/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 4.01 SOON
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0/edit#gid=0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Unbanning is possible by replacing LocalFriendCodeSeed_B. gbatemp.net/threads/449251/
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users.
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is speculated. If you still don't have cfw, DON'T UPDATE: use ctr-httpwn to access multiplayer.
-You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-Preview version of hexFW released.
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/

>Vita
-Adrenaline released. gist.github.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911/
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5dmpqo/discussion_has_anyone_been_banned_since_the/)
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/pull/286#issuecomment-261672386)
gbatemp.net/threads/has-anyone-gotten-banned-from-playing-pokemon-moon-online.447971/page-330#post-6853246
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for DS rom loading from SD is not worth waiting for

Does injecting a friend code seed change your friend code in the friend list program at the top of the 3DS home menu?

So is Sun/Moon safe in EU or not?

True
But the quest is worth it.

First for Freeshop compromised

As long as you get it from freeShop and not a review copy!

liar.
psp on vita certainly was

I think im missing something.
How do I know if I have arm9loaderhax? I haven't touched my 3ds in months, all I know is that I boot my 3ds into homebrew channel and then run luma3ds from it and everything works. I will update luma to the latest version later today. Am I doing it worng? or is everything ok on my side.

le freeshop is le compromised

Is there something better than CHMM2 for installing themes? You'd think there would be by now.

PSP on Vita was always technically feasible

What's wrong with CHMM2

I'd be careful. That is me personally.
The pokemon sun/moon save data includes your console region setting it reads from the console. Even if the game itself is worldwide; THE EXACT SAME game in all regions, your 3DS region plus game you played are logged most likely.

I personally will wait, not like I played that long in Sun anyway.

Not really.
What is there to really improve?

Well it's clunky as shit and sometimes does things like mix bgm from the wrong theme or crashes or breaks your current theme.

What call things can i do with my n3ds that arent game related? ftp is one of them i guess

So I installed tai from beta.henkaku.xyz, but I don't have any file in there.

Do I just create the config.txt?

Any guide to updating from rxtools to luma3ds? Apparently retal copies of Sun/moon don't work with Rxtools

le i have been le banned for le-ing pokemon online TODAY

You can't see it if you're only using MolecularShell. Vitashell should display it.

Certainly not in the pastebin. Be sure not to check there.

I'm using VitaShell 0.95 and it also doesn't show up on FileZilla

Only 10 pages of themes now on the 3ds theme site?
When can we get a new one not hosted by a literal child?

It should be in the tai folder. If it's not there, I don't know what's wrong.

Oh fuck I just used Freeshop (FrSh) on my Gateway (GaWa) running Cakes (CuHo) now I'm banned from Eshop (ESh) and JustPingo (JuPi) says he's coming to my house in 5 hours (FiHo) to kill me what the fuck do I do?????

dumb question
If i switch off the 3ds or if it runs out of power while downloading from freeshop
can i resume downloads when i open the app again?

I bought a physical copy of Sun, but whenever I try to play, it fails and I get a "The Game Card was removed" error. The card reader works because I can play other games, and the card works because it plays on other consoles. Plan B is to just get the cia and load that but I'm mostly curious about why this is happening. It's a 2DS running cfw.

Is this nintendo spiting me for pirating moon a week early

thats what you get for buying a 2ds

>It's a 2DS running cfw.
that's not very specific

stop trying to play with gatebrick and use a9lh

nevermind, I guess rxtools is ancient

is your firmware >=11

Install ReiNand and everything will be okay!

I also lost the pspemu folder as it doesn't show up anymore. Fug.

reposting in new thread
is unban confirmed to work forever?
can i do it from emunand or will i finally have to bite the bullet and move over to a9lh?

It just sounds like VitaShell doesn't have the right permissions then.

How does this work?
gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911/

All 3.2 3.3 and 3.4 end with failures.

Is there a straightforward guide to PS3 CFW? My 3.55 system is coming in soon and I don't want to fuck it up

Clunky like most homebrew on 3DS. Freeshop is clunky. Why is it this weird mixture of controls only Dpad and AB for half of it and some thing are touch only (like the download buttons) etc.

Rest of the problems I am not sure anyone can do actually better than CHMM2.

Or, I would put it like this: Creator of CHMM2 already has a lot of coding in his bag, for 3DS, numerous homebrews for 3DS, PSP, even some Vita stuff as I understand, as well as web development and so on. IF someone else had felt like they could one up CHMM2, they would have started a project at least. Lot of other things like ticket sweepers etc had quite a few options until few became the universal choice in their superiority.

Homebrew on 3DS just is not a 100%, and any issues that happen are rare/single case enough to be neglected. I am not saying you have not had problems; But say, me being small time theme maker, and testing all my themes in their stages on my own console I start with music, installing the theme to test it plays right, fixing if it does not installing it and testing again, then same thing with sound effects, images, looking at the UI elements I photoshopped and editing them out so one theme creation includes reinstalling the theme for 10-30 times. And I have not had these problems myself yet.

I do not say they do not happen. I am just saying they might well be rare enough (and not explainable enough) to be fixed.

Post current themes

>Download the latest Rebug to a USB stick
>Put it in your PS3 and click update
>???
>Profit

Can you go online now with the sun/moon .cia's that were leaked a week before release
If I buy a legit copy of sun can I transfer my current save onto it

freeShop is way more stable than anything Rinnegatamante has released. Though it wasn't initially. I think it's kind of silly to just blame it on Homebrew apps. For instance FBI 2.0 runs way better than NASA ever could.

And from there how do I go about installing & playing backups?

yes, you can transfer the save

but you still cant play online

>but you still cant play online
really? how come

insert rebug 4.80.pup on a usb drive in the appropiate update folder, install.
Install the toolbox via the package menu, enable qa flag, enable webman, enable cobra.
Done.

Depends on the format.
>ISO
Move it to the PS3ISO folder on your PS3, then mount it with WebMAN or MultiMAN.
>Folder/JB
Same shit, but GAMES instead of PS3ISO
>PSN rips
Install the .pkg with package installer, then install the .rap with PSNpatch or equivalent.

sorry fám, was looking for a text guide, didn't see the gif

Where were you when you reaIized \hbg\ is nothing more than tech support for niggers who stoIe 3DS consoIes and want to reseII them on the internet?

>lTT: DigitaI kucks with no jobs that work for free to make niggers money

Way off the mark. What's really happening here is hacking turned out to be much more fun than actually playing the games, and we need our fix.

Ok, I just rebooted after turning unsafe hombrew on and it shows up now.

>Banned from online
>Got a munchlax and snorlium Z on luranis cia literally 20 seconds ago

FBI and any cia other installer shit itself whenever I try to install a game, but I've been able to successfully install a game with CiaAngel with no issues. How do I fix this? I thought something was wrong with my sd card but it just seems so unlikely.

He is assuming you got banned or something, or that the game detects CFW somehow..?

Which is Idea I brought up on last thread but is very unlikely one, unless the animal crossing ban claims are substantiated in any way.

Also to add for the another user:
Folder/JB > ISO > PSN rip.

PSN rips have a fuck time getting updated without breaking the non-legit licence you installed. ISO games do not just mount through stuff like webman as is, easily enough or are not flexible enough like folder games are.

Then again most games will be in Folder format anyway.

Just do not download PSN version unless it is the only version of the game or something.

>PSN rips have a fuck time getting updated without breaking the non-legit licence you installed.
I haven't encountered this problem at all.
>ISO games do not just mount through stuff like webman as is
And I also haven't experienced this.

A9lh is separate from nand right? So I can inject a nand from before getting a9lh and still have it.

a9lh is in your nand, but tools like Hourglass9 automatically preserve a9lh when injecting an old nand

Is the 'downloading config via HTTPC' part of menuhax meant to take so long?

So did anyone get Atelier sophie to work?
Used the one at the bin but it always crashes on the first battle

Tried changing modules but no dice

Anyone?

Hey some guys selling a ps3 on rebug on ebay and is subtly saying thats what its on without outright stating it. Thats against the ebay tos if it comes with cfw installed right? Think i could buy it and then open a dispute with ebay about it?

mistery gift still works, but you can't trade/battle

Threadly reminder that everything pokemon, hacking and being banned goes to

What what?

>Nothing found

Nice.

LE FREESHOP HAS BEEN LE HACKED LE DON'T GO ONLINE

.rap installs won't break but those fucking godawful cracked ones do, they trigger me good because a .rap dump wouldn't have been hard at all.
ps3iso is shit for that sort of thing they take forever to update, instead the chinese get it instantly within their circlejerk forums.
iso mounting is perfectly fine for me as well, only troublesome game is mgs4 because of the one 2 minute dream segment that uses psx.

Fuck. I was distracted, kinda late posting this.

READ BEFORE ASKING DUMB QUESTIONS

>People have ONLY been banned for playing online BEFORE the official release date.
>The freeshop version is SAFE! NO recorded bans yet. (reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5dmpqo/discussion_has_anyone_been_banned_since_the/) YES YOU CAN PLAY ONLINE NOW, STOP ASKING
>"Is the Lurantis leak safe?" who fucking cares if you can upgrade to the freeshop version?

>Currently, the only way to get rid of the online ban (002 error) is to either use the LFC of an unbanned 3ds, or by using the movable.sed of a 3ds that has undergone a system transfer in the past.
>A fix for the eshop ban (022) is out there (incomplete), but the Luma3DS dev has rejected it. Wait for someone to fix and fork. (github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/pull/286#issuecomment-261672386)

Just be patient. It's only been a few days since the banwave, and there's already a lot of progress.

Guide to current unban methods: gbatemp.net/threads/has-anyone-gotten-banned-from-playing-pokemon-moon-online.447971/page-330#post-6853246

Feel free to make the thread yourself

>Nintendo releases update 11.3
>it bans everyone with Pokemon Sun/Moon in their activity log, after few days
>releases 1.1 update to Pokemon too which forces you to update to play online
Can you imagine the fallout?

I'll get right on that, what's important enough to you to "remind" us about is very important to me too.

As I see, I've only ever used .rap installs. I know that you have that PSN Liberator thing, but I never thought it was worth using.

The containment board is there for a reason. As to not shit up other boards

You have to change the c to an s

What's the problem? Most people don't use .cia to update their games anyway?

modified consoles cant be sold on ebay

Maybe you'll convince someone.

FBI runs better than its older self too.

Something tells me that this isnt normal. Any idea on how to fix it?

The retail cart from 3dsiso fine to use so far?

don't be a cunt, it's a simple question

FBI 1.4 a shit

If it's a delayed ban, most people will update to 11.3 rather than going through trouble of spoofing firmware.

even official versions of the game?

>Something tells me that this isnt normal. Any idea on how to fix it?
You can use the standard image viewer in Windows to rotate the picture

manually update luma

Update it.
No, seriously. It is/was pretty common.

>moved my system time a week forward before starting
Great idea :^)

the jpeg is fine on windows. Veeky Forums doesn't like the metadata from iPhone's and manually rotates the image.

Thanks will try.

Anyone?

wat system

Only the 1.1 vitamin dump works.

Following up on this, it looks like I can easily get FBI to scan QR codes of rune factory 4 and start downloading/installing, but trying to feed FBI an undub cia of rune factory 4 causes errors and even "removes" the sd card when I leap back to the homescreen.

>iPhone's

This is not how to use an apostrophe.

why are you playing rune fractro 4

This also happened to me the same day that my card shit itself. Backup everything and prepare for the worst.

Because its one of the few games on the system completely worth playing. I really wanted to play the undub, it somewhat defeats the purpose if I can only play legit cia's robbed from nintendo and not ones that I've downloaded myself. Is this an issue with tickets or something?

would be nice to get an answer, please guys

if you did have a9lh you'd probably know it

Theres an undub version at that iso site that must remain unnamed. you can turn it into a cia with the latest decrypt9

You're right, regardless updating the updater fixed the problem. Thanks for the help