/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5cq1hg/exploiting_dolphin_part_1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Emumemes

Which NES emulator supports the most mappers?

FCEUMM

Mesen

When will SP make PPSSPP great again?

Why that shit emulator?

What PSP emulator is better?

have you been seeding for the good of the Pleasuredome?

>using torrents
>in 2016

what's teh hip new method of downloading these days arry?

did poor user get shitlisted?

that's what happens when you ask a question

I was not, where do you get your games from?

I get them from pleasuredome, you assumer

>Trannies
endrift, Fiora, Recaptcha, Mooch
>Homosexuals
byuu, MooglyGuy
>Asexuals
mudlord
>Cuckolds
???

>mudlord Asexual
he gets boners sometimes for inexplicable reasons.
something to do with turtle-code

byuu actually says he's asexual. So, why he's in a gay marriage and so upset about Trump winning I don't know.

If you think the second option funneling into the third option like this:
>you're so close to having a legit gaming PC that you might as well expand the scope of your project and get a GTX 1060 6GB or better
isn't a high pressure sales tactic, you haven't talked to many home improvement salesmen in the past.

ePSP

Like I said, you'd have to have an extreme kind of social disorder for that to come across as a high-pressure situation.

You'd have to have an extreme kind of social disorder for "But just for today we'll give you 10% off that price" to come across as a high pressure sales tactic, but apparently it is. High pressure is just the name for it. it doesn't mean you're supposed to be sweating bullets over it.

>"But just for today we'll give you 10% off that price"
That's completely different than saying for $100 you can build a fully fledged gaming PC and not just an emulation box. To conflate the two is completely disingenuous.

Try this:
>But if you also get the deck add on set, we'll give you 50% off!

Seriously I don't know why people are hassling byuu for this. He's fucking POOR, dude. There's no way he can afford to buy every SNES game in mint condition

>He's fucking POOR, dude. There's no way he can afford to buy every SNES game in mint condition

>Implying he used his own money to buy them

Did he take out a loan to do it? Did people donate so he could buy it? Then isn't he constrained by how much they donate?

He maxed out his 401k loan, maxed out his credit cards, drained his savings, mortgaged his house.

Does byuu read /emugen/?

And sold his dog!

See image

>tfw I shitpost about byuu but never posted on his site

>>But if you also get the deck add on set, we'll give you 50% off!
First off, you need to have a discrete GPU for the PC that will emulate the 6th gen systems. I only suggested getting one that isn't completely outpaced by the CPU so you can also have a sensible gaming PC. So your analogy only works if you were already going to get some sort of "deck add on set", some how makes the "performance" of your deck remarkably better and the addition cost of that with the %50 savings comes out to about $100.
Oh, and you'd also have to just be talking to an anonymous poster on an image board, and not a salesperson.
So yeah, still not a remotely similar situation.

GPU: Deck
GPU TURBO X OVERCLOCKED GTXXX 6 GIGS OF RAM 1060: Deck Add on Set

Still upping the price for something he didn't ask for, deck salesman

i heard he only got married, to get tax cuts Smh..

I think that was actually his cover back when he was still in the closet.

up

SP's

Craw

Did he release the scans?

>GPU TURBO X OVERCLOCKED GTXXX 6 GIGS OF RAM 1060
Oh shit, did I just get memed on?
>Still upping the price for something he didn't ask for, deck salesman
Oh yeah, because I didn't give an option without it. Oh wait, I did. And it's super fucking easy for him to ignore the higher end one if he really does just want to stick to emulation like he said. I only suggested spending a little more money because IMHO it doesn't make sense to build a PC that's so close to being a really nice gaming rig instead of just waiting a few more paychecks/allowances/NEETchecks to have a machine that's capable of so much more.

There's low quality copies of the NA scans up on snescentral.

Who is /emugen/'s barneyfag?

im tard

Well duh, you're on Veeky Forums.

PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

based

Is this the hima meet up

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5cq1hg/exploiting_dolphin_part_1/

ya

The what?

I never heard of uniqlo but they're jeans look ok sort of like stuff at jcpenny how do I know these will fit

Hima meet up idiot
Hima
Hima
Hima
Hima
H
I
M
A
Hima

why are people spamming our dear emugen

this place sucks lets go raid somewhere else

byuu is a cuck

sigh they dont carry my size its tough being heavy set

Are we being raided by a 12 year old?

die freak

trump is gonna kill byuu maga

based flipping trump

4norms owned hard

"IS DOLPHIN THE NEW ZNES? CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT"

byuu did nothing wrong

emus are for poor people

Is somebody from another site trying to stir shit up here for some reason? Because we do a pretty good job of that ourselves.

More like we do a good job of wanting to start up shit but are too lazy to post and then the thread expires.

wheres based byuu

someone that hates website x goes to website y and ``attacks'' them hoping that it will backlash and website y will go to website x in revenge fulfilling that someones wish

What's wrong with torrents?

That's like asking what's wrong with breathing in pure carbon monoxide.

I want you to tell me what is wrong with torrents, not tell me what is wrong with breathing in pure carbon monoxide

I like how one guy (who's slowly trickling in downvotes) is pedaling gray hat hacking like his life depends on it.

>Why would you go to such lengths to exploit this and then immediately disclose the vulnerability to have it patched, rather than actually using the exploit?
>Exploits are a thing of beauty. I stand by my reasoning, however unpopular, that to find one and not use it is a massive waste.
> I wish he had done something creative with the exploit but oh well.

ZSNES isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw an emulator with such an ability and speed with Star Fox? ZSNES puts the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see an emulator with its skill and passion for snow menus again. Snes9x is optimized. Higan is cycle accurate. ZSNES breaks the rules. You can keep your transparency. I prefer the snow.

SuperFX overclock in bsnes-mercury is better than purely inaccurate timing.

eh "works fine for me"

make emugen great again

>you will never have your IP address hardcoded into the blacklist on byuu's server software

Then why do you need a GPU to run PS2 and up emus?

I've been using an OG Xbox for emulation purposes.

I'm looking into how to get the best video quality out of the original Xbox, and I see it had component cables. The problem is, my receiver doesn't accept component for 480p/720p/1080i or whatever the Xbox could do.

Any recommendations on how to convert the OG Xbox into HDMI?

>Oh yeah, because I didn't give an option without it. Oh wait, I did.
And you immediately invalidated that option by telling him essentially 'well if you're going to do this much for emulation you might as well become a peecee gamer and buy a real GPU'

Emulation of what?

Just get a PSTV or Android TV stick.

He just needs a component to HDMI box.

He needs to upgrade his emulation box.

Let it go.

Don't tell him what he has to do.

He should upgrade his emulation box.

I'm not one to use current year as an argument, but come on. It had its day.
He's reached the point where it's being deprecated by other devices and trying to string it along.

Can anyone recommend a good enough Android TV stick with OGL2 ES or something?

Android was the first thing I threw out but if you want there also Intel x86 sticks.

Android has shit-tons of input latency. You don't want to emulate on Android.

ZSNES did nothing wrong

It's hilarious how in say 2040 when Android and iOS have taken over and traditional PCs are dead, everyone will have ridiculous input latency and no one will be able to do anything about it

sorry guys i was a little flipping late had to cuddle with my sexy little baby alright we doing this ?

>Trannies
Lot more than that.
>he thinks people care enough about him to have ever visited his forum
topkek, what an autismo
I get so triggered whenever people recommend Android or rPi for shit-tier emulation. Why can't people just use their PCs?

Also, what's with all the shitposts in this thread? Is it byuu?

Normals are moving away from stand alone PCs since they're an expense they can do without. Some people browsing this site don't even have one probably.

>I get so triggered whenever people recommend Android or rPi for shit-tier emulation. Why can't people just use their PCs?
My guess is that people want a small and relatively inexpensive box to run emulators on. Facts being what they are though, ARM devices just aren't powerful enough to run reasonably accurate emulators. So the best that can be done for such a device is something like a NUC, Brix or similar PC.

MEGA
MAKE EMUGEN GREAT AGAIN DRIVE
MAKE EMUGEN GREAT AGAIN CD

Isn't it ironic how things are going backwards? As PCs got better and better, we saw emus try to harness that power for more accuracy, yet now so many people are moving away from PC and to dinky shit devices and there are pressures to make shit emus like the old days that will run on crap hardware

because they aren't autistic and accept performance over accuracy.

Now if only Dolphin and PCSX2current devs cared about that

and desmume