Need a sporty luxury car for cheap

Dear Veeky Forums,

I'm looking for a cheap sporty/luxury car that I can use as a comfortable around-townmobile. I will use it to learn to drive a manual transmission and to learn to work on cars. My only criteria:

>$5kish budget, though $3kish would be even better
>Must be manual
>Must be reasonably luxurious/sporty
>Must not be a total basket case wrt reliability, and parts shouldn't be too expensive
>Like to avoid anything from VAG or BMW

With that said I've picked out these as likely candidates:

>Jag X-type
V6 models had a manual

>Jag S-type
Also some V6s had manuals, though these are unicorns

>Mid-aughts Saab 9-3/9-5
Ideally I'd find a V6 with a 6-speed for one of these

Anyone have insight into these models? Any cars that fit into my budget that I'm missing? I'm attracted to these so far because I know the Jags are basically Fords and the Saab is a GM product, so I'm hoping reliability won't be too bad and parts won't be too expensive.

>luxury
>manual
pick one.

get an ls400 or a civic for 3k and fuck off.

Saab is probably your best bet for a manual sporty luxury(-ish) car that's not a BMW, despite >FWD.

is300
2jz rwd lsd

Acura TL?

If you want cheap and maintainability saab is not it. Never worked on jaguar before so idk. Why not pre-2005 acura TL?

Yeah I'm not super enthused about the FWD but I think I can deal with that. Saab 9-3 is currently my front-runner, as it has the widest selection for me to choose from, and I can get it as a wagon.

That's not a bad idea actually. The lowest priced ones are a bit above my budget but I'll keep a look out for deals.

I do like the look of those. I'll add that to the list and keep a look out for one in my budget.

SC300 also good

So save longer faggot.

Oh I have the money, I just don't want to spend that much for what I'm going to use this car for. And if I did spend enough for that I'm suddenly dangerously close to Cadillac CTS-V money, which I would buy instead.

>cheap
>luxury
>manual

kek

Enjoy your busted Acura, OP!

Saab 9-5 over 9-3, there's less GM DNA in it. Picked up a 2003 9-5 Aero for £1200. Comfiest car I've ever driven. Look for pre-2006 though, they get a bit corporate and bland after that - not to mention the fucking awful headlight redesign.

I don't know why you would want a """""luxury""""" car you can get for $3000-5000.

Big engines and around town trips dont mix great, engine never gets up to temp and wears alot

>7k for a is300
>close to cts-v money
what are you on about m8?

Good luck finding one that is both manual and not trashed

>jag X-type/Jag S-type
what is financial suicide
>Mid-aughts Saab 9-3/9-5
Buy some "i'm with her" bumper stickers while you're at it

My saab is awd tho. V6 2.8 xwd manuel trans

This is the only serious contender at ops price point. Op can't afford the maintenance on anything else.

But I am with her, so...

why yall motherfuckers so afraid of VAG cars

What you're looking for is a g20. Even though you sound like a douche and don't deserve any more replies than this cause this is the only "cheap luxury car" you can own/afford to fix and learn to wrench on with that shitty budget that will barely get you a decent civic.

Volvo 850R/T-5R or turbo, Volvo s70 T5 (preferably 98)

or if you want a fordvo s60 T5.

Can be found in manual for a resonable price and very good cars except for the fordvo. With a 19T turbo the 850/S70 2.3 turbo's can make 330 hp and with a good tune you wont break any parts in engine. Stock form they are good till 350bhp on stock turbo u can get around 290hp

>bland/boring to drive
>shit to work on
>unreliable as shit once the warranty runs out

Alright! Lets answer some common complaints that everyone is calling me a douchefag for.

> You can't get a luxury car in manual, fuckface

You can.

> you can't get a luxury car for $5k, shithead

Go to your local craigslist, type in "Saab" and tick the manual checkbox. You can get basically whatever you want for $5k. Depreciation has not been kind. Hasn't been kind to the jags either. People don't want to buy 4 door luxury(ish) cars that are 12 years old and were second rate when they came out. They aren't worth jack shit now.

>you can't afford the maintenance, faggot

I don't mind spending money on the maintenance as much, my $5k budget does not take that into account. I already have a late model, reliable car, I won't be walking if the shitbox breaks down and I can take my time hunting ebay or junkyards or whatever for parts if I need to. I'm not asking for or expecting showroom models here.

I got an '08 9-3 last year, I'm absolutely in love with it. Would really recommend one. Not the sportiest, not the most luxurious, but it's by far the best you can get under $10k. It's also so unique and pretty, and maintenance so far been great, unlike what some people might say.

Get a e46 330Ci. I know you think you don't want a BMW but I'd be willing to bet that driving one would change your mind. Especially if you have maintenance covered.