photos.google.com/album/AF1QipN2QHCgvYm6bGj3zEtazCuUTKMfpeeRGuv3iXFr
europe1.fr/france/la-twingo-voiture-la-plus-volee-926049
fiches-auto.fr/essai-renault/qualites_defauts-67-plus-moins-renault-twingo.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Does a 6.2 fit in a Twingo?

should fit like a glove.

plushies when

Well with the right attitude...

Im 6'2 and I fit okay, but not 100% comfortable.

I'm 6'1 and could fit without problems even with broken front seats (couldn't adjust the angle) so I guess you should fit. Go and test drive one, it's not like you need to be good looking, have nice shoes and a fake job to do it

See if he fits up your ass first

>battery died in twonger while parked
>charged it, died again
>bit the bullet and bought a new one
>carried it up a fucking mile of stairs
>go to put it in
>too
>fucking
>big
Kill me famalam

F

Fuck, when I saw the thumbnail I thought someone doxxed my crashed Twingo and posted pictures

That's literally the same thought I had and I'm not you.
Your story e-traumatized me.

You forgot the part where you finally got a new battery that fits but it turned out it wasn't the battery's fault and was actually a parasitic power drain somewhere in the wiring.

How could it be? I haven't crashed or even bumped anything ever, have done nothing that would have shifted anything in the wiring. It just wouldn't turn on one day.

absolutely. source: 6.2" and own a twingo

the twingo is comfy and pretty roomy. it's roomier than a bmw 3 series for example

the seats don't suck like on most city cars, you can drive long distances with no problems

are you really this retarded to think that electrical problems are caused by bumps and crashes?
Did you learned mechanics from Colin McRae Rally?

Oh yeah, you're the idiot who can't into buying car battery.

I remember you. I tried to help you with tacho connection in twingo in previous thread. Now I really regret wasting my time.

>being this mad
>in a twingo thread

no. twingo threads should remain happy places

some people don't know shit about wrenching on cars, think back to when you were 15 and trying to wire a subwoofer into your pile of shit or something. would you have liked for people to talk to you like this ?

at least he's trying to do shit himself, which most young people these days wouldnt even bother. i know, my brother is one. i'm the one that has to check his tire pressure and oil/coolant levels because otherwise he's just gonna drive until something breaks because he "doesnt know how to do it"

Jesus man I didn't mean to piss you off, but how else would the wires get out of place? They don't just move around by themselves, that would be piss poor car design.

yay! let's give him medal for participation!
you can't be serious

I am, I don't know much about cars thats why I'm asking, I'm not trying to make you mad, I'm just retarded. If something is fixed it doesn't move unless there's some force that makes it come un-fixed as far as I know, and I haven't done anything that would have changed the position of the wiring, just drove normally.

No worries, that dude wasn't me.
But yeah, things like this can happen by corrosion and/or weasels and other animals taking a bite here and there, too.

>it's roomier than a bmw 3 series
[doubt]

It honestly is. Depending on the year of course although I doubt that interior space was increased much over the years in the 3 series.
You can fit more long shit into the Twingo because you can fold the seats down.
There's more leg room in the back of the Twingo.
It's not like the E36 is less comfortable but there truly is more space in a Twingo. You could say that it's more "universal".
t. that faggot that owned both

*front seats, yes
>no center console
>no transmission tunnel
>same interior width as e36
>same headroom as e36
"same" is actually 5mm more than e36

you can put your leg through the window easily

sorry Hungarotwing (amirite?) for being mad at you, but you really have to
>git gud by yourself
or
>be more humble when experieced Veeky Forumstist give you advice
your complete lack of knowledge is not the problem. Problem is your attitude. You had your answer All you had to do was to google it instead of being cocky and embarass yourself.
Bring your Twingo to good electrician and ask him to walk you through his diagnosis. You'll learn more and break less.
~loving twigo guy who had a bad day

My dad had a e46 (if I'm not mistaken) 320, the backseats were your normal quadruple amputee seats, not really more space than the Focus he got later and I don't even think more than my friend's mother's Matiz. It's the same for all cars in compact class regardless if they have 2 or for doors, sedan or hatch. That's why compact sedans are kind of pointless.

They're in production, they should get stuffed within the week or so.

Some fresh OC

Do you remember the email of the dude selling them?

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound cocky I was just confused as to how something like that could have happened, since I've been taking care of the car and the last time I had it serviced (a month or so ago) there were no problems with the electricals. I don't know any electricians but I'll go find one, thanks user. And no hard feelings, I'm sorry I sounded like a twat.

There'll be a new email and website coming shortly. Once the plushies are on the ship, things will open up for preorders.

[email protected], but I think he's making an actual webshop for them this time.

Yep.

Good luck! I hope I can afford one.

christ why

The seats and hubcaps are a nice touch.

finally someone noticed benetton seats
THANK YOU!

what if I buy one and

>rip out the engine
>put one washing machine motor to each wheel
>sync them with electronics
>stuff the boot with laptop batteries

?

Close to here, there's an electric converted Twingo owned by a local carpenter.

I wondered the same.

Would it be legal for a Burger to import one in parts, put them together with a completely different engine or even e-motor?

It's pretty much selfmade at that point.

Might be able to arrange something to register it as a kitcar or some shit.

I'm sure there's laws against that, otherwise anyone could import a silvia or something and when they get pulled over give the officers a "built not bought, I know what I got" line

>otherwise anyone could import a silvia

Maybe it is OK when it has a domestic engine.

No one would import a parted Silvia and then put a LS2 in

>tfw you can't afford a second car right now but would love to give this little shit a try

That reminds me I'd buy the plushies only to make slippers out of them. I wonder if I could fit my feet through the sunroof.

>TWINGO SLIPPERS

FUCKING HELL.
I THINK YOU JUST GAVE THE PLUSHIE DUDE THE IDEA OF THE CENTURY.

>twingo slippers

that would be extremly comfy

oh fuck. I want this to become real.

You must be foreign (not French) to actively pursue a first-generation Renault Twingo.

Unreliable, ugly, cheap interior, cheap seats, incredibly easy to steal, death trap on wheels in case of a crash. This sums up the Twingo experience.

What is wrong with you?

It's Veeky Forums, what do you expect?

You're a bit late to the party, shitposter.

t. Twingo driver

buckle up everybody and get the popcorn ready, Diesel Punto is back.

I want those fucking slippers.

>shitposter

You don't seem to understand the meaning of the word. Care to discuss cars (here the Renault Twingo) with me or continue posting super dank memes?

I don't know who Diesel Punto is.

The first-gen Renault Twingo was the epitome of the cheap car you buy because you desperately need a car but are so poor you can't even afford something better (any other car).
The key word here is "was" since even the poor abandoned that 25-year-old card for Peugeot 206s, Renault Clios and such.

I cannot understand why someone in sound mind would ever think of stepping in Renault Twingo.

4u. i have big feet.

Are these BBS wheels?

The thing is though, there are no better cars. There are tons of stories about people who bought the Twingo out of poverty and kept it because it's actually a decent and reliable car that costs next to nothing. I would take a Twingo over a shitty 206 any fucking day.

I had no problems sitting in the Twingo of one of my friends but if you want to sit in the rear, you have to push the rear seats all the way back to be comfy on longer road trips.

dunno
but
intras>everything else

You seem like you're begging for a reasonable discussion while flatout bullshitting in the entry and baiting like a faggot. None of the statements in your first post were true and were just bait.
So stop being a faggot if you want to flame the right way

I prefer steelies

if think you can squeeze a small v6 inside if you reaaly want ...

OC

"Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again."

wanted to post some small footage of the engine bay but spam bot tells me to fuck off ...

I think you're fanasizing

photos.google.com/album/AF1QipN2QHCgvYm6bGj3zEtazCuUTKMfpeeRGuv3iXFr

1.8 V6 from the mazda 323

But why not v12?
What stops you from dreaming about this?

hum would need like 30 more centimeter to fits in.

Can't be worst than espace 4 engine bay

Why not a r20b turbo?
Its small, it isn´t torque heavy and it revs pretty damn high.
Also, 300-400hp would be enough for a twingo.

Did you ever saw a 107/C1/Aygo engine bay?
Even with the 1.0l 3-cylinder it has pretty much no space left.

would fit too, if you put it behind the front seats

Sorry I couldn't respond to you earlier.
I'll post right away a compilation of images and links backing every single point I made in my previous posts.

In the mean time, can you in any way prove that anything I said is not true?

>europe1.fr/france/la-twingo-voiture-la-plus-volee-926049
2012 French article from radio station Europe 1 describing how for the fourth (4th) time in a row the Renault Twingo 1 is the most stolen car in France (oldness, availability, easiness).

>fiches-auto.fr/essai-renault/qualites_defauts-67-plus-moins-renault-twingo.php
French website gathering feedback (positive and negative) from owners.

As for the proof that it is a car for the poorest of the poor you would have to live in France (or read French car forums) to know since it isn't something documented (I could link to specific forum posts but I can't be arsed, I could link articles on the recent ban on pre-1997 cars in Paris but most Twingos are post-1997

This car is cheap by essence. For €1000 you can have a good-condition Clio II Phase 2 or even "better", you can have a 90's Japanese sedan (Honda Accord, Nissan Primera) or a Ford Focus/Mondeo that will prove to be considerably more useful (and won't crush you went you Alice in her Land Rover crashes onto you because she's text driving)

>the car was cheap from the beginning therefore it's bad

>the car is the most stolen car, therefore it's bad

Civics were absurdly cheap and are some of the most stolen cars in the States, they must be bad too and beloved by literally no one I guess?

I don't quite understand why there are people who are spending time on trying really hard to convince others who actually own a certain car that the car is bad while the original drivers are happy with it.

What's the deal with that?

Not that guy but i'll explain. Its an old car, think of how long it has spent on the road with all sorts of crap coming up from the road
Also consider its a french car, not the best in build/production quality

Things come loose, same reason that an interior screw can come loose - the entire car is moving around, flexing and being battered, even with no crashes.

Check your grounds bratajczyk

>What's the deal with that?

just another day on Veeky Forums

Would a 6'4" guy fit in a twingo?

depends on how trained that twinkos ass is

What a way of twisting my points.

>the car was cheap from the beginning therefore it's bad
Renault cut corners in basically every component of the car. Do you like look and touching toy-tier plastic? Cheap cloth seats? Outdated digital dashboard? Skinny little tires that give no grip? Weak engine (good luck overtaking)?

>the car is the most stolen car, therefore it's bad
The car has been one of the most stolen car in France not because it is sought after like a Range Rover Evoque but because you can open its doors with the most basic tools (a screwdriver). The aforementioned are so thin it is common for them to bend.
Starting the vehicle without keys is also very simple.

The Civic analogy is irrelevant.

By "some people" you must be referring to me, I was accused by of bullshitting, I'm simply showing with facts how I am not.
And isn't the point of website like Veeky Forums discussion? Would you have preferred to downvote me because I happen to not share your opinion?

>my opinions are facts

>my opinions

Thanks for reading

Okay, since you're really investing yourself into this, I'll bite.

A lot of people in here hype this car to no end because these threads are fun.
The reality is that there are about a dozen in here who actually own this car and are completely satisfied with it. They like it for what it is.

It is a cheap as fuck car, that is objectively the most practical of its class while the running costs are laughably low.
Yes, there are hatches that are faster, that have a higher quality interior or are safer (new hatches).
But if you're looking for a car that is rock bottom cheap to run, simple as a car car be and has an obscene amount of room for a tiny car, it is pretty much the best choice.

And now to some of your baiting of which you insist are facts
>it's unreliable
Can you provide some proof? These shits are literally at every corner where I live and literally no one I know had a problem with reliability
>ugly
Nice fact
>cheap interior and seats
true, what the fuck did you expect?
>incredibly easy to steal
Like about every hatch made in the early 90s to 00s
>death trap
There are far worse, ever seen a 106 or Saxo crashing? Twingos are in the middle field
>What is wrong with you?
Again, you might want to stop complaining that no one takes you seriously when you're just baiting

Are Twingos easy to wrench on? I might get one to start learning, I don't want to mess with my daily driver

preddy much.
also, there's not a lot to wrench. engine is also just a slightly improved block from the fucking 1960's if I remember correctly

>engine is also just a slightly improved block from the fucking 1960's if I remember correctly
The old Cleon engine, yeah. Later Twingos have more modern engines (D7F and D4F, the latter is still used today in turbo form).

>Where we're going, we don't need eyes to see

VW's VR6 or VR5 engines would probably be a better fit, since they were designed to fit in the space of an inline 4 to begin with.

>VR5 engine

welcome to the BONE ZONE

I wanna fuck those seats

noice