Stardew Valley General - /sdvg/

Announcement: Okay, so we need to create a new general involving Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, and Stardew Valley because quite honestly Stardew Valley alone isn't going to hold it. Discussion on what we should call it and what links should be in the intro post here please.

Old thread:
>Wiki
stardewvalleywiki.com/Stardew_Valley_Wiki

>Steam page
store.steampowered.com/app/413150/

>Mod list and guide
community.playstarbound.com/threads/modding-guides-and-general-modding-discussion-redux.109131/

>Portrait Mods Pastebin
pastebin.com/scPQxmy8 (embed)

>/sdvg/ Recommended Mods
pastebin.com/8MnxYWY4 (embed)

>Where are the Jas Marriage/Yandere Jas Bachelorette/Bachelor Vincent mods?

Jas Marriage Mod (in the description of the video): community.playstarbound.com/threads/jas-events-mod-or-character-development-for-jas.125502/
Yandere Jas Mod (in the description of the video): community.playstarbound.com/threads/yandere-events-for-jas.125828/
Bachelor Vincent Mod: boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/157164115/#q157266893

>Lewdfics
pastebin.com/6TH2iu1L (embed)

>How do I zoom out / downsample from larger resolutions / take those cool giant screenshots?
Guide: pastebin.com/7n5Pis5S (embed)
Or just wait for ConcernedApe to add it twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/705463810329448448 (embed)
Or try using your GPU features: Nvidia -> DSR, AMD -> VSR

>Interactive farm planner
stardew.info/planner/

>FAQ
pastebin.com/ySgSDdYC (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/7efHk941
pastebin.com/N1XKn1Yn
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well looks like this is going to die

I asked in the previous if we're heading towards our inevitable death. It seems death came sooner than expected.

I suppose so. This is the last thread I'm creating. If there isn't enough reaction or desire for a Rune Factory/Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley general, then I'm going to go Old Yeller on it and let it die.

That aside, I'll continue to release my modified genderbent bachelor skins on Nexus and Chucklefish

I think what the second-to-last user in the previous thread suggested works well for a title.

>Comfy Farming General - /cfg/

Or we could also add "games", I guess.

>Comfy Farming Games General - /cfgg/

In regards to the OP, I guess we could put everything from the current OP into a pastebin, and go back to some of the old OPs for the late /rfhmg/ and do the same thing, then add all the pastebin links to the new OP.
It'd look way less cluttered than the current one, too.

I vote for /cfg/.
We'd better choose fast and make a new thread right away and then link it here, though. You know, instead of waiting for it to drop off the board again.

Maybe mention "previously /sdvg/" in the thread title for a few threads (like /xsfg/ did for /rfhmg/), so that new people that missed these last few threads know where to shitpost.

I've got the pastebins ready if you guys want.

Good to know you're back.
I should also get off my ass and continue my mod.
I just keep procrastinating though. Ugh.

Why not just "/sdvg/+/rfhmg/"?

Voting for /cfg/, short and sweet.

My vote goes to /cfg/.

Alright can someone pull up some of the older general stuff or can someone make it so I can make a new thread?

Also can someone try keeping this thread alive until we get a solid general tag on?

shane is best husbando

haley is best waifu

Also my commission for FemAlex and FemSeb is getting started on so I want to post that here too.

If everyone agrees on /cfg/ I've already got both pastebin links set up.
>sdvg
pastebin.com/7efHk941
>rfhmg
pastebin.com/N1XKn1Yn

As well as a possible starting image (pic related).
Goddamnit, I can't find a good-looking harvest moon logo.

Oh, the one with them hugging?

Nice!

So what else should we add? I feel like we need to trim down some of the stuff in this general and add stuff from Rune Factory/Harvest Moon but I don't know if they have anything worth putting.

Also, yes, the one with them hugging. Can't wait for it.

I guess we could either remove the different mod pastebins for sdvg (and just make a huge one with all the different, updated links), but it might take a while, and reorganize all the links with stuff like wikis and all of that.

Or, we could just make an OP along these lines:
>Edition

>/sdvg/ links & resources
>pastebin

>/rfhmg/ links & resources
>pastebin

>Old Thread

It'd look really concise, at least.
SDV is kinda different from both RF and HM though, what with mods and a generally more active community.

Glorious.

The second option sounds way easier to do.
We'll have to update those pastebin mod links someday though.

Remember to link the new thread here and to also add "previously /sdvg/" and/or "previously /rfhmg/" to the thread title t make sure that people see it.

Looks really good!

I wanted a nice relaxing farming game, why the fuck did they add in all this high fantasy shit? Completely ruins the atmosphere.

because there are already nice relaxing farming games out there

You mean Stardew Valley or Rune Factory?

Also, there was always some fantasy in Harvest Moon, Harvest Goddess and such.

You missed the point, they are an indie company, they have a lot more freedom and with that freedom they chose to add something as inappropriate as a combat system to a farming game; I'm saying that they could have done a lot better. I was expected a good game but I got some weird combination of terraria and animal crossing.

Actually I think it's the combat the annoys me the most, a little bit of fantasy is okay in my book so long as it's not too intense; I don't like the idea that there are shadow demons in the cave a short distance from my nice farmhouse.

So guys, since no one else's made it and since it's 1 AM here and I'm tired as shit, I made the /cfg/ thread.
We'll work out any further adjustments with the next one (I went with the "concise" version here ).

>/cfg/ THREAD
>they
Literally one dude.

Honestly though, I also dislike the combat system, but mostly because it feels more HM:DS-y than full-on Rune Factory/RPG-y.

>one dude
that makes sense then, there was probably noone to tell him "hey isn't this combat system a bit of a bad idea?"