/mmog/ - MMO General

This general is for discussing new and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Unlocalized MMOs
pastebin.com/uZyHtnDD

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home

Other urls found in this thread:

ro.my.com/en/news/announcements/cbt1-infographic-crunching-numbers
ro.my.com/
rev.mail.ru/
tianyu.163.com/
pastebin.com/SWMZbSgY
nogaruka.net/revelationonline/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rrJOLoJsO-Cqgo7BPZ8YZFFyq6JM9BWQRf2Rgv3tXTY/edit#gid=448077723
ro.my.com/forum/thread/14531-the-soul-grid-simulator/
pastebin.com/MFFLfnWj
steamcommunity.com/groups/RevelationOnlineGeneral
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Revpasta. Next beta is scheduled for the end of the year!

>What is Revelation Online?
Revelation Online is a Chinese Xianxia-themed F2P MMORPG with a large amount of diverse content for any type and level of player.

>Current News
ro.my.com/en/news/announcements/cbt1-infographic-crunching-numbers

>Official Links
ro.my.com/
rev.mail.ru/
tianyu.163.com/

>FAQ - INFORMATIVE! READ BEFORE POSTING!
pastebin.com/SWMZbSgY

>Resources
Skill Calculator: nogaruka.net/revelationonline/
Stat Calculator: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rrJOLoJsO-Cqgo7BPZ8YZFFyq6JM9BWQRf2Rgv3tXTY/edit#gid=448077723
Soul Grid Simulator: ro.my.com/forum/thread/14531-the-soul-grid-simulator/

>Can I play now?
You can if you download and play the Chinese version, which is currently in OB. The first EN CBT went from 11/3 to 11/17, and the second CBT hasn't been announced yet.

>/revog/ Guilds
pastebin.com/MFFLfnWj

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/RevelationOnlineGeneral

>Only 13% Vanguard

>Gunslinger 19%

>Occultist 18&

I never will understand why people don't like being a tank. Its the most fun plus your're the leader.

Exactly unless you're absolutely retarded nobody is gonna blame you for fuck ups too.

Everybody is gonna blame the healer instead lel.

Because you aren't posting EPIC SICK deeps.

And the types that prefer healers can't handle the pressure of leading.

dpsmeter in MMOs was a mistake.

Vanguard has a DPS stance and tank stance, so they can kind of do both, but I would never take one over a proper DPS.

I thought VG would be the most over rolled class because everyone wanks to be the alpha MT, and rolling VG would really limit grouping options because you typically only need 1 VG in a party. So I went for DPS class, never thought it would be the opposite though

Its always like that. No one wants to be the tank. when I was younger all cared about was big numbers on my screen.

Tanks are never the most popular class in mmos.
There's a reason groups usually only need 1 tank for every 5 players at max.

tanks are circle jerked on Veeky Forums especially, and Veeky Forums guilds tend to have a lot of tanks and more healers than normal because people want to be important, but the general population of mmos tend to put more people in dps

But /terag/'s main guild only has like 3 or 4 people that enjoy tanking and that place it all about being important.

>/terag/
That explains it desu

>And the types that prefer healers can't handle the pressure of leading.
it's not about handling the pressure. there are undeniably people who just can't lead, but if we abstract from player qualities and talk about roles themselves, speaking from my experience on leadership on a serious level of pvp, leading is about knowledge of surroundings, setups, current situation, calculation of odds and prediction of enemy leader moves.
healer has to watch for bars, enemy disruptors, status effects and if we are talking about _good_ healers predict bursts, doing that along with leadership role on top complicates both.
dps have their own tasks, mainly dependent on their type and setup, some are more suited for pvp leadership, some are not - not going to go in detail here, ain't matter for this one.
tank(initiator\tackler\disruptor) on the other hand has inherent role bonus on leadership: you don't have to rely on other initiator's reaction(in small-scale YOU are the only one), you decide and execute first move/react. tank also has lot less responsibilities that draw attention than healer, so they can focus their mind on higher scale.

in pve it mostly does not matter.

I wish I had a chink son I could chain up near my computer and force to grind alts to 24 and farm essences for me all day.

Order a bride from China and have her do that.

But I'm a girl.

So? Gay marriage is a thing.

hey bby want to make a black/what ever you are mixed baby?
She can't have kids that way.

I just want to play MMOs all day and not have to work. Being a wagecuck is suffering.

The eternal struggle of holding off sidequests for max level or grind to 93 and get it over with. Are garnets the max level stone for upgrading like altheum and crude diamonds? Why did they even make it where they would become that at max level?

Add me on steam pls

>questfags
Why don't you shitter just go play a single player game instead.

Maybe cause I like to know the fucking lore of a game I'm playing. Even more so when I hear it is pretty decent.

Which is why you should just play a single fucking player game then. Those are more focused on the story and lore.

Pic related is the only MMO that got a somewhat interesting story. Not even trolling.

To this day I still haven't seen an asian MMO with a good story and lore.

I don't like star wars that much.

There are a few asian MMOs with decent plots.

However, they usually don't get localized.

The lore is ass-backward in that. It's an insult to the people who played the single-player games.

Who is pretty lightsaber lady on right and can I waifu her?

Who cares Star Wars lore is a clusterfuck at this point anyway.

you cannot be serious

I would slog through DN at my own pace if I didn't hear about the garnet shit at 93 which I assume is something I want?

ok name a MMO with a better story.

Diablo 3

It's the gem you use for enhancing 93 gear and crafting 93 plates

>Diablo 3
>MMO

Did you guys actually buy a founder pack to get into Cbt?

runescape quests

More than 30 of us did, yeah.

>can play with people online
>not an mmo
xD
nice memes

Is side quests the easiest way to get it?

Add Path of Exile to that too. I thoroughly enjoy PoE's lore.

I mean, there's only a few areas where it really makes a huge difference unless you just want to run back through every dungeon in the game multiple times again.

Mainly you should make sure to not do any of the quests from 50-60 as you can get like 6+ quests in every dungeon for that area at the same time. Do a 5town and you just earned 30+ garnets. The 70-90 dungeons are all good for it too. They give you pretty decent gold rewards already and the dungeons are fast and quests are plentiful.

But yeah the low level stuff is whatever. You could definitely make some easy guaranteed money on them if you wait but if it's really annoying you that much I'd say just don't bother. I still haven't gone back and done anything pre-50 on any of my characters.

For reference, garnets are ~6-7 gold each on NA right now, and each quest you complete will give you 1 garnet. Usually you'll have about 2-3 quests per dungeon.

Best MMO incoming.

that or disassemble theano gear

Nah, this was better

I thought that guy was holding both guns for a second.

Just getting into DN and made an Chronicle Cleric, am I able to switch between Crusader and Guardian at any time, and how are each job by end game?

And by that, I mean more so in terms of PVE.

Is the amount of people that were in Comfy alone. There were more people in normie guilds posting in the thread too.

Still sucks that it was essentially a paid beta.

Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 3

You can't in NA because there are no free class change scrolls in that server.

Both are good classes. No class in DN is bad except Light Fury really.

>DN is bad except Light Fury really.
nerfs that bad?

So if I ended up not liking Guardian I would have to buy a change through the cash shop and vice versa? I'm thinking of going Guardian because I usually like tanking, are there any recommended builds for it?

Just make a new character if you don't like it.

The problen with LF is that it lacks offensive so to play solo decently as LF you must spend a lot of SP on Abyss Walker skills, so SP is super tight compared to other classes and yes that fucking sucks. You may wanna be full support but then why pick LF when Physician and Saint can comfortably heal and contribute with damage?

And the class won't get tweaked until it gets it's Awakening so if you choose LF you are fucked for at least 6 months more.

True enough, though I'd actually have to level it unlike my chronicle character.

If you can this character you created you will get EXP bonus for the next one so don't worry.

Don't delete your Chronicle character because you can only create one per event.

Cap*

You get a exp bonus for the whole account every time you cap a character (capped at 5 characters).

Ah ok, and I'm assuming you can make another chronicle character whenever the level cap is increased?

It's also advised to not really gear your chronicle character too heavily. Normal characters get free strong costume items, mounts, storage space, and a lot more level up boxes than chronicle characters do and they make your life a lot easier aside from having to level them.

Just get the chronicle to 93 for the rewards and the 50% boost and make a new fresh character if you don't want to regret it later.

Though I will say that if you're going to make a chron character and stick with them, guardian/saint would be the ideal classes to do it. They don't need heavy gearing to do anything as they do no damage regardless so the free costumes aren't that needed and everything else is more of a luxury.

Crusader is VERY expensive to gear if you want to dead good damage in pve, it's like a car with only first and 5th gear where with epic/unique grade gear it will do poorly but if you gear it with legendaries it's damage will be one of the highest.
Guardian is the total opposite being really easy and cheap to gear, just pump that hp and you're good to go, hell if you know the rotations you can go naked and just turtle whole time.

You can make another Chronicle whenever the next Chronicle event opens

Does anyone here play LOTRO? I've never played it myself but I used to love being in the threads for it way back when. I've never met a nicer community in any MMO, was just curious if the game is still populated.

I don't think LoTRO will ever truly die, kind of like D&DO. I always go back to D&DO between game releases and there's a generally a good amount of people to do dungeons with.

>Naikara
What a shitty guild leader

Naikara isn't shitty, he's just quiet and generally keeps to himself. Better than having a dramababy, IMO.

New expansion story is fun as hell

At this point its more mmo than wakfu

I don't even know what I'm doing with my life anymore

How is the game?

why the fuck did they make wily cost 3ap

Why is there so much shittalking of Wakfu in particular?
inb4 cuz it ded

Wakfu is fun, but it's ded.

It's ok. You got two different levels to level. Explorer and Settler, doing quest and building shit, basically. You go to a randomized isle for quests. You go around and beat up bandits/skeletons, loot their chests in their houses/towns/towers/underground lair. Underground lairs have a boss at the end which drops treasure orbs which you take to a guy to open and it spits out equipments/building recipes/etc depending on what type of orb it was.

You got swords, daggers, axes, spears, war hammer/battle axes. War hammer/battle axe seems to be the best weapon just because it has huge knockback. one hand weapon/shield worked nicely since it seems you can block everything. Maybe not special attacks tho. Speaking of special attacks, you can charge one up when you got a full charge meter, which you build up by landing consecutive attacks. It'll drain if you don't attack for a while and if you get hit. Each weapon's got their own unique charge.

Lack of inventory space is a bitch when you've been running around and looting shit.

What's your IGN?

Soul Blazer. I already logged off though

Isn't there a PvP guild too, or was that removed? Haven't played since last year.

>/revog/ never got a group picture for the end of CBT1
guess I'll just have to wait until OBT to make friends

So what's the best MMO right now? Free or otherwise.

>pugged a random 3* once
>rest of party repeatedly wipes (over 30+ times)
>got rekt once because no heals
>apparently now I'm a 1 shot tank
>literally stand in front of boss next couple of tries and never dodge
>never got 1 shotted
You'll never get blamed if you never die, but the moment you do, they'll pounce on you like vultures.

yea i pugged a 2* before the day before beta ended trying to do my godmodes, team kept wiping at last boss, logged out cause I was over beta at that points

Nerd

send help I just autistically grinded for 5 hours on bdo wheres revo cbt2

Not necessarily the best, but the most populated
WoW, FFXIV, Tera, GW2, bunch of people on EVE now that it's f2p

Revelation Online when it goes into OBT if the first beta's population is anything to go by. Besides that, covered pretty much everything besides maybe BnS since they recently got new content.

bored

why does dofus have such imbalanced server populations

dead games are generally like that

a shame

That's how Aion is at the moment. Merging servers would be fucking amazing.