4-6 play games for "research"
7-0 yesdev

3rd for anime

>looking for photos of mossy things
>pictures of Kate Moss keep coming up
Pinterest pls

hop to it, fuckboy.

Alcoholic shitposter here

Keep dancing, monkey. I own you, just like I own this thread. :)

f-fuck I shouldn't have given yesdev higher odds.

>looking for references to do art about
>pinterest on 98% of google results
What is this hell?

It's a good site

POST YOUR PROGRESS

Watch out everyone, now getting wasted and crying to strangers about what a failure you are and telling us you have an alcoholic mom is just "beer".

Except weren't you arguing with us that beer is for pussies and admitting that you're getting sloshed on the hard stuff? Hmm.

As for carving, everyone can look at that thread and see you getting yelled at by one person after another to drop hammer all while you make sniveling comeback nothing remarks and carry on embarrassing yourself.

baka senpai

>pinterest
Am I the only one getting annoyed at that shit? I refuse to create an account for those idiots.

>PLEASE REGISTER TO VIEW OUR PICTURES FOR FREE
>Click on a picture to enlargen it or see it as a single post
>Instead it opens the same fucking collection of pictures
It's really not.

Pintrest is shit, but somehow it got popular so you gotta use it

No, it is shit and I even have an account

Maybe I've been mistaken for someone else, and it IS just beer. But it's a lot of beer.

And I've never posted my game. Well except that one time and all that was shown was shit that was in Unreal 4.13 Topdown default project.

Here you go, man.

What sort of game is it?

Lol. Absolutely just Lol. Do you think that's a legitimate attempt? What is that even supposed to be?

>couldn't even make a garrys mod map

Pathetic. Lol. Just. Fucking. Lol.

Not him, I'm drunkanon

If you want to give someone criticism you should tell them what's wrong instead of just trolling

I think I've been to a school that looked like that once.

Zelda Maker™ for Nintendo Switch™

>Construct Dungeons in a tiled drag and drop level editor by placing traps, monsters and puzzle pieces in a dungeon with various items and improvements
>Has RPG elements for progressing from dungeon to dungeon in a quest line to play through campaigns instead of being isolated maps.
>Has an AI capable of procedurally generating full dungeons out of set blocks
>You can even design your own monster logic, abilities, minibosses and bosses by combining scripted elements and a wide range of mechanics.

You

Made this

While saying

>AAA games are garbage
>Look for real aesthetic in games

You then spent another 48 hours in a row (as you do) shitting on game devs for posting progress.

So if AAA games are garbage, and all Indie Games are garbage, are all games garbage? What classification of games are okay by your (clearly) sterling standards?

You have all the talent in the world (clearly) and I just want to know from one of AGDGs brightest up and coming devs what your opinion is. I'm dying for it. It's very important.

Keep in mind that I shan't be reading nor replying to any post in a reply chain to a sourcefam/danny/reek/rotate shitpost.

Working on making stages look less bad.

That would actually be super cool. Mario Maker is pretty fun. A Zelda version could be a lot of fun.

But I didn't

STOP MIS-GAMING ME, SHITLORD

You mustn't discount the effect that good texture work can have on the scene.

Why is there so much disgust in your heart?

Don't reply to the first person. You'll know who it is when he replies to you again.

That was fun.

We'll be back, "family". Maybe keep your mouth shut until then. You're already in the shit more than you know. Gonna be hard to get those welfare checks once the powers that be know what you've been doing.

Do you actually have any comebacks or do you just like being humiliated? lol
Any excuse to drink I guess.

Progress on the cursor and color scheme.
I also cleaned up some sprites I think

>Construct a monster thats the head of a Pikit on the body of a Like-Like wearing the armor of a Darknut and legs of a Lynel
>Its fast moving and erratic, extends a tongue that pulls you into it where it eats your armor and can only be damaged by hitting it with melee attacks from behind

I can't wait until I actually post game progress so I can shitpost at the speed of light with you guys

Of course, Reek. We totally want to see more of your ""progress"".

I think you dropped this. Oops. :)

>That picture
Holy shit, now I don't feel bad that you think I'm this other guy

literally every thread

what did we do to deserve this

i wanna say we deserve this for responding to him but he just argues with himself like a lunatic even if no one responds

Didn't you post this?

>A floating point means that the number has, well, a floating decimal point. Its decimal point is at any arbitrarily chosen position. (the position is not RANDOM, just ARBITRARY -- it's chosen based on the needs at that time, but those needs can be anything.)

>Usually, computers have a set number of digits to work with, but can put the point wherever because the math still works out fine. So the difference between 1.2345 and 123.45 is not that big, computationally, in base 10. (computer math is done in base 2 because le ebin binary may mays actually having root in real computation despite most binary converters and the like being totally arbitrary in how they interpret things; computers use base 2 because they only have "On" and "Off" to work with as numbers)

>However, to the user, a moving decimal point can represent a large difference, because the significant figures you can use are necessarily limited.

>Obviously to us, a computer has LOTS of digits to go through, but let's say that we have some fairly small number of them, like 5.

>If I want to calculate physics stuff on a cartesian plane streching out to "Very Far" units on each side in 2d. an object can be at a very precise position near the center, like [1.0082, 2.5598], but if it's far from the center, I star to lose precision. 10 units out, and I can only go to 3 places. 100 units, and I can only go to 2 places, like [650.25, 554.47]. If it's more than 99998 units out, I lose whole individual units as I start to having to define things like 1.0000x10^5 for being at 100000 in any coordinate (but not just htat, but now using much more memory because I have to store "1.0000" and "10" and "5" instead of just one number.)

Of course you would have, you fucking drunk. Lol. Just fucking lol. Keep dancing, pet. :)

Not at all. I'm annoyed as fuck about it, don't want to create an account, and hate how it's on almost 90% of the results on google image search.

It's been going on for too long for it to simply be trolling, and as points out it's not really done to get a reaction. I think we have a case of someone genuinely mentally ill that honestly believes he is doing a good thing and that everybody else is against him.

>he's quadruple replying with the same points to posts that nobody else should care about again
just a few more drops left senpai you can do it

Since I'm an artist, all I know of floats is that there's a decimal point

I feel like I'm ruining the ruined reputation of someone else. Oh well, if he chooses to be identified on an anonymous board he deserves everything he gets

guys guys pls dont funpost or namefun
pls just reply to my game
see im postin gam

>youre right i am a sack of shit
okay?
lmao
that bottle must be tapped out by now

What's your USP?

>that bottle must be tapped out by now
Probably. It's almost beddy bye time for drinky pink.

Looks like his "wah wah m***dan" posts are all being deleted now too.

How do you draw the available move squares?

I've done a thing where I draw one square at a time spiraling outward from the origin until I radius = distance.

It works well enough, but it feels contrived and I have no sources on how other people do it.

How do I view the source for .love files?

In my entity-component-system I have a class that pulls components from the entity and caches the results, something like this:

class PhysicalObject
{
Position, Velocity, Rigidbody, etc
}

So the System that operates on the data can operate on those tiny chunks of data instead of having to pull the components from the entity every frame...

Any ideas what to name the base class of that PhysicalObject example?

Fuck, that reminds me I need to buy a gun.

This liberal shithole is porbably doing everything in its power to make that more difficult now

right now I just use a big double for loop, and throw out all the unavailable tiles to get that diamond shape. You'll notice that there are some squares that are not connected, and that's incorrect.
I'll have to switch to a flood fill algorithm instead.

This is why I've mentioned in the past thread that it's not about shitposting anymore, it's about one single guy purposely shitting the post count of this thread for his own personal drama.

I mean, look at this. Out of the 53 replies 30 of them are his. That's literally more than 50%.

flood fill algorithm?

Link please? I'm not a computer science student so I'm kinda feeling and clunking my way through my 2 intro courses to programming.

if you can't google you're not gonna make it, bro
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_fill

Good respawn but the savepoint shouldn't look like spikes

are we posting old aggydaggys now

bullying endorsing

the retarded flopping will never not be funny

In general you do it with an algorithm like Dijkstra's, stopping when the maximum move cost is exceeded.

I'd say ideally it would be like a tuple, e.g. Cache, though I guess you'd still want a type synonym that's shorter. Maybe just an abbreviation, like PosVelRB...?

A breadth-first flood fill will work since your costs are uniform, yeah.

>LE USE LE SOURCE MAY MAY
Why have the mods not banned this cancerous chucklefuck yet? Here I am, POSTING PROGRESS, just trying to MAKE GAME, and here he comes ruining everything with his drunken bullshit. Why has no one stepped up to remove this filth yet?

a .love file is just a zip, so unzip it with whatever

MORE THAN ONE PERSON CAN BE DRUNK, user

Progress.

Stop replying you dumb cunt.

Please don't do this. I just want to learn how to make games and figured looking at others' source would help.

Thanks! That worked.

Don't ever post ever again.

OpenGL 2.1 or 3+ if I want to make a 2D game with lots of juice but doesn't need recent hardware?

I'm sorry, but I don't know any better at this point

ComponentCache will work, thanks user.

5am progress. HIGH SPEED ELEVATOR ACTION is back. They are for fast transitions between areas.

The effects are placeholders. Too tired to make them better.

Going to add hittable lanterns back and add some clutter like barrels and other shit tomorrow.

From what I can piece together, glug glug has come from one user a few months ago who was shitposting and said they were drunk, and then some people latched onto that and called them an alcoholic, deprived of attention from family as a child, etc etc, and then declared war on rotate and said that he was that shitposter which may or may not be true, which caused him to stop going onto agdg and also create agdg2 which might be dead by now.

If you're trying to support old hardware, go with the oldest core version you can get away with and rely on extensions (ideally optionially) as much as possible.

Cool stuff. I assume Order of Ecclesia was an inspiration? Will we be able to smash a boss with it?

It's being done right now

youtube.com/watch?v=Yv8RdzB47TE

>Yeah. Yeah don't mind me. I'm just going to open a random reservoir in the car and drink whatever happens to to be in there.

>I assume Order of Ecclesia was an inspiration?
More like SotN and Metroid seires I guess. Haven't been able to play OoE too much.

>Will we be able to smash a boss with it?
I have no idea yet.

Reek. You can't honestly expect us to believe anyone cares about this except you.

He broke your mind and is rubbing it in your face. Can't you see?

Stop. Just. Stop. Your pattern of behavior is clear to all of us who have been here long enough. Samefagging a dozen replies to your own posts, losing your mind over mothdan. It has to stop sometime? Are you just going to obsess over him until you die? That's honestly sad.

Oh. I guess if I'm looking for help I should avoid my inebriation status and replace it with generic stupidity

Thanks. I'm glad I didn't post anything that revealed my game up until now. I've been a "nodev" (since I've yet to publish a game) for two weeks now

I didn't bike through the rain for 64 ounces of beer for nothing, user. Why do you seek to trigger me so?

youtu.be/roxkBNQGv7I

Fixed particles!

Post dev ambience and/or music
youtube.com/watch?v=1JRjzNm4cUc

Lol. Just fucking lol. I forgot that you can't even drive. Fucking manlet, just like the real Reek. :)

So, what was actually wrong with this that it's such a meme kopipe now?

But I"m 6'0

Not tall, but not kill-yourself-manlet size

Just look at it. It's word salad from a fucking alcoholic. And we don't allow drug abusers in my general here.

>avatarfagging because he's drunk
Surprise soon. :)

>mothdizzle hasn't worked on paranormal patrol for more than a year
:(
youtube.com/watch?v=97IDWBeohAg
look at this, why'd he drop this to become a full time shitposter

I dunno, I felt like I should do it so nobody would mistake me for someone else

I'll probably have to stop soon, I'm running out of snek and doggo pictures

How many years have you been programming?

You know- I was thinking today (which is a rare occurrence in and of itself) and I remember back when you-know-who was posting those highway pics as legit progress and asking for advice.

It's kinda sad when you think about it. I wonder what happened to cause everything.
Maybe it's not even you-know-who anymore. Since the posting style has practically become a meme, maybe he doesn't even visit the thread anymore and other shitposters are keeping the legacy alive.

And before anyone asks, no, I'm not him (not that I can prove it anyway)

To long to be able justify why I don't have a game.

>implying i program

What's holding you back, user?

How do you develop games if you don't program?

it's a shitpost

>Maybe it's not even you-know-who anymore.
>maybe

>implying i develop games

I'm not the fastest thinker in these threads.

>tfw you're trying to get your sword to match the color palette of your HUD icon but it's hard to do so because you're colorblind.

End me

Or did I actually get it this time? I've been struggling with this for like 15 minutes