/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Got banned /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users.
-New exploits that allow to downgrade from 11.1 are going to be released soon. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
-You can downgrade from 11.0, 11.1 and 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. Check Plailect's guide.

>Wii U
-Preview version of hexFW released.
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/
-You can run games from USB without IOSU.

>Vita
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/
-Rumor from a reputable warez group that hacks are coming soon. wololo.net/2016/11/02/ps4-xbox-one-hacks-trsi-announces-warez-getting-close/

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11664929
se7ensins.com/forums/threads/jtag-rgh-r-jtag-xbox-360-ultimate-exploit-guide.804054/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>3.63

Serves you right for shitting /hbg/.

3ND FOR GET THAT ASS BANNED

>he didn't enjoy the week of wondertrading with bros
normie.

all i need is homebrew access to run decrypt9 to get certs.db, right?

>everyone buying new 3ds consoles

If you're banned from games on 3DS, will you be unable to open the friends menu when you're connected to the internet? It's launching for me.

>Going online on a game that isn't released
>Get banned
NATURAL SELECTION AT ITS FINEST

Is it worth grabbing your cert.db now if you aren't banned yet?

Oh no I cant trade for two weeks woe is me

What do I look like, a loser in his mid 20s stuck playing the same game from his childhood over and over?

yep, thankfully!

I got a ton of cool stuff, and I got banned right as I was getting bored of the game. Could be worse.

I played the leaked Moon but I haven't had my wifi switched on at all while the game was running.

Am I safe? I'm afraid to check.

ahh, alright, thanks!

strawpoll.me/11664929
Hey hbg, id like to know how you got banned and what error you got

well, you are on /hbg/ so yes?
The only annoying thing is perma-eshop ban. That 11.x downgrade best come soon.

No, you're banned.

Free PS4 games when

if you're on a9lh who cares about eshop ban tho?

>wifi switch wasn't on
Yeah, Nintendo accessed your 3ds while you were playing through uh, air.

I won't get the satisfaction of giving games I've spent 20 hours for free on a 1 star review anymore.

Error code for eshop or ingame? because they differ.

3ds users

>>babbys first console ban

jtag

there should be an option for multiple selections, since there's people who got both errors.

Planning on getting a N3ds soon and was gonna buy one of those dsiware titles to downgrade if it's 11.x now I've gotta hope for a 10.x or wait till december to hack it.

I doubt it but you've got nothing to lose

Dgaf. The only thing I'm banned from permanently is the eShop and I have freeShop and FBI.

Will I miss the meta establishing for a bit? Yeah, but I'll catch up regardless.

this.
And anyone knows that the good online battles are on pokemon shodown.

>tfw tempted to boot my rgh up and go online for the hell of it
How quick would I be banned anyways?

which one is the perma?

This. Hell, I'm not even banned from games, only eshop. It's not even an NNID ban so my wiiu is unaffected.

Why is everyone panicking
Isnt it obvious that someone will find away to bypass/fix this ban?

Without a stealth server? seconds, if not instantly.
Fun fact: your console itself plays a major hand in whether or not you get gold member access. I thought that was stupid. It's all still on pastebin somewhere.

022-2812 in the eshop

FOR FUCKS SAKE, YOU STUPID FUCKS USING A GAMES ONLINE SERVICES WHEN IT LEAKED 11 DAYS EARLY THAN STREET DATE. JESUS FUCK HOW INTELLECTUALLY DISABLED DO YOU NEED TO BE?

So once the game is released I have to FreeShop the "legit" version of Sun/Moon and inject my save in order to stay a pure, non-banned fag?

The people who got banned are retards, isn't it obvious?

Enjoy not able to play online until they get your fix. Better pay those someone to do it quick.

Hey retard, everyone knows about the ban now. Kicking people who are down already isn't doing anything other than stating the obvious.
It's natural selection at its finest.
Smart people knew not to use services for a product that 1) leaked early and 2) isn't out yet.
Retards being retards is punishment enough.

Why does decrypt9 crash back to the homebrew channel when I try to run it?
Am I restricted to running it on startup through luma or something?

Since it's server-side I doubt there'll be a proper fix without someone hacking into Nintendo's mainframe.

whats this image? some nand writer?

also whats with the mass ban waves all of a sudden? if i just play moon without doing anything else i should be g?

The perma ban is only an eshop ban anyway. In two weeks, you'll be able to play online again, and that's all that matters.

I thought Nintendo bans were laughibly easy to be fixed?

>non cfw
Non cfw users wouldn't have been able to install moon and go online in the first place.
Here's your (You)

They were, apparently not anymore though

It's a MAC ban apparently. So we can just spoof the MAC.

well, shit. Any way to check without going online? I played with wifi on, but didn't do any online interactions in pokemon

Only going online in the game itself gets you banned, enjoy.

>whats this image?
It's part of the setup that was used to dump the 3DS's RAM when it was first being hacked.

>if i just play moon without doing anything else i should be g?
Only seems to have affected people who used the online features. If you didn't do that you should be ok.

Is there a hack to get SM64 DS better controls?

That's what everyone said, so that's why I went online

guess they were wrong

Well damn I'm not paying to go online with an outdated console. Halo 3 servers aren't even populated now are they? also
>gold member access
does that relate to XBLS? or like xbox live in general I've not looked into online for jtags/rghs before.

That setup was a dud though. It was scrapped some time after.

this, despite me telling myself not to, is also the reason I went online.

I didn't even do anything other than check the GTS and hop off, but I still went online.

People said the bans were stupid easy to circumvent, and while true if you have a 2nd 3DS, isn't true if you don't as of right now

Oh, interesting, didn't know about that. Shame neimod made his flickr stream private, had some cool shots on there.

yeah, play it on 3ds and use the circlepad.

anyone knows where can i get the update 1.21 for gundam breaker 3?

No plain "no ban" option.

My dad works for Nintendo, can confirm.

I heard there was but I can't find anything on it.

Just use the touchscreen I guess.

live in general apparently, it's part of xam, lot of fun stuff in there.

Stealth servers are a con because the 360 itself could be made to handle the handshakes with fake data but whatever, i ain't paying for that shit either. It would let you cheat the absolute fuck out of multiplayer but they do of course ban for that.

is it still worth replacing it with a different cia (perhaps official install) after release because of the version number?

Mine was my PS3. How foolish I was.

>backwards compatible 40gb blown wide open with CFW
>can't even play Demon's Souls online

Just fucking kill me

>mfw I went online in S&M like a fucking retard just to see if it actually worked

Whoopsies, guess I caught the stupids.

I feel I should Update my rgh's dash now for the sake of it. Haven't updated once this year, can you go from outdated shit to newest or will I have to go to 360iso and look for each update manually?

Also what causes jtags/xbox's to go paid stealth servers anyways, why didn't the hackers just charge for the initial program rather than make you pay for their services & xbls

After the first update it won't even matter.
We'll know soon enough if the cart dump is any different from the eshop version in any way.

Alright this poll is fucking stupid so I made a new one
goo gl/forms/ZxuGJJC2gkBKZjfn1

>Bought a E3 flasher for PS3
>Turns out to be a fake clone
fml

What are the requirements for RGH/JTAG?
I have a xbox360 just sitting here. Never soldered before but would be willing to learn.

We'll get an unban method soon r-right?

I purchased mine off se7ensins since I can't solder or do shit that takes skill but se7ensins.com/forums/threads/jtag-rgh-r-jtag-xbox-360-ultimate-exploit-guide.804054/ should help.

If nothing else buy one from their trading section I guess.

>everyone mocked me for using gateway in 2016
>didn't get banned because I didn't use .cia for pokemon sun
Feels good 2bh

there is already a method to unban online play. only thing that is probably done for is the eshop. but honestly if you have a9lh there is no use for eshop anyway.

Probably not.

Word

Not using a gateway either and playing Sun too and not banned.
Your logic is retarded and so is still using a gateway for anything other than extra space SD cards.

>tfw not retarded enough to access online features of a game that has not been released
Feels good

you /vp/ fucks deserve to get banned for shitting up /hbg/ for weeks about pokemon

The dash is updated by a reflash via xell and then an usb update to get kinext avatar shit working, which is piss easy. Just jump to latest using rgbuild gui.

The title updates are an annoyance because we used to keep those in a repository and I've long since lost track of what the fucks going on there.

Every time the dash is updated the 'codes' if you will, change. It's a simple enough process to update them but why do it for free when you can make shekels? They give you a plugin that hijacks the handshake and instead sends it to the server which then stamps and signs it in a manner that won't make live ban your ass (they know the 'correct' response and replicate it for your console to show live).
A hacked console will of course fail these checks by itself because it will only do what it's been programmed to when authenticating, the truth.

Fuckin' this.
Pokemon GO back to

Someone on gbatemp said deleting certs.db from the dbs folder generates a new one? is this legit? do you also need to change the LocalFriendCodeSeed_B if so?

I didnt go nline, but I playedon't with WiFi on and I'm banned.

I run both gateway and cfw. Why limit yourself to one filetype? It also has benefits like not getting banned for going online in an unreleased game.

Someone said that wasnt working with this one. But maybe they just meant it wasnt working for eshop.

.3dz wins again

JTAG requires a console that hasn't been updated since mid-2009. RGH works on any dashboard and on most models, except the Winchester. Requires you to buy and solder some hardware (NAND dumper and a glitch chip). Alternatively you can buy one premodded or pay someone to mod yours, check se7ensins or team-xecuter forums.

He's probably talking about certs.db cloning, which indeed works.

Just need to find someone with mutual trust to do it.

this bricks your handheld

'Ok so I injected certs.db from my other 3ds into my banned 3DS and localfriendseed b from y other 3ds into my banned 3ds and now I can access my friend list and play online, but not going into eshop'

this method is confirmed working to play games online again.

user, you know they'll all be back for weeks bitching about

>unban when?! >:(
>m-muh idiocy!

You know in about 4 hours this place will be flooded with /vp/ shitheels asking about how to unban their console right? Right?

>Implying /vp/ isn't full of buyfags that bought the limited edition 3DS and the game too, just to get the statue

go look. There's 10 threads up of people crying about bans

>gateway
Throw that outdated piece of shit away already. It has always been shit, and now it's also outdated. There's no excuse to keep it around.

>Why limit yourself to one filetype?
It's pointless. Gateway's software is shit, .cci support isn't going to make Gateway in general less shit.

>It also has benefits like not getting banned for going online in an unreleased game.
Nice lie, faggot.

No. Or else they'd have banned a lot of people

well shit, is checking the eshop safe, or is that the flag that triggers it?

neat I'll have to update my rgh when I unpack then thanks user.

also couldn't someone who knows that stuff make a program or something that's free and does the same thing? or no? I get it'll never likely happen but wouldn't others be able to replicate providing they knew what to make it send back?

/vp/ posters don't have jobs, they are smelly NEETs.