pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-iCrOdAGp3uQ9I0VgQYU2Ug2d4w2PbQZhBnobLakaMs/pubhtml
reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4lfkus/i_made_a_visualized_spreadsheet_of_parry_tool/?st=ivoblswc&sh=7bf465c9
reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4h537m/all_parrying_tools_frame_data_tldw_inside/?st=ivobmoc0&sh=65fde78e
youtube.com/watch?v=EoyRcGkDnJo
youtube.com/watch?v=D3Wa4bx6t-A
youtube.com/watch?v=HQLVeCzZT6s
youtube.com/watch?v=1ICHQPOYz2c
darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Boromir
youtube.com/watch?v=KnxgQMSsc8c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

People that point down after a solid/non-meta/fair duel: what's your story?

I'd just like to know what is going through your head when you do it. Of course you're entitled to use whatever gesture you want after a fight. Hell, if there were a "middle finger" gesture, I'd expect it to get frequent use; but for scummy wins and cheap tactics, not for genuinely enjoyable and good-natured fights.

Are you upset I'm not running a build identical to yours? Are you offended that I actually took away most of your health? Are you legitimately out to passive aggressively rub salt in a wound? Let me know, cause y'all fascinate me.

I won't even disclose the amount of salty mail I've gotten from people that BEAT me (Yes. They won, and felt the need to message me about it). But the content ranges from homophobic epithets, assaults on my integrity as a gamer, and of course unprovoked/unwanted advice on how to play the game "properly."

Seems no matter what weapon/build I run, I am a magnet for this kind of behavior.

And no, my username isn't ISISnazi420blazeit (that was taken unfortunately).

So tell me: what's the real story?

Who or what is the guy in the OP picture?

I hope they add a mother's mask that gives you 1% more health.

Is it fun?
The legendary "Some Guy"
He's on the cover of Das2 SOTFS

It's.... just a taunt. There's no deeper meaning. People BM in literally any competitive environment. Pro StarCraft players will drop mules to confirm a victory, FPS players teabag, etc. most of the time it isn't even meant as disrespect, more of a cocky flourish or victory celebration. This post feels so unnecessary lol there's no need to pathologize bad manners.
Harassment messages are a different deal entirely and the biggest reason I don't play anything competitive on PC anymore; some people can take it, personally I find it too draining.

The real story is ur a faget

I'm not even sure why I bother playing this game anymore. The majority of the people I lose to aren't even winning base off of skill, but just blind parries and exploitations of gameplay mechanics. I had one person I fought consistently press L2 during the entire fight looking to get a parry while I hit him with claymore combos. He finally got one after about fifty fucking attempts and low and behold 2/3 of my health was now gone. I then decided to go for a 1HR2 to try to finish off the small amount of health he had left, but he apparently had a little more than I thought and just poised through my hit and BSed me. The entire fight the only two "hits" he got in on me was a lucky parry and a poise BS, and he proper bows at the end like he won by some kind of skill. I'm starting to see more and more each and every day why Claire does what he does.

>invading in archives
>some CCS shitter re-summons his buddy constantly
>wreck them two times in a row, killing his buddy at least 3 times
>his sign ain't passworded
>mfw

>soulsborne

Which had more humanoid bosses? Dark Souls 2 or 3?

kind of

I've invaded a lot SL40-70, and have barely come across any ganks.

How fucking shit can you be HAHHAHAAAAH

he should have pointed down on your ass dumb motherfucker

What does t. Claire do?

fuck, forgot webm

ahn

What would give me more item discovery?
having two Hollow Dark Sword +10's in both hands, or a Hollow Dark Souls +10 and a Crystal Sage's Rapier equipped?

I have 99 Luck btw.

More consistent level lengths and checkpointing.
Focus on combat that's somewhere between Dark Souls 1 and 3 in terms of speed.
Magic makes the game super easy to cheese so I'd advise you don't start as a caster class.
Try to keep your inventory as clean as possible because of Stonefang Tunnel is kinda shit but you can find a lot of upgrade stones there
Ignore World Tendency until after you're done with the game, maybe 2 or so playthroughs.
Equip weight under 50% gives you fastroll.
Bleed is given by any weapon with slash type damage, it works like Poison does in Dark Souls 1.

Reposted since I missed the new thread.

DS2, but it also had twice the number of bosses overall DS3 had.

>"Some Guy" on the cover of Das2 SOTFS
Yeah, I know that much. Has no one figured out what he's supposed to be?

is better than him

>tfw if stone ring was removed ds2 pvp would be the best

The solution to the curse is unbirthing into Gwynevere's sunny pussy

a Forlorn
Was an Invader added in DaS2 SOTFS.

Its k if you didn't know. Its nothing worth checking.

Its the dark spirit forlorn.

some lorefag probably figured out he was velka all along

NPC invader called the forlorn or something.

It would still look and feel like shit unfortunately.

i thought it was a forlorn

>extra 20 poise damage

>in a game where daggers can do 90

It's not even good

i wish scythes had an immense amount of poise break
they are too easy to HA through with greatswords

Look at your own posts before you post something as fucking stupid as that.
Sure, I'm being an asshole to you, but I'm not being an asshole to other people. Maybe if you had one fucking ounce of a brain, you'd be able to determine why. Being a fucking unlikable shit won't get you anywhere in life. And based on the way you react to things, and your superiority complex, you're more than just a fucking unlikable shit, you're literally lower than the lowest lifeform on this planet that still has a brain to operate. I don't need your help, because I've got other people who are actually respectable humans beings that would be willing to help. Lucifer is a better person than you, even if he has his quirks. He doesn't go all out and start hating on everyone who calls him a faggot, and he tries to respond in politeness to anyone who fucking helps. You're the fucking asshole here, on a larger scale than I or anyone else.
Get fucked, kid.

Forlorn is a grill

>they are too easy to HA through with greatswords
That's true of almost every weapon class
FUCK greatswords, they need to get the halberd treatment and have their poise health mod severely nerfed

rapier has 10 poise break, with stone ring (+30) a single hit can break 40 poise (medium armor) and 2 hits (80) can break heavy armor poise, its insane

bump. help a nigga farm

nah, greatswords are a good counter for fast spammy shit and need to stay this way
but they need to lose a trade against any medium weapon

>Harassment messages are a different deal entirely and the biggest reason I don't play anything competitive on PC anymore; some people can take it, personally I find it too draining.

Really? I love that shit. Too bad there isn't global text chat in DaS3

Greatswords are good, but I at least enjoy playing against them and trying to counter them. With success by the way.

I've played the Souls games for a while now and it usually fizzles out (in context of co-op PVE) around the 130-175 soul level range.

The majority of fun I have in this game is grinding out mass amounts of souls, getting a single level for it, and doing it again. I enjoy running extra boss fights, farming the Gertrude Knights before going to next NG, and gaining tons of materials and soul levels.

What sucks is I rarely ever see any summon signs after about SL225 or so. I want to grind all the way through NG+9 and beat it as many times as I can but sometimes I just need a little help.

To those of you in the same boat as me, you 225+ rank folks, keep putting those summon signs down!

Also, if any of you have discord or something, I have zero friends who play the Souls series. I have a great group who plays BF1 and other shooters but none on the DS series so I am looking for a crew to run with.

(I play on PC)

don't post this game here

god it looks so fucking ugly

Oh. Never recognized him with his glowing red armor. I also didn't recognize the sword in pic related until I asked about it here.DS2 sure wasn't my favourite soulsgame

>responding to pasta

Dark Souls 2:
>Pursuer
>Dragonrider
>Twin Dragonriders (2)
>Old Dragonslayer
>Sentinels (3)
>Lost Sinner
>Smelter
>Blue Smelter
>Prowling Magus
>Looking Glass Knight
>Velstadt
>Vendrick
>Skeleton Lords
>Darklurker
>Throne Watcher/Defender
>Nashandra
>Elana
>Varg, Cerah, Graverobber (3)
>Fume Knight
>Alonne
>Ivory King
So that's 26 if you count every single humanoid, but there are 20 humanoid boss encounters out of 41 bosses.
Dark Souls 3:
>Iudex Gundyr
>Champion Gundyr
>Watchers
>Deacons
>Pontiff
>Yhorm
>Dancer
>Dragonslayer Armor
>Lothric/Lorian
>Nameless King
>Soul of Cinder
>Champion Gravetender
>Friede/Ariandel
15 humanoid bosses, 13 humanoid boss encounters out of 21 bosses.

Covetous Gold Serpent Ring+2, Symbol of Avarice, Crystal Sage Rapier, Rusted Gold/Silver Coins.

That's what you should use, and get 400+ discovery easily.

That's not how poise works.
Stone ring does not add 30 base poise damage. That would be insane.

Rapiers (except estoc) actually do some of the least poise damage in the game, a paltry 35 per 1hr1.
Stone ring increases that to 65. Or 55.
The average heavy armor wearer swinging a HA weapon has effectively 240 poise.

Educate yourself
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-iCrOdAGp3uQ9I0VgQYU2Ug2d4w2PbQZhBnobLakaMs/pubhtml

this thread moves so fast, bumpm help

it doesn't even matter
the problem of ds2's humanoids is that they are all samey as fuck

The problem wasn't 'humanoid' bosses. That's just a fucking meme. DaS2 bosses are uninspired as fuck, regardless of what they were.

Heh, I saw this post on reddit earlier as I was trying to find a gif of the Point Down emote.

>Educate yourself
>reddit science

Reminder we only have 11 wikis due to reddit's wiki war.

crystal meth on both veins

>yfw people praise das3's bosses but shit on das2's for being oversized humanoids, even though 3 has a higher ratio of humanoid bosses

That post was deleted as well. However it will continue to live on as glorious pasta.

Let's continue the parry tool discussion, shall we?

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4lfkus/i_made_a_visualized_spreadsheet_of_parry_tool/?st=ivoblswc&sh=7bf465c9
reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4h537m/all_parrying_tools_frame_data_tldw_inside/?st=ivobmoc0&sh=65fde78e

If anyone's got some better sources or knowledge from experience, I'd appreciate it. I'm especially interested in learning how to parry with a lothric knight shield and the rapier for their dual uses.

>ds2 apologists

The hate for humanoid bosses is absurd to begin with. Non-humanoid bosses are almost never good.

people shit on ds2 bosses because they are bad
all humanoids in ds2 are samey as shit, in ds3 they use completely different tactics and movesets

>miyazakidrones

Are you being a tricky trickster or are you actually are you actually too dumb to see why this doesn't work

>due to reddit's wiki war.
tell me more

bumnp

I'd like his greatsword to come back, neat gimmick
but it won't now that the onyx GS exists

>not the boromir page

Show me all of the other science then.
Oh, there is none?
heh

>No edition
>Doesn't link to the last thread
Kill yourself OP

>youtube.com/watch?v=EoyRcGkDnJo
>youtube.com/watch?v=D3Wa4bx6t-A
>youtube.com/watch?v=HQLVeCzZT6s
>youtube.com/watch?v=1ICHQPOYz2c

>This guy gets to actually speak on behalf of the Souls community

>neat gimmick
More like a gimmick that made it useless outside of arena.

so when you disconnect directly upon invading, is that the netcode shitting up, or the host alt+f4ing?

His greatsword was a paddle to end all paddles.

The only thing worse than no information is bad information. Any "soulscience" coming from reddit is not trustworthy at all since they'll simply claim they ripped from the game files just to shove a new page in their favorite wiki.

Thankfully it's not as bad as it was in ds2's time because fextra paid to be on google results.

Without any messages? That's the host dying almost immediately after you connect to him, so when you enter his world his body has already despawned. Fade to black, fade to your own loading screen, back in your own world.

Usually the netcode.
Most of times the host disconnected for other reason while you were in the loading screen

I believe the fist weapon recovery matches parry shield recovery now, making parry shields a viable alternative to fist weapons. The only benefit they have over parry shields is the weight.

I don't know for sure though. My source is some posts I've seen here and Reddit, but I haven't seen any actual frame data. It feels the same to me in-game as well.

If you're learning to parry the most reliable way is to use shit with early startup, it's way more important than more frames or whatever. If you're already decent at parrying with those then it won't take too long to adjust to medium shield/rapier, but every parry will be more risky and slightly more difficult.

>youtube.com/watch?v=EoyRcGkDnJo
This triggers me so much.
t. German

Any jolly cooperators here tonight?

The what now?

>hiding behind the cathedral with Vilhelm during invasions just to see how hosts cope with doing at least something on their own
>60% of them are dying
>rest burn through so much flasks i can starve them to death
Best fucking scrub smasher in series.
Most hilarious thing is that he's completely fair unlike DS2 invaders with 5k hp and animation cancels, just forces 1vs1.

not like random invasions were a thing in that game anyway
and I was thinking of the bleed, though the scythe was better for that

Except most if not all science came from Reddit so far and was accurate as fuck?
Do you think reddit is only the people who make the shitty wiki, that reddit is made of 3 people? Dude.

>FINALLY get the motivation to start a new character
>Spend a lot of time creating the face
>Pressing "Similar Face" in character creation overwrites everything else you did to the face
>You can't just go back

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!
I guess i'll drop the game for another 3 months

darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Boromir

Whats so weird about him is that he's actually pretty charismatic and well spoken, but at the same time his whole shtick is extremely cringeworthy.

He's an anomaly.

it looked like a greatsword sized dark sword, something a darkwraith could have used

>not showing recovery frames
What a useless image.

>No exposed skin around the arms
Nah

>tfw attemping a no-summon challenge run
Wish me luck, guys.

Yeah when he was swimming in new londo maybe.

reminds me of youtube.com/watch?v=KnxgQMSsc8c

>likes exposed elbows

what's wrong with you?

the greatsword was better both at doing damage and at bleeding
it got a good scaling bonus when infused with bleed that made it better than dark or uninfused

great weapon

>redditspeak
>vouching for reddit

Fuck off with your "science", if there's no proof other than "lmao I took from the game files" then it's bullshit.

I see what you did there user.

I remember you.

Trapfu bestfu

You need any help? just set the pass to dsg name the boss

PC FC pls.