Comfy Farming General - /cfg/ (previously /sdvg/)

>What's this?
This is a general for comfy farming games like Harvest Moon, Rune Factory or Stardew Valley.

>Stardew Valley links & resources
pastebin.com/7efHk941

>Harvest Moon/Rune Factory links & resources
pastebin.com/N1XKn1Yn

>Last /sdvg/ thread

First for long life of a general.
I hope.

second for shane is best husbando

third for being a duck owning ducks

Fourth for Elli patrician taste

I can tell the person who made this game has worked at ALDI before, it triggers me to even go into the JOJI mart.

Hopefully this doesn't die like the other one does. I really do feel like this is a better place to post my modding progress rather than the Chucklefish forums.

dead

Yeah this isn't going to survive.

RIP Farming

Impulsively bought RF4, SoS, HM: BtN, HM: ANB, and HM: HoLV over the years since I love the concept but I never really gave any of them a chance past a few days due to working too much. Have a lot of free time now, where should I start? Looking for waifus and autism grind.

RF4 is for you, then.

>tfw no general for starbound

Nothing of value was lost.

So here's a sneak preview at the commission for the Seb/Alex thing

Looking forward to seeing it finished

Also are their thighs too thick?

Top noice

Hello, is this the congregation of anonymous cripple fuckers?

Damn, was FemSeb always carrying a rack like that?

Overhauled FemSam and FemHarvey are not released yet right?

Unfortunately no.

I'm still studying for my law exams and I still have to finish up the sprites for the FemAlex. I'll have A LOT more time after December 3rd when the LSAT is done.

Also the next commission I'm putting up is a crossover with FemElliot, FemSeb, and FemAlex all dressed up as Dark Souls/Bloodborne characters

Save!

Friendly reminder that Harvey received an overworld sprite update.

Ah, so I'm guessing something got added then?

Shouldn't be too much of an issue. Out of curiosity, what changed to his sprites?

Their thighs might be too thick, yeah.
Seb I can maybe see as having thick thighs (she does spend a lot of time sitting in front of a computer because of her job).
But Alex is supposed to be the sporty type, so while it might be possible for her to have big thighs, I think they should be more muscular big and less fat big, you know?

Really cute though! And this sounds nice too.

Good luck with your exam!

Commission is done!

Here it is in all it's glory!

Nice.

Too bad the thread is already dying.

Yeah I don't know why there isn't more discussion here. I mean it's not like any of the three games don't attract discussion

Well, I honestly just found out these threads exist again, but it's probably because:
-Harvest Moon is dead
-new SoS is only out in Japan
-RF is dead
-SDV was eh (I honestly don't know the popular reasonis, but I lost interest in it before my in-game year one finished)

So in reality, there's only 1 game to really talk about, but it's not in english. At least that's what I think. If enough ToT players start posting, I would post more, but I doubt more than a handful are playing the game.

probably also because it is 2-5am across NA at the moment

Why did you lose interest in SDV?
I lose interest after marriage usually, but that's the same with HM.

RF is a different story, mainly because /there is/ a story.

What would you change in SDV to make it better? You never know, modders might like some ideas and try to make them a reality.

The updated one has a sitting sprite. I found this fix from the forums.

By fall I had:
-Found a way to make way too much money
-Completed the first dungeon and explored the second one
-Got married
-completed all of the previous festivals to their fullest extent
-good portion of the museum filled
-had done a decent amount of the acts or w/e they were called with that one tree building

There was no difficulty, and I didn't feel anything. The festivals felt lackluster and uninteresting (especially that one where you just spam the fishing game to get max points), the graphics were bad (which normally does not matter, but for a game like this, immersion is half the fun, and when I feel out of place, it becomes a chore to play), the second dungeon triggered me hard (I loved the first one. While it wasn't really unique or anything, it had progression and adequate rewards for your time spent. They said fuck that and made the second one RNG with no real progression), music was eh (there were two songs I really enjoyed, nothing else was really impressive), and the hooker: it really did not feel like a farming simulator. It get's to the point where your farm runs itself, and it's way too easy to obtain that.

The combination of these (I might be forgetting other complaints, these are the ones that still linger in my head) bored me and so I quit. The candidates were pretty bad, too. The new Story of Seasons has pretty much all of the good ideas SDV has, but in a game that actually feels like a farming game. No fighting, but there's RF for that.

As for what I would change:

Making the second dungeon a challenge dungeon with progression and rewards is something I can say would help immensely. Maybe something like the Pit of 100 trials where time stops outside (but an automatic x amount of hours passes), but you can't leave until you hit X floor. More of these dungeons and bosses could help.

Less realistic characters would help, as well. I don't play video games for realism, and all of the characters had real world issues that made it not fun to engage with. The blonde one (who I married) had some good development and was probably the least annoying to deal with (iirc she only made fun of you for being a farmer, but no mental issues or anything), but the rest, iirc, were daddy/mommy issues, or some other issue that was annoying. Penny, who I tried giving a shot, ended up annoying me a lot.

More world building. I can't remember any big changes that occurred in my play time. I added the mine cart, I unlocked the wizard tower and sewer, but nothing worth while. In ToT, I have 3 towns I can go too, all with a variety of characters and environments etc.

More challenge and more emphasis on actually being a farmer.

I give him props since it's an indie game, but it's still very lacking imo. I feel like SDV tried to do everything, but did nothing good/well for the genre it's in. SoS has better farming, RF has better dungeons. The new updated didn't seem to fix any of this, either, besides nerfing some fruits.

Yeah marriage is really bland after a bit. You just get used to the same shit over and over again.