freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/999Greyfox
youtube.com/watch?v=0NBw7k3XWjo
youtube.com/watch?v=UgHu_WAyspI
boustrophedon.itch.io/you-are-a-torpedo-ai
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw glitch

I can't figure out my gimmick for my platformer.
Pls help.

>he uses unity
>he calls himself a "game dev"

Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

I can't figure out basic shit in Unity, I guess I'll go back to making games on Excel.

The only real-time 2D games I enjoy are ones that make use of physics like Gish and Hammerfight

So have lots of physics, maybe make everything destructible.

What you use doesn't define you. You can use your own shitty engine and you won't be a game dev unless you actually make a game

It's alright user. When I first was learning how to use Game Maker, no matter how much I tried, I just couldn't wrap my head around scripting (more of a musician than a programmer). What I ended up doing was watching just about every single tutorial from Shaun Spalding and making a bunch of projects that I would end up dropping.

You won't get very far if you try to do this on your own because as a kind user told me a long time ago "GML is about 10% knowing how to code and 90% knowing the built in functions". Watch/Read tutorials, read the official support document (it's very helpful and if you middle click on a word in the script editor, it'll take you right to its entry) and fiddle around with small shitty games, and never be too prideful to google your problem because you'll most likely not only find every answer you need, but also have them explained in detail.

Shaun Spalding's youtube (very good for absolute beginners): youtube.com/user/999Greyfox

Also don't worry about dialog for now. That's fairly complex relative to coding movement.

>Not a single negative answer to the guy having trouble with GML
>Bob Ross OP

Thanks, guys, I needed that. It's worth returning to agdg after all.

Oy fuck off stop ripping off my BLOCKO game.

Some accidental drifting

getting grindhouse vibes from this. I hope you add texas chainsaw massacre van to this

youtube.com/watch?v=0NBw7k3XWjo

you better keep that in as a feature to rack up points. i like it

youtube.com/watch?v=UgHu_WAyspI

Looks slick, user.

I have already made a chevy van unfortunately.

Is this dead games general?

>games
I doubt you'll find that here.

Carlos!

>he has entities run their own update or draw methods

fucking kek

?

as suggested by an user, lvl 3 whip is now a bone fist

That's nice.

>he rounds the price of his game instead of using .99 on the end

it's like you don't want money

>wanting your game's price to have floating point errors

>Wanting to lose thousands of dollars

BONEFIST

>ever using floats to represent currency on the backend in a financial system

What are some must haves for grid based tactics games?

Are there any games where the tiles you move on become your "territory" permanently that grants your units various buffs? I think that would add a cool element of territory control to these games

Like Civilization?

oh god, using unique decks for each location makes the game feel much better

Never played it tbqh

But sounds fun

I want to make a fire emblem style multiplayer game where you also control the map

when you think of feeling claustrophobic, do you usually associate that with warm temperatures or cold temperatures?

i would say warm but i want to see what others think

warm

Warm

Definitely warm. Panic doesn't feel cold. Small spaces are easier to heat up.

This your new form of meltdown for the day sourcefam?
>literally has never made a game in 3+ years of camping in agdg
>somehow manages to get his anus twisted up about Unity and GMS
You're like that kid who talks shit about Chevy or FORD cars and rides a bicycle to the grocery to buy his mom her cigarettes. Actually on second thought - you are that kid. Kys.

Love it. Any idea when you think the entire game (sans post launch content) will be done?

>he has no game
>...

REMINDER THAT DINOSAUR JAM STARTS IN 11 HOURS

>got 99 ideas
>a game ain't one
Biggest issue is art.
Even the first lesson on drawabox is too hard. Is it supposed to be like this or am I just retarded?

two demo days more, maybe

Make everything using basic geometry user

The pull cube is a green cube you pull instead of push.

>tfw you play games all day instead of working on yours

how do i kill myself

captain toad but bad

Looks like a certain nintendo game but worse. You should also fix that clock color.

Remove the milliseconds. Everything else is so looking smooth but then there's some fucking useless digits in the corner spazzing the fuck out.

Your art is getting worse the more you post. Looks like your gonna have to steal more from nintendo.

Why is the timer text cartoon vomit green? It's hard to read and looks awful. Also this:

That's mean. Also funny.

>nintendo rip-off
hope you are not going to sell it

FUCKING SHIT ART FUCKING SHIT NINTENDO CLONE.

Am I cool yet guys? Am I doing it right?

toads like worse, but captain look

In GM:S, do scripts called from an object have access to the variables of the calling object?

As in, if I have an object obj_player with a state machine defined by the variable currentState and the enum STATE, and I call a script, could the script change say "currentState = STATE.jump" without my having passed those as arguments?

Variable scope is the fucking worst.

calm down kid

guess what I am making ;)

pic related.

Am I the only one that admires he still works on this game and posts here while constantly getting shitposted for like 6+ months?

Nintendo clone.

haha nice man, that rolling animal kills me everytime.

This was okay pretty much every time I tried it. Still not sure what caused it to fail the literal only time.

So, yes, basically.

What do you think about my Breakout game?

>it works, except when it doesn't
That's GameMaker for you. Fuck me.

Thanks, user.

well fuck enjoy your 30 million

no, you should talk more about how you have no ideas for a game and how you spent more time doing nothing than actually working on your game.These are the only acceptable posts for this thread.

what the fuck? dont bully

>everyone hates useless source posting shitposts.
>everyone posts useless shitposts at bokudev. Every-time he posts progress.

fucking agdg. What kinda posts do you even want here fuckers.

Repost from old thread.

I added combo system which rewards from keeping the combo up by upping the power of specials (fire balls has different levels for example, where on lvl3 they go through enemies). When getting hit, player loses one level and the levels decreases to 1 over time.

Now there has been debate whether the levels should be determined by this system or be tied to current HP of player.

I think the former is more interesting and dynamic than the latter, but latter works better with slower weapons and some weapons that has more interesting gimmick than just projectile. The latter is still somewhat dynamic as it does encourage to not get hit and PC can sacrifice corpses to regain HP, so it's active part of the gameplay.

Does anyone have any opinions on this?

Some more sneak peak ;)

pic related as well.

>write a parser for external UI styles for my game because maybe that one player will eventually want to edit the UI style
>worry about it taking a significant amount of startup time because a lot of string comparisions and what not
>runs in about 500~ μs

o-okay

source fags and shitposts

I fully believe there is a hidden agenda within agdg to shit on 3D games and keep attention on 2D pixel shit ones.

A 2D cult if you will.

very nice

you could also keep the combo system but lock the player out of level 3 if he's too hurt?

> memepixel platformer with reddit combat

oh wow...

>people talking about captain toad shit
>have no idea what it is and check it out
other than totally stolen aesthetics (even the boss is a bird) it's not that similar

i just got here but i don't know why everybody is being so hard on this guy, it looks awesome tqbh

Slower weapons build more combo per hit to compensate for their playstyle

#justOOPthings

Because he has good basic program but he doesn't do good things with it. Also his color palette is shit. There should be more warmer pastel colors

Dev was targeted by our shitposter some time ago.

Its the new hit meme to bully him clearly.

>reddit combat
what's that?

>he doesn't know Clarent
What does it feel to be new? First day on agdg must be exciting!

I'm new here and i think that rotating block game looks pretty good.

I would do it by health as your game doesn't seem like the kind of cuhrayzee meat grinder that is conducive to combo multipliers and whatnot.

Its sort of this
There is a circlejerk session within the agdg discord of a few bullies that hate the devs guts for some and constantly seem to shitpost him and end his feedback loops here.

Pretty disgusting when his game looks better than a lot of the 2D shit here.

fuck off twink

> if you hate Clarent you must be new
> We must all suck up to him

fucking bonefist was the best idea ive been gifted. i love it. ignore the whip level on the ui. it hasnt been implimented yet.

hey, your shaders are really nice! i remember when everything was way too bright and you couldn't get it right. i think you hit the sweet spot.
keep up the good work

looking good. just be careful since its very easy to use the infinite combo so make sure the combo system isnt too rewarding/easy to get. due to this i think dropping a level when hit would be better balance. maybe heavier weapons should give more combo/charge/thingy than faster weapons to compensate?

>posting the devs profile picture will help the bully meme.

You should judge him by his work instead of maturating to his faggot looks.

>showing off a new feature
>webm has several seconds of just getting there
>webm cuts off a fraction of a second after the new feature is revealed
???

>gay looking dev
>gay looking game

Stop posting.

>no dev
>no game

Get the fuck out source poster

He was talking about not knowing Clarent isn't meme not about hating or liking

If that is his girlfriend shes kinda QT. I thought he was a hot Asian trap into boys though does this mean I can't try to be his boyfriend?

Finally finished my game and I'm really proud of it.

boustrophedon.itch.io/you-are-a-torpedo-ai

I'm selling it for the very reasonable price of PAY WHAT YOU WANT.

-------
>pic
It took me 33 minutes to complete all 91 levels. The last 16 are really really hard.

>she
you're in for a surprise

>useless digits

those digits show you how much time you have in between seconds