/gowg/ - Gears of War General #23

Build the Wall Edition

New Pack Info: gearsofwar.com/en-us/esports/columbus-supporter-pack

Available November 1 for Season Pass holders as part of the early access Developer Playlist*, Checkout and Dry Dock will also be introduced into free public playlists on November 8.
Read more at news.xbox.com/2016/10/28/new-gears-4-maps-debut-november-1

>10th Anniversary Packs Announced
gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/10YOGAnnounce

>Information regarding Gears of War 4
pastebin.com/kEd89b2n (dev blog links)
gearsofwar.com/en-us/developerblog (blog pages include art and videos)
pastebin.com/r75cDpuS (all exclusive pre-order, rewards and promotional content info)

>Gamertag List (you can request being put on the list from this page)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iwt78Sa0c3wV3Nen3fm-4LY5aRA6_G5xuIerZ7bR4Og/edit#gid=0

>Gears of War General Xbox Club
Download the Xbox App BETA from the store if on PC. Both Xbox and PC search for gowg on Xbox Clubs.

>Join the /gowg/ discord to chat or play with us
discord.gg/f9HCYCP

Previous Thread:

ded game, ded thread

>more RNG esports packs
Can't they just make it an airdrop so I don't have to worry about dupes?

the skins arent american enough

>paying for packs
>current year

maybe but lets at least limp to a new year

don't you want to support the game, goyim?

>tfw bought 5 elite packs in first week because i was mad about not having character skins i wanted
>still feeling the regret to this day as i have learned how easy it is to get credits, packs from leveling, and scrap

i want a refund

Good morning /gowg/!

what are you, uber black, it's midday.

It wasn't that easy starting out, but enough people bitching got TC panicking enough to somewhat remedy the RNGesus packs

Even still, just re-upping twice nails you 3 elite packs for free while playing Insane Horde can yield ez credits

No it's morning since it's 10:30 am in the only place that matters in the world.

Alaska.

Shut up Lewd.

We are ten posts in and already on page 10. We will never hit 25 threads at this rate

Is it worth buying operations packs?

I wouldn't mind getting a few versus bounties to rank up a little faster

Nah

Just buy Versus Boosters or Horde Boosters

Yeah, it's pretty depressing how fast this general died

I only want character skins.
I have 21k credits.

Should I save up for the timely crates aka Gary crate that just came out OR buy some cheap versus crates and scrap to gain my skinzzz

(I wish there was a Donald skin)

Buy cheap Versus or Horde crates.

If you REALLY want character skins you can even dip a bit into the Elite Packs.

3500 credits for 5 skins

2000 credits for 5 skins and 20 horde cards

not hard

>Donald skin with Columbus weapons
TC would finally get my shekels if they did this

>have to pay 10$ for a chance at getting an America weapon
fuck this shit

this

>not wanting to support the devs

Shiggy diggy!

Yeah I just really want to support eSports

Go OpTic!

wish more people played Gears

giant worm poster pls come back

He will come back sometime today and it will be amazing

whats the button to offer weapons to other players in versus?

LT+Y

never ever m8, this general is practically dead

I'm glad to have all the memories with you guys. I am content.

Call of Duty and Battlefield 1 are where all the normies have flocked to. Some of them are still on Gears though and they mostly play KOTH for some reason. I guess it's the infinite respawns that draws the shitters.

infinite respawns and good payout

I'm not
there is nowhere to talk about Gears

And yet it's the mode with the highest rate of quitters.

What I'm learning from the gears forums is that people with no jobs hate people with jobs

i don't get it, I really don't

It's weird. Assuming these people join for the infinite respawns and better payout, they sure do give up at the slightest hint of a bad taste. They die a few times? Boom, gone. They run in alone and die? Strike two. Enemy team wipes you in the first ring? See ya sucker.

And then they lose XP for quitting and also don't gain any of the XP or credits for finishing out a match. A loss in KOTH will still net you around 100 credits, compared to 160 if you performed well and also won.

But these people don't think about ANY of what I just wrote. They die a few times, have a bad game, and that's it. They punch their power button or quit the game and go play CoD instead. Not sure where they learned that it's okay to just pussy out and quit at the first signs of trouble. Then again it doesn't help that when there is 1 d/c who didn't load in or 1 quitter, the enemy team will ravenously hunt you for your blood and hoard all power weapons, plant nade traps, etc. and try to treat you like trash.

they really have to figure something out, it's really bad

>tfw will never get another RAAMs shadow tier DLC

They fucking better give us one just as good. 15 bucks for 6 skins plus a campaign expansion, versus 20 bucks for 2 skins and some garish weapon skins. Bullshit.

Would you guys buy a RAAM's Shadow remaster/remake made in Gears 4's engine?

We would actually get a skorge and karn shadow instead.

yes I would

I haven't actually played the game in two days. Still love you guys and this place

I haven't either, been busy, shit sux

Who would Skorge and Karn's respective shadows yield? Dizzy and Tai from Skorge? Classic Baird and Cole from Karn?

I think I might as well

>gears 2 and 3 remaster with all dlc for 30$ never

I'd fucking CUM for a Gears 2 remaster

in the new engine? It would be great, especially if it kept it's horde

>barely 50 posts in half a day

well guys

Should pick up tomorrow. But even then the negativity around this is nearly judgment tier, and its mostly for the shit that doesnt matter.

>mama said i...can't die!

when you do you fine gentlemen play horde? i normally come home around 11 pst, i could use 2-3 of you if one of my members are busy, im scout atm, and we have an engineer and heavy

I'd be down to play, normally on around 11 pst as well. GT SoleSolidarity

Sole Solidarity, I'm not in the club since I've been waiting for my invite to be accepted.

I try and slip a game or two in about 9:00am est, or I'll start in the evening and play until morning.

I would have joined the club weeks ago but that was back when the app wasn't available to everyone. Now that I can join clubs I don't care enough to do it.

IM TIRED OF TC JEWING US

yeah seriously the gameplay itself is great, but these overpriced fucking boxes are ruining it's name

>shoot slightly before enemy
>right before I shoot again he kills me even though even if I were to miss and still die I should've been able to get a shot off due to firing just before him

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT?

The hit detection on gnashers can be wonky as hell though and they haven't mentioned it at all for their updates

Same with grenades, they have varying radius and I can die from 15 feet away or the enemy can go by unscathed at 8 feet away

oh thank god i'm not the only one that noticed

Yeah, I've noticed if I've got frags in my hand and I'm being chased, it's really hit and miss about if I try to deal with the pursuer

If I tag the ground it's about a 50/50 that the nade goes off in time to hit the enemy, and if the frag lands at my feet it's about the same as to whether it blows me up or just stings a bit.

Can't get a horde group this early in the morning.

on top of that, sometimes the sound doesn't go off, or goes off in a way that makes you think the grenade is somewhere else. I've also had a few grenades explode at different times it feels like

This has been a problem since gears 2. I have as much confidence in them since I did then that they will take of this

Someone gib me all dem Rockstar codes now.

no-

it really has been hasn't it? Funny I don't remember Gears Ultimate having this problem

>can't even carry a team past wave 20 on hardcore

Never played horde on GoW4.
Anyone wanna help a brotha out?

>team always quits after wave 20

This weekend I would try some casual horde I wan to unlock that cheevo.

gears ultimate had its own shit, but it seems like it got hammered out

GoW: UE really is a fantastic game desu, the frags really are the only """OP""" thing but all you need to do is contest frags often.

MP really is one of the best in the series.

what cheevo?

Good morning /gowg/!

fuck you ledw

Andy you cuckboi when you going to be online again?

Don't die!

>Reach Re-Up 10 after many, many hours of grinding XP
>Get greeted with this XP barrier at level 1

What the fuck.

I just recently bought two MX300 525GB SSDs. Does anybody know how to move a Gears 4 PC installation from a HD to SSD without having to redownload 80 GB?

Is it worth the load times to use a SSD for this game?

Such a particular number. Weird

I wonder if they'll eventually patch in extra re-ups/XP goals

I honestly don't know how to move W10 games, you could try dragging the actual folder to the SSD, but that might fuck shit up.

So a 80GB download is the only solution, unless Google has any answers.

The load times on PC aren't that bad, I have it on my 7200 RPM 4TB HDD and it loads pretty good, but with an SSD it loading into MP games and Horde matches would be much faster, but you still have to wait till everyone connects. The same with how the game initally loads up, you HAVE to wait for the fucking intro videos to play, and they mask the loading screens, no way to delete them on PC.

It's actually not weird, 2,147,483,647 is the highest 32 bit signed integer (number) you can store in computers, and you cant go higher due to memory allocations etc.

I think they're still deciding what to give players when they hit Re-Up 10 100 which is why they threw that number in there cause it is impossible to hit it in your lifetime, boosting or not.

Fucking stupid though cause I'm Re-Up 8 now and I'll be Re-Up 10 in about a week and it'll suck being stuck at level 1.

maybe tonight probably tomorrow

I've played versus a fair amount with like 2.5 days played and I'm only rank 65

How the fuck are you re up 10

Horde XP bounty boosting, it isn't even time consuming, like 4 mins gives you 16k XP and 71 Credits.

I'm not Re-Up 10, I'm 8, the image I used was to just show was 10 looks like.

guys should I get deus ex or new hitman, they're both 30 but I only have exactly 36 of credit on my account.

Hitman's supposed to be one of the best in the series I heard.

Deus Ex is more of HR, which isn't a bad thing t b h

it always bothers me that the number isn't centered. how hard is it

There's more to it?

Yeah, you should be able to hit Re-Up 10 level 100, but TC haven't added values for 1-100 yet, which is bizarre, so when you hit Re-Up 9 level 100 and Re-Up, you're stuck on Re-Up level 1.

Lewd. Hen. Reply to my fucking messages and let's play you homogays.

I just woke up and checked the thread the moment you posted this. That's some weird timing

Bump for horde

Why'd they get rid of the columbus packs so quick?

maybe they are making them credit unlockable (as if)

patch when

Early December.

If you can get at least two moderately competent people to help you and play their roles well you can run normal quickly and not have to worry about randos