I need help

My mother is 57 years old and currently lost her job. She has lots of experience but not enough education to get another job that pays sufficiently. She's drowning in debt and needs help asap, what jobs can she get that will pay 25+ an hour and will hire someone at her age. Also what are some ways to find these jobs. Please help

No shit you need help.

How the fuck do you expect to get any serious advice? Jobs that pay 25+ an hour typically require EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE.

Without even mentioning what EXPERIENCE you mother has, how can you expect any help?

How much does she have saved for retirement?

There are many certification courses out there for her. Consider paralegal work, administrative assistants or even a sales representative.

> drowning in debt

Well why is she drowning in debt? Is she taking care of more than just herself?

What is her field? What has she been doing?

Jobs that pay more than $15/hr don't grow on trees. You need to be good at something and know someone who likes you.

She could surf linkedin. She should have a profile if she does not already.

Posts like these crack me up.

All she needs to do is strap on her job helmet and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies!

If she really does have years of experience, that can be just as good as an associate's degree at the very least...

Thank you based Charlie Day

Maybe she should look for a job, I dunno, in the field where she apparently has "lots of experience" ???

Her main field of intrest Is HR. Shes really really struggling and I'm leaving soon please help I cant see her like this anymore

Her main problem is her age

What was she hired in before?
Why does she have debt?

She was the director of operations at a private school for 11 years and she's in debt mainly due to incorrect saving and investments

her age is absolutely a problem, sadly.

She has to apply to jobs in her field and pray

Does she have any special skills, like speaking a foreign language?

Get her some kneepads for Chirstmas!

How does she bypass the the age thing?

Search for jobs online or reach out to connections/her network

No unfortunately not

Why did she lose her last job? Think about declaring bankruptcy.

I don't know if she'll be up for that

you can't really just apply and make sure u dont look like you'll croak over at the interview.

btw i highly would recommend bankruptcy

Why? What are the benifits? I mean I know what it is but still

you destroy all your debt (Except student loans)

it depends on what state shes in, but she can protect some of her assets depending on the state. does she own anythng?

>mom worked all her life
>drowning in debts

Maybe if you got out of the basement and helped a little

HR fag here, sorry to break it to you user but HR is pretty saturated these days. Way too many 20 somethings who want a cushy office job pushing paper and choose an HR career path.

Like said, they can get someone who is 22 and have them do the same job for 1/2 the money.

Your momma is gonna really need to hustle to get another job. HR is tough these days.

Bankruptcy is often a good solution. In many cases you can keep some assets and money.

She may want to speak with a bankruptcy attorney to get some ideas.

How the fuck was she drowning in debt with a job?

OP said she blew her money on bad investments.

Whatever the fuck that means.

I heard truck dispatchers get in the range of 20-25, they look for older women with good communication skills.

Also, what kind of debt? Is she tied down to a mortgage? Where do you live? These are important.

She needs to (obviously) lower her cost of living and consolidate the debt as much as she can. But at 57, bankruptcy might be the best option -- and riding it out until she can cash in that sweet, sweet social security.