/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Big Blue Menu Edition

Last time on /hbg/: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users.
-New exploits that allow to downgrade from 11.1 are going to be released soon. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
You can downgrade from 11.0, 11.1 and 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. Check Plailect's guide.
-Unbanning is possible by replacing LocalFriendCodeSeed_B gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-Preview version of hexFW released.
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/

>Vita
-Adrenaline released. gist.github.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.titlekeys.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PS4 piracy when

3.63 unban without a second ps2 when?

Ah yes, the /vp/ shitfest is real. Bring it on, /hbg/ can handle it not like it can get much worse with freeshop being compromised and all

I bought sun and moon today at gamestop and the title id says version 0. Am I going to get banned for going online with this? I don't think Nintendo would be dumb enough to sell a bricked version, but it is Nintendo.

First for FreeShop is a honeypot.

What all do we need for slowhax and is there any specific time or person for its release? also why isn't there a .3dsx hourglass9 can you not access the nand with .3dsx files? If a .ndsi or whatever can why the fuck can't a .3dsx?

Phantasy Star games have been easy to emulate for over a decade.

>REMINDER THAT FREESHOP MIGHT BE COMPROMISED AND SEVERAL FREESHOP USERS OF MOON/SUN HAVE REPORTED BANS

>ONLY PLAY MOON/SUN IF YOU HAVE A LEGIT CART OR ESHOP PURCHASE

Carts are always v0

Anyone have Sun's Ticket/Title ID?

MYSTERY GIFT WORKS FOR MUNCHLAX

On my legit copy, but banned cause Lurantis .CIA

That makes no sense and you know it.

>come to /hbg/ after s/m lauch
>/vp/ has invaded full force
tfw

5 hours after you get tired of waiting and buy a second Vita.

3ds.titlekeys.com/

The title ID should be on the first column.

fuck off /vp/ you got your pokemon now leave and go back to your containment board.

I had some kind of emuNAND CFW months back but it stopped working for some reason (black screen when trying to boot). I want to upgrade to the new CFW but not sure which one to pick in pic related. My downgraded firmware is currently 9.2.0.

Any help?

Bullshit.

I can't install the game with FBI, it keeps failing. Did some shithead post a fake one on titlekeys?

So I know everyone's freaking out over SM, but legit hacking question: How would I install a theme without using CHMM2? I prefer having my themes accessible via home menu.

Already responded you in the other thread.

/hbg/ - Crying about a big bad /vp/ boogeyman general

Freeshop uses things from titlekeys and it installed fine on my side. Maybe your SD card is semi corrupted? I had to format mine to fix some defective parts that would sometimes make me unable to install games.

It worked for me only a few hours ago. Not sure what the issue would be.

Howling Theme Tool

Welp Sun's ends with 6800 and the only one nearly identical ends with 6900. Guess it's gone. Thanks

How would it be semi corrupted though? This is the only game that's giving me issues.

re-asking/bumping from prev thread

There is a .cia generator called Howling Tool or something, but it's very shitty. I mean, sure, it generates a .cia that can be installed and you can have your themes in the home menu, but they will disappear randomly and you have to install the .cia over and over again to regain them. I mostly found that they disappeared when I pressed the Home button while running an app or game.

You have to format your SD.

All this stuff about SM has me wondering, when you install a .cia you downloaded from somewhere, it installs the ticket for that game as well, right? Does deleting a game through the system settings remove the ticket, because until recently that's how I was removing unwanted games. Should I go digging for old tickets for uninstalled games?

There's a homebrew app for that. It's called ticket sweeper or something.

>click any of the HBL (no browser) options
>scroll to bottom where it says "if you are already on 9.2.0 or below, continue to..."
>go from there

fuck man... how do I go about it then? back-up and re-copy everything back over to my sd after format or what...?

So how do we unban?

I don't know, they're probably less than a KB and I don't want to activate my autism by finding out. I always just deleted thru system settings.

Just woke up. He's just fishing for (You)s, right? Can I go ahead and download and play Pokemon Sun/Moon online safely now?

holy fuck how did you even do it the first time if you're so fucking stupid. pick one and do whichever sounds easier.

like holy FUCK this general has gone to shit because of pokemon will it ever be over.

is this a meme translation?

It might be because the game is trying to install in a faulty section of your SD card, so it fails to do so. It's not completely corrupted, just that part where the app is trying to install something. It happened to me, so I suppose it could happen to anyone.

Reminder that you posted no sources.

Is it safe to download pokemon from the freeshop now?

Do I have a phantom title key or something?

game?

NINTENDO SENT US TO HELL
BUT WE ARE GOING TO GO EVEN DEEPER

no

reminder that everyone responding to freeshop bait is new and doesn't belong here and needs to go back to /vp/

Yes, but don't use the online functions if it isn't out on your region yet.

>pick one and do whichever sounds easier
Do I even need to do this? I'm already downgraded is what I'm saying.

>download swapdoodle from eshop, it hangs on 3ds screen
anyone else get this, moon and other games work fine

Mario Maker 3DS available for pre-order now.

Shadowverse

Nope, it works perfectly on my 3DS with A9LH.

I got an early copy of Moon 10 days ago from Billy's dump on 3dsiso. I used festival plaza once online and haven't been banned yet (eshop and online on other games are normal.) Do I just sit here and keep playing singleplayer? It seems like my early copy is legit compared to the freeshop scare

Can you use FBI to back up/restore saves? I have JKSM, but I just noticed FBI lets you browse save data.

Anyone played DJMP3 on adrenaline yet?
Every time I get to the third song the screen starts flickering and notes disappear

>installing a 3gb game only to see it fail at the end
>incorrect titlekey
WHY

repair it using fbi

help me jailbreak my iPhone

Throw it against a wall. Keep doing it until it works.

Not really sure what's going on, but is Billy's 3gb dump of Sun safe?

Miiverse knows that I have been playing Sun&Moon but I haven't used online directly in-game

What do?

Seriously, how do I unban my 3DS.

Bleachbit

Shit, just accessed eshop and got bant. Does the unban method in the Op work?
Apparently not.

In the same boat as both of you, anyone have an answer if it's safe to play online yet?

They might assume you have a review copy so you'll probably be okay.

>He's just fishing for (You)s

Thanks user.

He uploaded new cias today, he dumped them himself.
They still have the same version number because it was dumped from a cart.
And to the second dude, you got banned because you used online before the release date

now pokemon S&M has been released and is on freestore, I guess I should delete leak version and download freestore one, but will savegames remain or I must to do something before?

yugioh arc v special

>shadowverse
recommend this game too tho.

help how do I root my galaxy s7?

fuck off

backup save with JKSM

I've got a N3DS on 10.6 with a browser that I got off Craigslist. Should I do a hardware reset before starting the CFW process to erase any previous data/profiles etc on there? Or is it not needed

all me

No need. Everything will be erased anyway.

Why is my movable.sed and friend code seed the same?

back up with jksm, repair/reload, restore

optionally, dick around with pkhex before restoring if you want. if you don't know what you're doing, safe things to change even for retards are held items, money, evs (to legal values), happiness, fullness/etc., and experience/level.

Because that shit method doesn't work if you never did a system transfer into your current console.

Isn't this a home brew general? Where's the PSP guide?

But I did

It's safe to use online with the freeshop game, retards.

Just like it's safe to play Smash online from the version you got from freeshop, or MK7, or literally any other fucking game you pirate.

Stop being fucking fearmongers.

Yeah man, where the fuck is the dreamcast info?

Swapdoodle EU DLC when, please ;_;
> insert 5hoursmeme here

may god bless you with few childrens and many tries

When the fuck is slowhax coming out?

Prove it tough guy. Let's see that online play.

then it should be different.

ask in #cakey

Is there a way of downgrading an 11.0 3DS then? The guide says you need a game on the store, but how do you access the store if you can't update?

But it isn't.

Fuck my life.

swapnote US dlc, fuck you!
i don't see it anywhere and i want it dammit
these limits are more constricting than grandmas knitted christmas sweaters

Has anyone had any success with installing Linux on Windows Phones?

Well, I was just online with the Lurantis version (first time since I got the game 10 days ago) and after I played I got a system update nag.

Is 11.1.0-34E the latest version?

Is it still safe to upgrade EmuNAND on 3DS?

Yes