/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Downgrade from 11.1 possible thanks to new exploits that are going to be released in the following months. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe only for RedNAND/a9lh users.
-Unbanning is possible by replacing LocalFriendCodeSeed_B gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-Preview version of hexFW released.
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/

>Vita
-Adrenaline released. gist.github.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/SciresM/SunMoonPatches
mega.nz/#!nQUDwZQJ!LYEszSk-7_Fx7srnSU9PGQjoSjZT2SflRhMyAEsxj4k
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5dmpqo/discussion_has_anyone_been_banned_since_the/)
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/pull/286#issuecomment-261672386)
gbatemp.net/threads/has-anyone-gotten-banned-from-playing-pokemon-moon-online.447971/page-330#post-6853246
3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits.
smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you are wondering about the OP pic, SciresM released a few ASM patches for the Pokémon SM code.bin, that allow to disable outlines and to use the QR Scanner to inject Pokémon.

Link to the patches

Link to the Windows executable that patches the code.bin files automatically

Prepatched downloads
mega.nz/#!nQUDwZQJ!LYEszSk-7_Fx7srnSU9PGQjoSjZT2SflRhMyAEsxj4k

To use them, put the .bin in the proper Luma or HANS (latter is New 3DS only) folder.

reminder that these types exist

READ BEFORE ASKING DUMB QUESTIONS

>People have ONLY been banned for playing online BEFORE the official release date.
>The freeshop version is SAFE! NO recorded bans yet. (reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5dmpqo/discussion_has_anyone_been_banned_since_the/) YES YOU CAN PLAY ONLINE NOW, STOP ASKING
>"Is the Lurantis leak safe?" who fucking cares if you can upgrade to the freeshop version?

>Currently, the only way to get rid of the online ban (002 error) is to either use the LFC of an unbanned 3ds, or by using the movable.sed of a 3ds that has undergone a system transfer in the past.
>A fix for the eshop ban (022) is out there (incomplete), but the Luma3DS dev has rejected it. Wait for someone to fix and fork. (github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/pull/286#issuecomment-261672386)

Just be patient. It's only been a few days since the banwave, and there's already a lot of progress.

Guide to current unban methods: gbatemp.net/threads/has-anyone-gotten-banned-from-playing-pokemon-moon-online.447971/page-330#post-6853246

>3.63 NEVER EVER

>"Is the Lurantis leak safe?" who fucking cares if you can upgrade to the freeshop version?
You should change this and specify it is safe, since there's no actual difference, just people shitposting to make confusion.

>tfw don't feel like fighting online since game is heavily bombarded with cheats

think I just bricked my 3DS. how do I fix this?

So why are there aren't more open sourced things in the homebrew community? You'd think they'd like to speed things up with thousands of people working together instead of keeping e-peen alive.

>prefers Meruru%Ayesha to Totori
top pleb

Mario Maker leak when?

11.1 O3DS, is there any way I can play Sun/Moon online?

I have tried httpwn but that doesn't seem to work, it still tells me I need to update in order to use the online functions

>source in filename
Thank you.

What are you planning to do online?
>WT
Everyone's handing out shitmons
>Trade
Just gen
>Battle
Use Showdown for now.

Just wait until your 11.0 exploit comes out

Did the sissy anime boys go away yet?

first thing i noticed

Does the homebrew launcher not work on 11.2? It's not generating the proper payload.

Was a newer version released or is it outdated now?

Super Smash Bros 3DS, Monster Hunter games and Pokémon SM reboot your 3DS after you launch them so ctr-httpwn shuts down as well.
There is no way to play online unless you update.

>Downgrade from 11.1 possible thanks to new exploits that are going to be released in the following months.
Is it going to be only for 11.1 or 11.0 as well?

Don't know what ones you're talking about but I'm right here, user.

I played them and remember Torori feeling archaic
best characters thoguh

NEETs don't leave their home.

freeshop will let me browse fine, but the download section for every single game is blank. it didn't do this for me a week ago. i updated enctitlekeys.bin. what gives?

What's the recommended hack for playing wii u games from different regions? Can you boot homebrew and homebrew games without using the website through the wii u yet?

No problem user, Onizuka is pretty nice and I'd like for others to follow suit.

>Other sources say it is 11.0 too and AFAIK NATIVE_FIRM in 11.1 is same as 11.0 - not every firmware update actually updates the FIRM - making sense in nintendo way, but say, 10.4-10.7 all used 10.4 FIRM.

I've been here longer than you.

How can i contribute to the scene or whatever, i have 3 months free with nothing planned

is the shopping bag icon on the bottom screen selected?

i used a friendcodeseed_b from an user's dropbox last thread and it did unban me but it seems likely nintendo would be able to notice two instances of the same friendcodeseed_b and ban all consoles that are using it

Why the fuck is Shoma in this thread

Nice. Thank you.

Not necessarily true. I spend at least an hour and a half a day taking walks outside.

Please stop.

yes. all the other tabs work fine, but once i select the bag one, i get a blank white bottom screen

thats hikikomori you tard

where do you walk and what time?

My 3DS gives me a blank screen on boot after I tried to install menuhax and it gave me a glitched screen. I turned it off and now nothing happens.

What went wrong?

not sure then. try deleting freeshop and reinstalling

that's normal

Faggot, you're the one who should leave.

hold L after turning it on

Stop it please. Every time I see anime sissy boys I want to smack them silly.

I think the question is, why aren't you posting more Shoma in this thread?

do it

nevermind i can't remember shit. turn the 3ds on with the sd card removed

Usually at night, thanks to my sleep schedule.
As to where, I head for the second to next town over and turn back.

HOW THE FUCK DO I GET SWAPDOODLE TO WORK ON A JAPANESE SYSTEM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OK but you have to promise not to do the kawaii shit while I beat you up.

Doesn't seem so.
Neither make a difference. Actually, when I turn it on with the SD card removed it won't even stay on for more than a second. I don't know what I did wrong. I had no issues installing last time.

no i'll do it and you're going to like it

/r/equesting an unbanned localfriendcodeseed_b

your school or not? Im curious what country / province / state too.

That's not official art, is it?

Has anyone had this error when trying to boot a retail version of alpha sapphire in the emunand.
It is an english retail cartridge and it boots up with the following in japanese
レポート こわれています
くわしくは
とりあつかい せつめいしよ を
ごらん くださ
ver. 1.4

9.5.0 3DS user here. I just want to download Luma and I don't own any of the games that can be exploited to download a Homebrew?

What should I try? Are there currently any browser hacks left?

Yes, browserhax works fine on 9.5.

the save file is broken

BRowser hax work on 9.5. They cannot be patched out unless you update yourself. Also 9.5 did not yet have "ET call home" code newer versions have; which "call home" to nintendo servers to check versions and block browser if you are not on newest version.

So spoon feed me a bit. I'm assuming I want to download "browserhax" off 3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits.

The problem is that the link isn't working for the browser DL link.

Also, I'm assuming to install Luma and PhHEX I need a Homebrew launcher? Which is why I'm trying to DL this.

Thanks in advance.

>Affordable 64 memstick for Vita when

How exactly do you use ctr-httpwn?
Trying to launch eShop with HANS gets me stuck on a yellow boot screen every time, and trying to go to the home menu without rebooting gets me stuck on the splash screen.

So i just finished installing a9lh and luma3DS

So to get GBA .cias working, is all I have to do is just install them?

>tfw 3.61 vita

If Nintendo isn't completely incompetent, they'd mostly go after the ones publicly spread around.
It's a lot easier to keep one file shared between two people quiet, as opposed to however many anons are on the public ones.

right

why is that unusually colored cock's unusually colored sperm coming out of the back of his head?

Cheers for that.
All fixed and back in english

can you provide that link user?

No, just download this smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip and extract it to your SD then open up plail.ueuo.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php in your 3DS browser, it'll download everything else it needs for you.

Apparently swapdoodle is super region locked.

I don't have the latest luma version, am I ok if I get pokemon sun retail USA CIA and play it? can I play online with it or im fucked?

Since it's a meme, do I have to erase the title ticket or whatever and also the play history?

Has anyone gotten banned sticking with the leak version?

I am using an original 3DS, if that matters any.

>Since it's a meme, do I have to erase the title ticket or whatever and also the play history?
You don't have to do anything at all.

>Has anyone gotten banned sticking with the leak version?
Bans were exclusively for those who played the game online before release. It's out now, so it's fine to play online, no matter how you got the game.

Except for EU. Game isnt out yet on their end so people are still getting banned apparently.

Is Pokemon Global Link fine?
The whole website registration thing seems a bit more involved.

If this works, I'll suck your cock man. thanks.

>tfw 3.61 vita
>tfw remote play
>tfw PS1 games via PS3
try to catch up, piratefags

I'm gonna try and use Luma region-encoding on it.

how do i get sound working on freestore.

clicks and notification sounds.

how.

Pretty sure my vita is hackable. Where do I get started? Is it worth it to hack it now to play psp/ps1 games? Whats the risk of a brick?

So NTR still runs when pokemon SM are playing, but input redirect drops out after the game loads? Anyone know a fix?

No, that's just shitposting.

If I'm running cakes with sysnand at 9.2.0, what step can I skip to for a9hl?

the 9.2 downgrade obviously and you'll start from the beginning

The very first thing in the page you're now on.

>Is it worth it to hack it now to play psp/ps1 games?
That's something you're supposed to be able to decide for yourself.

>Whats the risk of a brick?
Impossible unless you really want to and go ahead and learn what you need to know specifically to do it.

>luma3ds cia updater
>update launcher
>2 options to update luma3ds
>do both
>5.6 is latest update
>chose both options and restart 3DS
>still says I have 5.5 instead of 5.6 both times

The fuck is going on?

>im running cakes

HOLY SHIT ITS WORKING. I'm now stuck on a solid red color screen. Am I safe to reset and hold L? Then grab Luma?

Just making sure, thanks.

That's why I'm switching.

LMFAO

anybody?

my friend gave me a N3DSXL on version 11.2.0-35 how do i get free games on it

Anyone know if Steins;Gate 0 (US release) requires a firmware above 4.01 to run the disk version?

you don't

hardmod or dsiware downgrade using another hacked 3ds 11.2 is the worst one to be on pretty sure that's why he gave it to you anyway

What happened to Pingo's Minecraft mods? Has anyone tried them?

you need dispfirm.cdc

>downgrade using another hacked 3ds

got a old hacked 2ds with rxtools, will that do?

>Extract Moon save with JKSM
>Delete title+ticket
>Download legit moon
>Import save
>Error opening save archive
YOU FAGGOTS TOLD ME
ALL I HAD TO DO WAS EXTRACT WITH JKSM
AND IMPORT IT BACK
WHAT THE FUCK

HAHAHAHA LUMA ADVANCED REGION EMULATION WORKED.

SUCK IT, NINTENDO.