/shmupg/ Shooting Game General

You're going to get that 1cc! edition

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: Need something to play? Check this out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

Blue Revolver
store.steampowered.com/app/439490/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/Shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv
youtube.com/watch?v=1d8d5CdyAKA
youtube.com/watch?v=Cam3ghyZq3k
youtube.com/watch?v=MvUFYWBHc6M
youtube.com/watch?v=7vttDyj6QZ0
youtu.be/qXq_5tPXiBA?t=1903
youtube.com/watch?v=OkaYhRxRFfo
youtube.com/watch?v=3-PT5haviQw
vocaroo.com/i/s0J25pm1UW8L
youtube.com/watch?v=wgPieC_Z1Uw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for fish.

>tfw you get 1cc but you still feel empty

Third for more fishies

ur evolving, go for highscore

Wake up /shmupg/

Morning!

SDOJ: twitch.tv owarabi

I want to watch this ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=1d8d5CdyAKA
Zuntata really does help this shit come to life. I loved giant fish battle. I'm a sucker in general for when the boss is the entire stage

system rinkai made cuntstop

>bikini girls
what's the story behind these inappropriate appearances?

why is this song so good? It fits perfectly with the boss too.

That's just the genre's life support machine.

There was a rumor that the less clothes your wear the more your powerlevel are.

Zuntata are the best!
youtube.com/watch?v=Cam3ghyZq3k
youtube.com/watch?v=MvUFYWBHc6M
youtube.com/watch?v=7vttDyj6QZ0
youtu.be/qXq_5tPXiBA?t=1903
youtube.com/watch?v=OkaYhRxRFfo

I wish they made more music for more games. Most games have such shit music nowadays, it would be so refreshing to just hear good, interesting music in videogames again. Imagine an FPS or something with a Zuntata soundtrack instead of generic electronic/orchestral trash. I want it!

They stream from time to time. Still release older albums. I own everything that they've released that reasonably possible to own. While I appreciate and love everything they do, I still think that there should be a passing of the torch. It's just a shame the passing of the torch ended in hands that fumbled the torch.

What do you mean? I know Hisayoshi Ogura largely stopped working with Zuntata, but I hope you don't mean to say that Darius Burst has a bad soundtrack or anything! The new guys are very good at keeping the avant-garde, beautiful Zuntata spirit alive!

I only have the Darius Burst albums aside from the DLC remixes album, I'll get that at some point too though.
I wish I could get the other Darius soundtracks too though, but they haven't really been reissued as far as I know. I guess I could import the Darius 30th anniversary box for the series soundtracks... but it wouldn't be the same thing as having them in their separate form!

>Darius Burst has a bad soundtrack or anything!
I would never say that! I thought we were talking about the industry at a whole. When I said passing of the torch I didn't mean internally but from one generation to the next.

And it's still possible to get many of the darius soundtracks, but it's gonna cost a lot.

Oh, right. Well yeah, the industry has just kinda devolved in many ways in trying to ape movies and the music is one of the things that suffered the most from it.
But I guess it might just be pessimism too. There are a lot of games with good soundtracks still, but there's nothing quite like Darius around anymore. Zuntata never cared about standard music writing; as long as it sounds good and appropriate for the atmosphere and feeling, anything goes. I really appreciate that. Fuck having to adhere to 4/4 beats or bars or standard melodies, fuck having to make synthy or rocky music for a shmup, it can be jazzy or completely dissonant, and anything else too!

And yeah I've looked for the Darius soundtracks on the Japanese Amazon. There are some offers, but they're all used and bloody expensive! I want factory-new copies! I'll gladly throw a lot of money at them too!

I'd also love to have Silver Hawk figurines, but the onlyy ones that seem to exist are Darius Burst ones, and they're cool, but I want the original Silver Hawks if possible too!

>the original silver hawk
Oh man. That's gonna be rough.

But hey I figure if it's still possible to get the Ray'z Preimum Box then-
Speaking of the premium box, or really Ray Crisis, I had been listening to Metal Black - The First for years before I finally became aware of the group as, well a group. Rayforce/storm/crisis are so well sounding and pretty different from each other, as were arrange albums Rubbing Beat, neu Tanz, and Rayons de l'air.

And while non shmup related Future Express from the rare selection and the 98 performance sticks out to me particularly well for some reason.

Which that they stand out for their music during a time when shmups as a rule generally had good music is a testament to their ability.

I swear CCWI Stage 1 is the highest stage with rng bullshits

matmouse on a good run

The last time he got a new PB was April

Is he the Japanese Gus?

No it's just the game is pretty much maxed out and he basically needs a perfect run at this point.

How can non-autists even compete?

Even the Japanese superplayers feel pain.

The arcade doesn't close for another hour

Is he going to score in secrecy?

>You will never be a young boy in the Czech Republic, bullying an autistic memer for playing little anime girl dot dodging games

serves him right, he trusted a neurotypical!

What game?

bump

100 members in the steam group! Lets celebrate!

Do we celebrate with lil' stgt?

This

Where's my Siter Skain week

I just noticed that enemy bullets tend to be red or blue. Why is that? Visibility or just tradition?

P-pink is close enough

A lot of games use yellow or orange. Red/blue is more of a CAVE thing. Pink's god tier for visibility though

Congratulations, Cream!

>Congratulations, Cream!
this desu, cream is legit I hope she goes on to beat more psikyos than BOS

Did she 2-all gunbird 2?

Visibility. The exact colors vary, but it's almost universally bright colors that aren't the player's shot color.
Having the bullets be hard to see is just bullshit. Having the bullets look like not-bullets is just bullshit. Looking at you Touhou, fucking retarded bullets that look like point items.

aye

youtube.com/watch?v=3-PT5haviQw

Because they learned from the colossal train-wreck of a failure that was the shittiest stg of all time (Battle Garegga)

say that to my fucking face n*rd

Nice, that death at 2-6 must have stung

twitch tv/infirex

Practicing the 2nd loop

vocaroo.com/i/s0J25pm1UW8L

not as much as the stream the night before, at the last dragon, she catched wrong key changing the window priority and dies to gameover.

Bump

Find hidden B

Stream's over. Today, I died a lot, but I pretty much figured out the bosses I fought. Now I only need to get consistent at the current stage order, then I'll move on the next one.
Oh, and chat was unusually lively, which was quite a sight.

Thanks for watching.

Bump

Literally flawless in my eyes. I love this game

Today's video is a high-scoring Giga Wing 1cc by Koizumin. I have been asked to upload it because he wanted the run to be made available on YouTube. youtube.com/watch?v=wgPieC_Z1Uw

The quality is a bit low, but it's the only thing I could do with the source video which was provided.

>now even japanese superplayers post there
did you tell him to come to /shmupg/?

I think I'm at that mission too, and it fucking sucks! What's his name? Brute Gluttons? Such a faggot. It's like a 10-minute fight with the Silver Hawk Second.

Good taste, user. Love the music as well.

Playing any shmups but Touhou is delusional. Do you seriously think you're just going to be fine? When you get good and realize with the utmost clarity that there is no challenge to be found in arcade STG, you will turn to the real deal: the Touhou series. So you'll start up Perfect Cherry Blossom Lunatic, and you can't even dodge anything. You just wasted thousands of hours playing primitive arcade shooters disguised as hardcore STG. You're going to spend thousands more learning the TRUE pixel perfection of unfocused grazing. There's Yu-suke among the onlookers of your stream, but you can't graze worth a damn and he's not going to see a reason to respect you as a player. Already, he has left. Yeah, SPS was a CAVE warrior, and he suffered for it, forever bound to his dead arcade scene of the most basic shit, unable to impress anyone of importance anymore.

>forever bound to his dead arcade scene of the most basic shit
that's no different with 2hu-fags, worst is they bound forever with stage 1 restarts

that's copypasta user. Assuming it wasn't, the main goal should always be fun. Fun working to the 1cc. Later fun working to a high score. But always fun.

I have fun not having fun

Wake up /shmupg/!

Busy playing shmups

y would a girl from a bug village have such lewd panties?

what draws you to japanese dot dodging simulators?

for me it's that they don't have any leveling up, no real tedium, no bullshit, it's basically just a 'pure' experience of you against the game, no real ways to cheat things

same reason I like fighting games

You know that canonically Reco doesn't wear any, right?

I autistically but unapologetically genuinely enjoy the patterns in 2hu.

W-well then...

They're one of the few types of games that remains utterly free of multiplayer and all the cancer that entails.

Not... exactly....

how do I get gud

be born with innate talents

That's a fighting game, user.

Please, let me call it a fighting game.

Grind daily

be japanese

>for me it's that they don't have any leveling up, no real tedium, no bullshit, it's basically just a 'pure' experience of you against the game, no real ways to cheat things
what you said + they are the closest thing to anime and are heavily influenced by it. which is kinda the case with figthing games too, but they have too many buttns.

Do you like the grindan game?

I saw that thing!

what was it?

ickaruhga is ka schmupp des is a busselspiel

Do I have to get a jpn xbox to play DoDonPachi?

The purity, the fast pace, the challenge and most importantly just the general feel of dodging/controlling dots and destroying everything in your path. Even when I could barely get through the first two levels of any shmup I still loved playing them because of how satisfying it is.

No, you only have to download the pack in the Mega link in the OP to play it on MAME.

What if I want to play it on 360?

What's going on /shmupg/ don't let this thread die!

On 360? The only JP only DDP title is DOJ.

Yes, That's what I meant. Do I need a JPN Xbox to play DOJ?

Unfortunately yes. Unless there is a work around.

Yeah pretty sure it's region locked
It's a bad port though, MAME is more accurate.

Cute miko

Bump, let's keep this thread alive.

new wr?