/bbg/ ─ Bloodborne General

Previous thread >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

>Google Document for all the above, but easier to read.
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

FIRST FOR PURGE FILTH

Number X for frog1

Any SRRC hero around?

Doing Ailing Loran BSB, pass bbg

Man, not having ps+ is awful for bb.
Can't save scum, can't use community chalices can't coop
Fuck

Anyone wanna help a guy rush through the first few levels?

I would kill him for you, but i'm not going to boot up my PS4 for a fucking BSB fight.

Just walk forward and right, and swing whenever you're behind him. Don't even dodge. It's the easiest fight in the world that's not Ayymissary or a beefed up mob encounter.

Searching

>Can't save scum

You can if you have a USB. This doesn't work for savescumming chalices into existence, but it does work for savescumming boss drops.

Not every coop request is out of need.

>I'd help but I can't be bothered
Why bother posting then?

Chalice Rom. Pls help.

pass is bbg123

Bring Twinks

Thanks for coming lad, and nice departure move.

To give advice about how to do the boss.

What does "against open foes" actually mean?

SearChing

During their attack

I'll ring, make sure you're by the lantern

anyone wanna help with orphan? Im on a gun onlyish build and its really not gone as well as id hoped, I'm doing shit tier damage. Password is 'eyes'

It's like Leo Ring from Dark Souls

Oh fuck I was searching on a character that don't even have that shit unlocked yet...

Doing it on a different character now, if you're still there

Where should I ring?

Counter hits, if you're familiar. Hitting an enemy during an animation instead of in the neutral, pretty much.

2nd playthrough arcane user here

holy shit, you guys weren't kidding about arcane builds. I just ran through the forbidden woods with the augur and it just straight up shits all over everything. It'd either 1-shot mobs or get them down to a fourth of their health. Was able to take down the watchdog with it too, just stayed behind it the whole time and spammed the augur at its kneecaps. Just sucks that it dropped a 9.5% fire and then an 8.5% fire the second time, not the 10+% you guys are getting. What should I be doing with my cane, btw? Right now I have the saw spear, cane, and flamesprayer all at +6, with 2 fire radials / 1 fire waning on the saw and 1 arcane triangle on the cane. Do I have to wait until later in the game to start getting arcane gems for the cane?

>bl4 streamer
>Ng+6
>Spent 12 hours on Ludwig
>Still hasn't beat him
I think this is sad.

Near fog?

>giving a shit about random streamers

"Open" means when they are in the middle of doing something.

You've probably noticed how sometimes when you attack you do extra damage, or sometimes when you get attacked you take more damage than usual. That's because of counter-hits, you take more damage when you are "open".

During attack animations you are open

During the non I-frames of a dodge you are open.

While sprinting you are open.

When fighting enemies it only really counts in the middle of attacks, since enemies don't sprint and I'm not sure if thier dodges count as open. Anyway, it's a nice % bonus to attacks and ATK VS Open Foes stacks multiplicitivly with it. It's the best secondary effect you can get for non physical weapons in Pthumuru dungeons.

outside the boss fog, could you help me get the rakuyo first please? Im okay at parrying the shark guys.

Arcane routing user here, you're shit out of luck for arcane gems until isz chalice dungeons

If anyone wants to leach Blood Echoes off a BL. 544
(It should give approximately 1.2 Million Echoes without Moon or Heir Runes.)

Then ring your Small Resonance Bell in Layer 1 of the first Pthumeru Chalice.
Pass is: autism

We got Geoffeey.

Anyone else coming?

Oh baby I'm shit at those guys

Searched for a while and got nothing so I bailed. Go with Geoffff

Sorry, got sidetracked.

We're killing chalice rom at the moment.

Radiance or Corruption?

Huh got an error just as I connected to you

Fucking kek, forgot Bloodletter takes two hits to stun them.

gun-user here, that went horribly wrong. Ill wait for you both, and the winter lanterns are dead.

fuck, guess I'll stick with the fire saw cleaver and augur for now then.

Oh, right. I was wondering why you were just spamming.

Dosn't matter im already Purple and was originally waiting for with the host.
The Host has Corruption on.

what level are you Geoffery?

There's a reason I asked for Twinks.

Anyway I'm going to join this party now:

Sure, coming in man. Not sure what that error was about, but if I take too long, go on ahead with the other guy

I swear I actually am usually this bad with those sharks

Wait, you mean I can bring a lvl 20 in without runes?

yes
but it seems you'll have to race with if you want em'.

Weird. Logarius moved into phase two without doing his super saiyan chargeup. Is that the result of a patch? I haven't played in a while.

Oh that's okay then, I'm not in a hurry. Let that user have it

If you killed Alfred he always in phase 2

I'd hop in but I lost my save and I have to redo every single fucking thing all over again now.

Got 1.3million echo's

Thanks guys.

Haven't killed Alfred, but that's a neat little detail. Reminds me of the Fume Knight and Velstadt in DaS2.

No problem, pam

I'd love to but im just fighting OoK, hold on.

What's the best variant of the wheel if I'm doing an ARC build? Level 96 right now with 25 STR/56 ARC and trying to decide if I want to give Alfie his invitation to the big Cainhurst Castle Shindig

Seems like we've set up a shop here.
You willing to keep hosting for ?

You're not a true wheeler unless you've helped reduce that filthy monstrosity to fleshy pink pulp.

Sure, ringing with the same pass.

Don't worry about it, I don't want to level a new character THAT much.

But if anyone else wants to have a go, more power to them.

Big thanks to the guys helping with orphan, that was a great fight.

>Amelia user
>Shadows user
>Arcanist user
I want to so something like this too, how do i start?

First you must acquire autism and the delusion that you have an audience

Good stuff, user
Bless the Bloodletter

Okay, I got it. Still, I'm assuming the normal variant isn't the best?

I don't care about others I just want to play the game differently, and really though we all have autism if we're still playing this game for the pve

Does anybody have that Bloodborne fanart in the style of pic related?

okay, remind me what im supposed to do to get a stupid amount of echos again?

Playing with different weapons is playing differently. Beating the game on your own without leveling is playing differently.

Whatever the fuck that Amelia user is doing is pure autism.

NG+ or Chalice. Ailing Loran is where the echoes really start to become ludicrously high.

What's wrong with the PvE?

Anyone else (without Oath Runes) interested in getting crazy amounts of Blood Echoes?

You? Good sir?

>Layer 3 boss
>Headless Bloodletting Beast
>Layer 4 boss
>Bloodletting Beast

Deepest lore

Also why the fuck is non-headless giving me a harder time. I died about 20 times in a row without getting him to half health, after beating headless on the first try.

Amelia user here

> Step 1
outlined it pretty well

> Step 2
Have an enclipipiedic knowledge of how the game works. Damage formula's, exactly when certain things are avalible, what mob drops what types of gems and when the first farmable oppurtinity is.

> Step 3
Pick something you want to work towards. "Everything possible before Amelia" is already taken, and it seems someone else is doing Shadows, and another guy is writing up earliest useful gems for Arcane build's.

The problem is due to the games layout, you can technically have +10 weapon before Shadows, and 27% gems before One Reborn. So there's not much uniqueness there, it's basically so the same shit everyone does, but earlier. With Amelia and lesser extent shadows we had to find things no one had actually farnss before, because they just skipped to endgame stuff.

Maybe try making an autismo's guide to BLT. A step by step walk through on how to beat the game dealing nothing but Blood-damage. 15% BLT gems are avalible by Centeral Pthumuru (I'm still looking for a source of 23%'s). If you grinded 3 offshapes and put them in a rifle spear that would be pretty cool to have early-game. People have done gun-only runs before, so it's possible. You'd just be using much more powerful gems.

> Step 4
Either write it up neatly with pictures or make a YouTube video to present your work.

This is kind of fun

I think it's just a psychological thing. You've probably been playing too long. The other night I got curbstomped repeatedly by the ball-n-chain Undead Giant for no apparent reason. It was just a series of diminishing returns on my part.

Came back a few days later and wiped the floor with him.

yeah i was the guy who came in twice and fucked up both times, also i messed my link up in anyways, thanks for the echos. Im coming in again though!

This is the only one I know of

>It's a labyrinth madmen combined with red spiders episode

Why is this shit even a thing

Is this what you mean, or nah?

So what's the connection between Amygdala and Loran? Was the destruction of Loran the result of Amygdala's birth? It seems like the breeding of Great Ones (with the humans who beckoned them) basically levels entire civilizations. Just look what Mergo did to Yharnam.

Yes, just like that! Thanks, anons

Any other takers?
Or should we just close the Blood Bank for the day?

Ziukkinna, how much Insight and Blood Echoes have you gained from Hosting this little event of ours?

About 5 million echoes, though I don't need them.

And insight isn't a problem at all.

Abhorrent Beast in Ailing Loran anyone? Pass bbg

> got 2.7million
> turns out I only needed 241,286

oh well. 99 of every weapon in storage it is.

oh well
I think i'll call it off, for now

I'll be there. I need it for the build I'm gonna be making. Lemme just run him up to Old Yharnam so I can get the chalice.

I just realized I missed the arcane droplet gem when I was going through the nightmare of mensis. Where exactly is that?

It's on the bridge with the Brain of Mensis before you drop down to the Blood Rock

Oh, so the one where I picked up all the great wisdoms? Can't believe I missed it.

Are element gemstones (fire, bolt, etc) recommended? I tried out the fire but although your damage increases against certain units the drawback is that other units have resistance to it. Should I just use the buff (fire paper etc) instead?

Elemental gems are best used with Arcane builds.
As any other gem that increases a weapons Arcane Scaling will increase the effect of that Elemental gem.

>During the non I-frames of a dodge you are open.
>While sprinting you are open.

That's instability damage, not counter damage. "Vs. Open Foes" ONLY affects counter damage, I.E. just after an enemy attacks. Counter damage is increased by 20%, while instability damage is increased by 40%. Both those increases are after defenses.

I think some enemies in PvE have weird rules regarding counter damage (mostly they will take more than the usual +20% damage sometimes), but for NPCs, the player character, and enemies in PvP, this is always true. +% damage vs. Open Foes will have no effect when hitting another player or NPC while they are rolling or sprinting, or after they have been guard broken or staggered by a parry/backstab.

>the delusion that you have an audience

You never know, it might get Big. People loved that 0.5x A pressed Mario 64 thing.

Abhorrent Beast kicks my ass every single time, and I'm not sure what to do about it.

>Uncanny Cleaver
>Boom Hammer
>Whirlgig
>Amy Arm

Only have enough to upgrade one to +9 right now, going to be doing Defiled Pthumerian and Great Isz next

Thoughts?

> Throw a poison knife
> run laps around the arena
> when his health bar stops ticking down throw another one

Well cleaver and whirligig are the strongest, and of the two, cleaver is the simpler to use one, so I'd suggest cleaver if your concern is getting through chalices.

Did you abandon the dream? I am willing to host for

if he's gotten the chalice and is still around then sure

>shadows user

Explain please