/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 18th:
401 – The Visigoths, led by king Alaric I, cross the Alps and invade northern Italy.
1095 – The Council of Clermont begins: called by Pope Urban II, it led to the First Crusade to the Holy Land.
1601 – Tiryaki Hasan Pasha, provincial governor of Ottoman Empire, utterly defeats Habsburg forces, commanded by Ferdinand the Archduke of Austria during the Siege of Nagykanizsa.
1863 – King Christian IX of Denmark signs the November constitution that declares Schleswig to be part of Denmark. This is seen by the German Confederation as a violation of the London Protocol and leads to the German–Danish war of 1864.

>News
EU4 DD 08/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-8th-of-november-2016.980828/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

>starting a thread 32 posts early to do this

w&b

>all these triggered steamgroup shitposters
Member when your leader got doxxed and was found out to be a teenage brony? Oh, I member!

What a sperg.

Ecks dee, 'ttebayo.

>when we were seconds away from ending centuries of anglo-irish tension under a pan-white identity but the thread was made 30 posts early, setting us back decades

Reminder that the M&T modders are retards who can't tell the difference between video games and real life.

kek

Reminder that the White and Based Report & Ignore does not condone thread genocide.

rate this meme

BLACK ICE IS GOAT

0/10 desu

Maybe 10/10 if they did it with England

I respectfully Disagree.

2× respectfully disagree

I found this helpful.

3× respectfully disagree.

4× respectfully disagree

go away reddit

t. yohann

Respectfully Disagree ×1

This is the problem with /gsg/, we run memes into the ground.

All my hours of HOI3 are paying off, as I've successfully encircled the attacking enemy force and now I need only to grind it down into nothing.

Sure wish I had gas defense.

Russia truly is the greatest nation in EU4.

You're Communist China. Just throw men at the brits.

Remember to blob responsibly!

hey bro it looks like someone pissed on your map

>it's an AI declares war when the majority of their army is stuck somewhere else episode

based. think I'll feed Granada more of Andalucia

now my name looks dumb. hopefully it moves when I take some of North Africa

What's your end game?

comfy colonizing mostly. As historically as I can. I'm probably done in Iberia now. Eventually I'll annex Galicia but I'll leave Granada be. After I take Ceuta down to the province to the left of the M in Morocco, Safi, I won't bother much more in Europe.

This is subject to change depending on how things go about but it's the main structure of what I'm planning

Hm, seems comfy

Yeah, it's mainly a test game to see if the mod plays okay and also to test some different settings. I've never done much colonizing and Portugal seemed the comfiest to do that with

Right now I might try to take Ceuta as Morocco has all its troops in Tunisia. Hopefully I have the infamy for it

Which plan should I use?
>Plan Carolus Rex in Red
>Plan Gustavus Adolphus in Green
>Plan Meme in Yellow

also r8

You know which we want you to do

I lost the first war and gave the Ottomans about 300 ducats, released a 2 province minor in India, and gave them three Egyptian provinces.

Just won the 2nd war, although barely. They managed to get through about 9 level 2 forts, and lost about 200k man to attrition. They occupied a lot of provinces but I won many battles, which gave me a good warscore to peace out.

They're beatable, the truce is 7 years long, I'll need to rebuild and probably upgrade forts, and maybe build more. Ugh.

Gustavus Adolfus

>Just throw men at the brits.
That's the whole point, if I let them retreat they'll reinforce right back up while I continue to take huge attrition penalties. By surrounding them I can mass as many guys on that tile as I want and rotate them out to reinforce as they get worn down. That particular battle has been going on since the war started in February and many of the armies in that image took part in it at one time or another.

not so comfy. the ottomemes decided to join after sticking their dick in Hungary

Everytime

Cool.

What about that cold war mod for Darkest Hour?

Now that is pretty disgusting.

A "member" is a synonym for a penis. What the fuck are you doing? Your autism is so extreme that you can't help but post this.

Not sure I've ever seen the AI fan out so much to siege like I have in this game. Was always a few big stacks at a time.

Ottomans aren't a factor it seems. Any attempts of trying to land troops would be thwarted by England, Aragon, and my combined navies

uh actually their navy passed right through mine without a battle. why is this allowed?

Why doesn't the meme plan include Scotland?

This ain't no divergences, also I was going for the "danelaw" lands in the isles.

lol why are they sieging

they're not at war with Morocco, they're at war with me

am I missing something

damn ottomemes cheating. first they skipped past my fleet, then they attacked it without me getting a popup. they went to town on everyone trying to siege but now seem to be cornered. I have enough warscore needed to take Ceuta once I can capture it. hopefully not long

just fyi plan green is green + red
and plan yellow is all of it.

how the fuck did he feudalize in like 20 years

triggered, bro?

this old crone outlived like 5 heirs at this point

fucking shit

>of Austria
>german
triggered

>got a 0/0/0/0 admiral

epic

>0 naval tradition
>making admirals

81 is still pretty old these days, but it's fucking ancient for 889

I think even a 0/0/0/0 leader is better than no leader, but exactly how I'm not sure. It think they make it less likely your army gets stack wiped if you lose.

I had like 2% lol. even with 0 I've gotten at least 1 in something before

these idiots haven't learned anything it seems.

though good timing for them because I'm still recovering from previous wars. my manpower is very slow at recovering and my army is half it's actual size. hopefully Aragon and England, and even Granada now, can take out the armies and I can force them to revoke claims in my vassals

she hasnt been sick once

perhaps she's immortal

Who should I play for a comfy trading game in eu3? Maybe colonisation too

The first "New Model Army" of the recently birthed Scandinavian Union, Using parts of the pre-union swedish armies, supported by finnish, danish, and norwegian regiments.

shit, got sidetracked by 'muh rp' that I forgot to ask what you guys think it should be named.

meckelnburg

but also upgrade to eu4

>dragoon

Looks like he started with that one West Francia county which was already feudalized, which does it for you.

It's really easy to feudalize without reforming religion or memeing with the tribal laws, all you have to do is conquer a castle and give it to your heir as his first holding, and then just wait until you croak.

noo! it's too far away. I don't have the naval tradition to hire a Navigator. I'm already 10 years behind on getting the Azores

>Dragoon:
1 Recon
7 attack
5 defense
100% discipline
3 maneuver
Max Speed 5 kph
230% Supply Consumption
>Hussar:
2 Recon
5 Attack
5 Defense
same discipline
4 maneuver
Max Speed 6 kph
220% supply consumption

I don't see what you mean.

ah never mind, this will work. Just need naval tech 6 which will be done in 1440. back to comfy

find a flaw

The reason to take 1x cavalry is to occupy territory more efficiently, I don't see why you wouldn't take the cavalry that occupies territory the most efficiently. If you're taking cavalry for some other reason than to occupy efficiently, you should just take infantry/guards instead as they have better combat stats.

Why recruit an admiral when you have less than 40 naval tradition instead of just borrowing one from the merchants?

>wasting money on guards that are literally going to get gunned down anyway
>dragoon instead of hussar for shitty recon
This is trash, son.

Best army is 5 unaccepted pop irregulars, 4 art, 1 eng, 1 hus.

in what game

EU4 (with Cossacks expansion so you can get leaders from your estates)

Well except that having more than 100% recon doesn't do anything.

Why 5 and not 6 or more? That way the cavarly will get damaged.

oh okay, I was playing EU3 so I couldn't do that. I had money to blow and my previous one just died so I figured why not

Don't give (you)s to retards please.

That's terrible, the irregulars will get ORG'd out of combat in the first couple rounds and then you'll have your ART on the front line doing nothing. That's the entire point of taking a strong front row.
There's another theory that says to just take all ART, which is useful for when you are throwing excessive armies into a single battle as it makes sure that there are always ART in the back row even as the front row gets taken out of combat and the back row moves up. It's not really feasible for large armies due to the excessive artillery goods consumption for large armies.

It wouldbe 4 but irregulars die so easily, which is what you want your unaccepted pops to do.

I was meming anyway, it's bassed 4/4/1/1.

Give (you)s to me please.

>Well except that having more than 100% recon doesn't do anything.
Which is more, 100% of 2 or 100% of 1?

>Well except that having more than 100% recon doesn't do anything.
You only get 100% efficiency, correct. But that depends what the actual recon value is.

The recon of a hussar is 4.

The recon of a dragoon is 3.

Meaning 100% of 4 is 4 and 100% of 3 is 3 then the dragoon is betted.

I don't think you got my point, being that you want your actually valuable units (everything that isn't the irregulars) to be meat shielded by the irregulars. That's why I suggested using 6 irregulars or more.

By request of Fältherre Verner Chrsiterson the Monarchy has banned all use of guns on horseback and now uses hussars as the standard.
In other news we have captured the merchant city of hamburg after it (and a few other german minors) refused to join the NGF as they deemed it not based.

Fuck off, I might as well use guards as Scandinavia because I accept practically 100% of my pop in non-colonial land.

>cropping
fug off

Cavalry are front line, not back.

I'd like to see a proof of that. I thought that the recon efficiency worked on a way that makes so that the recon points in excess are effectively wasted.

Help me lads, what should I do in Divergances. I've suddenly had an idea of wanting to play an England -> Great Britain game. It'd be interesting, dismantling the French usurpers and their Pope worshiping, along with the Nordic hold on our northern bretheren. Think, a Great Britain born in the 19th century, after centuries of being subjects, and slaves!

It looks like you're assuming that your perfect 30-stack is always going to be fighting perfect 30-stacks individually, which is patently retarded.

>Fuck off, I might as well use guards as Scandinavia because I accept practically 100% of my pop in non-colonial land.
Guards are a waste of money. They cost almost double what infantry do and supply literally no benefit. Front row is always meat.

If you put enough fodder in the front line cav will stay in the back.

🤦

If you go in all infantry your infantry will stay in the back, what's your point?

There is no recon point cap, you're allowed as many as a single unit can provide, so Hussars are better than dragoons but planes are better thn hussars.

Why the fuck would I have to prove established fact to you? You should produce evidence that it doesn't work as we say, or just admit that you like doing it your way anyway because you're retarded and stop arguing about it. Start a USA game, build 1x 30 stack with a hussar and 1x 30 stack with a dragoon and test which one sieges faster, it will take exactly one trial to see that you're wrong.

That sounds awful.

What's a good 30k late game stack, lads? 9 tank 1 plane? 5 tank, 4 art, 1 plane?

>No Benefit
They are effectively better than regulars in hpm plus its A E S T H E T I C.
>waste of money
what the fuck am I playing? Israel? there is no fucking point to penny pinching unless my economy is fragile.