/mscg/ - My Summer Car General

>What is this game?
Build a car, drink some peer, do some mundane work for good pay, and live like a Finn.
>In-depth Guides
my-summer-car.wikia.com/wiki/MY_SUMMER_CAR_GUIDE_2:_ELECTRIC_BOOGALOO
Youtube: Video not found (embed)
>Top 20 singles of Finland during 1995 in-game playlist compiled by Veeky Forums
comfy.moe/aqtlkc.7z
>Where can I get it?
store.steampowered.com/app/516750/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rIZ3zs26RDQ
imgur.com/a/dj0RK
my-summer-car.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Modifications
imgur.com/gallery/bOSUX
imgur.com/a/vAoSH
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>donald trump hand mod
neat

I don't get this meme his hands don't look very small

>Video not found (embed)

PERKELE
youtube.com/watch?v=rIZ3zs26RDQ

if you say it enough, it becomes true!

Put this in the next OP.
imgur.com/a/dj0RK

Post anything that isn't in here and I will add it when I get the chance.

I know there is a tofu skin with finnish text and a blyatmobil skin.

So... I bought the air fuel gauge but it fell out of my car at some point when I was carrying it.

... Is there any easy way to find it and get it back or get a new one?

>Position alternator
>Go to tighten screw
>It moves the alternator back
GOD DAMN IT STOP

screw the screw in all the way then out once and move the alternator then when you screw it back it it will only movie once.

I just did the engine tuning at the shop (not the adjustment). It doesn't seem like it did anything? My valves are all the same. My carbs are the same. My ShopTuning flag is still false. I read that it was supposed to increase your overall hp?

HOLD mouse button when closing/open the doors. Use save editor Just type in filter "fuel mixture" and click on coordinates, it will show on the map.

>Assemble car
>Fill up all those fluids
>Turn on the car, open choke, rev engine
>Temperature never increases
>Okay whatever
>Get out to tune the carb
>Engine stalls
>Turn it back on
>Stalls
>Over and over
>Not enough time between getting the engine going and it stalling to tune the carb
PERKELE

Bleed your clutch with the engine off. I bled the master at the line and then the slave at the line. I can now repeatedly start my car without it dying out.

Did the top speed/acceleration change?

>My ShopTuning flag is still false.
I think this one is just checkbox on the repair shop list.

It didn't really seem like it, but I'm on the tallest final drive for rally. I'll switch back over after the race and see if I can wring out 4th at 3.700 any better.

that makes no sense though, the clutch is irrelevant when the car is in neutral

I had too, turns out you have to rev the engine to operating temp(needle halfway) to keep it idling ok, and then put the choke back because an afr of 6 or 5 will kill your engine

Still, if your mixture is too lean, it will stall anyway, just make it richer until it works

I thought these needed to be PNG to work. Straight convert?

They do, and converting can fuck the quality. Transparencies don't matter.

If someone gets a nice collection up, I'd be happy to host them on my website with previews and shit.

More people need to start editing textures and modding this game. would also make these threads more interesting.

Probably your carb goes lean as fuck, that why you should scroll down idle screw 15-20 times before starting the engine. It never stall with rich mixture.

I would be interested if I could get a quick tutorial.

Actually, if people want to dump modded files and infographics, along with skins in .png I can make a quick fanpage on my website tomorrow.

Would also like to host the bolt/dude where's my summer car program if the guy who made it is alright with that, whatever credit you want listed next to the link of course.

Tomorrow I'll start going through the game files and write down what texture is what.

heres a better version of 2wycked

There are mods with downloads on this wiki page my-summer-car.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Modifications my ones are "MicrowaveOven" you can put them on your your website if you want.

don't know what exactly i'm going for, but wish me luck.

They were png's when I uploaded them.
If you save as png it will work.

Kiwi?

WW2 TankSuma skin.
If i make my car look vahva it shall become vahva

If I can't do these jobs when I load, I'm going to kill all of you.

i promise you will be able to.
Cross my break lines hope to die.

Can you guys help me identify these parts of car skin?

12 is your gas tank im pretty sure
11 may also be gas tank?
7 and 8 looks like it would be the custom fin?
and 3 looks like its one of the bumpers.
I am guessing.
I'll experiment to see what i can do

imgur.com/gallery/bOSUX

>imgur.com/gallery/bOSUX
Ignore my guesses use this guys link it is spot on

I have almost 90 songs in my radio folder, and it's over 250 mb of storage space
how do i make all of them smaller at once without using some POS website where i have to do it one by one

How do i tune the carburator with performance parts
explain step by step for a retard like me

>supply run
>drink half case of beer at shop
>wobbly drive like crazy
>few turns before house a magical bump instastops van
>ded
Its just so disappointing, i almost made it and got fucked over by a retarded bug. I know the game is ironically shit but still...

First warm up your engine. As in drive around a bit. I usually do doughnuts by the lake or go to the air strip. When your car is good and warm is it back firing? If so keep leaning it down to it stops. Your carb is now tuned.

If it isn't backfiring, make it richer til it does and then tune it back til it just stops.
(I like to run my mixture rich, keeps the engine cool uses more petrol though)

I'm coming for you asshole.

I've got you now.

Take that!

Not as funny as the forklift guy from the other day
>At least you get to pretend you're the guy from Joyride

Never shoulda come here.

Hey, come back!

I'll get you next time.

what about the air to fuel mixture gauge?

Just get air/fuel gauge. Unscrew that shit on the carb by scrolling down mouse wheel 20 times. Now warm the engine, watch temperature gauge till it hits halfway mark. That's running temperature and you always tune shit at this temperature. You can pull out the choke and hold your rpm at 3-5k, thats much faster and don't need to drive around like an idiot. Just don't forget to push the choke back when you done.
Now watch at air/fuel gauge closely. There is a green mark that says optimal. Thats where you need to aim. Scroll mouse wheel down to lower numbers and pretty obvious that scrolling up makes it higher. As you can see the green mark goes from 14 to 16. Basically lower numbers of this range makes your car accelerate faster at low rpm and stall less. Higher numbers accelerate faster at high rpm, but stall often or you can just say fuck it and make it 14.7 which is considered ideal for gasoline engine and it's some kinda middle way.
If you don't have air/fuel gauge at the start, you can just do the same shit, but watch for the exhaust smoke. If you did exactly what i said, you will have dark smoke coming out from exhaust pipe. You can press the thingy on your carb to rev up the engine, so you could see what smoke coming out. Just scroll up until smoke stop being dark. That means you hit 14 air/fuel ratio, which is okay for a stock car and just don't bother.

the game wont start with the song list anyway i can get them in my game?

make folder smaller, the creator said to keep it under 250 mb

Thanks to this game, I'm getting educated about car mechanics in a fun way. Of course I have to google and watch videos of what the parts do, but still. Great game.

Thanks my friendo
Maybe we should put this in OP

i mean the file from OP
its only an .assets file

It's already in OP, called wiki guide. Just don't mind that stupid picture with "mouse whale" in the carb tuning part, it's showing wrong directions.

/r/ing the finnish luftwaffe skin

imgur.com/a/dj0RK

What do you think?
imgur.com/a/vAoSH

far out man

thanks
saving as .dds right?

I'm fuckin' dead when it comes to new ideas for car skins. Creating another livery seems like a boring idea, but no idea what else I could make that fits the sports theme.

Anyone try creating a muscle skin for their satsuma?

Edit skins for the van and the ferndale.

is urine an efficient coolant to put in the radiator?

I swear my General Lee skin for the Ferndale is the only skin right now for the Ferndale.

I wanted to create some over the top cliche nfs skin for satsuma. Like the one that you would do in NFS Underground 2. But i came across problem that i can't find any png's or even jpegs of NFSU original vinyls.
It would be cool to put nfsu soundtrack on the radio and drive this thing as recklessly as possible.

Did you know that you can piss in your mouth to reduce thirst?

Did you know that you can bring two sets of tires from the shop in Ferndale? One fits on the backseat and the second one in the opened trunk. And there still some space left for other shit.

You can extract the vinyls from the bin files with NFS TexEd.

Here's Eddie's vinyl applied to Satsuma, but I'm too lazy to fix it (the bonnet).

The vinyl itself.

neat. wish I could design my own logos like this.

Were they really using this shit resolution in game?

Even MW had 512x512 textures.

By the way, this was resized with nearest neighbour. It may look pixelated, but it's miles better than bicubic, bilinear etc.

It's still shit, though.

Of course it is, never said it wasn't. But much less shit when you look at the alternatives.

Rate?

So what should be top priority for future development?
I think:
>Fix darts disappearing when you quit
>Give an option to save without quitting
>More english translations

>More english translations
Wha? What do you need translated?

Mostly just the parts catalogue and the inspection sheet, pretty easy fixes.

City needs more life. At least some people to roam around an drink beer, fishing or doing whatever they do in finland.

How long does it take for the lazy ass mechanic to fix my car

Also Ferndale needs steering reworked. This is the only car that is not possible to steer while holding stick, it oversteers. Van is another RWD car and it steers allright, you can hold stick in long turns and it turns just right.

being able to lay down on your back to work on your car.

be able to re-install main headers on the road if you downshift too quickly like a retard and make them fall out.

improvements to tires:
>implement tire pressure
>add air compressor to the shop, spawn hand pump at home
>tires must be pressurized properly once installed
>32psi is default, less causes steering mis-alignment, too much can cause rupture.
>tires can lose air
>rare chance of puncture if you run over beer bottles
>bottles can be broken
>add a doughnut spare to install in the trunk

>implement tire pressure
I don't think this is possible in the curent state the game is in. Even Spintires were not able to add tire pressure mechanic and in offroading this is one of the most important things.Well okay let's not talk about spintires, game's development is the story of one big fraud. But i still think this is too much for MSC.
If i get it right the game calculates coordinates and condition of every part car consists from and i think this is the reason it drops framerate on the high speeds. Adding calculation of tire pressure - condition will drop framerate even further.

These are all pretty good. I'd like to be able to cut down trees and have to replenish the wood stock too.

>I finally get the 'mouse whale' joke

yet another game suffering from shitty engine syndrome

a moomin car

And you will never get better game because dev is fucking autist that won't be able to get good team together to create MSC2, bigger better and done just right. And AAA devs won't even bother making game about sucking shit.
And this original MSC won't ever be anything more it already is.

poker, blackjack, able to sleep in the car

this
this
this

dev should spend the next 3 months working on an insane content patch. i'd be willing to take a break on playing, if it mean getting a huge fuckton of shit to do in feb.

>Trying to take the shitty muscle car on the highway
never again

what the fuck

[muffled eurobeat]

>tfw studying civil engineering
>the monstrous head-on collisions in MSC are vaguely realistic
>it was particularly bad in the 90's with a rash of drunk/asleep at the wheel collisions
>bulldozing the land flat and making perfectly level straight roads made for incredibly boring, sleep-inducing driving, as well as fucking with perception as picking out moving objects on the horizon is incredibly hard without some kind of elevation difference
>road design has since evolved to consider things like sight lines, and following the lay of the land is cheaper as well as being just stimulating enough to not put drivers asleep
>even the camber of the road surface has steadily increased to improved drainage, as well as to influence out of control cars off the road instead of into incoming traffic

post your current ride and let /mscg/ decide if they could beat your car in a race.

pro tip: you wouldn't

horn
I want to honk.