ND Miata RF

caranddriver.com/news/2017-mazda-mx-5-miata-retractable-fastback-photos-and-info-news

ND Miata RF (Fastback Targa Top) confirmed sexiest current production car around.

Top up

I want one and I usually hate convertible cars.

>These are the kinds of people you share your interest with

i reckon more miatafags are killed trying to go full takumi than some fender bender with a truck in a parking lot

The whole retractable thing is pointless.

>the whole convertible part of being a convertible is pointless
It's just a hard top miata but a targa top

I wish it had manual t-tops you just clip and remove instead of this electric motor shit you know is going to fail like 2x in the warranty period if you use it daily, then cost hundreds after.

This is almost a perfect car for me now. Shame about the engine compression and glass transmission.

JUST GIVE US A FUCKING ROOF ALREADY, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

To be completely honest I've seen some nasty NA crashes on the highway. But that stuff falls into general old-car territory mostly and "what the fuck are you doing on the highway in a miata" territory too
transmission issue got silently fixed it seems
no one has reported anything on new models and recently produced transmission replacements for quite some time now

living somewhere with variable (mostly miserable) weather i'm never going back to a manually-operated soft top from a retractable electric hard top

t. bonglander

Perhaps Fiat.

The glass tranny got fixed.

No

Literally yes

solid rumors of a fully fixed roof fastback fiat 124 coupe
if they make an abarth version i'm going to cum

Are there any modern cars that aren't completely pigfat, or a least don't look it?

Still has 1.4l turbo tho

You're looking at it

The front completely ruins the car.

I don't really get what's so bad about it

Too angry, scares the autists

It's just too big. I think that's the main problem with cars of this era. A new ford focus is about as big as an old Land Rover. Cars need to become small and compact again. Modern cars look like fucking balloons compared to

which is actually a pretty reliable engine. greentext fiat all you want but it really is pretty good
also it tunes extremely well, turbo swaps arent difficult, and i believe they max out around 250whp on stock internals which is impressive for a 1.4

Having a shorter wheelbase and getting rid of those stupid fender flares would infinitely improve the design.

Ya still gotta deal with dat der turbo lag doe

Fuck it. I'll buy an RF two years after release. It looks amazing.

It's smaller than the previous gen, and only 100 lbs heavier than a car designed in the late 80s. That's pretty small for a modern car.

>reducing track width
>improving anything

this

The ND is pretty enough that it's making me reconsider getting an NA.

200 extra lbs was kinda a dealbreaker
I was thinking 100, 150 max
200 is just too much for something thats only for visuals
I'm more than content with aftermarket hardtops

these are pointless faggoty cars. Just end mazda already, they're shitting the car industry

Its only 100-ish i belive not 200
Hey for a lot pf people having a hardtop over your head instead of a softop if more than just visuals

It still looks like a down syndrome shoe.

Pic related looks much superior.

DIESEL
FIAT
PUNTO

The engine takes >300hp with stock internals.

as much as I hate mjet. He's right, miata is shit and a fag car.

If you think any miata is a good car then you must be declared clinically retarded

the front looks fucking stupid

>HURR MUH ANGRY CREASES
>HURR I'M AN ANGRY CAR
>HURR LOOK AT MY STUPID FRONT FASCIA
>HURRRRRR

it looks fucking stupid. Mazda shot itself in the foot design-wise after the NB.

If you're a 45 yr old "designer" or sth who's into URBAN LIFESTYLE MEME but also likes to do poppers while having his ass eaten out then yes, it's perfect.

>always make a miata a happy little car
>fucking gay
>make it more aggressive, but nowhere near how the actual angry cars look
>too angry

there is no way to please Veeky Forums
not that i'm not guilty of this, i initially didn't really like the look of the ND but it really grew up on me now

I just know that if they make a coupe, it won't look that good. They WILL fuck it up.

I heard that the RF will only come in Club and GT trims. Is this true?

I just bought a miata na with a soft top and I live in an area that snows. What am I in for?

Chilly doriftos

yea no base sport trim and it costs around 3k extra, so a club with the brembos and bbs wheels cost 36k iirc