/twg/ - Total War General

Malevolent forest slowly being consumed by chaos corruption spreading from Morghur's corpse. Filled with batshit crazy forest spirits who eat wood elf children. Riddled with unassuming glades that teleport you into Slaanesh's realm. Constantly invaded by Bretonnians looking to complete muh quests, Beastmen pilgrimaging to visit Morghur's corpse, Daemons clawing their way out of all the holes in reality that are scattered all over the place, Karak Norn dwarfs looking to settle grudges and greenskins looking to smack some pansy ass.
Or
""""""""""""""""""""""""""comfy"""""""""""""""""""""""""" edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News
Wood Elves Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=hoiks2rQa9o

5 Minutes of Gameplay (Morghur confirmed!)
youtube.com/watch?v=-9M33Idbm5k

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_4
Recent DLC -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/22scOV_-3wA
strawpoll.me/11693320
strawpoll.me/11693278
youtube.com/watch?v=8H9rQ71Ff9w
youtube.com/watch?v=yAxfauz5o14
youtube.com/watch?v=jQ2wIa6DVeU
youtube.com/watch?v=6ZAEOGWEpf4
youtube.com/watch?v=wUrYlD-HUmo
youtube.com/watch?v=wTtmGD8Vlgo
youtube.com/watch?v=N3RYbVW4q5Q
exhentai.org/s/0ba58d2796/998045-385
youtube.com/watch?v=P3-b2Y9croM
youtube.com/watch?v=de_G-cfDzwM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WELFS PLS GO
youtu.be/22scOV_-3wA

Vampire-chan's delicious thighs!

Abhorash when?

>linking your shitty video
>being underage

you pls go

BEST BOYS WHEN?

REMINDER FEMALE LLs ARE A JOKE

Favorite elf-related VN so I can wait until 8th of december?

>implying that's me
i just found it online and thought it'd fit here

Ogre kingdoms when

It is now Official. Athel Loren is radiant in its resplendence. Delicate young boys cavort for the delight of their mistresses, and the luminescence of sprites and pixies flicker through the enchanted wood. The Sisters of Twilight languorously uncurl from their embrace; panpipes flute a tune of merriment throughout the halls of the summerstrand. The diverting indignities of gorposting and Deep-Thinking Goblins are a receding memory, a windblown fragment of the season past. All Asrai make ready for frolic and improductivity; indolence is the watchword, and none can be found but are feverishly, zealously committed to inactivity.

From the Oak of Ages, the Eternal Queen watches and is warmed by the celebrations of her people. In such a festive air, Orion's rebirth cannot but be imminent; Ariel's handmaidens ceaselessly weave flowers into her hair, presenting an endless procession of styles and and aspects by which their beloved monarch might greet her consort. Those that retain a sense of time and worldly events look to his arrival; Naieth's divinations serve only to confirm what the jubilant atmosphere of the forest makes evident.

Wood Elves Confirmed.

Where are we at lads?

strawpoll.me/11693320

strawpoll.me/11693278

What kind of VN are we talking about, lewd or extra lewd?

>elfposters

>this is what small unit size battles in Warhammer are like without the blood dlc.

youtube.com/watch?v=8H9rQ71Ff9w

Also look out for the SNEAKY GOBBO you'll laugh and think "Fucking goblins/grobi/gobbo's"

Reminder that the reason why the setting was killed was because it wasn't diversitive and progressive enough or something,

You should replace that pic. Asrai Spellsingers have green hair now.

The undisputed kings of comfiness, Wood Elves are NEETs have bent their entire lives to the great task of taking it easy. Athel Loren, a magical land to which they share a special bond, provides for their every need. Labor is seen to by fairies, child-slaves, and the trees themselves responding to the wishes of the Elven population. Freedom from want and toil is matched by an Elven appreciation for aesthetics and leisure, with each Elf spending her time frivelously. Most wonderous of all, Athel Loren is removed from the constraints of time and space, meaning that the Wood Elves have achieved the ultimate NEET dream of ascending to the 2D realm.

That video hurts right in my cringe.

extra lewd

The weight of years leaves a profound effect upon the civilized factions of Warhammer. With the Humans, rushing here and there with outsized ambitions, this is the most readily apparent. The restless energy of such short lives leave man to marvels of technological innovation and makes him especially susceptible to the seductions of Eternal Life offered by the Vampire dynasties. Bretonnia alone, with its fey benefactor, can be said to be truly removed from the pressing pull of progress that reshapes the society of men with such rapidity.

The Elder races perceive time differently, but no less oppressively. The Dawi live in the shadow of their ancestors, their own prodigiously long lives being defined and driven by what their forbears did. Tradition, accepted practice, and generational feuds inform the Dawi understanding of time. For the Dawi, the future is a mirror that reflects the past. There can be no improvements to this mirror- only cracks and distortions.

The Asur and the Druchii sneer at the Dawi for their mossbound stubbornness, and the Humans for their grasping, overreaching nature. Longer lived than either, they fancy the curse of years to be something that afflects lesser races. They are the masters of time; indeed, the masters of everything. But the understanding of time has as pernicious an effect upon the Elven races as elsewhere, if not more so. The Druchii are defined by an exile that happened Millenia ago; a sense of loss for a land the vast majority of them have never seen. The Witch King's reign is eternal, and so to is the agenda of the state; Destruction of Ulthuan and veneration of Nagarythe, a land that has long since faded to myth. The near-immortality of the Witch King and Morathi have the effect of subordinating the Druchii people to an ancient cause as surely as the Skinks live by the half-understood murmurings of the Slann.

He's too strong

Those ogres are missing their beards

>Be Wood Elf.
>Be living in a forest, just chillaxing out and smoking weed with your bros.

Man, what a comfy life.

The Asur have no eternal head of state, but are no less chained by time. The great historians of their world, their own history is one of dwindling. Ulthuan, glittering by almost measure, is measured by the impossible standard of its own previous glory, trapping the aloof Asur in a trap not dissimilar to the Dawi themselves. Nevertheless in any era their acts are of an undisputed superpower; De-escalation from such exotic climes as Lustria or the Dragon Isles are unthinkable, as is alliance with other realms on the basis of equality. The Asur understand and perceive their own decline, but are rigidly unwilling to deviate from the path that makes it inevitable. The weight of years and Ulthuan's rich history dictate its present to the tragedy of its occupants.

Alone among the Elven races, the Asrai are unchained to the procession of time. They age and die, it is true, but their understanding of time is scarcely beyond the innate natural conception of seasons. Ariel, as eternal as Malekith, governs her realm so little as to render it apparently stateless, though her hand subtly guides Athel Loren and safeguards it through the centuries. Any ossified influence Ariel might lend to her people is counterbalanced by the restive actions of Orion. Her consort has a driving vitality that puts Humanity to shame, rushing and raging across the forest in the bare year that is his allotted time. The Wood Elves themselves lead a cylical existence, free alike from the burden of a past or the exhausting exertions to usher in a future. The Asrai, as much as their mysterious forest, exist out of time.

Tell that to Khalida and Aralliele

What the hell do VNs with elfs in them have to do with the dude who kickstarted the Blood Dragons bloodline?

Search for Captive Market ~ Trapped Elven Officers~

If you want something with more gameplay and an elven waifu, along with playing dress up. Look up Kamadori Alchemy Meister. Long ass game so that should keep you occupied for a bit.

>He's too strong

Once they put Archaon in the game there is no longer such a thing as too strong

That tribal drum music was great. Also that fucking gobbo. Never *ever* turn your back on a gobbo.

>Wood elf shitters get BTFO by OP
>Proceed to spam autistic headcanon in a vain attempt to regain their colapsed assholes.

Not all Ogres have beards user, Skrag the slaughterer and most butcherrs don't since it impedes eating.

thanks lad

>fans want a more standard fantasy with some hope and hot chicks here and there
>GW goes full nope and keeps adding more edge for edgy underage autists
>in SoC edge fags get fucked by battle results and throw a tantrum
>GW retcons it
>everybody else is tired of this shit
>sales nosedive

This is how Warhammer died.

And now with WH:TW being the worst rated game in the series I doubt there is much chance for recovery.

Mate, here. I'm just being ironic and mocking these "NEET Elf" posters for the heck of it, ayy lmao.

>Sieg heil! Sieg heil! Sieg heil!
Jesus christ, lads. Tone it down.

Nothing, I just wanted to help a fellow out getting his elf fix. Aborash is a cool dude though, reckon we'll see him as an LL or L hero?

You're welcome. Happy fapping user

Yeah people sick of SoC your stupid waifu shit was COMPLETELY irrelevant.

>World roots stretch to every corner of the world

How convenient.

Whoops meant to refer to as my post, ayy lmao.

Can someone post the deep thinking goblin pasta for me?

pls

The mainstream media is quick to incite false controversy where none exists and claim there is prejudice and ill-will between the Asrai and their Forest Spirit allies. That's why I am starting a new movement, #TreesForOrion, to make it clear we won't let the narrative be spun by dawi media.

>talk with WH fags on every tourney
>"Shit dude, I wish they added more hot chicks" everywhere

Chaos autism was the #1 reason, but shitloads of people wanted more female models.

>He's too strong

For you.

>Aborash is a cool dude though, reckon we'll see him as an LL or L hero?

Hoping so.

If there is something that End Times failed forever was giving him a model and rules.

I mean dude fought along Bretonnians during the End Times and kicked a lot of asses.

I even wanted him to make Blood Dragons into Core Units.

TW Warhammer will fix this I really hope so.

Not everywhere. Some are dead.

Especially those that go to Norsca.

does anyone have any white dwarf codes
pls respond

>If there is something that End Times failed forever was giving him a model and rules.

I mean NOT giving him a model and rules.

Nah mate. Looks pretty fun. Get a weekend of laughs with the lads and lasses dressed up in costumes and weapons messing about in woods and ruins as a character that grows with each roleplay event. Sounds good.

youtube.com/watch?v=yAxfauz5o14

youtube.com/watch?v=jQ2wIa6DVeU

youtube.com/watch?v=6ZAEOGWEpf4

youtube.com/watch?v=wUrYlD-HUmo

youtube.com/watch?v=wTtmGD8Vlgo

youtube.com/watch?v=N3RYbVW4q5Q

Well who the fuck would want to go to Norsca anyway.

I only hope welfs will be the rape machine they should be.

>Chaos autism was the #1 reason
And waifus was reason #70000

>hot chicks
Literally who gives a shit?

>goes to WH tourneys
>calls the ones actually playing fags

I dont get the too strong meme in general. We got the White Dwarf and will most likely get the Green Knight. Along with having Archaon and Kholek. I know Abhorash is a pretty fucking metal dude with an army of mounted vamps. But lorewise, does he just reck the guys I mentioned above?

>tfw wiped out Norsca for fighting my allies
TRY IT AGAIN, YOU CHAOS FUCKS. SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

Are you doubting the appeal and draw of 2D waifus on Veeky Forums?

I.

To give the Norsemen a taste of their medicine when I go there, wreck their shit, pillage their homes and take their women from them.

They will be if you are good at micro.

To balance out their RAPE, they'll need some micro.

>But lorewise, does he just reck the guys I mentioned above?

Which one?

He killed a Red Dragon 1 on 1 after seven days of non-stop fighting and was anally annihilating TK soldiers (when they were still fleshy) when Lahmia was besieged.

So say I am a lowly Skaven. The average male ratman. What's life like for me guys?

sauce

You guys play MP together?

Stinky Rat business

twenty days of slaving followed by being eaten

>impliying that is not you

The post in is, quite rarely, a pasta without anything about waifus or comfiness. It isn't "headcanon" at all, it is pretty much the lore of the setting. Or is there a part of it you felt wasn't true?

Absolute shit.

>If you are lucky enough to survive birthing, you will almost immediately be forced into a press gang for your local warlord
>You will then either be stabbed to death by your fellow skaven, used in experiments, used as cannon fodder, used as bait, the list goes on
>The saying life is cheap is an extreme understatement when it comes to the Skaven

>that goblin being roleplayed by a female in the Arena video
>Starts screaming the second someone grabs her
>Submits to the stronger one within seconds.

Typical Goblin.

Because the Gods favour we Norse alone.

exhentai.org/s/0ba58d2796/998045-385

>muh lack of waifus killed WHFB

As an average skaven you're probably a clan rat. Clan rats get to eat, sleep and shelter in the warrens of a clan hold. The trick to this is that you need to be fit and vicious enough that nobody will consider trying to steal your food or property but no so fit and vicious that someone sees you as a threat to theirs.

Since slaves take care of most of the menial labor, your daily life is spend... well staying alive really. Even without having to do menial labor, there's lots of things you'll want to take care of as a healthy skaven. You want to ingratiate yourself with more important skaven. You want to make sure you grab the best share of food and shelter you can get.

You want to keep ears, eyes and whiskers open. Rumors are valuable. A rumor might warn you of some stupid skaven planning to move against you. A rumor might provide leverage to blackmail a skaven or ingratiate yourself with a superior. You might even plot to insert rumors that inflate your reputation and make sure nobody messes with you. If you're especially ambitious you might even start collecting or spreading rumors that'll help you... dispose of a superior and take his place.

Above all, you want to make sure you don't give anyone they idea they might be able to take you out, socially or in a fight. Clan wars happen all the time and when the clan rats go to war, you want to make sure you're standing in the back with all the smart rats. No pushed to the front with all the chumps.

Unfortunately you do have to fight occasionally, either to defend your social position or to defend the clan. Obviously a skaven of your talent won't die but it could put you on the fast track to becoming a slave yourself. And that won't do at all.

Anyone wants to play some MP battles?

We can roleplay and do faction wars etc.

>it is pretty much the lore of the setting

It really isn't.

Hey neetanon what is the opinion of the asrai about chaos dwarf

>average
>not skavenslave
sure thing family

Industry and Industrialization, the horrific enemy of all comfiness, is a Chaos Dwarf specialty. Hellish forges work night and day, and the Chaos Dwarfs tryhard so badly they refuse to stop even when its clear it is turning them to stone. Their one saving grace is slavery. Wisely choosing to enslave greenskins, they are spared the necessity of doing manual labor themselves. Unfortunately, even with a massive slave population, they refuse to take it easy and are always angry all the time.

>Wisely choosing to enslave greenskins

Yeah because that worked out well for them in the end right?

>Gobbo archers

sasuga tryhard dawi

Hopefully getting stuck on the end of a dawi axe!

This is some spooky shit lads

youtube.com/watch?v=P3-b2Y9croM

depends if naval combat makes it in, WoC will want to take Ulthuan early before it gets too built up.

Why do Total War youtubers are either autistic or have annoying voices?

>post battle kills 7

Tell me about hobgobos, why they have so much loyalty for a hired sword?

Man's got a point, tho.

Not to be contrary but most Skaven are slaves and even clanrats probably don't last long before their warlord is inevitably stabbed in the back and they get their armour torn off, their ears biten and shackles put on them. The best life they can hope for is making it to the stormvermin but that is a genetic lottery or being a warlock engineer.

Less than a month to elf memes, oh boy.

Is their campaign going to be as shit as beastmen one?

>started painting warhammer figures in 2009
>started playing total war games in 2012
>mfw my 2 favorite things are coming together nicely

I don't think I will be this happy for a video game until a realy long time

Last time I was this hyped it was for Spore

Yes.

After bretoncucks we are the next

I'm not sure I'd say it's coming together nicely when it has 6/10 score on Steam.

Who?

Literally the least popular faction ever.

Get your own opinion, who the hell cares what the plebs think of something you like.

Just finished my first Total War game, Shogun 2. I loved it. About to play Rome: Total War but I heard there were some AI issues, so I'm wondering if there is a mod to fix that? Or was it patched out or something.

>I'm not sure I'd say it's coming together nicely when it has 6/10 score on Steam.
Well it really depends if your eyelids are vertically challenged or not.

Pretty sure they're more popular than Fimir.

Also, popularity=/=quality. See High Elves for reason why a popular race can still be boring as shit.

>WH:TW being the worst rated game in the series
wat?

>Game 2 will have high elves vs dark elves on the cover instead of glorious lizzies vs redditrats

He probably thinks TWWH is badly rated because it isn't 50% women and PoC's or something.

This is a good video explaining the wood elf DLC with some new tidbits
youtube.com/watch?v=de_G-cfDzwM

Also CONFIRMED

12 eternal realms and they all look unique on the story campaign pack
>winter area
>dark area
>sunny area etc

Zerkovich and HeirofCarthage are alright, what are you on about nigga

40% of bad steam reviews are about poor performance.
Another 40% are due to dlc policies.
Last 20% actually focus on the game's quality.