/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Downgrade from 11.1 possible thanks to new exploits that are going to be released in the following months. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe only for RedNAND/a9lh users.
-Unbanning is possible by replacing LocalFriendCodeSeed_B gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-Preview version of hexFW released.
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/

>Vita
-Adrenaline released. gist.github.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/twl-slot-1-launcher-first-custom-dsiware-app.414501/
my.mixtape.moe/lmneap.png
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
github.com/Mithrenes/WiiUGuide/wiki/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

UNBAN FUCKING WHEN?

THEY CANT FUCKING GET AWAY WITH DOING THIS! IT'S ANTI CONSUMERISM. I WILL FUCKING SUE THEM OUT THE ASS THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO THIS

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

read the OP

i think the 3ds screen is bad of my eyes.
ever since i got one a week ago i started to see scanlines in real life. especially in dark areas.
am i fucked? did i take the red pill somehow and found out i live in the matrix?
this isnt just some time btw i see scanlines everywhere.

I hacked my 3DS a while ago, and I got to a point where I'm using Lumas3D I think so I boot instantly into a state where I can play pirated games and shit. Is there a way I can update while still playing my homebrew/games?

if you followed the guide in the OP you will have a9lh and luma installed.
that means you can update your system without any consequences what so ever.
read the guide.
use luma updater before to update luma to the latest stable release. never update to the latest hourly release.

Do you play with the 3D on?

Hey guys I just finally installed some cfw. Besides the piracy stuff, is there anything of note for 3ds?

I want to run DS games off my old acekard 2i, so I'm looking at this tool here:
gbatemp.net/threads/twl-slot-1-launcher-first-custom-dsiware-app.414501/
It requires that I patch TWL_FIRM, and recommends rxtools for that. I never used rytools before—will that conflict with Luma? It sounds like a whole new CFW in itself.
I also keep reading about a .CIA to patch TWL_FIRM, but don't see a link.

Still no downgrade from 11.0 in sight?

Tfw got unbanned completely from online and eshop.

When the fuck is userland coming to 11.2? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT CFW FOR MY N3DS I JUST WANT REGION FREE PLAY

3DS has no games

Yeah, the iPhone has so many more games, why does anyone even play on their 3DS?

>why does anyone even play on their 3DS?
Either eternal Pokémon or eternal Animal Crossing.

my.mixtape.moe/lmneap.png
I keep getting a 'Bad data' error when I try scanning this to get the encTitleKeys.bin file. Any idea what might be the issue?

Good thing Disney XD got the new Sun/Moon anime.

NTR is acting weird on a9hlw/luma (latest firmware.) It seems to work only when it feels like it, most of the time it fails. And even if NTR CFW Selector says it's loaded and running, it still doesn't respond when I press Y and X

I have tried BootNTR too but same deal except it ends up with an error code half the time. Just wondering if anyone else has been having issues with it or knows a fix.

>eshop
how

I just started using freeshop. I have a bunch of legit games still downloaded. How do I put freeshop (or otherwise) dlc on my legit games?

Or if I can't, how would I swap over to freeshop games from legit and keep my save?

There isn't some kind of magical trick. You just install shit.

Earlier on in the guide it told me select Use SysNAND firm if booting with R, so I did. But now it says to only select Show NAND and the 3DS CPU thing. Should I deselect the SysNAND firm thing or keep it? I don't wanna mess up when I'm so close to the end.

he was unbanned via the power of shitposting.

How do i find out what other means for the vita so that i can delete it?

If you have your SD card removed, that option shouldn't even appear. If you do have your SD card in then you've missed something

Do you think you need emunand options now that you don't have an emunand?

what's the best app/tool/way to take screenshots at any time/moment whenever I want? I'm tired of snapping photos with my phone for Sun....

BootNTR streaming

Booted without SD card, now things seem to be okay. Pray for me. ;_;

question, about to hack my n3ds using dsiware and my old 3ds since my n3ds is gonna be formatted i just want to confirm that my save data is on my mhgen cartrige and not on the actual device, im pretty sure its on the cart but i just want to be sure.

Just put the URL in manually.

3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc

having problems trying to use Uwizard to download the newest shovel knight update on wii U for loadiine (or at least the updated enough version to have amiibo support the one I keep getting is 1.2 and it needs to be 2.2 or above) anyone able to help out?

I've just finished Plailect's guide in its entirety. Am I now safe to update to latest firmware since I have Luma, FBI and all of that good stuff? Just wanna check 'cause I'm on 9.2 right now.

I'm trying to get myself unbanned with two 3DSes but I can't buy any of the e-shop titles I need to get unbanned because, well, I'm fucking banned from online. What do I do?

Weren't you supposed to inject a nand back up at some point?

Yes, double check the version string in system settings says "Sys" if you want to be sure, but you're good to go and update now (the guide should have told you to update already though)

I'm a noob idiot, my endgoal is using JK Saves and PkHex to edit Pokemon in Sun.

I downgraded my system to 9.2 for Luma, and I need to follow plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax all the way?

At what point do I add in JK saves? This all seems like a lot but I'm guessing isn't that hard? Am I overthinkg it?

Is this a good, relatively failsafe guide for Wii U IOSUhax?

github.com/Mithrenes/WiiUGuide/wiki/

slowhax when?

Yes, you are safe to update if you completed the guide successfully.

how much longer until people stop talking about the 3DS here

updating is part of the guide

If you mean copying the CTR nand thing and pasting it, then I've already done that,

You're definitely overthinking it. If you have Luma already, you're pretty much most of the way through. Once you finish, you can install JKSM with FBI

it won't happen, vitafriend. go back to bricking your consoles or whatever it is vitafriends do for fun.

>stop talking about 3ds in 3ds general

shoo shoo this started out 3ds related you can go to vitagen if you want other consoles to be the majority.

you people already have a general

It will never stop, but it's going to happen a lot less once the NX gets hacked. So like 3-4 years minimum.

>b-b-but other consoles.....
Nintendo is always guaranteed to have a good to decent scene along with good games to play. Discussion about other consoles isn't going to be better than what the Vita had.

Yep, it says Sys 9.2.0-20E. Gonna update now.

Slowly

What's an "official" .cia? What makes it different from extracted .3ds to .cia files?

I think you are assuming I know more than I do. How do I "just install" dlc?

I know the OP may confuse you, but that thread is about farting, bitcoins and fake sage claims.

3 of the 5 consoles mentioned in the OP have their own threads. Of the two remaining, 1 is dead and the other has no scene

wait for switchax

My 3ds has predownloaded an update, is it safe to install that one from system settings? I can't recall. Im on a9lh and can update Luma easily

I have an old ass version of AuReiNAND on my 3ds, and I'd luke to update it to Luma, is there any guide out there for this? I haven't touched my 3ds in abit and I'd like to get it back up to date.

>he doesn't know

Because it's downloaded from the eShop like real digital games are?

W H E N
H
E
N

Also, I'm running a9lh.

There's no difference.

It's safe.

bumping this, anyone either able to dump the update that supports amiibo or tell me what to put in for the ID on uwizard (the newest update it will allow me to get is 1.2)

how people got banned? i don't understand

If you have a9lh, isn't it just as simple as getting arm9loaderhax.bin from Luna and putting it on your SD card?

Playing online early

Download a USB version of the game.

Pirate pokemon moon, used online before the official release date.

he who buggers a fire burns his penis

I've had wii U updates blocked for awhile now (I'm on 5.1 or what have you) if I update right now can I do so?

reminder that these types of faggots exist
pirate everything and stop sucking sony's dick

If I get BRhax set up on my Wii U I'd have to format my SD and USB, right? If I backup both of them will I still have my VWii hacked?

Oh you probably have rename the aurei folder to Luna too

GO HOME SISSY ANIME BOY!

I will once 3rd party memory cards exist.

I think I'm just confused because I used the BrowserHax not whatever this arm9 is. Do I still need to download the arm9? I download the Luma, but I may have downloaded it wrong? Yet I still see the SYS in settings.

Do new 3DS's come on 11.1 or 11.2? The galaxy one looks neat and I want to upgrade from my older 3DS

11.0 is the highest atm galaxy is 11.0

It's what happens when you give dumbfucks too much power.

I have a 3DS on 11.0. Can I hack it yet?

If you followed that guide you linked, then you have a9lh, you installed it through browserhax, using SafeA9LHInstaller if on n3DS

Oh, ok. Thanks

>Downgrade from 11.1 possible thanks to new exploits that are going to be released in the following months. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.

probably a dumb question but can I use httpwn with this 11.1 unmodified n3ds, or did i need to have menuhax or whatever already on it

Hey is it safe to use the sun/moon installs from before Nintendo issued bans now that the games are out?

If i have no nnid how does the downgrade work with the nnid step?

i don't know

Can NTR take screenshots of Sun & Moon on N3DS?

Yes

HELP

I am used freeshop to download some games, the install seemed to be successful at first but when i try to open any of the games I get an error message like this

I tried going to the official eshop page and updating but it didn't do anything

do I need to hit repair in the eshop or something? what do I do?

I didn't follow that guide, someone linked it to me. All I did today was downgrade to 9.2, but somehow without doing the a9lh I have Luma setup but just copy and pasting the files and running it off BrowserHax

yes, but I wish I didn't have to ftp them to my computer to post them

nintendo caught you using freeshop and bricked your shit

enjoy your ban soon

Thanks, senpai.

I used mystery gift a couple days ago and traded on GTS today and nothing bad has happened so far.
I also don't have an account on this 3ds, don't know if that matters.

very funny

I can play games directly installed with FBI just not these

Without a9lh, I definitely would not update, even with Luma. I have no idea how Luma works in that case so I can't help.
All I can suggest is to try following that guide, it's a lot of files, but it's worth it in the end.

are the games from your region?

>still no EDF 2 update data

Idk it had USA EU and JAPAN flags