/mmog/ - mmo general

This general is for discussing new and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Unlocalized MMOs
pastebin.com/uZyHtnDD

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ox-1odF6ODs
youtu.be/LvIj3_n0v5U
us.dragonnest.com/events/2016/nov-update#
ro.my.com/en/news/announcements/week-review-04112016
ro.my.com/
rev.mail.ru/
tianyu.163.com/
pastebin.com/SWMZbSgY
nogaruka.net/revelationonline/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rrJOLoJsO-Cqgo7BPZ8YZFFyq6JM9BWQRf2Rgv3tXTY/edit#gid=448077723
ro.my.com/forum/thread/14531-the-soul-grid-simulator/
pastebin.com/MFFLfnWj
steamcommunity.com/groups/RevelationOnlineGeneral
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Srams are the cutest.

are any of you good at pvp

I'm a pve babby

Only if the main focus of the game is PvP, otherwise I wont waste my time on it.

I still remember when MapleStory implemented PvP. They removed it.

i think the turn timer in dofus is just a tiny bit to short
what it probably needs is to add a few seconds with each action

That's a common complain in Wakfu as well. It'll never happen.

i am not sure why the timer even exists during solo play

yes, i excel naturally at it

I R I N E
R
I
N
E

i was pretty good at the battlegrounds in wow
especially the capture the flag lumber camp one

>redownload wakfu
>sufokia is the same as before, fucking empty

Wakfu or Dofus?
I can't choose.

Dofus is shit if you're a free player.

youtube.com/watch?v=ox-1odF6ODs

So the TCG theme in MMOs is the new fad?

I heard people say you can subscribe with ingame money, is it too hard?

Looks like a mobile game.

its not very expensive though

Yup, extremely. Maybe after 6 months as a sub player you can get enough in game gold to resub for 'free'. But it's still throwing away your money when you can upgrade your gear and shit.

Fuck, Wakfu it is then.

You can't buy CS stuff with in game money in Wakfu. So unless you want to multiclient you're going to have a long time to advance.

Wakfu is so dead, ankama sells you subscription for multiclient

>they sell you a quality of life change
Nothing wrong with it, phamalam.

I miss when Wakfu was in beta. It was so much fun then they made it a sub when it was really bare bones. Shit killed my drive to ever play Wakfu again. On that note you ready for Nox to come back in season 3?

Is he going to be a good guy now? I just want his suffering to end.

Would be better if you had people to play with. Playing a mmo solo makes me sad. I think that's why I can't stick to DN. I really enjoy the game but it takes me forever to get to end game and play with other people.
No idea mate they just showed him for a second. Here is the video youtu.be/LvIj3_n0v5U

What killed it for me is that it was forcing you to play with a party. I'm fine with partying with people but if there's no one to party with you can't even do dungeons that's way below your level.

Well when it was alive they should added a partyfinder when they seen it was dying. Maybe more people would have did dungeons then.

Help, I'm stuck at Great Marsh, can't find Flayer Jungle.

Yup. Updates takes fucking forever. It was just recently where you had to buy multiple subscriptions if you play on multiple servers.
But I guess it's to be expected since they're way understaffed.

There is dfinder in wakfu.
But they almost ninja added it, so most people dont even know about it

You think that would have been a big deal to try and boost player flow into the game. But hey I never ran a mmo before. Just been playing them for 11 years.

Are you fucking kidding me? No they didn't. They're been hyping that update for 3 months before it even went live. The wakfu general was always shitposting about how it'll save the game.

talking to all the npcs in dofus i get the feeling that at some point they made huge map changes and a lot of the dialogue writers were not happy about it.

also the grocerys only selling milk

You don't like milk?

no i like milk but every grocer you talk to talks about how they used to sell more then milk or act like they do sell more then milk

in fact im going to go drink some milk right now (from my fridge that is seems pointless in game)

hell every second npc you talk to talks about things they used to do

im gonna have to check out those upcoming clasic servers (holy shit that was a passive agressive dev blog post)

I don't care how ded or bad wakfu is.

I log-in, collect berries and shit, then the next thing I know it's 3am.
That's all I need.

i like when games make all my time disappear and really suck me into the world

makes me not think of how much i hate my real life and want to die

oh wait these classic servers are already up
not for linux yet it seems and i doubt they will bother.

in my expirence as a general rule when a huge amount of the comunity is clamoring for a return to a pre revamp time its beause the revamp was a mistake

Yea general.
But wakfu site? Nova shilled it a little and thats all.

the strangest change is there aparently used to be a place outside ashtrum to choose your alingment but then they changed it to needing to travel all the way to the citys for some reason

Some of you guys are alright don't go to Port Hermalte tomorow

New DN update coming on the 24th (?)
Prof K is back baby
us.dragonnest.com/events/2016/nov-update#

I don't think we're getting tinkies awakening though ;_;

Anyone playing Hyper Universe right now? It's that new AoS-esque beat'emup NexonKR just released.

To those who did the 100 runs event on DNSEA, the rewards (including 21 Gacha Boxes, per-character basis) are here.
Best of luck, motherfuckers.

I'm pretty good with paladins in Dragon Nest

20 Octagonal water and 1 pair of wings that i already have, thank you RNGeesus

>45
>still 35 levels to slog through before the game gets interesting
>hopefully

I don't think I am going to make it.

Good, you'll just be complaining how annoying the higher levels are anyways.

>Download private server
>Blah blah blah
>Hop back on regular servers
>Button to open cash shop opens the private servers website
2 entirely different game downloads not linked in any way
The fuck is this sorcery

I want the game to actually present a challenge and that's all.

Too bad. Welcome to modern MMOs, where the fun starts at endgame and everything before that is just the tutorial.

Do you think if Trump builds a wall, he'll also build an IP banning wall keeping mexicans and BRs off of NA servers

>Welcome to modern MMOs

I wish the people that ruined the challenge of MMOs all dropped dead.

>mexicans and BRs and Russians

fixed

>I miss when Wakfu was in beta

me too senpai
shit was so alive and had so much potential, then they made it p2p and started adding content outside the nations making them irrelevant, instead of expanding them.

>jews run both official and provate servers

Do you still have to jump through hoops to download Bless?

Also getting a 503 error from their website.

I just want you to stop your incessant bitching desu

BEST WAIFU
E
S
T

W
A
I
F
U

I auctualy thought she was male at first.
Still just as great.

Too bad Wakfu/Dofus has nothing else redeming it except for waifus

Did Russians rape you in pvp cyka?

The lore sorounding the gods is pretty nice.

Also the sexual humor is all top notch.

>Multiboxing
>Quality of life
Ankama should've banned all multiboxers or limited it so you can only have 1 game client opened per Ip

Multiboxing is what is killing Wakfu/Dofus
nobody cares about partying to help other players anymore and everyone just plays this game like a offline mmo by just interacting with themselves
why would they invite you to do end-game content?, by not having 6 2 with heroes system that lets you use 3 characters for clients clients opened and do the end-game content all by themselves they are losing loot and money

>like a offline mmo

Sounds good to me.

you forgot Australians

fuck man there's so much wakfu discussion going but i dont wanna go back to it ;_;

So to those playing skysaga can add water to your personal island?

also a little PSA for wakfufags, having a feca in ANY dungeon runs make the runs hella comfier, take my words

desu?

Feca a shit

Anyone here play Twin Saga?
And what should I think about aeria game? I haven't played one from them before.

So, we playing Wakfu?

Only those who have never played it and thus don't know the disappointment that awaits them.

God, no

The developer, X-legend are known for copy-pasting features from their previous games. But to be honest even copy-pasted features work good and fit well in most cases. Despite being a chinese developer, I'm yet to see any stolen asset from other games, only 'look-alikes'.
Twin Saga and especially Aura Kingdom are pretty popular among japanese. Not Final Fantasy 14-tier popular, but still there are plenty of fanart and videos from japanese servers.

While I had mostly positive experience with the games, Aeria, as a publisher, is very jewish. They will not hinder your progress or fuck up your leveling in any way but their cash-shop usually contains most of the 'featured' game stuff. Like in Aura Kingdom one of the main feature was waifusEidolon. Basically an NPC-party member with unique skills, interactions etc. The updates often feature new eidolons, and the only way to get them is to buy them from the cash-shop.

Needless to say PVP is pay to win. But I've never been interested in PVP in mmos so I can't say anything about it. I'm glad it's optional.
You can always play TS on a private server though.

Also as a side question: Have anyone here played any X-legend game on a japanese or chinese server? Not counting 'more content', are there any major differences like the way cash-shop works?

Revpasta!

>What is Revelation Online?
Revelation Online is a Chinese Xianxia-themed F2P MMORPG with a large amount of diverse content for any type and level of player.

>Current News
ro.my.com/en/news/announcements/week-review-04112016

>Official Links
ro.my.com/
rev.mail.ru/
tianyu.163.com/

>FAQ - INFORMATIVE! READ BEFORE POSTING!
pastebin.com/SWMZbSgY

>Resources
Skill Calculator: nogaruka.net/revelationonline/
Stat Calculator: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rrJOLoJsO-Cqgo7BPZ8YZFFyq6JM9BWQRf2Rgv3tXTY/edit#gid=448077723
Soul Grid Simulator: ro.my.com/forum/thread/14531-the-soul-grid-simulator/

>Can I play now?
You can if you download and play the Chinese version, which is currently in OB. The first CBT went from 11/3 to 11/17, and the second CBT hasn't been announced yet.

>/revog/ Guilds
pastebin.com/MFFLfnWj

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/RevelationOnlineGeneral

>want to play multiplayer pvp with customization and rpg-ish
>try mmorpgs
>always realize i have no time to grind forever, forever
>have to play mobas where customization is barebones

You could try something that time-locks your progression, like , ArcheAge, or DN. That way you don't need to play past doing the bare minimum if you don't want to for that day.

OBT WHEN?!

Is anyone else here even playing skysaga?

I want to play something that will give me a sense of adventure. I want something that feels more like a ''virtual world'' than just a video game. No streamlined questing, no endgame, focus on leveling, just a place I can get lost in for hours and hours.

I tried out Project Gorgon a while back and it was fun for a week or two but the world quickly started feeling small. It's probably because the game is in it's early stages, will have to wait for it to fully develop.

I've been thinking of trying out Project 1999 but it looks intimidating.
Something more casual like vanilla World of Warcraft would be great, also.

Unfortunately there aren't a lot of newer games like that. You're going to have to settle for something older, like P1999, or wait until other games leave the development stage.

you can try doing professions/gathering on wakfu, but then again, its wakfu

So minecraft?

DN only time locks your progression if you only have one character. If you really want to make money you either need a ton of farm alts and play farmville all day, do nothing but dailies and nest runs over and over, or sell raid runs once you're geared with geared friends.

I've played it since beta, always loved it.

show mark of autism

You mean the crafting shit?
I never bothered with it, all I did was either grind mobs, do dungeons, or mine all day.

I didn't really play it religiously, maybe that has something to do with why I don't hate it.

>playing since beta
>no MoA
>wants anyone to take his words seriously

ThisYou're really better off looking for procedurally generated stuff like Starbound, Terraria, Trove maybe.

It's not like I want you to take my opinion seriously, I'd be a little worried if you did, I'm just an anonymous poster on a peruvian basket-weaving imageboard.

Don't like any of that shite. I want it to be based around Tolkien universe rules and I want to be a mighty warrior with a sword and shield

I'm guessing Rift is deadgame?