tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Respawn has commented on upcoming patches
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/7127/some-quick-updates
The art book has been scanned, downloads under fun stuff on tfgeneral

>Whats changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

If you cant find games in a specific mode, try playing mixtape.

Doomed thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no news about the game being on mad sale
great work, op.

Also, Angel city and some other new maps should roll in in like two weeks.

I meant to use this image but whatever
I used the OP pastebin someone posted a few hours ago, blame whoever they are

So far i know that
ION = female(best girl)
TONE = female
NORTHSTAR =??
LEGION = male
SCORCH = male
RONIN = male

Anyway to disable the UI, if I wanna take screenshots? In SP or MP.

I fucked this fight up in all kinds of ways but at least I'm not the guy who killed me
Time to stop playing and sleep, maybe

More lewds when?

does this game have lootbox jew shit or can i work for all that good shit

how much can be customized so i can be a special snowflake?

>blame wheoever made my lazy copy-paste source instead of me for just being lazy

youre both shit

>spin to win hacker is online
guess it's time to stop

ronin is a girl(boy)

>has him added

>lootbox
No. No microtransactions either.
The closest thing it has to that is mountain dew and doritos codes.

>how much can be customized so i can be a special snowflake?
A variety of guns for playstyle, but visually, your tactical ability determines your character.
Then you choose a camo for your character, primary weapon, secondary weapon, and titan (and titan weapon).
No further visualization customization, sadly.
But the fights are from so far away, and even indoors in a few seconds of the fight, all you notice is your enemy class/type, and their colors/camouflage. Nothing to make you that special.
:/

The sitting behind an A-wall with a LMG to get your Tone Titan cancer is growing strong in this game, lads.

on what server is he ? NA ?

salt lake city right now

meh

that's enough for my as long as there's no goofy p2w/RNG bullshit

thanks for the answer user-san

>sent a recording of him hacking to Respawn

>get banned for nameshaming

Mozambique is the best pistol.

No, for whatever reason cl_drawhud seems to be one of the disabled commands.

There's plenty more than one; I've seen at least 3 on NA, and been made aware of at least one in EU.

Expect nothing to happen any time soon; none of the hackers I've reported, even with videos, have been touched.

/purplefire/ bros ww@

>id rather let some shithead roam free and ruin my game

Maybe you should kill him before he uses cheats to kill you

You need to learn when to stop replying to bait.

>angel city out in 2 weeks
>tfw that means in 1 and a half for anyone who preordered

>finally get to level 7 as a shitter
>Ronin is fun as shit
LAWD

>notice every topfragger that wipes the floor with my team uses the flatline
>decide to give it a try
>can't land the broadside of a barn because recoil

What the fuck is the deal with that gun? I don't get it.

>he didn't have from the very start thanks to Mountain Dew™ and Doritos™ products
WEW

See that reticule? That means it kicks to sides, same for alternator.

Black Friday console pleb looking to group up
GT: GEEZUSAURUS REX

>7k players on PC
And there I thought you were dying
not optimal but people are playing

Ronin is really fun but hard to win with, I find him to be absolute beast against pilots because you can dash out of their attacks and slaughter them up close, but he's worthless 1v1 vs any other titan. But once you get the execution, oh baby, it's worth getting shat on by every tone and legion for the past 12 titanfalls

>Stop playing Tone since it's so fucking boring
>Everyone else is still Tones
>Realise it's not so much Tone is overpowered
>It's just everything else is shit

Half the abilities on the other Titans feel utterly useless and seem to rely on your opponent being stupid. Tether Trap? Tripwire? Firewall? I never found these to cause any problems when playing Tone and now that I'm forced to use these abilities I simply don't. It almost seems like I'm shooting myself in the foot even wasting time to deploy them.

Meanwhile everything about Tone seems to work, dependably and do exactly what you want. I am seriously hoping for sweeping changes to the game in order to make 90% of it's content worthwhile as the same can be said for pilot weapons and powers.

Enjoy having even fewer people to play with.

>90% of it's content worthwhile as the same can be said for pilot weapons and powers.
You kidding?

that's a long neck

copy that

A-Wall, Grapple, Holopilot, Frags, Greneadier weapons, sniper rifles, shotguns, assault rifles, pistols and the majority of boosts.

Some of these things can be used, but you will suffer for using them. When I see people do well (and when I do well) it's because of SMG's,Cloak, Stim, Phase and MGL. These things are leaps and bounds more powerful than everything else you could choose to carry.

I won't accept the argument that it's in the hands of the player. I don't believe that when it comes to TF2. These weapons and skills outclass any other option and are suited to practically every situation you will find yourself in. Everything else fits into a niche category that you can play around in, but can't expect to do well in.

There's tricks to make certain things work in ways nobody actually intended them to work.
I run Northstar with Extra Tether Trap and Nuclear Ejection, then hang back and snipe like a motherfucker. Now everyone thinks I'm easy bait when they get close to me. I fight them till i drop to less than half health, then pop tether traps, then fight / dodge until they get chained down. Then I rush them and start punching them and shooting them point blank until they knock me into doomed state.
THEN I ALLAHU AKBAR
You have no idea how often this works, and how often it just gives me another titan charge straightaway.

FUCK. That makes me super happy. It's not too big, but still. Wish I was home when the numbers were like this.

It is absolutely in the hands of the player. I run grapple and mastiff and it's max skill and max fun

I want to marry this gun, really.

And a person with about the same skill level as you, who uses stim or phase will wreck your ass.

You can certainly compensate for bad tools, but you dont NEED to with good ones.

You can be the best Mastiff player in the world, you will NOT win against the best Volt player in the world.

>shotguns, assault rifles, pistols
Nigger, are you fucking high? Every time I use the EVA someone crawls out of the works to call it cheap and overpowered. Also, the r-201 and flatline are at the highest tier of weapon. Pistols are bad only because you are left at a severe disadvantage against titans. Compared to TF1's pistols, they are all excellent, especially the Hammond.
Samefag.

Gates, Ash, or Briggs?

Trick question, Slone

No.

>Tone users
>Enemy team stack Tone
How does anyone think this is fun?

You can post from your phone. Wow. And even if it isn't you, it might as well be because your message is WRITTEN exactly the SAME.

>every second player kills you less then a second, no matter where you are and what maneuver you're doing

HOW?

Ah, you've caught me. I'm you. Everyone who types with proper punctuation is the same person.
Whatever, this embarrassing attempt to discredit ours posts as samefagging instead of actually responding to the point has already proven that you know you are wrong.

>proper punctuation
The posts called as samefag used the same stupid caps for emphasis technique, and said literally the same thing, only worded slightly differently.
> embarrassing attempt to discredit ours posts
Your posts have no merit because you can't back up anything you say anyways. What you said is fundamentally your opinion. Just because you have to use the volt and stim to do well by no means makes it truth for everyone. Anything I said in also has yet to be answered.

>ours posts
So much for proper grammar, eh faggot?

>What you said is fundamentally your opinion.
Ha. Right. You let me know how your competitive career goes, then.

nobody does
that's why the population is going down

>Just because you have to use the volt and stim to do well by no means makes it truth for everyone
He never said that retard.

Okie dokie.
It was heavily
>implied

It wasn't. I mostly run the R-97 and Softball. Hell, I posted screenshot showing that I've posted webms of me playing with an R2 and Mozambique.
Grow up.

So supposing what you said is true, why do you purposefully put yourself at a disadvantage by using those weapons?

Because it's fun. That doesn't mean I'm going to cover my ears and deny that they're inferior choices. I can perform well with them, but as soon as someone who knows what they're doing with a better weapon is in the match, I won't be able to hold out against them with the Softball.

I haven't played in over a week due to this shit. However, now that the devs have FINALLY said that they are working on balance updates that are coming with the DLC and that they've been reading our feedback, I'm gonna start playing again.

I'm using the L-STAR.

Why am I doing this. What is the point of this weapon.

Why am I winning anyway

>Because it's fun
So is the person with the smg not having fun? Is beating the person with the smg required to have fun? If you are having fun, how is your choice inferior?
>hold out against them
What scenario is this, exactly?

use it with gavity star and you get free auto-aim

Is it just me or is the ps4 network not active?

Yes, the pistols may be better, they may work well, but you hit the nail on the head, you are left at a disadvantage due to no longer carrying an anti-titan weapon and this is my point.

The game balance is set up in a way that unless you choose certain equipment and weapons which excel in multiple areas you are making life more difficult for yourself.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm all for fun. My favourite weapon in the game is the EPG. But when the majority of players are running around stealthed and with SMG's and performing exceptionally well I started to wonder what was going on. After starting to use an SMG (the Volt and Alternator) I found the skill level had dropped dramatically and I was performing incredibly well, I was winning games, I was getting my Titan earlier and was able to concentrate more on how I was moving around the environment. I would love to stick with the EVA, it was the first weapon I regened, but the same goes for that. The maps are so open that they don't always provide the best situation to use a shotgun, but they do for SMGs.

I would love to run around and play with some of the amazing stuff they put into this game, but at the end of the day if you want to win fights and win matches you can't afford to use anything but the few things which are currently completely overpowered.

LEOTARD APOLLO WHEN?

They're using the Volt.

>7K players online

be nice to the noobs guys

I'll let them meet my EVA.

>wrong thread
S-sorry guys

Leotards are always welcome. Anything that isn't Tone is welcome.

What if it's Tone in a leotard?

For general knowledge and future use

Fuck man. They're already getting this desperate.

Easier to throw out the discount than to fix the fucking game.

when should i buy this game?

it looks fun, i played titanfall 1 beta and had a blast, and i want some fast gameplay, but dont want to spend 60 dollas

>spawn
>walk 2 inches
>killed by a random frag/salvo core missile/smart lock/stray hemlock bullet

Fuck this, I'm done. I'd rather hammer nails through my dick than try and play any more of this garbage

???

If they were to nerf SMGs they need to do it in a way that doesn't majorly hurt people who just want to go fast. The problem with the Volt is that people just use it as a replacement for an assault rifle. But overall I like the SMGs because they're good weapons for actually going fast and the other classes just don't come close, with the exception of the EVA and EPG. So I don't want them nerfed into the ground which I'm afraid of happening because although they might need some tuning, people are treating them like they're completely and utterly broken and crying about it in every game when they're really not.

>
Yes, the pistols may be better, they may work well, but you hit the nail on the head, you are left at a disadvantage due to no longer carrying an anti-titan weapon and this is my point.
I should have been more vocal in my agreement that this is a problem. Titan stacking is still a huge problem and gimping pilots didn't do it any favors.
>The maps are so open that they don't always provide the best situation to use a shotgun
That's why you make the situation. No gun should always be the best pick in every part of the game, down to individual areas of the map. The eva was one of the two guns worth using at all back in TF1, and it wasn't the best in absolutely every scenario. At medium range, smgs lose to the assault rifles, at least in my experience. The G2 and Hemlok rule the roost in the hyper open maps like crash shite and homestead. The R201 and flatline can compete at any range, and so can the devotion if you have a high degree of situational awareness. At close range, the smgs should be dominate, and with the speed of the game, those happen more often regardless of maps or even skill levels a lot of the time. (again, in my personal experience.) I don't feel the SMGs are overpowered, rather that the game itself it built in a way where the situations where an smg will be dominant occur more often than any other. (modes like ctf would likely see a far higher degree of weapon diversity rip) You couldn't (properly) change the balancing of the guns without changing the game. And if you change the game then why bother playing if all of you previous time with the game was functionally wasted?
>you can't afford to use anything but the few things which are currently completely overpowered.
I win plenty of games with the SMR and EVA. Occasionally others do better and occasionally I even do horribly but oh well. If you are going for nothing else but wins, there will also be a specific load out that will be dominant. There's no way around it.

Hmmmmm I wonder

Delete this image.

Buy Titanfall 1.

Buy it for 3 of your friends too (it'll still be cheaper) and play Frontier Defence.

>buy the inferior deader version

titanfall 1 is better than titanfall 2

I agree with this user. Overall the weapons are good at what they're supposed to do but those situations that they excel in occur less often than ones SMGs are good in just due to the nature of the game. I also think map design is a factor to it as well. I think they're attractive to use because you can safely choose them on any map and expect to perform adequately. In the end they will still lose medium to long range engagements to assault rifles and to the EVA in some close range scenarios, those situations just don't happen as often.

You can lie to yourself as long as you like, 1 is the better game

sure, i'll humor you: elaborate

>Tfw you carry your team to victory and win by the skin of your teeth

Also, decided to take some pics and webms from campaign. Only a few.

>VINSON

My man.

ASH BEST GIRL CONFIRMED

maps were better
guns were better and balanced
titan system was better
animations were better
art style was better
character design was better
UI and menus were better
pacing was better

but hey, 2 has a proper campaign so thats good

Yea the only two guns worth using were the EVA and R-101. That's what I call balance.

EVA is not as good as you make it seem to be. It's only useful in short ranges.