>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News
Wood Elves Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=hoiks2rQa9o

5 Minutes of Gameplay (Morghur confirmed!)
youtube.com/watch?v=-9M33Idbm5k

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_4
Recent DLC -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331/

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.totalwar.com/discussion/173751/can-we-please-get-the-info-what-the-difficulty-settings-change-from-easy-to-legendary/p1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Threadly reminder that the following are rightful Asur clay, and therefore rightful Asrai clay so from now on please refer to them with their correct names.
Athel Toralien - Dietershafen
Sith Rionnasc - Marienburg
Kor Vanaeth - Altdorf
Athel Maraya - Talabheim
Athel Numiel - Kislev
Tor Alessi - L'Anguille
Thank you

>people think it's only leadership bonuses the AI gets on higher battle difficulties

To be honest they should remove the combat difficulty entirely and just focus on campaign difficulty.

holy fuck, but what AI gets in higher difficulties, say it already

Its all in the game files if you can be bothered to open the database editor. I would but im not on my main computer. This is what CA said though.

>In battles, there's a mix of either skewing stats in favour of the player (easy) or the AI (hard).
>For example:
>Morale Easy
Player +-0
>AI -8
>Morale Very Hard
>Player -5
>AI +10
>There are similar modifiers to both melee and ranged stats.
forums.totalwar.com/discussion/173751/can-we-please-get-the-info-what-the-difficulty-settings-change-from-easy-to-legendary/p1

TLDR version CA cant into real difficulty options

friendly reminder that playing on anything below legendary is extremely, tremendously GAY

"Uhm, I don't have all modifiers in my head and I'm really lazy today :).

On very hard, AI gets roughly 12% more melee skills & damage, 12% faster reload, more accuracy, more charge bonus...
This is all kept under the hood and will not show in the UI. Also likely to get tweaked once we get stats in from hundred thousands of players.

What do you need a full list for? If it was super game-changing important, we could move those modifiers to the database in the future, making them moddable."

-Ato CA

>playing a broken version of the game
Fuck off Radious.

There is literally nothing wrong with being gay.

D R A G O N

Rollan!

working on the new version already

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ROME

this is so outdated that you should be killed

>dat peasant on the left

h-hiyah!

>TLDR version CA cant into real difficulty options
literally every single game, especially every single strategy game works like that

>hating fun, there is absolutely no challenge at all in the game below legendary

>literally every single game, especially every single strategy game works like that
No they dont, nearly all of them change campaign factors, not combat factors.

G O B L I N S

>>hating fun, there is absolutely no challenge at all in the game below legendary
Except thats not true at all. VH/L campaign is challenging, but the combat difficulty is irrelevant for challenge. All it does is force you to not use certain units. You might as well just turn off all units below a set amount of moral.

Thats why they put in the ability to change combat AI, they know its a shitty mechanic.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT???

I know and I'm sorry ;_;

>that underage BF logic
>my game is not as casual as your game so its hardcore!!11!
There is no challenge on any difficulty for any TW game, go play a GSG if you want a challenge.

in total war both campaign and combat factors change

What is this ugly shit? Where da cute elf wimminz at?
CA can't expect my shekels with that attitude.

I want to play with dragons but mannfred is fucking shit

Who do I play?

Thank you Captain Obvious, are you going to tell me the sky is blue next?

>All it does is force you to not use certain units
not really certain units become more shitty but they are usable, there were anons here who did an all gobbo legendary campaigns BEFORE Skarsnik

>go play a GSG if you want a challenge.

>gsg
>challenge

>TW
>harder than GSG
Oh, you're trolling. Nevermind.

No, it's fun. Playing only legendary would be incredibly tedious.
t. has completed numerous legendary campaigns

>Mannlet
>Shit

What? He's like the most versatile dude on the battlefield.

>there were anons here who did an all gobbo legendary campaigns BEFORE Skarsnik
No, they didnt, they had to rely on high moral units to win because goblins were literally unusable.

You've already lost face on this, no more replies for you.

Goblins...

Dragons are fairly shit and never justify their price, High Elves might have some semi decent ones though.

>there were anons here who did an all gobbo legendary campaigns BEFORE Skarsnik
Gee I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact the auto resolver is broken. You realize you can auto resolve a victory of 20 goblins vs 10 great swords even though the great swords literally could not lose.

Recruit a generic Lord and train him up until you can put him on a dragon?

In my last Chaos campaign, I just recuited a second lord, transg´ferred all the units to him and got Sigvald killed in an autoresolve.

Old hat now gobbo, step aside

Lore-wise, what other races are Wood Elves capable of getting along with?

Nah, I like actually having fun in my campaigns.

legendary limits savescumming and pausescumming though

They mix fine with humans when I eat them together

A shrubbery.

Brettonia, sort of...As long as Brettonia continues to "lose" young boys and they dont mind the occasional wild hunt. And Brettonia doesn't look at their forests funny.

Also they seem fond of Karl Franz. But dont really hold any love for the empire.

High Elves, maybe Empire.

They also have no real beef with either Tomb Kings or Lizardmen.

It isn't hard not to do those things yourself and you avoid all the obnoxious features of legendary.

So does not being a shitty human.

Vlad von Carstein

Give me something bad

attila is the best total war desu

THEY HAVE WRONGED US.

Not him but tell me which features do you find obnoxious on legendary?

Until Total War; Renaissance comes out.

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh rome

I hope its total war age of discovery, or Empire 2

Its not Empire 2, its a new time period.

Also, fuck Empire, and fuck pure gun TW games, they are boring as shit. Yeah, I said it.

>pure gun TW games,
you can play as the savages though, also they have the best naval combat, and the only truly functional MP

I hope your ass gets really itchy and your arms will be too short to reach

They are boring as fuck because the whole focus is just line warfare. All you're doing is fighting 1 enemy and 1 tactic over and over.

Honestly every other TW game feels like ash in my mouth in comparison to playing TWW now. I really hope the next historical TW game follows TWW and makes sure each faction is really unique.

This would be the dream, but it's probably not it.

If the new one is total war: chingchongplingplong, I will storm the CA offices and murder everyone.

>total war: chingchongplingplong
I really dont understand why people want that shit. We have Shogun 2, and the chingchong tactics was almost identical.

Chingchong would probably have dynasty warrior tier shit in it

>lone general singlehandedly routs 5 birrion chink levies

dude mangafox is gonna find you and fuck you up bro

>and 1 tactic over and over
and every non line warfare tw is also 1 tactic, hammer and anvil simulator
>TWW and makes sure each faction is really unique.
bah, they don't even feel that different, and a lot of their "oh so unique features" are literally straight out of Attila

>CA has been talking about how they will bring the uniqueness of each faction in the warhammer setting into a historical one.
>their solution will be to make it a fantasy take on history

PLEASE don't be this. That sounds horrible.

>TW; Ching comes out
>Sells like shit, because it isnt Western warfare so people dont know or care about it
>Meanwhile, TWW is still selling like mad because we cant stop giving CA money for actually unique factions and actually interesting battles
>TW History dies
>TWW finally gets finished and a new game is announced
>Total War; Age of Mythology
A man can dream

>bah, they don't even feel that different, and a lot of their "oh so unique features" are literally straight out of Attila
I dont even have a response to someone spouting such reckless idiocy.

Total War Tamriel is next.

oh dear fucking god please no

I got a couple questions I don't really know Warhammer lore and shit.

Is the game set in the end times or whatever? I thought everyone dies.

Why the fuck can't I colonise the badlands as the vampires it's not like the place would be too alien. Dwarves can but the undead can't?

>the wood elves have to build wonders to win! so unique
literally just slavic victory conditions
>vampires have no archers OMG, amazing
numerous factions in attila have no archers
>this faction is unique they get are high damage, low morale and low tankiness faction with vanguard deployment!
literally just celts from Attila

the biggest disappointment in warhmmer is the magic though, 90% of all spells are just reskins, with boring mechanics and lame as fuck visuals and sound

hell tanookhids are more different from say huns, than beastmemes from chaos

>Is the game set in the end times or whatever?
No, its set in the period before the end times.

End times everyone dies, then comes back in a new plane of existence basically.

>Why the fuck can't I colonise the badlands as the vampires it's not like the place would be too alien. Dwarves can but the undead can't?
Thats just how the lore works for different factions. Some factions never went into those lands or cared for them so you cant take them.

>he doesn't want to remind all of Tamriel that Skyrim belongs to the Nords as he conquers the known world

I know for a FACT your ancestors aren't smiling on you because you're a giant faggot.

I know you're trolling, so you might as well give up.

>nords

it would sell well in china

I wish

China has its own strategy/tactic hybrid games, whereas TW has little to no competition here in the West. It would be suicide.

>Nords
Nords are cancer, Skyrim literally killed them
pre skyrim nords are fine

>warhammer is unique meme
and you cant refute a single point I made

See

True, but remember how badly the Chinese sperged out when they found out now TW:W for them? They probably want to give Total War a try at least.

no u

I'm sure the dozen or so Total War ripoffs that are badly made and really just viruses that steal their credit card details are good enough for them for now.

See

whats the difference

kek

See

>Is the game set in the end times or whatever?

No.

The game is it's own unique thing and is timelocked in the year Karl Franz was elected Emperor, which is 20 years prior to the End Times.

Im not trolling so that doesnt work. You made an argument and I proved you wrong so you resorted to shitposting to save face.

But here is your final reply, you can have the last word and pretend you won.

>Anime degenerates

Elder Scrolls already comes with a bullshit mechanic so they really could just do whatever the fuck they want and explain it away as a dragon break. Plus the races are diverse enough to be a decent game.

>Plus the races are diverse enough to be a decent game.
Are you kidding. Its a bunch of human and elf factions plus two furrybait factions. All of which have a single fight style they use over and over.

It would be boring as fuck.

>and I proved you wrong
where? is this proof?

woops wrong quote I mean to ask if this is your way of "proving wrong"

I just wish they'd kept separate campaign and battle difficulty sliders.

I've got nothing against getting swamped with 10:1 hoards of foes, but when they're levy units fighting to the last man - then I've got a problem.

>I just wish they'd kept separate campaign and battle difficulty sliders.
but they have, when you start a game you can go into the difficulty settings, and turn battle difficulty down to easy like the little scrub you are

>I just wish they'd kept separate campaign and battle difficulty sliders.
Its in the options menu when you start the game user...

Only legendary cant be changed individually.

That's not even true, all the regions have different clans/cultures just based on the games we have not including shit in the lore that never actually shows up in the series.

>High Rock is basically the Empire start in TW:W with dozens of different kingdoms + Redguards and Orcs to the south
>2 completely different Khajiit Kingdoms with a dozen different breeds of cat
>Cyrodiil has at least two different cultures like the Colovians and then the influence of the other provinces on the borders
>Morrowind has 5 seperate houses all with different interests and strengths
Granted the Nords, Altmer and especially Argonians would basically be the same among their own races but they could work something out.
>

SACREBLEU!

I am so glad TES is never getting a TW game because everything you just said sounds as boring and shitty as I just described it.

All men must die, but we are not men