Iranian accomplishments

There are over 500 Iranian-American professors teaching and doing research at top-ranked U.S. universities:
iipdigital.usembassy.gov/st/english/article/2004/01/20040113191603atarukp0.6147425.html#ixzz4Hq7acVUS

"According to the latest census data available, more than one in four Iranian-Americans holds a master's or doctoral degree, the highest rate among 67 ethnic groups studied.[6]"
payvand.com/news/04/jan/1191.html

The same cannot be said for Africans or Arabs.

The Nobel Prize is kind of biased. There have been a lot of great Iranian scientists, such as the creator of fuzzy sets Lotfi A. Zadeh, inventor of LASIK Gholam A. Peyman, cardiologist pioneer Rashid Massumi, etc. There are many other good Iranian scientists like Nima Arkani-Hamed, Maryam Mirzakhanim, Pardis Sabeti. and Cumrun Vafa that might deserve Nobel Prizes. Even the Director for Solar System Exploration at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory is an Iranian American, Firouz Naderi.

The best brain surgeon in Germany is an Iranian by the name of Majid Majidi.

Historically, the majority of the Islamic Golden Age came from Persians in Khorasan and Transoxiana areas, what is now known as Central Asia (but a part of Greater Iran at that time). Avicenna, Al-Khwārizmī, Rhazes, Al-Biruni, Omar Khayyam, and etc. were all Persians.

Other urls found in this thread:

isg-mit.org/projects-storage/StemCell/stem_cell_iran.pdf
statnano.com/report/s29
nanotech-now.com/news.cgi?story_id=45237
en.nano.ir/index.php/main/page/17
bernama.com/bernama/v5/bm/newsworld.php?id=453647
washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/15/iran-at-forefront-of-stem-cell-research/
archived.moe/his/thread/1553036/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Francis_Buckley
washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/6/syrian-rebels-used-sarin-nerve-gas-not-assads-regi/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_World
cais-soas.com/CAIS/History/Post-Sasanian/zoroastrians_after_arab_invasion.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As Ibn Khaldun suggests, it is a remarkable fact that with few exceptions, most Muslim scholars…in the intellectual sciences have been non-Arabs:

>"Thus the founders of grammar were Sibawaih and after him, al-Farisi and Az-Zajjaj. All of them were of Persian descent…they invented rules of (Arabic) grammar…great jurists were Persians… only the Persians engaged in the task of preserving knowledge and writing systematic scholarly works. Thus the truth of the statement of the prophet becomes apparent, 'If learning were suspended in the highest parts of heaven the Persians would attain it"…The intellectual sciences were also the preserve of the Persians, left alone by the Arabs, who did not cultivate them…as was the case with all crafts…This situation continued in the cities as long as the Persians and Persian countries, Iraq, Khorasan and Transoxiana (modern Central Asia), retained their sedentary culture.

The average IQ of Iran is not 84. That was taken during a period of economic downturn, and it was taken in the 50s in rural areas. It is obsolete.

Also, even with sanctions, my people have ranked highly in stem cell research and nanotechnology. Iran has been making impressive progress in stem cell research and nanotechnology EVEN WITH CRIPPLING SANCTIONS:

" According to a study by David Morrison and Ali Khademhosseini (Harvard-MIT and Cambridge), stem cell research in Iran is amongst the top 10 in the world."
isg-mit.org/projects-storage/StemCell/stem_cell_iran.pdf

"By 2012, Iran ranked 8th in nanotechnologies."
statnano.com/report/s29
nanotech-now.com/news.cgi?story_id=45237
en.nano.ir/index.php/main/page/17
bernama.com/bernama/v5/bm/newsworld.php?id=453647

>only smart Iranians don't live in shitty Iran

Wow these Iranian diaspora sand niggers are really the fucking worst of the worst.
When will you stop spamming this and finally fucking get banned this is not history

>Ali Khademhosseini
sounds like an impartial and reliable source

what's with all iran shilling lately

Well there is also this

washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/15/iran-at-forefront-of-stem-cell-research/

there's no filter or login or post limit on this board so basically anyone who is obsessed enough could if they so chose post over and over about any topic they pleased

(((Iranian-Americans)))

more like Iran sends it's smartest to take advantage of U.S. facilities

Stop it. Iranians are diverse looking throughout history. I added a pic of an Iranian.

Adversity breeds strength.

>wu wuz aryans n' shieet
>still those fugly furries have to migrate to other parts of the world because their actual rulers are retards as they always have been

>>still those fugly furries have to migrate to other parts of the world because their actual rulers are retards as they always have been
1. We are not ugly.
2. You must be an insulting Arab.
3. Our rulers have fought off everything from Arabs, Turkic-Mongols, to Portuguese

The Saudis are the ones who financed ISIS and Al Queda, funded 9/11 hijackers, spread Wahhabism around the Middle East to destabilize it, and so forth. Iranians have not caused nearly 1/10th the damage the Saudi have, who're allies with the West.

I HATE the current Iranian regime, but the Carter administration and BBC backed Khomeini as he toppled the Shah. USA and UK were starting to dislike The Shah because he was becoming more independent and not economically subservient, and due to William E. Simon's 1974 deal, the USA pivoted to being more pro-Saudi Arabia in order to "neutralize crude oil as an economic weapon and find a way to persuade a hostile kingdom to finance America’s widening deficit with its newfound petrodollar wealth". Check here:

I hate the Iranian regime, but the USA, Saudi Arabia, and Israel have started supporting the Islamic Marxist terrorists, People's Mujaheddin of Iran, who gassed our own people during the Iran-Iraq War. They are even worse than the regime, and I think the West and KSA + GCC countries want them installed because they would be subservient on how to price oil -- it basically is about global economics.

The vast majority of terrorist attacks come from Sunni Orthodoxy, not Iranians, but of course, the media does not put enough emphasis on this.

Just because the Saudis have committed more sins than Iranians does not mean the Iranians' sins should be forgiven.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Francis_Buckley

The USA has strengthened IISIS by supporting unsavory rebels that switch sides in Syria. By trying to topple both ISIS and Assad at the same time, USA winded up strengthening ISIS and other terrorist groups like Al-Nusra.

Assad is relatively secular and never used chemical weapons on his own people:
washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/6/syrian-rebels-used-sarin-nerve-gas-not-assads-regi/

Also, that's ONE guy you posted. USA also shot down Iran Airflight 655, which was filled with innocent Iranian passengers. Also, Hezbollah, while lame, is not comparable to ISIS. At least Hezbollah is helping Christians in Syria and is strengthening Assad now. I don't like Hezbollah, but we all have blood on our hands. Nothing is comparable to the evil of Saudi Arabia and its GCC allies though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

>posts a pic of his grandma
>we're not ugly
fugly tier women

>fugly tier women
Go away, Arab.

>Also, that's ONE guy you posted.
ONE guy involved in the CIA*
Also, the Saudis, who're you're allies with, are responsible for the biggest tragedy on American SOIL, 9/11, and you have the audacity to claim Iran is worse than Saudi Arabia?

I don't like Hezbollah, but at least they are protecting Christians in Syria and helping Assad kill ISIS, which the USA strengthened.

remider that iran is literally an islamic theocracy right now

to any braindead diaspora living in the comfort of western country while spouting about muh glorious iran pls kill yourself, seriously. im an iranian myself and seeing retards like you post shit like this is fucking embarassing,just shut the fuck up ,go back to iran if you love it so much.

Im also iranian but dont be so harsh. Its mostly the frustration about the current regime which makes them so angry.

>remider that iran is literally an islamic theocracy right now
which is not representative of the will of the people. The Carter administration and BBC backed Khomeini as he toppled the Shah. USA and UK were starting to dislike The Shah because he was becoming more independent and not economically subservient, and due to William E. Simon's 1974 deal, the USA pivoted to being more pro-Saudi Arabia in order to "neutralize crude oil as an economic weapon and find a way to persuade a hostile kingdom to finance America’s widening deficit with its newfound petrodollar wealth". Check here:

>to any braindead diaspora living in the comfort of western country while spouting about muh glorious iran pls kill yourself, seriously.
I'm pro-Shah. I think Iran would have had better human rights right now if the Shah were still in power.

> im an iranian myself
I don't consider you an Iranian in spirit. Anglos have meddled in our affairs a lot, and the Islamic Regime, while very oppressive, has at least improved a lot of our science infrastructure. We can improve much more with reforms and dropping the Islamic part of our name. The Guardian Council and Ayatollah also have to go, but at least we are helping the Middle East from being destroyed by Wahhabism and Salafism.

>Its mostly the frustration about the current regime which makes them so angry.
I hate the regime, but regardless of it reforming or being toppled, we need to get closer to Russia. The West (and its Israel and Saudi Arabia buddies) are starting to betray us even more by supporting the Islamic Marxist terrorists, People's Mujaheddin of Iran. They would destroy our country even more and are worse than even the current regime! The only the reason West supports them is because they would price oil according to their demands. The West just wants a pretext to invade to global economic reasons.

>to invade to
to invade for*

>he doesnt know that Veeky Forums is filled with buttblasted iranian diasporas

Its mostly britbongs and americans who do this. The other western countries are being dragooned into doing this. Every other western country tries to normalize relations with iran.

is there any more pathetic people than the iranians?

>got fucked by Alexander
>got fucked by his sucessors
>got fucked by Parthians who were a Scythian tribe
>got fucked by Romans and Byzantines in Mesopotamia
>got fucked by hephtalites
>got raped eternally by Arabs
>got fucked by Turkic tribes
>got fucked by Mongols twice
>got assravaged by Ottomans
>got assravaged by russian
>got assravaged by Brits

no wonder theyre such cucks now lol

>pummel us submission to
pummel us into submission in order to

I know, for some odd reason Anglos really want to destroy us. There's nothing new here. They don't want to see our regime gone so that we may make progress (because that would mean another regional power in the Middle East competing against their Saudi buddies). They just want to pummel us into submission in order to price oil according to their demands, hence their support of the Islamic Marxist terrorists People's Mujaheddin of Iran.

Yet throughout all of that, we have retained our Persian identity and general ancient Sassanian look and culture. New Persian is not that different from Middle Persian.

Pic is of Rostam, our Pre-Islamic Zoroastrian hero that is a focal point of our national epic, Shahnameh. We still practice our Zoroastrian holidays like Nowruz, Yalda, and Mehregan.

>retarded our Persian identity

yeah its pretty dumb and barbaric i agree desu senpai

but thats banned in iran.

>>retarded our Persian identity
I meant to say retained.

Look at my new edited image, Arab. Also, the only reason I made this thread is because EACH thread devoted to anything Persian is always, ALWAYS, destroy Arabs. Honestly, I am getting tired of you Arabs. I REALLY am getting sick of you Arabs.

>edited image
edited post*

>destroy
destroyed*

wew rustam you alright there

maybe its time to stop shitposting

wait wait wait

Iranians aren't Arab?

nah theyre special snowflake arab

pic related is the average iranians

I'm not shitposting. Our threads always get invaded by stupid White supremacists or butthurt Arabs trying to devalue our achievements. I'm not saying well-thought out criticism of the regime is bad, but I'm saying to insult all Iranians is RETARDED, especially since we are model minorities in the USA. We have a far more better than STEM field that Gulf Arab countries, which are passive markets to the West and have historically not accomplished much.

There were a lot of Western Persophiles in the past. Hegel, for example, held a lot of respect for Persians. I'm tired of us constantly being demeaned.

100% pure untouched aryan bloodline

>Iranians aren't Arab?
Iranians don't even speak Arabic. We have retained our language, and we have always reasserted our independence after invasions. After Arabic invasions, we had Samanid Empire; after Mongol invasions, we had Safavid Empire.

Also, does this look like an Arab to you?

yes...?

modern "persian" is literally written using the arabic alphabet

Looks don't even matter. It's the general mentality and values of your population that does. Unlike Arabs, Iranians have a saying that the "pen is mightier than the sword". Also, we don't resemble Arab, but I don't care what you think. The point of this thread is to make people understand that our diaspora and even many Iranians in Iran still value education since the Islamic Golden Age, which we were responsible for.

We are middle easterners thus not really white but we are also no arabs.

*not

sure

your country is still a third world shithole though

>modern "persian" is literally written using the arabic alphabet
We literally gave order to Arabic language, and the Pahlavi script is very similar to Arabic script.

Also, our language is still Persian. The Shahnameh helped us retain our Persian language.

Also, 1001 Nights was written by Persians and Indians.

>Iran isn't Arab
huh, learn something new every day
i never bothered to care about Iran before

I knew this board would eventually be good for something.

>your country is still a third world shithole though
The US banks have 150 billion of our dollars frozen in assets.

Also, does a third-world shithole even care about nanotechnology and stem cell research? We are no third-worlders, but we do have issue with human rights.

Also, we were literally considered 1st World before 1979, faggot. The whole first world / 2nd world/ third world dichotomy came during the Cold War.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_World

Question about Middle East: Does Iran like Qatar?

The term "the pen is mightier than the sword" was coined by Cardinal Richelieu, and it was about having people whacked.

Which is actually quite representative of the way modern Iran does things.

>Question about Middle East: Does Iran like Qatar?
No. We don't like any of the Gulf Arabs. USA-backed Qatar-Turkey pipeline is competing with the Russian-backed Iran-Iraq-Turkey pipeline. Assad supports the latter, hence the USA wants him gone. That's a big part of the whole Syrian Conflict.

We have more respect for Levantine people, but we have barely any for Gulf Arabs.

No, our culture has always valued education, and we have a saying like that which goes back to Safavid times.

Iran has not destroy as many lives as Saudi Arabia, who did USA's biggest tragedy, 9/11.

Did someone call you an arab at school today?

>Iran-Iraq-Turkey pipeline.
I meant Iran-Iraq-Syria pipeline**.

Also, here's a pic of George W. Bush with his Saudi royal family buddies who funded 9/11, USA's biggest tragedy.

>Did someone call you an arab at school today?
I look Ossetian. Fuck off, faggot. Go suck Gulf Arab dick.

>being this insecure

So what is the deal with Islam in Iran, is it against the law to not be Islamic?

>>being this insecure
I'm not insecure. Unlike Gulf Arabs, I am going for higher education. I am not an idiot like Gulf Arabs, sorry. The instability of the Middle East is mostly due to Gulf Arabs.

If it weren't for the Islamic Marxist terrorists People's Mujaheddin of Iran receiving support from the West, Gulf Arabs, and Israelis, and if it weren't for the constant threat of the Saudis, the regime of Iran would already be gone.

I think you underestimate the amount of wankery that Shiites have engaged in.

Really, they're about even, Shiites are just a bit more regional in their focus.

>So what is the deal with Islam in Iran, is it against the law to not be Islamic?
The Islamic Regime of Iran stands against everything that is Persian, but even so, Iranians have accomplished a lot under the oppression, as I am pointing out.

And even so, the Islamic Marxist terrorists, People's Mujaheddin of Iran, are far worse. They are receiving funding from the West, Israel, and Saudi Arabia.

>Really, they're about even,
Go away, Gulf Arab. There's no way they are even. The Hezbollah, while being bad, at least helps Christians in Syria. It is also helping Assad kill off ISIS. The Shiite are there in order to fight off Wahhabism and Salafism.

Saudi Arabia literally follows the same fanaticism that ISIS does, Wahhabism/Salafism. There is no way Iran is to the level of Saudi Arabia's barbarity.

Also, like I've said, Assad is relatively secular and never used chemical weapons on his own people.

Hezbollah is a sectarian militia that pretty much keeps Lebanon perma-fucked.

Assad is an incompetent butcher.

The Houthis are niggering things up that don't need to be niggered up, and Azerbaijan keeps trying to ethnically cleanse Armenia.

Saudi Arabia and Iran are both profoundly evil states. It's ironic that the most avowedly reactionary and the most avowedly revolutionary states in the Middle East are so similar to one another.

If Saudi Arabia is worse culturally, that's entirely down to what they were pre-79.

Of course, this is all my perspective as a burger. I'd like it if no more of those crazy shitheads got nuclear weapons.

is zoroastrianism Iran's equivalent to the typical IE pantheon? like Hinduism/greco-roman paganism

We need to remove all Arabic influence from Iran.

>Azerbaijan keeps trying to ethnically cleanse Armenia.
Iran opposed that.

>Hezbollah is a sectarian militia that pretty much keeps Lebanon perma-fucked.
More like a combination of Wahhabi influenced Muslims and Israeli interference.

>Assad is an incompetent butcher.
He is based. He is secular and fighting off ISIS. The USA has strengthened IISIS by supporting unsavory rebels that switch sides in Syria. By trying to topple both ISIS and Assad at the same time, USA winded up strengthening ISIS and other terrorist groups like Al-Nusra.

Assad is relatively secular and never used chemical weapons on his own people:

>Saudi Arabia and Iran are both profoundly evil states.
Saudi Arabia is evil, Iran has a stupid misguided government that's not evil.

wtf I love Persia now

Bump

there already is a strong anti-arab sentiment in iran, and has been for centuries (hence the emergence of their own brand of islam). but they would never abandon islam, so gg for that prospect.

>anti-arab sentiment
>yet they have some of the strongest proxy arab armies in the ME under their command
and no, I am not talking about "dey both love Ali so dey must be friends" but that they actual are funded/recieving arms and training from Iran and fight their battles for them, also
>arabs killing arabs in favour of persians
history truly is a funny thing

Mate i'm Arab and bear no ill will against Iran but showing your blatant insecurities here won't change a thing.
I get that you just want what's best for your people but focus on being the best representation of your culture that you can be especially if you're living in the west
Seeking validation here is not something i'd recommend

Here is something I recently posted on Pol.

Deal with it, Arab. Persians have never been Muslim in their hearts. We still practice our Zoroastrian holidays Nowruz, Yalda, and Mehregan. Down with Islam.

Iran will leave behind Islam and dominate the Middle East in the future. My people are far smarter than Arabs.

We still worship Piruz Nahavandi btw. We were never true Muslims in our hearts.

I'm not Muslim either though
Damn you're pathetic

lel you literally became that one spurdo cartoon, alireza cringezadeh

How is this Veeky Forums related?
I haven't seen a single
>American accomplishments
or
>German accomplisments
thread here.

While I hole hardetely agree with you regarding Saudi arabias bad influencia, I do believe that Iran is bad too. Both powers only care about whether their sphere of influence is threatened. They fight for hegemony in the arabic states and this conflict is now exported to syria. Assad and the shia militias backing his government and the rebel factions backed by Saudi arabia and the golf states. Both have the same goals, both are equally evil. And assad isn't good. Just because the possibility of an ultra fundamentalist sunni government is present doesn't make assad a saint. He is responsible for the death of thousands of civilians and his baath lead dictature started the conflict in the first place.

Saudi Arabia is far more evil. That is indisputable given all the evidence I've provided.

>lmao I bought a koran then tore it up, haha, you mad mudslimes?
that is just fedora tier tbqh

No Iran is far more evil. That is indisputable given all the evidence I've provided.

Check here:
Even with billions of dollars poured into it, why has Saudi Arabia accomplished very little academically? It's because their culture doesn't value education.

That is just so edgy.

You just blew your own money on something no one gives a shit about.

>Iranian accomplishments

You defeated the Spartans at Thermopylae and beheaded their king. You raized Athens and Platea, and reduced most of the Hellenes to tribute-paying vassals.

>There are people on Veeky Forums RIGHT NOW who genuinely think the Iranians lost the Greco-Iranian wars.

Yeah and America won the Vietnam and Afghan wars right

>implying its not the one his parents got him while he went through his muslim youth only to go through this angsty rebellious phase of "muh persian pride and identity I read about on wikipedia"
And no, I am not saying that all iranians/kurds/parsi's converting/born zoroastrians are like this but the fact that you go against the principles of the religion itself while calling yourself zoroastrian makes you no better than the arabs currently being part of IS saying what they do is in the name of islam.

The laws of Asha talk about "good thoughts", "good words" and "good deeds" while you are clearly filled with hatred and spout shit that which makes every other actual zoroastrian look bad.

Seriously, reconsider your ways or be consumed.

Less than 100 years later the Iranians are effectively running Greece (see the King's Peace). That doesn't sound like a defeated empire.

Lol, I'm now going to call this the "WE WUZNT" meme, applies to Imazigh as well.

We Zoroastrians will have our revenge in the future. We will never forget this:

"To conquer Persia and force Islam, the Arab invaders resorted to many inhumane actions including massacre, mass enslavement of men, women and children, and imposition of heavy taxes (Jezyeh=Jizya) on those who did not convert. By the order of “Yazid ibn-e Mohalleb” in Gorgan so many Persians were beheaded that their blood mixed with water would energize the millstone to produce as much as one day meal for him, as he had vowed.[3] The event of blood mill has been quoted by the generations of Iranian Zoroastrian families to this day, yet our books of history have been silent about it. In recent years however, disenchanted Iranian scholars have been writing about the blood mills and in fact this event has been reported by our historians of the Islamic era."

cais-soas.com/CAIS/History/Post-Sasanian/zoroastrians_after_arab_invasion.htm

more proof that you cannot have a normal historical thread about Persia-Achamenids-Sassanids etc without the autistic diaspora shitting on it

They have an identity crisis

>They have an identity crisis
No, it's just people still think we're Arabs, when in fact we're not. I'm just clarifying on some distinctions and backed them up with evidence. I have no identity crisis.

>clarifying
clarified*

Its more than, "whaat are dem ayrabs too?" level of ignorance that one might see from people who don't know much about culture-history.

Sadly modern persians are fucked up due to islamic revolution, the religious conservative iran and the foreign (most likely western) nation that they live in.

I can bet my life that If Iran had no islamic revolution, threads about persian history woudl have a different tone.

its the eternal struggle between a certain group of persians and a certain group of arabs making either threads where they praise their nations or talk shit about the other in the form of "why is X so shit?" or "why does Y lose wars?"

I honestly prefer the Ottoman threads of "we wuz rome n sheit" to this shitflinging contest of people lacking self-confidence while saying they are better than Y cause of X reasons

Listen m8. I'm a Zoroastrian (from India), and ever since I was a child, I was told of what happened in those times. My family are from the East, not Persian, and lived there till fairly recently, so for us, these memories are fresh.

I just want to say, that if you are serious, please convert in actuality and don't use our name for nationalistic purposes, for your hate of arabs. To restore farna you need more than want to abandon Islam - people need to learn our theology, etc.

Anyways please ignore shitposters, I don't know why so many Iranian diaspora are angry on this board.

Modern Zoroastrianism, certainly as it appears in India, really has fuck all to do with historical Iranian Zoroastrianism apart from the name.

I'm actually in the stem cell field so I can chime in on this.

Iran has figured out the third world trick of encouraging it's scientists to push out low-quality, low-effort publications in high numbers so that the country appears to have a high research output.

In reality the vast majority of those publications are in impact factor

makes sense, considering the nation has the worst case of brain drainage since the revolution

>really has fuck all to do with historical Iranian Zoroastrianism apart from the name.
Why is that? Also, there is a difference between the more indianized Parsis, and the Zoroastrians who came later (Iranis); the former indeed are culturally quite Indian. In either case though, I don't see where the religion has changed.