>brag about things not breaking
>discuss project dreams
>tell others their taste is shit

Other urls found in this thread:

tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/5811695932.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5842724262.html
portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/5842655436.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reposting my old Ford Motoring valve covers and air cleaner. They came off a super stock 289. I'll be doing them in low-gloss black with white letters and throwing them on my 302. Thoughts?

So much sanding...

>Grandfather has an immaculate '35 Ford Model 48 convertable thats been sitting on jacks for 15 years
>Has a '56 Bel Air thats also been sitting in his garage for 20+ ever since the brakes seized
>No money or time to get them running.
Might try to offer to work on one or the other over for him over the summer. God, I wanna see those things run.

If he lets you, go for the Chevy. It would probably be worth more and easier to restore.

>2014
>dad bought a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T in fair condition for his project vehicle
>lets his gf drive it
>she doesn't know how to drive manual
>parks it up a street light

my family can never have nice things..

Bel Airs are the tits.

Yeah the Bel Air would def be the car to fix, he bought that one staight from the factory in Baltimore. Both were show-tier when he stopped working on them, he got too old and the cars were too big for him to work on. He also didnt have any sons to help him at the time as well. He wound up buying a Model A roadster ~10 years ago so he could keep on tinkering.

picked up some cool things today, and found these on my way out of town..

pretty bitchin c10 when i got close to the guy

nice cruise on a sunday senpai

>complain about things breaking
>Tfw threw the PS belt this morning
Good thing i had a spare

How fun was parking without power steering?

not that bad. I have a pretty big steering wheel.

I saw a left hand Ute today at the dragstrip.

>his class was DSM, Domestic Street Modified
>domestic
>implying

Im currently looking at a '73 Buick Riviera, with the 455, and the 'Boat tail' back end. problem is its been sitting outside for about 7 years and the motor is seized, also needs a new drivers floor & rockers (Frame is good)

guy wants $1200 CAD. what does Veeky Forums think?

Got the 81 Lincoln Continental MkVI today. Left the house at 6:10 Am, got back at 7 pm. It's been a long day

bump

post pics.

will get some tomorrow after I replace the alternator. I left when it was dark and got home when it was dark, so I haven't had time.

lame, but glad you got it

boat tails are sweet, (71-72 are my favorite) but if i were you, i would hold out a little longer until a better one shows up

Bump with the house my parents are buying

Needs a bigger garage

Kinda ugly

hey guys, i made a superthread for the nebraska or bust story here pic related

They're going to build a bigger garage after they knock that one out

I like it. Mid century modern is my favorite era of design

Muh modern design

The inside is pretty cool to. Has a wall trolled with zebra wood

Is that code for my house being bugged?

If the inside looks anything like the outside, it's shit.

Kek I can't type on my phone without glasses

Inside looks pretty neat. The bathrooms are awesome too

Just got this thing running roughly a month ago.

Doors remind me of bioshock or tower of terror. Either way, you'll die

>2 extra doors

Lol I'm not living there I have my own place

How else would I fit 3+ friends in there?

How dumb would it be to get a loan for a classic car?
How feasible is it?

Please stop sanding.
Do a vinegar bath and wipe with blue or pink scotchbrite pad.
Let it soak for an hour then wipe, repeat as necessary.
DO NOT leave in vinegar overnight.

Shit,, I don't have power steering.
Only thing bolted to the front of my engine is the alternator.

Bumping with pictures of my new 81 Lincoln Continental MkVI

Stumbled upon a seemingly abandoned classics scrapyard in the woods a few weeks ago. Took a closer look from satellite view when I got home, appears to be on the edge of a huge acreage, but all of the trails are fairly overgrown and the shop doesn't look far from collapsing.

This fuckin' Corvette.

>that mustang
please tell me it wasn't a fastback

Rest easy my friend, it wasn't a fastback.

I also have power brakes but the booster is retarded small so it does nothing

Doesnt look overgrown enough to be abandoned

>hey user when are you going to let me drive your muscle car :)
Fuckin never bitch stop askin

This is my worst fear,

engine?

My Buddys selling a 1971 GMC K2500, its got a 350 with just replaced head gaskets and a transmission less than a year old. Should I get as a first truck/first v8? Im a fan of cars and love working on them but have never had or worked on v8 or american stuff, so im interested in learning how to work on it. Its beat but the frame is straight and the brakes work.

That happened recently with a buddy
>Hey bro, when are you going to let me drive the truck
Never, now fuck off

Just a 318. However, a previous owner installed a top-end kit.
My dad had it pulled out for his bogger, but he let me put it back in after taking apart three other engines just to find that they were unusable.

Nice

>Went into town 3 times today
>Forgot to buy an air freshener all 3 times

Maybe I just like the smell of old car

working on this tomorrow probably for a short while. gonna see where and what is exactly leaking on the transmission

confession time /ccg/
if u had 3 0 0 0 buckaroos, which craigslist shitbox would u buy and still stay /classic/ OR what have u passed up and regretted

>for me right now, 1970 duster
tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/5811695932.html
there was an older listing for a white one, 450$ with no title. still not over that

>1970
>360

Bet that nigga has a 340 and doesn't even know, car's a heap tho

What the shit, $2500 for that?
Also, I didn't need $3000 dollerydoos for my craigslist shit box.
I just paid $1200 Canadian Monopoly bills for the white 81 Lincoln Continental I posted above

This, that thing is going to need a top to bottom resto, I paid $2000 for my duster and it barely has any rust

I paid $1400 US for my 68 Lincoln Continental, which does have rust and bondo in a few spots, but really the worst of it was the front floors, which I already fixed.
I don't see how some one could get $2500 for that Duster. And there isn't even any pictures of the interior or engine bay

>68 continental
>$1400

mein dick. My two dream cars are a continental around that year and a 68-69 impala.

someday...

>3000 bucks
There's a '79 Buick Electra, one owner, 68k miles for $2300 in the area I'll be moving to.
I just have to hope it'll still be for sale six months from now...

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5842724262.html

Holy fuck that's a deal

just got her back from the shop with a new t5 trans, 1965 c10 with the stock 292 i6 that was a 3 on the tree.

Way too much for the condition you're describing, what is that, like 1600 bucks US? Should at least be running for that, in decent shape they'd go for 3-4, 5 maybe in prime shape

Good story behind this truck by the way, bought it from the original owner who bought it new in 65, he also has a 1954 3100 that is 100% stock, and a 40's chevy flat bed that was the local school districts FIRST mechanics truck. So the owner had a lot of history and had restored this truck with his son about 8 years ago. And along with those trucks he has a 60 something chevy 2 door belair that all his children, and grand children learned to drive in. As well as a 60's ford wagon. This guy has so many perfect running classics and we picked this truck up for 4500 as it looks here. Fucking awesome, not to mention it was my dads dream truck and we bought it together.

Fucking nice

That's $900 US

Customer didn't sell his Continental a couple weeks back, next time I see him I may ask about it.

Not like I need another land yacht. I still need to get to work on the Cadillac.

bro that defender, pics?

nice fucking truck man. i have the 3/4 ton ford equivalent

I see you post every where, and same to you bro, super clean 250, what engine is in that?

three hunnid. I will be swapping it out for a 302 eventually though

Nice, a while ago my dads friend was the original owner for a 73 250 camper special, not really a classic but when he passed we bought it for 1k from his family. it had a 390 and it was fun for a year, sold it to some surfer guy who is fully restoring it.

That's my dad's NAS Defender 110. Only pic I have of it right now is from way back in the 90's when my dad got it.

82 Mercury Zephyr Z7
>original owner
>74k miles
>i6
>1700
worth it?

portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/5842655436.html

Love those classic defenders, it looks fun, there are probably 20 of those, 2 and 4 doors in my town.

looks unbelievably clean, but i'm not a guy for retro cars or would ever own one unless it was a 4x4. I'd say if it's your style it's a great deal.

it would make a great hotrod but I am not into the car.

nice. mine is a camper special, the rear leaf pack was made for weight and destroying my kidneys

damn that's rough, you ever think of buying new leaf springs or just getting rid of some?

I will get rid of some. I really don't need 14 leafs per side.

Yeah at least that top pack, but I guess being a 3/4 ton it will need a few regardless.

lol I don't do any towing, this thing will be a hotrod. a softer rear set up is better for grip and weight transfer. my worry is i'm not sure how much it will lower the rear end.

muh Buick, 1967 LeSabre with 38,000 original miles, just got it a couple of weeks ago.

if you want a hotrod look I think taking out a significant amount of spring would be fine, it would lower the rear and counter the slight stink bug stance you have. There are tons of ways to do these things, it's just your preference. And i'm sure you know this already.

yeah. I might get small suspension blocks, I kind of like the ass high stance. I just know for sure I need new front shocks because mine are 100% toast. the things front end bounces nonstop when driving.

lol yeah, new shocks would stop that, is your truck coil front or leaf in the front?

it has the twin I beam coil front suspension. first year of it.

Ok yeah, I think the biggest issue you will face is worn out springs, and that's it. When we bought the truck it had pic related, took them out of the coils and it dropped about a half inch. They are the poor mans new springs. I don't have many pictures of the tuck all around but I have to stock up on some for when people ask about shit, like you have. Hopefully what ever route you go satisfies you.

all I know is that the shock absorbers are at least 30 years old and do fuckall. I will be swapping the I beams for some off a 76 F250 so that I can get disk brakes, and in the meantime I will be replacing the shocks, springs and hopefully the bushings.

nice, well good luck with that then, I'm peacing out bro, have a good one. I'll see ya around.

You do the oil change yet?

somrthing that long must be a bitch to park though, i cant really drive for shit