/vag/ - Vanilla General

Everyone is waiting for nost2.0 which will be hosted by Valkyrie. We're currently waiting on server release.
>When is the release?
Beginning of December for Old PvP, end of December for Fresh PvP.

An announcement has been made on the valkyrie forums.
>OLD NOST PVP (Name: Nostalrius PVP)
will be released in a month. This has all your old level 60 chars for nostalgias sake.
>NEW NOST PVP (Name: Elysium PVP)
Brand new server, will be released 3 weeks after old nost.WE WILL BE ROLLING ON THIS SERVER !!!
>what faction are we rolling?

Alliance in a guild but with a different name (ignore the guild made by merove)
Horde in

----------------------------------------

>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

tags: nosg krog wpsg elyg world of warcraft

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mV3Me539taA?t=2757
us.battle.net/wow/en/media/artwork/trading-card-game/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for clique

first

If only Corecraft where still here...

I miss corecraft...

1. Nost posts on the forums they can no longer take donations in parts, they need to pay the server providers in one payment every month
2. Even with their gold selling on the side they still could not come up with the thousands of dollars needed, server hosts gave them till the end of the month to pay up or get shut down.
3. Instead of "shutting down" due to lack of interest, they said they got a cease and desist by blizzard, later by "a representative of blizzard" and then later by "some french legal company," depending on when you asked them
4. This imaginary letter made them shut down and blame blizzard.
5. Blizzard, hearing that their name was in the dirt, could not say "we did not shut them down" because that would be bad for them, they simply released a global comment saying "we shut down private servers in general" to save face and keep their company up. They invite the nost guys over to tell them that if they libel up their fucking name again they're fucked.
6. now that the dust has settled, and the nost people know theres literally no money in it, they're passing it off to some other fucking morons

what are we rolling?

i miss wraith servers

delet this

undead mage or rouge because im a faggot

fuck off russian

Boomkin druid

if you actually believe this "oomkin" bullshit you can gtfo

I already know what the replies to this post are gonna be

are you planning on casting once every 10 seconds then?

With Finns you win!

five hours left!

>nihilum fags this desperate to reinstall their shitty clique again

Give it up boyos, it aint happening

Also

>not linking the stress test in the op

Almost 16k registered users for the stress test... Will this even be a test? Surely this will just instantly go over the limit of their hardware?

Thats the idea.

I don't know exactly how servers work, but i thought they would be able to roughly judge their limits by seeing at which point the server crashed. But there are almost 16k people trying to log on, won't that point just be instantly reached?

Yea, thats the point. They can reboot it how ever many times they need to.

Guild when?

whats this

Autismus Maximus aka Marxmen aka Autism Spectrum aka Video Games carriers aka holy heroes of justice

looks like some kind of bacterial culture

Are we talking about the image or Veeky Forums in general?

applies to both so which ever you prefer

Posting box art again because it's part of the experience.

If I was at home I'd fresh install the game with my original CDs for the nostagia. TFW 5 CDs

>[3:45 PM] Shenna: Please make sure your DNS settings are setup like the pictures below, this should avoid any connection issues.
We hackers now.

>using botnet DNS

*forgets image*

are you a fucking retard?

those are registered accounts

nost had like 700k registered accounts

KEK

>google dns
WEW LA

They should open a fresh PvE server simultaneously with the fresh pvp server, or the pvp server will end up like kronos2 - high pop but low pvp activity.

>listening to old school WoW music
>getting some seriously feels
>load up legion because fuck it, nothing to do until nost launches Q1 50 BC
>WORLD QUESTS DO YOUR DAILY WORLD QUESTS FOR YOUR 0.0000000000001% AT A LEGENDARY EPIC ITEM
>YOU SEE THAT RAID? GO DO IT 5 TIMES EVERY WEEK BECAUSE THERE'S 5 DIFFICULTIES LOL
>DAILIES
>DAILIES
>DAILIES
>MAKE SURE YOU RUN THAT WITHERED TRAINING EVERY SINGLE DAY LIKE YOU HAVE FOR THE LAST 3 WEEKS
>OH WHAT, YOU'RE A HEALER? LOL

WoD was unironically better

at least I could long onto that game and didn't feel like I had to do the same thing every single day over and over in order to progress my character

WoD was a comfy raid logging expansion

>mfw I masterminded getting terminated from my employer in a way that I will be eligible to receive unemployment benefits and will receive my first unemployment check just before Nostalrius returns

I remember driving home from the store studying this box art

The feels man

Stop doing this. Stop going to the next expansion and then pining for the last one.

They've all been shit since TBC released and brought flying and ruined the open world. The memes need to stop, fuck all the pandering.

>kungen streaming again
we fulltime now

Speaking of, wtf is the icon between the book and the cup?

what pandering?

literally no one agrees with me that WoD was better than legion

just because it was a better piece of shit doesnt mean I think it was good

Okay, sorry for raging, I know what you meant but like it triggers me when anyone compliments modern retail turd in any way.

Damn I never noticed that, yeah what is it?

talents?

>warlords of no content was unironically better

Remember when the game was an open world full of dragons and mountains, forests and jungles, bears and thieves and ancient temples?

>WoD was unironically better
WoD is the worst expansion

I get that

I'm just upset that people think legion somehow has more """"""""""content"""""""""""" than WoD and that they fixed all the problems people had in WoD by simply adding Diablo 3 RNG grinds.

Speak of the devil, here's one of said retards. Oh look! He's an avatarfag as well!

Reminder that e-celebs have no problems with the Chinks being 90% of the server:

youtu.be/mV3Me539taA?t=2757

Don't be racist /vag/, how would you feel if Chinese WoW servers didn't let you play for free and accommodate your language :)

Reposting because didn't see new thread. Post some good tcg art people

us.battle.net/wow/en/media/artwork/trading-card-game/

>be chinese
>take f2p game with pay to win cash shop
>send it over to the west
>make them pay $30 for it
>keep the pay to win cash shop in it

>WHELPS
>HANDLE IT

Are warriors on oversupply in vanilla? I'm talking PVE. I think I'm a pretty good tank but I also saw some servers had like 25 % class representation of warriors, so wonder if getting a guild is even possible as a tank not having played Vanilla much since retail (played other expansions on privates.)

If it gets to be that much of a problem, I'm sure someone can code a translator into the game or they can get a chinese-only server.

In the mean time I learned basic chinese and downloaded the addon to be able to see it.

did you even play wod you nigger? id rather do fucking dailies then have 0 reason to log on because my honor is capped, my raiding is capped and my other shit is capped

highmaul was the WORST fucking raid I have ever set foot in and ive done every single one up until that point even the fucking cata ones

>black cancer online
>literally copy paste anime spergfest #3594674

I hate that I actually fell for the hype and tried it, what a load of shit

I think the most overplayed was rogues.

I honestly think people should roll race/class based on personal preference rather than trying to theorycraft what is the "best" class to play, but warrior is a solid choice regardless. You're gonna be heavily gear dependant though so be ready for that.

That's just good business :)

>If it gets to be that much of a problem, I'm sure someone can code a translator into the game or they can get a chinese-only server.
Haha yeah just like on the year and a half of original Nost, see you in 2018.

nice binds

how I feel about gnomes

Looks like brain to me. Probably old icon for talents but eventually Blizz figured out that having picture of a human brain on UI is not the best idea

Honestly I think we should stop talking about the shitty new expansions and just post pics and hype for vanilla.

It's honestly best to just flat out ignore all the cancer shit and build a good community for vanilla.

Short answer is yes.
Long answer is the majority of them are rubbish at anything and most insist on being Fury even though they have shit gear and refuse to tank.

Have more than half a braincell and you'll stand out from the shitty warriors

Holy fuck those fingers like 2 miles long each.

I'd rather be able to raid log high end content and not have anything else to do than be forced to grind the same 1 dungeon over and over and over and over and over again all day every single day on the off chance I get a legendary or some super epic awesome RNG armour upgrade that out preforms even the best gear in the game from raids

It's actually pretty hilarious how many people blizzard have brain washed into doing the exact same thing they did with WoD's launch.

Reminder that people thought WoD was amazing for the first two months as well.

Anyone have the warcraft battlechest? Got vanilla and tbc

who /waitingfornoon/ here

Best 5-man party combo to roll with my friends for leveling through the entire game?

>Tank - Warrior
>Healer - Priest
>Support - Paladin
>DPS - Mage (portals/food/drink utility)
>DPS - Warlock (summoning/soulstone utility)

it still is

>not playing human

>Paladin

Why doesn't he have a helmet

Thanks, guess I will just go for warrior then, I am pretty confident as a tank and raider in general.

>teebu's blazing longsword
jealous?
fucking escape artist is OP
This sounds correct, for some reason I was imagining it as some sort of pink gemstone. wtf is wrong with me lol

God damn I wish we could all get together with some of these TCG raid sets and live out our raiding dreams

>16000 signups for the stress test

is it even worth it to try and log in for it?

Every good guild forces warriors to have both dps and tank gear

For the screenshot effect. Obviously they just created some characters quick for the screenshot and stuffed them with gear they thought looked appropriate.

the same reason he doesn't have a cape or ranged weapon, and as fighting yetis in dun morogh at level 60

it's example artwork

>leveling with 5 people

lmao

>stress test
Why do you think they do a stress test?

Yes, I seriously doubt they will have underestimated the demand for the server, given the sheer amount of publicity. It got hundreds of thousands of signatures.

>support

what

You underestimate the value of steamrolling zones in a party, being able to PvP everyone you come across and call targets.

Also going to dungeons knowing nobody is going to ninja loot, as well as not having to search for people for group quests.

Also, it's just generally more fun. I know it's hard to believe, but a good majority of players aren't looking to hit 60 in a week and start raiding asap, they just want to play for fun.

well lads, its 12 am for me and im wiped. theres no way im stress testing nost 2.0. hope it goes well niggers

>leveling as full group
Do you have a diagnosis of autism or never played Vanilla before?

on that note, what is the current talents icon supposed to be?

Vanilla isnt rift buddy.

Yeah, this. Can we not bring retarded moba terms into vanilla please.

I used to play a paladin on retail and since I was mainly ret specced, people would often take me as a "support" in 5 mans (otherwise I would just put healing gear on and be the healer.) Though, back then it was called an "offhealer" usually, I would dps and then help the healer when necessary.

isnt it the icon for volley?

>2 plates, 3 clothies
Enjoy not getting any gear in dungeons.

Objectively best 5man party:
Warrior, Druid, Hunter, Rogue, Mage.

0 gear competition. Druid takes both spell leather and cloth the mage doesnt need.
3-4 cc abilities.
food/water.
Hunter's pet can offtank.

>only 1 healer that is also shit
Nice meme.

>druid
>5 mans

you were so close

>go to elysium website
>russians fucking everywhere

im scared friends, i hope the new pvp server isnt overrun by ruskies

>"steamroll" a zone