>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News
Wood Elves Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=hoiks2rQa9o

5 Minutes of Gameplay (Morghur confirmed!)
youtube.com/watch?v=-9M33Idbm5k

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_4
Recent DLC -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331/

Wood Elves are one of the lowest intelligence races in WARHAMMER. Most of them aren't even literate. Additionally, they regularly practice incest.

Previous thread

>Still no announcement

SOON

KILL KILL THE BEARD THINGS

TWO DAYS AGO WAS THE DAY

>still no explenation for this webm

Rollan!

BURN DOWN EVERY GRUDGE

t. Davi

Thread Trivia, can you guess the correct names of the following settlements:
Dietershafen -
Marienburg -
Altdorf -
Talabheim -
Kislev -
L'Anguille -

Fucking regiments of renown for AI, they should be more restrictive.
>before regiments of renown
>shitty barely cobbled together greenskin reinforcement stack
>shield wall and blow it to pieces at range

>post regiments of renown
>blow 90% of the army to pieces at range
>have to wait to clean up that one fucking unbreakable gobbo unit

Skaven when?

Ogre Kitchen 1 through 6.

Expansion 1 or following close behind it

>Slowly being consumed by chaos corruption spreading from Morghur's corpse.
>Filled with batshit crazy forest spirits who eat wood elf children.
>Part of the forest had to be walled off to contain the craziest of said forest spirits.
>Riddled with unassuming glades that teleport you into Slaanesh's realm.
>Constantly invaded by Bretonnians looking to complete muh quests.
>Constantly invaded by Beastmen pilgrimaging to visit Morghur's corpse.
>Constantly invaded by Daemons clawing their way out of all the holes in reality that are scattered all over the place.
>Constantly invaded by Karak Norn dwarfs looking to settle grudges.
>Constantly invaded by greenskins looking to smack some pansy ass.

"""""""""""""""""""""""comfy"""""""""""""""""""""""

Soon

>he thinks magic is useless
>he isn't constantly buffing his units
>he wonders why all his victories are pyrrhic

Vladopolis
Furry Central
Reekland
Talabwho
Putinland
Baguette

Anything that isn't infantry is 'large'.

So many feasts

Dietershafen - Amber
Marienburg - Amber
Altdorf - Amber
Talabheim - Amber
Kislev - Amber
L'Anguille - Amber

Pyrrhic Victories are the best and the sign of a true strategy understander
>b-but my HEROIC victories
What a joke, haha

>Karak Norn dwarfs looking to settle grudges.
fuck that noise, they don't settle shit. They start it.

I don't think anyone thinks magic is shit. Most people do think that most magic is shit though.

>all vortexes
>lore of metal
>lore of summon cygor and then what?

>Constantly invaded by Karak Norn dwarfs looking to settle grudges.

Except the fact Karak Norn started allied with the Wood Elves

As soon as CA calculate how many charlemagnes it'll cost us.

Trust Karak Norn, soon you'll mourn.

Oh okay then. I'll just leave my provinces bordering Karak Norn without Garrisons then.

the one reason I am most excited about playing the wood elves is the ability to plant a fucking tree on the fucking dorfs and norscans alike. genocide don't cut it anymore, need to humiliate them and pave over their graves.

>Oh okay then. I'll just leave my provinces bordering Karak Norn without Garrisons then.

Turn your back to Karak Norn, soon you'll find your anus bruised and torn.

>why all his victories are pyrrhic
Honestly if the AI leadership buff wasnt as disgusting as it is I wouldn't have the problem.

Karak Norn will be too busy fighting a two way war with Skarsnik and Belegar

They'll be fighting others for sure but
>too busy to fuck with the player
that they'll never be.

Get ready for the wild hunt soon, fellow understanders of strategy.

Norn usually confederates with Angrund and Skarsnik gets wiped out in first 20 turns. Empire tends to be very aggressive towards Azgaraz too since the ai is retarded and raids it.

Stop hyping it up when it's still 3 weeks away you motherfucker, are you trying to make me suffer through the announcement hype again?

In both campaigns I've played since he was implemented (Vlad Vampires and Grombrindal Dwarfs) Skarsnik has taken over that entire mountain range and been alive and relevant well past turn 100

>wood elves
>that much metal
ebin

>Start empire campaign
>Beastmen always show up turn 5-6

Do these fuckers just march across the entire map to get to me?

No reason for wood elves not to have a lot of metal. Some of teh biggest metal industries thrived in forests, like the Roman iron industry in the forest of Dean. Pretty sure one of the wood elf lords is basically Thranduil and hordes jewels as well.

They really want to fuck Karl's wife

Because they're mystical hippies, not industrialists.

>Head to head multiplayer campaign
>Friend attacks a tier 4 capital with tier 2 walls
>Has 2 empire stacks and a reinforcement stack from AI
>He wants to autoresolve, overwhelmingly in his favor, I hit play as AI
>I have about 15 units
>Kill 5000/6500 of his units and he barely takes the city
>He gets pissy and wont talk to me for the next 2 hours before logging off

What a little bitch.

>No reason for wood elves not to have a lot of metal.

Metalworking requires burning wood.

Thus not much metal for wood elves.

>What is magic fire

Elven smiths spend years working with magic forges with super-hot dragon flames to produce superb swords that are thrice as strong and thrice as sharp as anything primitive humans or dorfs could ever hope to produce.

>live in a fucking forest
>cant find dead wood to burn

wew lad

In a world where fire magic exists, that ain't exactly true.

Especially since Wood Elves SHOULD have access to all lores of magic, including High and Dark.

it's usually not bad if you stick your army at that pass they go through.

khazrak retarded eye has only 1 minotaur which should be easy to kill off.

You know their swords are made of metal too, right, that requires fire as well.

Or is the forest okay with them burning just a little bit but not too much?

Or possibly, are you pulling this reasoning straight outta your ass with no thought?

ya but how many times is it folded? I bet it couldn't even beat one katana

This is as stupid as saying that the Wood elves hunting in the woods pisses of the forest spirits

So can Attila actually build up a decent force if everything in front of him is already razed?

Who is the Kholek of real life?

Trump, he'll win against all odds

what do now? Theres no confederating with the greenskins now, has my campaign ended before it began?

We need a wood elf bear now.

Killing animals is cool but killing trees is bad. It's like you don't understand elves at all.

>Especially since Wood Elves SHOULD have access to all lores of magic, including High and Dark.

Only in 8th ed. And it was a pretty bullshit idea to begin.

Then how do they have swords?

No, just get friendly with grimgor and help him out in the north and get rich off destroying bretshits, princes, and dorfs. grimgor can still fuck everything up, get distracted raiding to the north and get his undefended territory can get fucked by what's left of the dwarves to the north and in the rest of the mountains.

It's not over yet, just wait for grimgor to make a mistake.

They use dead wood and magic only, which limits the amount of metalsmithing they can do.

it's a Jodorowsky film, what explanation do you need?

>what explanation do you need?
it's a Jodorowsky film
that's all. thanks user

>everyone's saying Bretonnia was implemented 'half-finished'
>meanwhile on TT, no one ever uses grail pilgrims or reliquae and every single army you see contains only the units included into TWW vanilla edition
>despite this, no TT player complains that Bretonnia are unfinished or neglected or whatevs

why are vidya players so pissy?

We're speaking in relative terms. Thus "not much metal", which is not the same as saying "no metal"

They can't cut down hundreds of trees to use as fuel for the forging of massive artillery pieces or every-day objects like other factions. Instead they use living wood shaped by magic, at least they used to back in the days.

They still have swords, spearheads and arrowheads as well as light armour. But Athel Loren is not exactly home of the worlds largest metal industry.

This is retard logic.

Trump

8th Ed which the game is mostly based on, you mean?

And I think it was to bring them in line with the other Elven factions, particularly the High Elves, since they diverged from a common root where that mastery was applicable.

The wood elves owuld have to manage the wood as people have done for centuries. They'd literally plant and coppice wood to make charcoal simple as that.

Vidya players haven't been turned into the bitches of a company that actively hates then and views them as piggy banks to be cracked open with shit, overpriced products.

People who buy GW minis have hardcore Stockholm syndrome.

How about you actually read the lore instead of trying to apply real world logic?

this picture made me aroused

Nuh uh user the romans did it so that must mean that the wood elves do it too.

Whats your favourite faction and the one you like the least?
My favourite would have to be VC because i like hordes of monsters and spooks
My least favourite are the bretonnians, I like lines of infantry and their infantry is so fucking i can't deal with it and cavalry isn't my cup of tea

Woah calm down there kid, show me on the Space Marine where the BlueShirt touched you

I'd retort but I won't since you'll know I'm right when you next step into the store to buy your plastic crack.

> no tabletop player complained about Bretonnia

They were all either in hiding or slaving away in the sprue-mines.
Seriously though, Bretonnia hadn't been updated for two editions and was considered a dead faction by other players. There weren't enough Breton players to raise a significant complaint.

I can't wait lads.

>Wood Elves in early December
>Lore of Shadow,Life,Grey Wizard and Jade Wizard in December
>Morghur LL with new beastmen units in December
>Bretonnia in early February.

>Whats your favourite faction
HRE
Prussia (Empire&Poopan)
Oda
Himyar
Asturias
Dark Elves (I hope)
>and the one you like the least?
Mori
Franks (Attila)
Dwarfs

I'd really stop hyping yourself about new beastmen units, at the very least, and conservatively I'd say Morghur too.

The Eurogamer thing showed no evidence of new Beastmen units, and I'd reckong they'd get screentime in the climactic battle against Morghur.

And my pessimism says Morghur is just going to be a Custom Battle/MP LL.

The rest though, yes, get hype.

>Likes crawling in my skin elves
>Hates based dorfs

THAT'S GOING IN THE BOOK!

This was last Sunday
>One of two staff was a GUO, one demo table at front, all other tables free to play, 9 year old girl playing necron with mum supervising against a fat 13 year old paki, who had breathing problems so a raspy voice, black youth playing with models on loan from store, 2 normal nerdy teens also playing in this game. >Store manager asked what I was in for and if I needed any help I could just ask.
>get most of my paints and ask the manager to help me find one, takes him a moment to finish some desk work and helps.
>We then swiftly move to the counter, I pay and we make small talk about how long I've been in the hobby for, says if I need any help painting my IW I can just come in for a tutorial sesh.
>say thanks and leave
Oh no he made small talk and wasn't just a robot, oh the humanity

President Trump. Truly a force to be reckoned with.

>wood elves have a freely recruitable dragon
>meanwhile chaos has to use a lord to get their dragons

tragic desu

>based dorfs
I guess they're not even good slaves, they deserve getting genocided by Greenskins and Skaven

Makes sense its in their lore. The Forest Dragons are pretty friendly with the elves and answer the call to defend the forest when asked.. Unlike the elves they also have an interest in the outside world so are eager to learn new things from any Greenskin,Human,Dwarf,Skaven or whatever they may come across.

I still can't believe that Hyrule: Total War mod exists

What do Delfs do with all these slaves in Naggaroth? Except for using them for hard labour.
To think of this, if Dark elfs had less free time they wouldn't have been plotting against each other all the time and could do something impactful.

dumb /v/ poster, this implies they're globalists

Back the fuck off?!

Torture, rape, all that fun stuff.

I think they have some kind of Slave Gladiator games too.

they have swords, spears, arrowheads and metal helmets where the fuck do you think those came from? Least Tolkien never suggested such retarded shit.

whats the best way to invade rome here? or should I cancel all ties with perg bith egypt to invade egypt

jesus christ that map hurts to look at

I'd take and hold Illyria as a staging ground, and then use a combination of one stack through Cisalpina, one dumped in Syracuse, and a navy roaming up and down the Adriatic to harass.

Those dinosaurs would be so sluggish in polar weather, and die in a matter of hours. Presumably there is some lore reasoning for cold ones in Naggaroth but it is pretty retarded. Least the Ogres have yhetis and shaggy ice age beasts.

:^)