/domg/ - Dominions General

Previous thread Suwa War Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>Don't bully elves
>Work on your blogs, videos, and the wiki

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MokouIsHot
pastebin.com/CEdrsdJS
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/better-arena-rewards.html
drive.google.com/file/d/0B-jNQgOwI-Q_Z2VSZGpSVlZkX2s/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Our NationGen game is on track but I want more responses to the poll. In particular, I need more responses to the optional question so I can zero in on the problem nations. So figure out what nations you like, take the poll, and then get ready for some good ol' fashioned ethnic cleansing.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdJ3gztsJwhzHnQ_pHXrU2XXzejR3hM26Ruwww-qQQM0i_UJQ/viewform

You'll also find links to the nation packs within. We're up to fifty-something for anyone curious, and when this is all said and done, I'm looking at having twenty or so for the final compilation. That's hopefully more than enough for anyone to find a favorite.

thank you Amuys you can now go to bed

Who is the best old hag and why is it the snake old hag?

Not sure if anyone posted this, but nobody really said the game started.

Also, I hope every player is still around, but since this took 2+ weeks to get started I wouldn't be surprised if we have mass staling.

>not bones

>docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdJ3gztsJwhzHnQ_pHXrU2XXzejR3hM26Ruwww-qQQM0i_UJQ/viewform
Post nation this thread pls

Reposting for the new thread
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MokouIsHot
LA newbie game, starting at 13 players

Is CoE4 super ded now?

I still play it sometimes.

>waiting for Jotunheim and Mictlans turns in teaching feeling
>waiting for Altdorf and Slaaneshs turns in teaching feeling
Altdorf is malakal confirmed.

I meant to say meme throne there obviously.

>tfw about to backstab somebody for the first time

Better not be me motherfucker.

Post the what now?

Nations?

Depends. Who are you?

Check the link again senpai.

I just marked the one nation that I made a pretender for, and I'll go through the list again if it gets taken.

I'm a lot of people.

Threadly reminder that GinnungagapREBIRTH needs a sub for Fomoria and if I have to set him AI, I'll be a sad dude.

Gakand, Sithis, Vitammen, Murmar, Sosunmori, and Kharis all have votes. Our packs can be found in that link or through this pastebin:

pastebin.com/CEdrsdJS

Pack One contains Abyss, Amazon, Apes, Atlant, Birds, Non-Existent Flying Monkeys, and Foulspawn. Pack Two contains Hoburg, Ichty, Illit, Lizard, Pale, Pygys, Snake, and Vae. Pack Three contains an extra Atlantian, Advanced Humans, Caveme, Ogres, and Tengu.

I just voted for the guys I wanted to play and two random ones because I needed to pick one from each section.

You should strongly consider first having people pick their nations and then making a mod that uses only the chosen nations.

This lets you have a mod that's as small as possible for Llamaserver and also lets you inject stuff like customized lore.

Is there a good way to do that without creating a Steam or dom4mods thread?

You could do it here, but then you'd be stuck waiting forever for the dude who called a nation and didn't make a pretender and have to deal with the pranksters taking nations that they didn't claim.

But aside from that, you don't need another thread.

I'd prefer the poll so late comers have a smoother time. The number of responses, however, isn't quite what I was hoping for. I may change tactics, and possibly select a nation of my own, if things don't improve.

Is there a trick to uploading the .dm into the inspector? I can't seem to get it to show me all the mages at once, only either half.

The poll thing doesn't work since people often have just one nation in mind and also people just don't use it because I've literally never seen it done before for any game.

I'd play a natgen game again but only a blind one. People dumpster-diving 40000000 nations just seems to result in the same problem I have with magic - someone finds some turn-3 win and the game stops being fun.

The dudes I plan on playing dont seem especially strong to me.

That's why the admin pregens the nations. The ones where people make their own look like that, but here we all see them and if anything's op we can point it out.

Gakand looks really good after viewing part 1.

Like every other good, horrific admin out there, I've suddenly changed my mind.

We're scrapping the poll and switching to anonymous calls. Reply to this post or any subsequent posts like it, call TWO nations that you'd like to use, and I'll add them to our final nation compilation. I need TWO nations on the off chance that someone snipes your nation during pretender submission OR if I decide to not add it for some rational reason. If you don't give me TWO nations then I may decline your call so be sure to reply with TWO choices.

The following nations have already been submitted and will not need a call: Gakand, Sithis, Vitammen, Murmar, Sosunmori, Sogun, and Kharis. That leaves 18 more slots.

So good luck, good hunting, and may you all end up with the nations that you desire.

Can I submit my own nation to the nationgen or do I have to pick one that admin gives?
Or is it too late altogether?

I'm not comfortable with taking nation submissions.

You have fifty-three to pick from so hopefully something catches your fancy.

>Murmar has both units with mundane research and magic power

Caevie and Cyaeguu'ylsm

I see two herbivore lizard nations each with one commander, and one mage.
Is this normal?
>Nationgen now has national rituals
Fucking sweet.

Now you can play both Drain 3 and Magic 3

Omens from Pack 1.
Tisor from Pack 2.

I already picked vitamins but in the interest of having other options I would also like to suggest Lustein as well.

Ok so I loaded nations in to test, but I can't recruit all the commanders I should be able too, and my other commanders have weird paths.

Tjaem and ???

Looking to join llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MokouIsHot but link to download betterarena is ded. Halp please, I am lost and confused.

I would like Sogun, Tjaem, Lucosjes, or Livria

Just got the 12 hour warning, and it's been 4 days.

So, uh, other ginnungagappers - how long should I keep looking before giving up and setting Fomoria AI?

Tjaem and Per-en

Well, it's been 6 days actually. I've extended four times.

dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/better-arena-rewards.html
Ask and ye shall receive fuckboi.

There is this new service called google at www.google.com that you can use to search different things from the internet. Sounds crazy, I know. Go to their webpage, put "betterarena dominions mod" (without quotation marks) to the field and press the "google search" button. You will then see a list of different webpages, which will help you find what you are looking for.

Alternatively, check drive.google.com/file/d/0B-jNQgOwI-Q_Z2VSZGpSVlZkX2s/view but only if you are not afraid of viruses.

That's not normal at all. Are you running other mods at the same time? You'll likely have a ton of ID conflicts if you activate more than 1 pack or maybe even something like summod. This could be the cause of the strange behavior.

To make sure it's working properly, check your nation against its preview image.

Which ones have good spells? I already checked all their units but I forgot to see if they had national spells and I am too lazy to go through everything again.

W-whoops

And how do I know shit I end up googling would be exactly same mod version server uses and there won't be endless stream of conflicts and errors, seven plagues, meteorite rains and diarrhea?

Well the diarrhea is just part of the Dominions™ experience

Abysia how much are you paying this guy?

His upkeep's lower than this guy

Jesus Christ. Are there any afflictions he doesn't have? That is one dedicated troll.

I'd pay him. That guy is still a very useful evo bait.

You don't, but angry google user is too angry for such blandishments. He knows only hunger, and lusts for your soul.

Uh oh.

The quintbless madman seems to be attacking a lot more than one person at a time.

Heh.

Where is he at?

To be honest, victory goes to those with courage.

I'd like Nadasunsa or Livria.

new memethrone turn

this map needs feedback, why is it easier to cross an ocean than to cross a river

Have you ever tried to cross a river IRL? Not as easy as you might think.

I agree with this. Crossing a sea is as easy as floating along a flat surface. The rivers on the other hand have deadly currents and shallow depth.

Is that.. the HMS Peregrine?

Abysia 2h file received
Agartha 2h file received
Arcoscephale 2h file received
Asphodel 2h file received
Bandar Log 2h file received
Caelum 2h file received
Ermor 2h file received
Ashdod 2h file received
>Jotunheim Waiting for 2h file
Man 2h file received
Marignon 2h file received
>Mictlan Waiting for 2h file
Nazca 2h file received
Pangaea 2h file received
Pelagia 2h file received
R'lyeh 2h file received
Vanarus 2h file received
Sceleria 2h file received
Ulm 2h file received
Vanheim 2h file received

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sarhaneni and Tirbal sound like the most fun to me.

As I posted several times let's just rush that team, for multiple reasons.

>Played by Malakal
>Blood nation
>Waiting for 2h file
I have my own cow in the ditch regarding this game but this is going too far.

Per-en
Önes

Who is this Malakal dude everyone keeps talking about?

polish diplomonster plumber

>plumber
Like an actual plumber, or is this some kind of euphemism?

He's a lawyer. The plumber thing is a polish stereotype

>He's a lawyer.
And here I thought that the plumber thing was supposed to be some kind of an insult compared to his real status.

Considering his gamestyle, being a lawyer suits him frighteningly well.

Do they have laws in Poland?

Arguably.

We crowned Jesus Christ as our king and sovereign yesterday. Does that answer your question?

this is the comfiest general i've ever been in, we don't even have a cancerous tripfag

I'm having problems deciding what to aim for with my nation. Like what spell or summons I should pick up. Is that jut something I have to learn by playing?

No, currently there are about 5 good meta strategies. 6 if the absolute madman who is currently playing Scales Lemuria actually wins.

Which are?

>playing Scales Lemuria
For what reason?

High scales
High Bless
Blood
Endless Chaff (Freespawn, reanimating and rushing Enchantment 5 with Death)
Early game rush followed by levering the advantage
Staying isolating until you can cast multiple very nasty globals rituals, forcing the other players to leave the game.

You can easily sort all par few of the nations in the game to each (or many) of the appliciable categories. The unsortable nations are invariably shit, Oceania etc.

You forgot something that involves tartarians and late game.

ANOTHER STALE FOR ULM. HELLO ADMIN???

FLATUS stands for Fuck LATe games like US.

Everyone having pathdepth 9 and research 9 on all schools doesn't really invoke strategy, just using your assets tactically.

Those are overall strategies, not specific strategies. MAPangea has nearly no reason to go for Evocation early on, whereas for MAAgartha it's almost a necessity to get evo-spam up to deal with early wars.

Of courshe!
MAPangea can take High Bless for White Centaurs, High Scales for excellent troops or even switch scales around for another form of High Scales, generating Maenads.

MAAgartha in your scenario would want a modest bless if they intend to use their sacreds and High Scales to boost early expansion/mages/research.

Jotun-mictlan have W9B9N9.
I'll post a image later.