/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 16th:
1272 – While travelling during the Ninth Crusade, Prince Edward becomes King of England upon Henry III of England's death, but he will not return to England for nearly two years to assume the throne.
1491 – An auto-da-fé, held in the Brasero de la Dehesa outside of Ávila, concludes the case of the Holy Child of La Guardia with the public execution of several Jewish and converso suspects.
1532 – Francisco Pizarro and his men capture Inca Emperor Atahualpa at the Battle of Cajamarca.
1797 – The Prussian heir apparent, Frederick William, becomes King of Prussia as Frederick William III.

>News
EU4 DD 08/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-8th-of-november-2016.980828/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/941117
youtube.com/watch?v=-TEGPelS3Ac
skidrowreloaded.com/distant-worlds-universe-skidrow/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Stop making these threads. This place is shit.

Your mother will die in her sleep tonight

Yo /gsg/, I need the new Portrait Builder for CK2 but I'm too jewish to get the game legit so I can't access the forum. Someone please spoonfeed me.

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/941117

Reminder to pay for the games you play

in v2 is australia or new zealand any fun

alternatively, has anyone ever tried to play a country in v2 where they didnt go to war they just tried to develop their own nation for the good of the people

Right now there is a decision to rename New Zealand's provinces if you pursue it, but it was previously bugged due to a generic British event overriding it, but that has been fixed now.

Aside from that though, there are not too many places to rename, aside from maybe a few provinces in Quebec.

As for Pied-Noirs, they are currently removed since Vicky 2's mechanics are difficult to work with. I may in the future re-add them, but using a similar template to the Neo-Zelandais settler decision, allowing you to settle French people into Algeria which would turn them into Pied-Noirs.

whats liquor posting?

Sasuga autistic jannies

J U S T
U
S
T

It's just rebels bro :^)

>filename
That's actually a good point. Peasants are always the main player in revolutions (wether commanded by an elite or not), and them wanting to revoke certain reforms makes absolutely no sense.

I think I messed up. Earlier I accidentally inherited the Karling kingdoms as duke of Holland, formed the kingdom of Frisia and made that my main title.
Then I changed the succession law in Frisia from Agnatic Gavelkind to Agnatic-Cognatic Seniority, and subsequently formed the Empire of Francia with the same laws. My heir is a nephew via a sister, so he is the next-most-senior member of the dynasty according to Agnatic-Cognatic succession, but he isn't eligible at all according to Agnatic Gavelkind.

Does this mean that if I die, my nephew will rule an empire made up of Kingdoms that are all ruled by some other guy not of my dynasty? He will obviously try to overthrow me at that point! I guess if I have a son (or sons) myself, he (they) will become the heir to the various kingdoms other than Frisia, and be next in line for the emperor title after my nephew. That wouldn't be so bad as long as they don't fight each other too much, because all the titles will eventually trickle back up to the most senior member of the dynasty, and anyone holding them would be in the line of succession.

France is another matter because while everything was crazy and I was weak, some faction forced me to change the succession to elective. I nominated my heir to it but nobody is voting for him. Fighting for one out of like six kingdoms every time there is a succession wouldn't be so bad, I guess. It just all goes to shit if I die before having a son myself. Though, if I live long enough, I can just change the succession laws anyway.

am i a cool dude yet

>czechoslovakia
>pooland

0-4: Mixed Mod
5-9: Fatherland Mod

In HOI3, does controlling the suez canal provinces prevent enemy ships from using the canal?

>You will never be a german capitalist in the rheinland

Why live

Fuck you Habsburgs
youtube.com/watch?v=-TEGPelS3Ac

>Scotland is now an island in the Caribbean

How accurate is this image?

I disagree. Want to know why? Because it affects things that have no connection to each other at the same time and forces choices between them, it encourages 'click-and-bonus' as opposed to long-term investment, it allows you to 'save up' instead of investing, and it has too much dependency on the ruler alone who is pure RNG.
EU3 sliders took into account the ruler but were also a far more logical way of implementing investment into X area, they were more consistent in what was affected, and they didn't encourage clicking to get a bonus.
You can't just call everything an abstraction to make it automatically okay, especially when said abstraction is a pile of blank cheques that you can retcon into saying 'oh yeah we were working on X for three years haha' on matters completely unrelated to the name.

>diplomatic power
Bullshit, promoting mercantilism and hiring admirals have nothing to do with diplomacy, hell the Navy itself has fuckall to do with diplomacy especially if you're a landlocked country or a historically land-heavy empire like China.

>military power
Yeah because you should be forced to choose between hiring a new general and suppressing rebels, instead of hiring a new general and putting him in charge of suppressing rebels? And what does the mana drain if you go over the limit even mean, it makes no goddamn sense if anything it should put strain on the bureaucracy.

Mana gets far too little shit for what it is, if it got about a dozen times more shit maybe Paradox would finally fix one of the two hardcoded flaws that hold EU4 back from being amazing.

In HPM, it says that Muhammad Ali's Reforms gives -40% research modifier and lasts until the end of the game. Is that WAD? That doesn't sound like a decision I'd want to use.

It goes away after a while, don't remember when though.

Is there a way to mod the game so New World nations will colonize outside of the New World?

r8 the planned borders of my comfy kingdom lads

*notice borders*

OyO what's this?

How do I dismantle these 3 big empires?

By August 1941 Unternehmen Barbarossa was well underway. The capture of Smolensk allowed a forward base of operations for Army Group Centre and, ignoring the advice of his Generals, ordered the group to ignore Kiev and Leningrad and instead drive for the physical heart of Communism: Moscow. The encirclement at Vyazma was the bell weather for the Battle of Moscow and, fearing for his life, Stalin fled Moscow by train on the 15th of October. He was not to be heard of again. The battle of Moscow raged for months until, in January 1942, German troops tentatively held the city and ransacked the Kremlin. With the loss of much of the higher ranking Communist Party Members, various members of the party claimed leadership of the Union. This infighting only served to hamper defensive efforts, although the cities of Leningrad and Stalingrad still fought on. By early 1943 the Wehrmacht was on the march towards Archangelesk and Baku. Allied successes in Africa and the pending invasion of Italy forced Hitler to bring the Soviets to the table and, with the Second Treaty of Brest-Litovsk, gained control of European Russia whilst the Russians retained Siberia.
German troops fresh off the Ostfront were able to repel the Allied landings in Italy, however the successful bombing campaigns by the British Empire and the Americans began crippling German infrastructure and industry. With neither side able to break the stalemate neutral Sweden and Switzerland brokered a ceasefire between the Axis and Allies. Neither side was satisfied with the results of the treaty - Hitler himself being vehemently it's signing. The atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945 saw Allied dominance over Japan and the Far East. While the German economy is booming thanks to the spoils of war, the Italian and Vichy economies are tanking. Economists are doubtful as to the continued German economic success, seemingly reliant on military conquest.

is alpha centauri cool in here?

Distant Worlds: Universe is on sale right now, is it worth $20?

Or should I just save my money?

>Veeky Forums ate my line spacing

Serbia was occupied by the Heer as a result of the invasion of the Balkans. The region of Banat was placed under the administration of the local German population and, until recently, things have gone smoothly. Now however some politicians have proposed the redrawing of the map in the region. In particular Serbia, Hungary, and Romania all lay claim to Banat.

Hitler, in a bout of poor health, delegated the decision to his esteemed autistic advisor, /gsg/.

WHAT DO:
>Keep Banat, and confirm Serbia as a puppet state
>Keep Banat, and give Serbia a limited autonomy
>Hungary served us well, give them Banat
>Romania served us well, give them Banat
>Return Banat to Serbia and give them limited autonomy

just pirate it m'lad

>After the WW2

>need an account on ru site to download it
no thanks

Banat has a german minority but would look awful. Just give it to romania.

Have you seen Fatherland before?
You're in for some shit

skidrowreloaded.com/distant-worlds-universe-skidrow/

I sure do wish there was an Orthodox version of crusades if you mend the great schism as an Orthodox leader, without crusades, russia is fully muslim and scandinavia is still germanic

What mod?

Moscow, the heart of Communism.
The plan has always been to destroy the city, diverting local rivers and creating a great lake. The local SS commanders and the majority of High Command agrees with Hitler's vision. If Moscow is the physical embodiment of Communism then its destruction is of great propaganda value.
Obergruppenführer Kasche has forwarded another idea to the Fuhrer. Kasche argues that by limiting the destruction of the city we can utilize it's infrastructure to more rapidly respond to local partisan activity.

WHAT DO
>Kasche is an armchair sloth. Destroy the city
>Kasche may be right. Conduct limited destruction.
>Leave the city as it is.

Fatherland

death to commies

Willy had a hard life...

>Do I pridefully destroy the administrative infrastructure of my new clay or allow myself to be enriched by it?
Decisions, decisions.

Taiping should honestly get reduced rebels for 5 years.

So should Qing to be honest, Taiping rebellion pretty much saved them. A more traditional rebellion would have definitely succeeded.

Will the HRE survive?

lads

I'm unironically doing it all alone with no allies by abusing the rebels

based York rebels

what is wrong with your flag

based

had no intention of taking over the peninsula but it seems like it's shaping up that way. I have no idea how to control PUs though and my heir died last year

United States of Latvia

based

a perfect Hungary ruined by roaches

>1 province

You really dreamed big there chap

what meme mod is this?

Keep this up and you might be able to form Great Britain by 2129

What would the rules be for a V2 drinking game?
Got a fresh six pack and a few hours to kill.
Playing as France.

Drink every time you or your capitalists open a factory

pretty alright. you colonizing?

Drink every time NGF declares war for A-L

Moot, since I've already taken the Palatinate and Rhineland from them.

Drink one shot of vodka every time your communist rebels go up by 10k

Drink one shot of "something I dont know" every time Jacobin Rebels go up by 10k

Drink whenever other memey wars happen, drink every time capitalists build a factory that makes no sense, drink every revolt

What mapmod?

r8

all of the middle east is either my puppet or in my sphere. also algeria and madagascar.

Why does this always happen?

kys honestly

Speaking of, who the fuck knew? Prussia and Bavaria get an event to form the NGF and SGF if you use the "Left Bank" event chain to get CBs for German states. That shit blew me away.

It's awful. What were you thinking?

w&b

die

Conquering England 101:

>position navy doomstack over their irrelevant one
>wait for half their army to unload in Ireland
>???
>enjoy literal free fort-less provinces

xth for rhelbe

I was thinking grosspersiniums, but I didn't expect a shit name like Iran or that horrid flag.

Blobbing into Iraq and that deep into the Caucasus was a mistake.

>The AI formed the SER
oh fug

I vomited

Iraq is rightful persian land, and the caucasus thing was just because i didn't want to own half of a state.

>Saint
>Empire
>Romain

>not rescuing the pure aryan kalash people in the rightful persian land of chitral

samefag

>7
>13
>205/243

Iraq should be a persian puppet.

samefag

When they make the next Europa Universalis are they going to include all EU4 expansion added features in the base game?

RIGHTFUL PERSIAN LAND
522-486 BC BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE.

lolno

Obviously it should be romaine

dude Hoi4 doesnt even have a Chain of Command

They're Swedish, right? What if we can convince them that jewing like that would be misogynistic?

No, that's just not how these games work.

Compare EU4 to the latest version of EU3. They have completely different mechanics. It doesn't make any sense to talk about including features from one in the other.

>"""""""G""""""B

I been playing EU3 and don't have EU4 yet because I'm waiting for it to be completed. How are they different? EU4 looks like EU3 but much more advanced.

>How are they different?
I don't know. I don't play it because it is unrecognizably different from EU3 and because it looks horrible.

Holy shit, that Austrian sphere.

ayy what's that meme strategy for beating United Kingdom as The Netherlands in an early war in V2?

Could you possibly be more of a naive goy?

So any user able to help me with a mod issue?
Been trying to use Big Square Frames, HPM, and the Cultures Minimod from the pastebin and every time I try to select an any the game crashes. HPM and Cultures work together just fine, but BSF seems to break it. Did I miss a readme where you have to do something else to make BSF to work?

Restore order against the Belgium, separate peace with Belgium after occupying all of them, survive +2 years of blockades and possibly small invasions, then start adding wargoals for the Cape and other colonies as the British fail to recover Belgium.

Deuteronomy, chapter 7

1: "When the LORD your God brings you into the land which you are entering to take possession of it, and clears away many nations before you, the Hittites, the Gir'gashites, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Per'izzites, the Hivites, and the Jeb'usites, seven nations greater and mightier than yourselves,
2: and when the LORD your God gives them over to you, and you defeat them; then you must utterly destroy them; you shall make no covenant with them, and show no mercy to them.
3: You shall not make marriages with them, giving your daughters to their sons or taking their daughters for your sons.
4: For they would turn away your sons from following me, to serve other gods; then the anger of the LORD would be kindled against you, and he would destroy you quickly.
5: But thus shall you deal with them: you shall break down their altars, and dash in pieces their pillars, and hew down their Ashe'rim, and burn their graven images with fire.
6: "For you are a people holy to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his own possession, out of all the peoples that are on the face of the earth.
16: And you shall destroy all the peoples that the LORD your God will give over to you, your eye shall not pity them; neither shall you serve their gods, for that would be a snare to you.
Hordes are a joke, you might as well be cheating

How did syria get so many cores?