/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Rigurt Edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
One Tamriel/Update12 is finally here! (October 18 for consoles)
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/23/gamescom-2016-recap-update-12-and-one-tamriel
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/09/15/update-12-guide-return-to-craglorn

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/297935/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-6
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SaNt9-QkiHI
youtube.com/watch?v=uuHWWC9xxmk
youtube.com/watch?v=rypU8EoXFxo&feature=youtu.be&t=3248
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

New players who lurk the general because you tried the free trial that's about to end, what did you think about it?

Bit late, but im trying the free trial now. Any tips for a long time ES player but a first time MMO/ESO player? I noticed I have 500 crowns, should I use it on that starter pack?

Also what are the differences between the game versions? The base game is on sale for $13 so im probably gonna pick that up

i liked it enough to buy it for 10 doll hairs

>level 11
>find a public dungeon
>kill the final boss
>drops loot for a level 50

what

>>drops loot for a level 50
Game is still buggy.

The base game is the base game. The gold edition have the DLC's that you don't really need and can be bought separately at a later date. You're not crippled for not having any of the DLC's.

Post characters

post your UI's!

Am I Veeky Forums?

So quests give out loot based on your current level will there ever be gear from a quest i need that ill have to out it off till im max level?

alright so im a stamina templar, so i wear medium armor and metal weapons, does that mean i can vendor all my woodworking and cloth shit? i have no fuckin room for all this shit

>would swashbuckle with/10

what spend my 500 crowns on?

Lol, there is justice in the world.

>Stamblade
>2nd run during double items week
>5th or 6th complete in total

Save it for DLCs.

DX12 when?

Buy starter pack if you need a horse.

Does the Gold Edition allow me to play any race on any faction?

No, that's the explorer's pack ingame.

I see your lizard wizard and raise you a cat. Also it's good to see that even having a hat on doesn't stop that fucking crown from showing up.

It looks good, but I don't think popping on a costume can ever be considered Veeky Forums.

You might want to keep your wood shit so you can research traits/deconstruct staves and bows to level woodworking and make your own bow, because you will want a bow on a stam DPS build, even if it's just for the sake of slapping down an AoE and poisoning your target.

it's like a normal tes game, except with less stuff and more drunken shitposting

did buy/10

>want to make a fappable thicc waifu
>be awfully shit at character creation

every single game I played

Do average quests matter anymore? After One Tamriel?

I'm only level 9 will I be able to use the horse right away?

What do you mean user?

Horses don't give a fuck user. You can summon that shit at level 1 if you so please. Horses are also account wide, you get one horse, be it from the crown store or from spending 10K at a stable and all your characters have a ride from the word go.

eh, I meant about storyline faction quests
I dunno, it seems it mattered a bit before one tamriel

As an Australian, and even though I got this cheaper (not current sale, t'was ages ago), I regret buying it. Constant 300+ ping is not okay.

even in NA servers?

but yeah, I wish they could have servers outside EU or NA

should i spec in alchemy over enchanting/provisioning?

They don't matter for getting places anymore, but they're still a pile of XP and give skill points every so often so they're still worth doing.

personally found provisioning most effective further on

how so

rarer food and drinks give big health and magicka boost

what if my main stat is stamina?

You should max every crafting skill.

There are health/stam foods as well.

oh right there also are foods boosting stam

rarer ones boost two like Health+Magicka or Stam

okay, so if i choose a path like alchemy i could still make top tier provisioning stuff too and it wont be a big hassle?

You can max out every crafting skill easily, I have all of them maxed and every skill I could care to ever use and still have skill points left over and zones I haven't scoured for skyshards.

well, I wouldn't say there is a particular set of path for crafting because there still are more skyshards and now you can go almost everywhere to find them

so, maxing crafting LEVEL is recommended

WHAT'S THE BEST TANK CLASS FOR PVP?

Have they released any new pve content in the last 4-5 months?

Is pvp still fucking horrible?

With this dev team, pvp is never going to be anything but terrible. Game allows for enormous build diversity, but it comes down to a few builds that just utterly dominate, and the set bonuses are out of this world fucking whack.

Then if you get too gud, they ban you like they did with stam orcsorcs debacle.

Wait, they actually banned people for playing stamina orc sorcerer? What the fuck.

>Cool ESO free weekend

>4 hours to download 60GB

>Start the game
>Connection to server timed out please try again later

you should definitely max out alchemy for the passive that gives a longer duration on potions

Yup, there was an issue with cheatengine users capping out their speed a while ago in pvp.

Then stamina orc sorcerers became a thing, and if you got reported while playing one for speedhacking, you'd just get banned, they don't even look into it.

Some people never actually got unbanned for it. Zeni is pretty clueless.

What class is better in PVP or just overall: NB tank or DK Tank?

This, what the fuck?

if i join for a dungeon and go do something else will it teleport me back when it finds people

tfw has no one to play this with... youtube.com/watch?v=SaNt9-QkiHI

yes

Close steam with the Task manager and relaunch ESO.

I bought it after 6 hours

It honestly feels more like an elder scrolls game than an MMO which I think is good.

But most importantly it's giving me such a morrowind nostalgia trip.

WHERE THE FUCK DID LYRIS GO

IS THE WHOLE GAME FULL OF BUGS LIKE THIS FUCK

For $10 I think it's worth it if only to explore around and shitpost for 2 weeks before getting bored.

New to this game, I have no idea how builds are supposed to work in this game. I don't know what stats or skills to level or generally not ruining my character by making shit choice. Also it seems every class an do anything? What the heck is going on with this system. I can't find anything to explain how to build correctly.

relog

>ruining my character by making shit choice

Impossible. You can respec everything at the second major city for every faction

I'd recommend just playing the game and learning as you go. A lot of the builds online aren't helpful for levelling anyway, and are more meant for max level.

Every class 'can' do everything, but for endgame healers are almost exclusively templars. Anyone can heal up to that point though, so if you want to run a non-templar healer for dungeons as you level go for it.

>I can't find anything to explain how to build correctly.

This is a pretty chill general; if you're struggling with solo or you don't think you're doing the right thing for your role in a dungeon I'd recommend just asking here. You'll get minor shitposting but IMO it's better than diving into the autism of build-posting websites. Otherwise just make it up as you go

>tfw went on a mod downloading spree

i was doing a dungeon and i kept seeing prompts to do 'purify' or 'shattered blade' and stuff like that, what was it ?

Not sure if has to go back

"Synergies", purify is from a templar's ritual and will cleanse you of DoT effects/debuffs, mostly only important for PvP. There are plenty of other synergies, some more worthwhile than others. Radiate, for example.

youtube.com/watch?v=uuHWWC9xxmk I'd totally watch a gritty tes tv series.

it's playable though

i'm core in the guild holding the current only hm maw clear pcna, and about four of us are australian in the core group.

It's a lot more fun than i expected, better than vanilla Skyrim. It's actually unbelivable they managed to create more enjoyable quests in an MMO than they did in the single player games

The PvP i don't get at all though. 90% of the time there is nothing save a few mobs here and there, and suddenly you get bumrushed by like 30 enemy players

I get they wanted to create some large scale pvp, but why the fuck is it not in smaller scale also?

I like it but I already play eve online T_T, what do?

Are there any light sets/outfits that show off the characters belly?

>EVE online
>play

that game is like 90% waiting if you do anything other than run missions

There are two costumes which both cost 500 crowns

>someone tries to gank me going in a keep
>cloak away and come back and kill them with a proxy and soul harvest/ concealed weapon
>get a whisper
>wow pussy proc build

how do costumes work? are they dispelled by combat or do they stay on?

They stay on.

I heard something about spellcrafting in the future. Did they actually give any info on how will it work or is there still no info. I'm hoping i can get waterwalking just because i hate swimming and those shitty animations

neat

thanks

No ETA. youtube.com/watch?v=rypU8EoXFxo&feature=youtu.be&t=3248

Made it to the second island

Why does this game start off with enemies having like 30k health? Couldn't they reduce all these numbers by 10 or 100 fold

With the one tamriel patch all the enemies are scaled to highest level along with your stats. So you can go anywhere you want with no level restriction

What do you guys feel is the least popular class you see around pve zones?

Dragon Knight, though as others have said it's pretty even

Bought gold edition and 5500 crowns for future DLCs and some cosmetics. I travel a lot between my home where I go to college and my hometown where I celebrate holidays and work between semesters, so couldn't justify just going for eso+ since I would feel like I wasted gametime whenever I didn't play.

Also, with the infinite crafting bag, I feel like I would get really spoiled and not able to go back.

What are the chances that game will drop as low in price as during this weekend, within next few months?

I mean, even if I buy it today, I wouldnt play it for few weeks I guess.

Also, about buying - I still cant decide, if to buy it for 10 EUR now or more expensive boxed version later. You see, in my case it is either - buy normal version now (for 10 EUR or 50 PLN) or whenever I want, boxed version of Gold, for 150 PLN (or 33 EUR).

10 EUR is fine price for me, since Im still not sure if I like the game enough or not (even after two days of playing).

What would you guys suggest?

if you dont mind buying from G2A, its 10€, gold version is 22€. and im sure the prices will stay that way

I actually do mind, I dont trust g2a and similar sites at all.

Its just that I heard you cant "upgrade" to Gold later, if you decide taht you want all DLCs. I dont want to screw myself up.

I really don't like Wrothgar.

you can upgrade later, for 5500 crowns, or 21€

scratch that, crowns might be on sale aswell, according to steam 5500 crowns were 35€ before the sale

21 EUR in normal price or current reduced?

If normal, then that sounds okay, It would result in basically the same as I would have to pay right now for boxed Gold (30 EUR vs 33) and 10 EUR wouldnt be that hard to lose, if I would end up not liking the game in the end.

Thanks.

Crowns are on sale right now

Then I really dont know anymore.

To buy or not to buy?

Does it makes sense to pay 10 EUR, if Im still not sure, if I like the game or not?

The free trial doesn't end for another full day, but if you're not sure, then don't. I'm sure there will be another sale next month for the New Life Festival.

I can't think of any argonian name help me out /tesog/ pretty please

>The free trial doesn't end for another full day

Yeah, but banks dont work on Sundays (and Staturdays too), while adding founds to Paypal takes two days, after they dropped fine option of "quick adding" in favor of some shitty one that requires giving login info for your bank account.

Karen.

doesnt your bank have an online credit card generator? Im not sure if thats a thing on other countries other than portugal