/simg/ - Simulation Games General

dead ass my general edition

Previous Sortie: A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>/simg/ TeamSpeak:
ts3.nogf.moe

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tankfag pastebin:
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>OP pastebin:
pastebin.com/yXeNzrpg

>Example of welcome sims
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT: Rally, Ship Simulator

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arm*, Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____, The S*ms, S*m C*ty

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CjO_Rz2mOgo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

-> BMP

so was there even a newsletter today

I think it was literally just the NTTR video.

Glad to see all that manpower going into a map 90% of the community doesn't have/want

What the fuck is worng with the engine?
My fps instantly drops to 20-30 as soon as i turn my head in the direction of 10 or more ground targets. Are they going to fix this performance issue in the near future or should i just end myself because i cant stand this much stutter

good morning guys

OH HAI YO :3

>nttr video
link pls

The only people who dont want it are the ones who dont understand how real world flight ops work, have a complete lack of aviation historical knowledge of the area and how its contributed to the advancements in aerospace, and of course never served in the air force in real life.

The only people who want are are complete utter autists, like you.

Enjoy role playing as chuck yeager you faggot.

Ignoring the whole wasted resources argument, the updated NTTR map is pretty good. It's practically the whole state of Nevada at this point.

>admitting I've never even been to Nellis in real life and am jealous other people here are there on the reg

God that looks like shit

Not him, but I know how real world flight ops work, been in the area, know a lot about aviation history, I know how important the air bases in the area are in terms of amazing secret shit that gets flown out there, and I still think NTTR is a waste of time.

At least from a consumer standpoint.

From the military point of view, as in selling DCS to the people that actually make ED money, having an admittedly amazing representation of NTTR nets them a shit ton of brownie points in the eyes of the people who buy these things for training. I bet you that at IITSEC in a couple weeks, ED will be there showing off the latest version of NTTR in The Battle Simulator.

I'm confident that marketing TBS for professional training was a factor in ED committing to NTTR.

I have no doubts its a good terrain. It looks amazing. The actual ground is meh, but the city looks great.

My issue with it is that its such a restrictive and limited theater in terms of scenarios.

>I got randomly stationed at Nellis so that is why NTTR is a good DCS map

Good argument man.

I think NTTR is neat, don't get me wrong. It's really cool to fly over areas I actually recognize. However, it still bothers me that this is the first terrain ED has done, and the first terrain added to DCS after flying over Georgia for 10 years.

If this was the second or third terrain I wouldn't mind at all, and in fact I'd probably be pretty for it, but I would much rather have had something more than a terrain for pretend fighter pilots to have a good wank over how cool Red Flag and the US are.

Hormunz would have been a much more interesting first terrain.

>still think NTTR is a waste of time.
>goes on to state how it was brilliantly designed and marketed

Not only is Nevada great for the practical purpose of milsim training for the USAF/ANG, there's also another reason it was modeled, along with the A-10C, and the emphasis on WW2 fighter modules, and the upcoming F-18, former Jane's dev Matt Wagner is slowly using DCS to revive every Jane's sim he can under the DCS umbrella, unfortunately younglings like the idiot above cant appreciate that. Those of us who have been flying and simming for over 20 years know the new golden age is nearing, and it's all thanks to a guy who saw an A-10 sim die along with an entire game development studio before most of the posters here were old enough to talk

Oh god are you the one autist from 2 threads ago who got baited and bodied so hard he sperged out?

I've been flying and simming for over 20 years. You are delusional.

>delusional
>literal Jane's F-18, A-10, WW2 Fighters, and USAF are being modeled right now

DCS WW2 only exists because another company tried to make it, failed, and ED took it on because they figured they could crank some cash out of it

besides IL-2 is better for WW2 stuff anyway lmao

>IL2
>literally no where near accurate flight models
>DCS WW2 has the same planned flyable planeset of Janes WW2 Fighters with the most accurate fm's technology can produce

at this point I can't tell if you're shitposting or just bluepilled as fuck

>you're shit posting
>in other words Im just mad everything you've said is right

>literally no where near accurate flight models
>DCS which has many broken flight models and year old bugs is accurate
you need better bait

>literally said IL2 is the best WW2 sim
>literal on rails flight modeling

>le on rails flight modeling meme

>tfw won't have a functional CF-18 variant with its Tu-95 troll light

>Tu-95 troll light
Please tell me more

I would just count him as jealous for missing the golden age of flight sims.

I dunno about the golden age having already passed. Even though sims always lag behind by half a decade they benefit the most from advancing tech & available hardware. I'm waiting for home-VR to come out of it's teething period and it seems like the population of people playing proper sims is growing more than it has in the last 10 years.

I can see some good times ahead at least for il-2 considering they are going back to their old style of expac pacs done by theatres/battles. Along with them pumping them out at an effective rate.

I couldn't say the same for DCS sadly. The fact its been on the same map for a decade plus shows the state its in.

I don't think any other flight sim has done multiplayer parasite planes

I know, but the OS is still a big factor in performance, especially for older games

I just hope they fix the performance that BoS has currently, it's kinda shit.

And that they finally add that DCG that they had for RoF. I suppose at least PWDCG works with it though.

That said, old IL2 is still the most comfy if you have a well modelled cockpit and plane. The 4.13 Liberator is nice.

>My issue with it is that its such a restrictive and limited theater in terms of scenarios.
Just as restrictive as Georgia, you're not bound to playing events that actually happened you know?

Just like not every mission over Georgia is a recreation of the 2008 war, not every mission over the NTTR has to be a recreation of a Red Flag meet.

>I just hope they fix the performance that BoS has currently, it's kinda shit.
DX11 is slated for sometime December, they usually hit their targets so I'm optimistic.

Yeah Georgia can easily double as Vietnam theatre or really anything you would like!
You just gotta believe!

haha kiddo, looks like I just insinuated that the game you're playing has 'on-rails flight models'.

heheheheh, what are you going do about that huh? there's no way you can defend yourself against such a vague assertion.

Looks like I win again.

Checkmate,
baited,
bodied.

But with NTTR it can easily double as a some sandy shithole.

Yeah with all the american style towns and airfields it could totally be iraq or afghanistan!
You DCSfags are desperate and cling to anything that might make your shit game look less shit.

People who chastise NTTR and then defend Georgia in the same sentence are a bit strange desu.

>Yes all the Russian style towns and airfields are totally like vietnam.

I mean user

>You DCSfags are desperate and cling to anything that might make your shit game look less shit.

>OH NO i'm playing a shitty games, all the cool kids will point and laugh at me

Stop being so pathetic.

i am pretty sure the comment about georgie/vietnam was irony user, do you perhaps have autism if you can't pick up on things like this?

>I am pretty sure the comment about georgie/vietnam was irony user

irony ≠ sarcasm, you dumb fuck

>I was only pretending to be retarded

>Irony

Truly american.

Assetto Corsa worth getting if I just got a wheel?

what else you gonna use that wheel for?

Dirt Rally and a bit of rFactor as is. Just looking at what else is good, given that I usually play flight sims.

>Viggen
>AV-8B
>F/A-18C
>F-14A/A+/B

2018 YEAR OF DCS

try 2020 at the earliest

youtube.com/watch?v=CjO_Rz2mOgo
>On 4 June 2015, a Su-34 had an accident in Russia's Voronezh region while conducting a routine training mission. The airplane's parachute failed to open after landing and the Su-34 slid off the runway and flipped over. Nobody was killed.

rip planefu ;_;

I need a new monitor and not sure If I should get an Ultra wide or 3 monitors. Anyone here uses an ultrawide? Mostly for euro/murricanTruck sim and farming sim. Sometimes IL-2 stalingrad.

Do fighter jets have checklists?

Like, a paper one that'd just be lying around, or are you expected to be genius enough to always know what to do without needing a reference sheet?

I use an ultrawide, it's very nice. I feel the benefit more when doing work than playing games though.

Pic related.

What did he mean by this?

Paper checklists (or I guess iPad ones) that say for example
LANDING CHECKLIST:
FLAPS: 30
LANDING GEAR: DOWN
LANDING LIGHTS: ON

and so on.

Though I'd assume use would be far less rigid in fighters than airliners, I wonder if it's present at all just to refresh your own memory or make sure you don't forget anything on start-up.

what monitor and specs on pc? Any notable differences in performance? I got pic related. Had no problems running anything yet.

Yes, they have checklists, especially given potential damage that can occur during combat.

I imagine at some point you have it memorized, but I do have some checklists like that for Spitfires lying around.

What would be interesting is the emergency and abnormal procedures though.

are you me?

>Any notable differences in performance?
Obviously, I don't have any trouble but I naturally lose fps, how much depends on game. Not too much though, 10 or so?

>join server that includes a pve zone
>bunch of FC3 niggers shooting people down in that particular zone over and over

Delete FC3

Allright. Well not much then. My current monitor has a lot of screentearing and don't like using the the tv for sims, only games I can play with a 360 controller.

I turn off VSync for the sake of performance, so I guess I get some tear but I really don't notice it.

I could just be used to it I guess. I've an ASUS PB298, I'm very happy with it.

Stupid question here but since you got pretty much the same setup, do you get screenlag/tearing a lot? Scrolling up and down in this thread already makes a lot of lines and tearing. Its not as bad in games but sometimes it gets annoying. I blame my monitor and really hope it gets better with a new one.

I don't think so? But like I said, I could just be really used to it. If it's happening to me I'm certainly not noticing it.

>Scrolling up and down in this thread already makes a lot of lines and tearing
enable Vsync on your browser

Ironic misuse of the word irony there friend

>irony

>"a situation in which something which was intended to have a particular result has the opposite or a very different result"

I knew burgers were dumb but this is another level.

Source? Please tell me there is some comfy seaplane Animu out there that isn't Porco Rosso.

J E W S R O C K
E
W
S
R
U
L
E

>that bylat at the end

>Pve zones

nigger, just join a coop server.

Where do I get the best sex mods for Sims 4?

he could enable vsync through his cards driver settings as well so its always on couldnt he?

Eh, I don't really like Assetto Corsa much, 2bh. Every single fucking car in it understeers way too fucking much, and oversteers way too fucking little. I've driven some of the cars (namely, some of the ones in the Jap Pack) IRL on a little motorsports track, they don't plow nearly as easily IRL as they do in that game.

Any suggestions then?

I dunno, Sim Racing is pretty dead unless you're willing to pay ridiculous subscription fees or be nickel and dimed with car packs and shit. Dirt Rally is good, but I don't know of any really good asphalt racing games.

My wheel has been getting used for My Summer Car now mostly.

Would you buy this piece of shit in DCS?

I just mean for singleplayer. No point in trying online when even the Veeky Forums threads are kinda dead.

Guess I'll just stick to rFactor and mods then.

I mean you can give Assetto Corsa a try if you want, it's good for F1 racing and shit (I feel like the tire model is probably built first and foremost for that), but if you enjoy technical driving where inducing oversteer is important it's a bit more difficult to get into.

hey u dead ass my dood
dood

Depends, does it explode if it detects a German account?

Depends on what variant it is

I'd definitely buy a G variant or S

CF-104 best 104

100% Yes.

>he doesn't want the version that saw most widespread service

>butthurt leaf

>ded general filled with shitposting
>no ops ever
face it at this point we might as well merge since the shitposters have long won

>no ops ever
lol, we just don't invite you, nerd

>tfw just bought an arduino leonardo with intent to make buttonboxes and shit for DCS

how much FUN am I in for, lads? I've never programmed anything in my life.

How the fuck does she get that smug?

First you'll need to learn how to solder and programming that thing with buttons and shit, and maybe basic machining of whatever material you plan to use if you intend on making more complex parts.

I suggest you learn how to use a CAD program like Solidworks or Solidedge to design your shit if it gets too complex.

A N A M E

Post your hi-res yet grainy cold war era aviation photos.

This, is my aesthetic.