/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

DING DONG BANNU Edition, please wait warmly.

Blast from the past: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Banwave hits people who played Pokemon Sun/Moon online, presumably only those who used Wonder Trade. Unban method is being researched.
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users.
-New exploits that allow to downgrade from 11.1 are going to be released soon. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
-You can downgrade from 11.0, 11.1 and 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. Check Plailect's guide.

>Wii U
-Preview version of hexFW released.
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/
-You can run games from USB without IOSU.

>Vita
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/
-Rumor from a reputable warez group that hacks are coming soon. wololo.net/2016/11/02/ps4-xbox-one-hacks-trsi-announces-warez-getting-close/

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Kotaku/status/798915444086214657
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfncpQjTz4tS1m8k-NvAyU81zrSAWhlOlPNuibaOg_MbHjXfA/viewform?c=0&w=1
plailect.github.io/Guide/homebrew-launcher-(browser)
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5d84vo/got_banned_using_wonder_trade_on_pokemon_moon_be/da2vy9u/
discord.gg/MWxPgEp
i.imgur.com/VC8DIdB.png
gbatemp.net/threads/release-miiverse-custom-image-tool.415505/page-69#post-6787736
mega.nz/#F!Nk8mkLiD!t6ydjvltZVJsfhqoCAcejw
mega.nz/#F!ghtAVAAZ!eamUCiwMFPTlULNgKjPo7Q
i.imgur.com/Azf4QHQ.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

twitter.com/Kotaku/status/798915444086214657
What did they mean by "that"?

>tfw not banned
only played the first 5 min or so and got bored

switchax when?

source on retail carts being banned from online too?
where do you see 'that'?

The first hour of the game is almost unbearable

How realistic is it to get a below 11.0 firmware New 3ds in a store? Would it be more or less likely if it were new vs used?

>Banwave hits people who played Pokemon Sun/Moon online, presumably only those who used Wonder Trade
Bullshit I didn`t go online and I`m banned

>source on retail carts being banned from online too?
It's whoever went online when the game wasn't released. Nintendo told reviewers not to go online to not get banned. Those people that are banned with carts are those that broke the street date and went online. If you go online when the game is actually out then you're safe. This is just the easiest method of banning pirates.

8th for
READ THE FUCKING THREAD BEFORE POSTING.
YOUR QUESTION HAS PROBABLY BEEN ANSWERED.
IF YOU CANT FIND IT IN THE LAST THREAD ( ) OR THIS ONE, FEEL FREE TO ASK IF ITS NOT IN THE OP OR THE THREAD.

READ THE THREAD. LURK MORE.

How did they know you were playing if you didn't go online?

There are many ways to "get online" in sun and moon. You were a tard who chose one of those many options.

Is this true?

kys fagget

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfncpQjTz4tS1m8k-NvAyU81zrSAWhlOlPNuibaOg_MbHjXfA/viewform?c=0&w=1

VOTE EVEN IF YOU DIDNT GET BANNED

I didn't get banned, what a retard form

I hope I can use pokebank eventually, I didn't have anything in it but still want to use it for importing mons from gen 6 in January.

Fuck me for going online.

Why didnt you put some specific info about the ban in the OP, now we're going to have to deal with another shit thread

>VOTE EVEN IF YOU DIDNT GET BANNED
Why the fuck would I do that when it asks which error I'm getting

I have Luma3ds and filthy emunand/sysnand peasant, do I need to install anything special to use custom themes on my 3ds ? how does this custom theme shit work

its a reddit form

So 2812 is for a permaban and 002 just 15 days ban?

So I've abandoned Gateway and installed the whole arm9 shit. Sadly my entire library of games are in .3ds format, do I have to convert them all to .cia or can I still play them somehow?

Also my microSD is twice as big as my SD card, can I just copy+paste everything from the arm9 card to the microSD card?

are you that desperate retard from last night?

You can still use your red card.

go into home-brew and there will be chhthemes or something. you'll put the downloaded theme in the themes folder and install with that

the eshop one is permanent presumably (makes no sense they now give you no choice but piracy I guess) until luma or some cfw includes a way to spoof shit.

So Nintendo banning piratefags for playing Pokemon illegally is wrong?
Are you guys retarded? That's probably why you guys got banned in the first place

I'm currently trying to get a stock 10.5 japanese 3ds to arm9loaderhax, and have successfully accessed the homebrew launcher via this guide:
plailect.github.io/Guide/homebrew-launcher-(browser)

Before I format the system and downgrade to 9.2, I would like to backup the save data of the games on the system and store them on my PC.

I have attempted to use JK save manager via the homebrew launcher, but it does not seem to detect the Japanese games on the system.
Therefore, I am looking for a save manager that supports japanese games. Apparently, there is a JK save manager .cia that has japanese game support, but I do not think I am capable of installing .cias on the system.

Does anyone know of a suitable save manager or method to backup japanese game saves?

022-2812 is eshop permaban (allegedly)
002 is online temp ban (15 days(allegedly))

i get 2812 in eshop/nnid settings
002 in everything else

I just went back to my O3DS and the NNID seems fine. I want to see if transfering my NNID would fix my N3DS but I was told it was a console ban.

Does that mean if I completely destroy my N3DS NNID I can't play online even as a completely new user? Because that means that I couldn't even sell my 3DS not that I'd want to.

no im the desperate retard from right now

>VOTE EVEN IF YOU DIDNT GET BANNED
>no option to say you weren't banned

UNBAN NOW

NOOOOWWWWW

I accidentally deleted my themes.cia made with howling theme tool. anyway to extract them from my 3ds?

UNBAN COMING

IN 5 HOURS :^)

>So Nintendo banning piratefags for playing Pokemon illegally is wrong?
>Are you guys retarded? That's probably why you guys got banned in the first place
Yes they are all retarded that's why they got banned from vitagen, they don't have the iq required

Could you keep it down? You're ruining my immersion.

What if Im getting both?

IF NINTENDO DOESNT UNBAN ME NOW....I'll buy a PS4 PRO....with BLOODBOURNE. NOW NINTENDO, im not joking!

>banned from vitagen
>banned for playing 3ds games
Explain please.

How? Avoiding the browser exploit is the whole reason I chose to do this.

Hey /hbg/, I'm retarded. I think I've worked out to do a9lh on my old3DSXL, but can I run it by y'all just to make sure?
SysNAND 9.2.0-20U
EmuNAND RX-E 11.0.0-33U
My 3DS is hacked the old way, using rxtools. So I basically just ignore all I did before and follow the guide in OP, using the 9.2.0-20U SysNAND?
>load Decrypt9 through browser
>ctrnand to 2.1.0
>install a9lh + Luma, stop there
>GodMode9 to get my EmuNAND stuff
>restore with Hourglass

And then I can just update and do whatever without risk, right? I can just leave all my current EmuNAND stuff on the SD card?

I literally bought a ps4 slim with bloodborne a few hours ago.
and im not even banned

Yep, you got it.

KEK NINTENDO
THIS IS ONLY A 15 DAY BAN HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5d84vo/got_banned_using_wonder_trade_on_pokemon_moon_be/da2vy9u/

Buy me one too,ill give you the money when i can access the eshop again.

source?

All right, thanks user. Time to get to it.

yes, that's basically the whole thing. you assume you are on a clean 9.2 sysnand, then, after installing a9lh, you move emu to sys (just before section IV in "installing a9lh"), skip Section IV and V of installing arm9loaderhax page, and finish up the guide

What the fuck is this shit?

But the online play ban is bypassable already. Why the fuck is the eshop ban permanent, it's bullshit.

then welcome to the club. no workaround for 022-2812 (yet?).

Don't get your hopes up as it's pure speculation, but it's possible that both bans are temporary due to the number of innocents caught up in it (people who bought from stores that broke street date), and could lift on launch (not likely) or in 15 days.

PROMOTIONS

Someone will come up with a solution. It's probably just mac address, we just need to spoof it.

don't play leak games online nigger

al9h doesn't use split NANDs, it just runs a CFW on the sysNAND. Just follow the Plailect guide and follow the steps to backup everything from your emuNAND.

I wish freeshop downloaded transferrable shit I literally just need dsiware desu. fucking eshop bans are pointless they want us to pirate more? I really don't get the logic. Here's hoping luma adds spoofing.

Wait

The online play ban is passable?

Well fuck I don't even use eshop anymore why are we worried?

>playing online before release
plain retarded

SWWWWWWWWWWITCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHH HAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX WHHHHHEEEENNNN

i just did the system transfer shit, currently on the homebrew menu on my target n3dsxl. Did everything right from the guide, dont know what to do next. Can someone instruct me.

That fucking rotom dex is worse than navy and the fucking cutscenes and forced progress jesus fuck. Does it get any better? I'm 1:30 in

Because people are idiots

I need the dsiware title and that steelhax shit so I only care about eshop. but to bypass the other shit you need either 2 consoles or maybe you can just use a fresh emunand to bypass (dunno about that option but no one's tried.) read the gbatemp thread.

five hours after release

join discord.gg/MWxPgEp and maybe i'll help you

What we know so far:

>People using Lurantis' CIA file online have been banned
>Reviewers using online a copy that Nintendo sent them have been banned
>People sold a copy early by a game store online have been banned
>Online play can be unbanned by following these directions i.imgur.com/VC8DIdB.png
>Festival Plaza online can trigger a ban
>Some people scraped by without a ban even though they played online

What we're unsure of so far:

>Mystery Gift causing bans
>enMTW helping us or doing anything to unban people
>Whether this ban is temporary, permanent, or a mix

What has been disproved so far:

>Certs.db in not involved

something like
gbatemp.net/threads/release-miiverse-custom-image-tool.415505/page-69#post-6787736 perhaps?

They forgot ***with a second 3ds

Since I switched to a9lh I can't access the Homebrew menu because it loads on the ctrboot manager, how can I access it? I need to unban myself using decrypt9.

Im only getting 022 when trying to access the eshop, Im not really too concerned as I don't use my 3DS online at all anymore. But still is lame.

BLOWN

>not using a homebrewchannel.cia installer

THE

PUT THIS IN THE OP

post menu guys and list the last three games you played
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones
Boktai : The Sun is in your Hand

also too lazy to install pkm SM.

mega.nz/#F!Nk8mkLiD!t6ydjvltZVJsfhqoCAcejw (Asanagi/DanMachi)

mega.nz/#F!ghtAVAAZ!eamUCiwMFPTlULNgKjPo7Q
(Asanagi/Kantai Collection)

suggest me some artist or art to make some NSFW themes

I'm using it, but the ctr boot still kicks in.

>implying people read OP
Put it in the first post after OP, so you can link to it.

Perhaps. I'll give it a go.

If you using Luma, you can install decrypt9 using luma payloads
3ds\luma\payloads, put Decrypt9WIP.bin in and rename it to x_Decrypt9.bin

Then just hold X when you turn the 3DS on.

Why are people worried about online anyway. Wait until Friday and play online all you want

The falseflagging is unreal

>Going online in a game not yet released to the public and not expecting to get banned

I'm not a programming genius but god damn you people lack common sense.

Please tell me where this panties-on-head baka is from.

>3.63 NEVER EVER

Shadowbears.

"there's no way it'll work"
>oshititworked
"well, i'm fucked now. time to abuse it"

>>Reviewers using online a copy that Nintendo sent them have been banned

WHAT THE FUCK IS A CERT

Is there a way to transfer a save from a hacked 3DS to a non hacked one?

So none of this matters. Why the hell are you going online when it hasn't been released?

I wanted to evolve my Scyther.

Anything non-futa by ban! please. Preferably his new lusamine art i.imgur.com/Azf4QHQ.jpg

Where the FUCK is my ePSP?

Stop kidding yourself. As much as I wish it where true and Nintendo backpedals because of the people with legit copies (got banned myself), Nintendo specified in their response that pirats where online. Pretty sure it had something to do with the .cia.