MHz cycle (a celeron). Obviously its only going to run on the n3ds, but do you think its even possible? Is there a better palce to ask this?

Dragonball Fusions leak when

it comes out on the 22nd, but I need my fix now

A general about emulation :thinking:

You want the full feature set of a celeron emulated on the 3ds? Never ever.

Link to the newest PKHeX?

I googled and its showing PKHex for Gen 1-6