/bbg/ ─ Bloodborne General

Stuck in the old thread on a night of the hunt? You poor, poor thing >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

>Google Document for all the above, but easier to read.
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wBbfiB0JSeI
youtube.com/watch?v=dMxDASE7yIE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Remove Hunters

Gas the Beasts

Destroy all Kin

AHH

>Remove Hunters
>Gas the Beasts
>Destroy all Kin
>The real cancer is still around, but with less enemies

Is The Old Hunters on sale? I heard people were able to get it for like $9/$10???

That's one weird Amygdala.

How much insight do you have?
>0 Insight
Just a bird
>1 Insight
A falcon with eyes
>30 insight
You see the baby bird
>60 insight
You see the face
>99 insight
You see the demon riding the falcons wings.

Oops, didn't realize when I posted we had migrated.

Mind giving me some advice old chaps? I'm an edgeblades/claws/stakedriver kind of guy and would appreciate some input and anecdotes on those builds I mentioned.

>Rifle Spear Build

40-50 SKL and 25-35 BLT. END/VIT are up to you.

Abuse the shotgun. If you put good gems in it, it's strong as fuck.

Can anyone please help with Chalice Rom?

pass is bbg

I replied to you in last thread tell me what you think in this one plz.

lol what chalice?

Every weapon that doesn't have split damage/bloodtinge scaling can be good with full elemental gems.
You can also use Logarius' Wheel and Holy Moonlight Sword with nourishing gems (those weapons are for 50arc, 25str), Tonitrus with bolt gems and Kos' Parasite with arcane gems.

>only 60 insight

I need more eyes.

>being this new

Lower Ptumuru layer 3

The only non-root chalice with Rom in it. If I was farming Radial Nourishiings in an FRC I would have said so.

Anyone care to do a run with me through Cainhurst?

Ringing at the first lamp, pw is RATHALOS

if you join and I'm not moving don't freak out, I'm just busy watching another screen while I wait for people

I just never co-op for chalice before I killed rom alone but fine be a cunt.

Ludwig kicked my ass. I also didn't even know there was another lamp by the 2 big guys so I was running all the way from that other one.

>tfw you fell for the wheel, HMS and claw meme

Strength build is a MISTAKE. The only saving grace is the Wheel Dash memespam.

Holy moly lads that was fierce! Thank you for the help Alfred and Segalt!

Always happy to help. If you need help with more of old hunters give us a shout

It was good fun, lads. Glad to be a part of it

Cumming for you

HMS and Wheel are both STR/ARC weapons, Claws are a quality weapon.

If you actually use Str weapons then it's one of the most powerful build's in the game. Whitligig, Beast Cutter, Kirkhammer

Im ringing but no summon

Coming to Cainurst on my third playthrough I JUST noticed this:

>The horses that were pulling your carriage are dead on the ground

how far away IS Cainhurst?

>Kirkhammer

I might take a run through the Research Hall in a minute, but I have to get past the two church gals first, would you be up for it?

Is anyone coming?

Twin Shards and shitty 7% Nourishing gems await!

You do know the little house you fight the Witches in is the basement of Cainhurst right?

Hey, our general is finally as desolate and depressing as the game itself!

It's not. The horses were magic.

That's just fucking factually wrong. But you CAN see the "Witch's Abode" from Cainhurst, and it's really quite far away.

> You do know the little house you fight the Witches in is the basement of Cainhurst right?

Uh....

Count me in. ill be ringing in the hallway in a min

God damn it alfred wtf was that?

You coming back?

Bless you, my friend

The Church guy and gunner are still here

Is Boom Hammer a meme or does it actually do damage? I only have so many chunks to waste before I start farming FRC

He smashed and pounded and grounded

I'm kain The Beast

Give it a shot a few more times. I will join later if you still havent killed her after I take a shit and shower.

I've never gone korean on gems before, I'm guessing you mean get all BLT gems?

I said that I followed a very old version of that image that was used as the OP and posted inthread back when the dude made it and was posting his picture all the time. He was a chill guy and I'll miss him.

As I said in my reply in the last thread (sorry), I'm looking for nonconventional arcane weapons so more of what make s a good or bad arcane weapon.

I assumed that any weapon you could get the gems slots for (uncanny/etc) could be an arcane weapon but I think someone corrected me on that a long time ago.

Someone will always be an ass about something.

So if I get you, you're saying that most weapons are either Phys/BLT or Phys/arc and any of the latter can be good with arc.

What's so bad about Kirkhammer? I've loved it since launch. That feeling of smashing a boss's face in man.

It does big damage on str builds with blunt gems, but it's very awkward to use.

The Kirkhammer isn't "bad," it's just inferior to Ludwig's in nearly every way.

Said id give user a hand at research hall then ill be back for logarius if you need

>I'm guessing you mean get all BLT gems?
No no no. Just regular ol' 27% Physicals. This video is me. I did this with something like 25 BLT and 25 SKL at BL80

youtube.com/watch?v=wBbfiB0JSeI

It's probably insane with BLT gems, but then you're stuck with nothing but a big twohanded gun. The spear functionality is good.

>using that stupid burned hunter set with the stupid collars that literally clips through every hair style

Do I even wanna watch the rest of this?

>and any of the latter can be good with arc
Nope, only the ones I mentioned.
Blade of Mercy, Amygdalan Arm and Burial Blade have innate arcane scaling, but it's so low that even appropriate gems can't make it good. The fact that they're split damage also means that you can't convert them entirely.
So, weapons to use:
Weapons that don't have split damage at all (like Threaded Cane, or Church Pick)
Wheel
Moonlight
Parasite
Tonitrus
Flame Sprayer and Rosmarinus

Weapons that you should avoid like plague:
Blade of Mercy
Burial Blade
Amy Arm
Boom Hammer
Any blt/half gun weapon

when you guys co op, do you use mic/party chat or just play?

>not liking the burned hunter set

Do you want to fucking fight m8

Why would you voice chat?

He's blad and it doesn't clip with Tomb Prospector. How the fuck else am I supposed to dress my Powder Keg?

And yes you want to watch it. It's god tier RNG on Ebrietas' behavior like you wouldn't believe and there's even a tricky moment when I barely escape harm and manage a charged R2 that triggers a visceral.

>he just watched as I was eaten alive by a gargoyle

You truly are a beast.

lots of people do it? its nice to talk to someone while co op. idk. it just seems bloodborne is unique in that no one chats.

Sorry Rathalos Gargolye cant be killed while he grabs you I'd like to help more but gotta go to the gym before it gets too late.

>it just seems bloodborne is unique

Have you played any Souls game or gamed before the year 2001?

Bloodborne doesn't have in-game chat.

Dark Souls games have in-game chat.

Kills the mood, imo. Bloodborne is all about atmosphere, it's hard to get immersed when some fat nerd is talking into your ear the whole time

Can you even talk in BB without using 3rd party party software?

>All these noob posts

I don't how to feel about this.

You can still voice chat with people in Bloodborne by making a group on PSN.
They often add me to the chat when they summon me, they're either chinese or americans.

>this new generation of kids is all about social networking and voice chat

Time is a cruel mistress

with the pro and all the new holiday christmas presents and black friday deals, there will be a huge influx on new players. and with the game for so cheap these days along with old hunters going on sale for first time ever in usa, it just amplifies it.

Every non-shitpost is a good post.

I cant wait till fucking gems. I need to dick around with something now.

Fuck this I'm upgrading this Uncanny Saw Cleaver then. Fuck you Miyazaki.

It's the sale.

This

You can find actual newbies in co-op and pvp now.

>tfw wrecking people at Cainhurst on my Chikage guy
LEAVE MY QUEEN ALONE. FILTHY EXECUTIONERS.

is there any physical version that includes the dlc and the latest patch??

How much endurance should I have to use the boom hammer effectively?

VILEBLOOD SCUM

20 or less

Most of these noob posts probably qualify as shitposts.

Yeah but I've always had a thing against huge swords in souls games.

Back when DeS was new I saw some pretty revealing shit that you can't stop seeing later on throughout the series so now whenever I see someone who mains Ludwig's or any fuckhuge sword I look at them like they're carrying the Drake sword.

Writing it down as we speak. Holy fuck that fight is fucking awesome. You should have set it to this:
youtube.com/watch?v=dMxDASE7yIE

Ok, so I'm guessing Kirkhammer and claws fall in ok weapons but stake driver is a no?

Thanks for helping a tard.

I used to help people run the chalices if they were too spoopy for them, or they were just bored of running alone, and when we did that while party chatting since it could take a long time sometimes.

Truly. I have kids almost as old as some of them who are shit talking me in other games. Even the ones who are productive or polite it's hard to explain that after taking care of your kids all day you just don't feel like playing with a bunch of kids.

I need to talk to an adult god damnit.

>tfw ganked by 10 screaming women in Cainhurst

how low would you go? I'm trying to min max this while min maxing my effort because otherwise I get too autistic.

What did she mean by this?

>I need to talk to an adult god damnit.
>has petty prejudices against something as trivial as weapon choices
Nigga you still need to grow up.

It depends. What BL do you want to stop at?

Ill give you a hand once I'm done here

whats the meta? like 90? seems appropriate.

Hunters collect Blood Echos by revering their fallen.

That your a Hunter implies that you have good blood; better for her to use to embolden her sickly spirit.

Though why that matters to her considering that she can no longer dream is anyone's guess.

Also
>attacking best character

It used to be 98, but no one stops there anymore.

>Ok, so I'm guessing Kirkhammer and claws fall in ok weapons but stake driver is a no?
Kirkhammer is a yes, Stake Driver is also a yes since its damage is purely physical.
Beast Claw can be an arcane weapon, but beasthood only affects physical attacks, so it will be pretty shit with elemental gems.

The meta for /bbg/ is 90-117, but 98 is the preferred level.
Outside of /bbg/ most people go 120, some even 150.
If you want to stop at 98 or lower 15 end is enough with end runes.

Do not stop at 98, it's a meme.

Go anywhere between 108~120 if you'd like. But I recommend stopping at 117.

lol, i'd love to see how everyone landed on specifically 98. If I'm playing pvp it'd be with you guys, I'm sort of doubtful there are many rando's who play co-op anymore anyway. I did love helping with bosses though.

>new players

Oh no

why 117? does it keep you in some kind of bracket for invasions?

>i'd love to see how everyone landed on specifically 98
It's a strategic level that /bbg/ chose to avoid bl.150 players.
150 is the Reddit number.

>not experiencing all the possibilities and events

98 avoids 150

>I'm sort of doubtful there are many rando's who play co-op anymore anyway
Random co-op is very much alive.

>i'd love to see how everyone landed on specifically 98
Part calculated griefing, part mathematical happenstance. Take a builds, give it 50 Vit and 50 in a scaling stat, and it approaches BL98.

Game of the Year Edition does

Yeah -- it's the highest BL that can invade 98.

Ringing for Logarius

pw is RATHALOS

98 allows you to play with 80s and also cannot be invaded by 120's and can't even invade 150s.

117 allows full connections with 98's while being significantly higher level. But you end up pvping with 150 shitters if you go to Mensis. Also coop options are more limited.

All of my characters are done leveling before 90

Wrong. 117 lets you co op with as low as 74.

Level 98 let's you play with 60's, which is whatever I guess if you really want to pug coop at Cainhurst that much.

Sorry friend, perhaps I wasn't clear. It isn't a prejudice, it's stereotyping.

When I see a dude with a huge shield and spear, I think turtle. When I see a dude with a fuckhuge sword, I think he wants to smash things with a big rock. But the secondary part is I think he may be afraid of combat where you trade blows and dodges, learn enemy moves, etc, so he probably is defensive until an enemy is stuck in recovery, then just smashes his hunk of metal on him and hopes he's dead so the fight is over.

It always seemed like a fear thing because I helped so many people in Tower of Latria and if they couldn't smash the flayers with one hit they died, and often times they died running at them. Dex/agility based players maybe died as much while learning but not as easy since their plan required them to be mobile and expect to dodge blows.

That said, you didn't try to understand what I was saying, you either:
>A: Sought the worst in my post so you could shitpost in reply for no other reason than to post
>B: Are being defensive because you're a claymore/zwei guy to whom I'm not offending

So I'd have to find the appropriate version of those weapons and then gem them.

Sweet. Now I just have to start learning/remembering/memorizing how gems work and fit together.

Yeah I'm not reading all that.