>Stats and Leaderboards
overbuff.com/
masteroverwatch.com

>Competitive Info
gousgamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

Previous:

you go first

Ranked is the ultimate cancer and no matter how hard I try I am still stuck in gold. I could be on 5 gold medals but it never matters. Nobody gives a fuck about winning, quickplay is 10 times nicer what in gods name.

>Watch an Overwatch stream
>decide to get back in the game
>remember how cancerous it is
>uninstall
>Watch an Overwatch stream

Circle of life.

>do placement matches
>doing great
>playing sound manlet half the matches, tank the other half
>lots of gold medals
>win 7, lose 2, draw 1
>this is the result

Wow, I knew Blizzard's matchmaking and ranking algorithms were bad, but not THIS bad.

Well, guess I'll take the free 40 matches worth of comp points toward the gold weapon.

>main genji
>always have gold objective time and objective kills
>tank says "lol genji I have gold elims :)"
I just want to play my favorite character, who's a flanker, but stay on the objective.
What's wrong with me?

You are weak, user

Why bother even watching a stream when you can play yourself? Are you afraid of statistics or are you just bad at this game?

What are they thinking?

Think Blizzard will take half a year to release another character like Sombra?

>No news on First Strike release
>No news on Symmetra changes

I guess we'll get those in December, maybe...

Tracer is 80% legs

why?

Fareeha

>What's wrong with me?
Playing a hero for his unintended purpose.

Checking you out to see if they can use you as relief.
Pussy rubbing can only do so much.

They already confirmed Symmetra changes for december.

They're silently judging you while your hand's hovering over Select.

I just learned you can block dva ult with Zarya shield.

Any other interesting stuff you can block with it?

Sure, "confirmed".
Itll probably be January before we get it

Partial premades should get tossed into Arcade Mode, even if they queue for Competitive.

>tfw spent $60 on a tf2 clone
>100 hours of play time
>instant regret

Any one (1) damage instance, no matter how high.

Everything

both Tracer and Pharah are army girls, why Pharah is so serious meanwhile Tracer is a womenchild

>Blizzard in charge of consistent trigger discipline

Supposedly the next hero is well into development, at least that's what papa Kaplan said last month.

I'm assuming we'll be getting him February.

Time travel shit made her mind that of her 15 year old self while keeping her adult body

Tracer was a fighter jock, you nonce.

She is a nigger.

Everyone knows fighter pilots are wAcKy user!

Lesbians.

Tracer identifies as a man, whereas Pharah is simply too autistic to realize she isn't one

>Sombra has a chains attached to her uzi in her day of the spic skin.
>Roadhog has chains attached to his guns regardless.

Don't you guys see? Sombra x Roadhog.

Mexicans always love chubby fuckers. She'll be getting the ''puerco entero''

I'd expect the next new hero to come out around March

Pharah is autistic.

Jamison Fawkes!

Those of you who support this Pharmercy shit... are letting a woman with a literal white savior complex exploit a POC for your own gratification

this is the real reason I want solo queue, it's not getting matched against stacks it's getting them on my team

they're almost always ass and expect people to play around them when they're not even in voice chat

Do you guys think we'll get 6v6 elimination at some point?

Itd be a nice fun addition and easy for them to implement

^_~

>retards who think "teabagging" is just crouching a few times after you kill someone
>retards who do this in 1 vs 1

ahh i love the smell of fresh Thread

>Reaper has trigger discipline
>Probably taught McCree
>Pharah was military
>Widowmaker was a non-combatant
>Tracer is a hyper-energetic and trigger happy as a result
>76 is old and probably justifies it with "gotta always be ready" paranoia
You can almost justify some of these. McCree and Reyes probably make the most sense.

>there are people in Blizzard's office RIGHT NOW who think Arcade 1v1 was a good idea

>implying Pharah doesn't exploit that aryan ass every night

>Tracer identifies as a man
sauce?

user, they are are just retarded virgins, leave them alone, let them have this delusion. They're not hurting anyone

Help me, guys
>Somehow I've been losing every competitive match for the last 3 days
>characters I used to main just seem "meh" anymore and aren't fun
>I try new stuff but I'm not patient enough to give myself the time to get good with them and drop them again
>not motivated to play anymore

what do I do?

>yfw someone on the losing team calls your team tryhards

why is getting out of platinum so hard?

>mccrees that cant kill reaper and pharah
>front line tracers
>front line gengos
>team doesnt understand res
>team doesnt push and gets picked +ulted

Pharah is simply immersing in her role, according to middle class American sheltered edgy teenager standards on owg it counts as autistic.

his ass

Only constant is yourself

How does Lucio fit into the post-Sombra meta?

Is he a must-pick still or what?

I had the same results but got placed at like 2700

Lets all pray bronze shitters are actually placed in bronze in S3

I hope the new hero is an offense melee based character. I love smacking shit with Reinhardt but he does no damage.

Amélie Lacroix

I love legs.

>first time in 1v1
>g-guess I'll get a free loot box
>opponent a bot who does nothing but run into a corner and shoot at the sky

Th-thanks

My nigga.

>next map is going to be KOTH
>the one after probably 2CP

How does /owg/ feel about this?

it doesn't surprise me

no one's making you play it, user. it's not even part of the queue so why are you complaining about this?

>Is he a must-pick still
Yes. Zen cancelling out a Graviton or a Dragonblade doesn't remove those heroes from the meta.

Not to mention Sombra's seen as weak at the moment and as such not picked often outside of people wanting to try her/git gud with her.

>flank
>people yell at me to get on the objective
??

So out of a lineup of 22 characters, you have exactly 1 black person – Lucio. And YES I get that there are other characters who are visible minorities – Symmetra, Pharah, Hanzo, etc. But what about McCree and Soldier 76, who are both from the United States? Or Tracer, who is from the UK? Or Widowmaker, who is from France? Or Mercy, who is from Switzerland? All of these are countries with diverse populations! Black people live in all of these countries! Coding all of the Western first world nations as white is problematic as hell. (And no, Widowmaker does not count as a PoC because she’s blue.)

So with all of that in mind, it is doubly problematic that Lucio – the only black guy – is a black guy from the slums. And sure, he’s from the favelas in Rio de Janeiro. And sure he was “fighting the man”. But the core concept was “black DJ from the slums who stole things”. And when your go-to backstory for the only black guy is “poor thief”, that is super fucking problematic. The stereotype of black people as thieves and criminals is the reason why real actual black people get profiled by police and followed in shops and stores. And the fact that the video games industry is more than 87% white makes all of this even more problematic.

So. You know. What the actual fuck, Blizzard?

This is pedophilia. Widow should be arrested

>Are you afraid of statistics

This. Statistics have long teeth and like flesh.

I love koth, so great. Not too thrilled about 2 cp though. Fuck payload though. What I really want is domination or 'tug-of-war' kind of mode. But i'm probably not getting any of that sooner than blizzcon2017, if at all

Omnics killed all the real niggers. All you have left are brazilian jungle-monkeys.

what is her role?

>Western countries must be represented by blacks
>non-nigger POCs are not good enough it

Why are Ameripigges such dirty fucking progressives?

Very happy about getting another KOTH map, my favourite game mode

nervous about 2CP since the existing maps suck shit, maybe this will be different though

Would prefer no blacks tbhw/ufam

You don't need to play it user.

It's a very fun mode unless you're a whiny bitch

great pasta mate! Did you write it yourself or copypasted from some tumblr blog? i expect it will rustle some jimmies in the next couple of threads

HotS is such a bad game. So glad I was able to play 15 AI games

Comment stolen from Reddit.

High ranking army girl who has to have some decorum. Not every character has to cater to kids with ADHD.

>tfw i no longer give the meta any respect
>i just play comp for fun, including any character i want
Feels so good. Even better when people on my team get angry.

damn

how does it make you feel that trump will remove affirmative action? :)

Cute

>exactly 1 black person
um did you forget winston

At that point you should ask yourself two questions.

>How many of our DPS heroes are flankers?
If the answer is "I'm the only one" proceed to question two.

>Are our team mates idiots?
If the answer is no, kindly point out that there are better candidates to stand on the objective. If the answer is yes, stand on the objective whenever possible, such as during downtime or overtime.

>not being a leg guy

best girl

I have also embraced this, basking in my teams tears as I pick Torb

>mfw playing Torb 24/7 in comp

>spend 60$ on tf2 clone
>nobody still knows how to focus the med first

Take Roadhog, whose has two alternate skins that show him in Maori dress.

And. Man. Here’s where I admit that things get real fuzzy and hard to tease out. Because while it’s not commented on officially, it’s possible that Mako is of Maori descent:

“It is highly likely that Roadhog is of New Zealand Maori heritage due to his real name (Mako) and alternate skin titled “Toa” which is the Maori word for “Warrior”.” – Overwatch Wiki

And honestly, I keep going back and forth on whether this is problematic or not. Roadhog’s pale skin reads more “white” than “Maori” to me. But then, the long struggle of Metis and non-status Native Canadians to be recognized as “legitimately Native”, makes me feel like that might not be a valid criticism. Except, Roadhog is said to come from the Outback of Australia – and the Aborigine people of Australia and the Maori of New Zealand are two different peoples – or at least as far as I’m aware.

So. I think for me the tipping point, the deciding factor of “is this okay?” is the fact that there are so many other examples of stereotyped depictions and appropriative costumes. This isn’t a singular misstep in a game that otherwise did its homework and tried to be respectful. Because if it was, you wouldn’t have something like Pharah and her alternate skins.

Pharah is explicitly, canonically Egyptian. And yet two of her alternate skins are explicitly North American Native – titled “Raindancer” and “Thunderbird”. And that is just such an obvious, straight-forward case of “what do we do for a cool alternate look for Pharah?” “I dunno, make her Native?” that I just can’t even.

Not even me you pozzed slut

Taken from tumblr, right?

Or maybe Pharahs still unknown father is a native American which explains her alt skins

Are you just reporting tumblr pasta? At the very least post some fanart to go along with it

I used to think I'd love Symmetra, back when I watched her ability video years ago.

I really wish she could be played more actively and aggressively. Melting tanks with LMB is the most fun I ever have on her and that's usually a sign of a shit team.

this is the definition of masochism