/mmog/ - MMO General

This general is for discussing new and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals.

MOs with documented MMO aspects are also welcome here, such as games like Diablo, ARK, and Dark and Light.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home

Other urls found in this thread:

gamengame.com/games/online-game-media.asp?game_no=122
youtube.com/watch?v=EH9ljGsKtoY&
youtube.com/watch?v=_mul9-85nh4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mul9-85nh4
ro.my.com/en/news/announcements/cbt1-infographic-crunching-numbers
ro.my.com/
rev.mail.ru/
tianyu.163.com/
pastebin.com/SWMZbSgY
nogaruka.net/revelationonline/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rrJOLoJsO-Cqgo7BPZ8YZFFyq6JM9BWQRf2Rgv3tXTY/edit#gid=448077723
ro.my.com/forum/thread/14531-the-soul-grid-simulator/
pastebin.com/MFFLfnWj
steamcommunity.com/groups/RevelationOnlineGeneral
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Loli wars 2 revenge of the Onii-chan.

I used the same preset in Revelation's Pastebin and tweaked it a little.

New developer.
Open beta.
MMO Hack'nSlash
gamengame.com/games/online-game-media.asp?game_no=122

I want pedophiles to leave.

>reach the end of the dungeon
>internet disconnects

Thread reminder that Jerry is best girl.

what game?

But that's not Guu

Posting this here because the other thread is about to drop into the abyss.

Snail is one of the top game developers in China, and Age of Wushu was a huge hit over there. The sequel, Age of Wushu 2, is currently in development.

It failed in our region because of the rampant P2W and the terrible decisions of the publishers, not because the game was bad. It's still one of the most innovative English ports available, and I doubt many of us who had played it in its prime would have quit if it were not for the former. It was truly a unique experience.

While I understand being worried about P2W because of their track record (of one game), they have said that they're revamping their entire business model, and that DnL is going to be B2P.

youtube.com/watch?v=EH9ljGsKtoY&
youtube.com/watch?v=_mul9-85nh4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mul9-85nh4

you're both wrong
real best girl here

But that's a boy.

As a continuation of this, the only thing that really bothers me about DnL is how large they plan on making the world vs. how many people are allowed to play on one server, something that the first video touches on.

awakening when

Revpasta!

>What is Revelation Online?
Revelation Online is a Chinese Xianxia-themed F2P MMORPG with a large amount of diverse content for any type and level of player.

>Current News
ro.my.com/en/news/announcements/cbt1-infographic-crunching-numbers

>Official Links
ro.my.com/
rev.mail.ru/
tianyu.163.com/

>FAQ - INFORMATIVE! READ BEFORE POSTING!
pastebin.com/SWMZbSgY

>Resources
Skill Calculator: nogaruka.net/revelationonline/
Stat Calculator: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rrJOLoJsO-Cqgo7BPZ8YZFFyq6JM9BWQRf2Rgv3tXTY/edit#gid=448077723
Soul Grid Simulator: ro.my.com/forum/thread/14531-the-soul-grid-simulator/

>Can I play now?
You can if you download and play the Chinese version, which is currently in OB. The first EN CBT went from 11/3 to 11/17, and the second CBT hasn't been announced yet.

>/revog/ Guilds
pastebin.com/MFFLfnWj

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/RevelationOnlineGeneral

Their awakening is pretty lackluster.

Only if you're an SS. The rest may not be windwalker or gladiator but they're hardly lackluster.

>believing peria will actually be good (if it even releases)
lmao'ing at ur life

how do you go kuhrazy on gladiator

Are there any active Veeky Forums guild in Dragon Nest SEA?

SS is the only way to play though. GM is boring as fuck.

>GM boring
>SS not
This is so backwards it hurts. I haven't played a class yet that's as boring and one note as SS is.

>engineer classes
>not boring
>alchemist or bust

>he thinks running around throwing turrets and ducks is fun
loling at u pham
GM also has shit damage.

>he thinks only needing 2 skills on your hotbar is fun
loling at u pham
SS also has shit damage. You haven't been relevant since the splash nerf.

Actually I take it back, you need THREE skills! Chem grenade, reload, and splash. Wow!

And GM turrets are basically one skill divided into 4. Wow! Very diverse set of skills.
Not

>gm
>shit damage
gm has an has always had high damage when averaged out to an entire fight

they have no burst damage, maybe, but if they play efficiently they can beat out a lot of other classes when it's all said and done

>just plopping down turrets and that's it
you're shit at gm

And if you think reload and splash and chem grenade are the only SS skills then you're shit at SS.
Probably shit at life too.

If you're an SS using any bullet skill other than splash then you're a retard and you're suboptimal as all fuck. If you're not totally garbage you might take the time to pop alfredo tank or send out a super ball but otherwise you spend all of your time reloading and splashing.

So you never played SS before.

k

No but the majority plays in west/green

I played SS since 60 cap fag, and class switched to GM last year after they got gutted to being near unusable again. But nice argument anyways. Good to see you can support your claims.

Everyone and their mothers agree that GM is the class for lazy people, even among people who main GM, people pick it because you can semi afk or pick loot while your summon kills if you don't have pet

Someone post the chart

>got gutted
Nice excuse.
Just admit you're shit at the playing the class.

>after they got gutted to being near unusable again
The funny thing is SS would only be semi-decent if splash was what it used to be now that all of the other classes have been buffed to compensate. They go from being absolute garbage, to on-top-of-the-world level with engi revamp, and then back to mediocrity and obscurity a few months later.

Thanks eyedentity

>shitter stars thinking they're better than everyone else
every time
worse than glads and crusaders desu

dumb anime poster

>$35 for wings

t. poorfag

WHY IS THE PATCHER SO SLOW?

We got a guild yet?

I played for a little bit earlier, not entirely sure I like it yet.

dumb mokouposter
go and stay go

NEVER

>ladder light cubes take 1700 rating or higher
but why
I don't want to minigame seriously, I just want my cubes...

Took 10min for the whole thing

Still debating whether or not to stick with it

Any ways to farm for 93 dragon gems that isn't spamming dungeons? I don't want to pay 20 gold for these brilliant fragments

No.

>Quest to do pvp in Eloa
>Join 1v1
>Get instagibbed
>Enemy did 4k damage, my max HP is 1.6k, max damage I can do is around 1k

Th-thanks.

Stop

Is the cash shop P2W? Are the outfits expensive?

You can literally buy raid gear.
Not expensive but they expire.

RIP
I
P

Oh well, it's not like I'm going to play it long-term.

So just how insane are the odds on the goddess titles in DN? Are they "basically unobtainable" tier or is it more like "it will take you a few months of buying 3 a day most likely" tier?

I got 2 of them in the 3 boxes but yes it will take you a few months.

This is what I have so far. I'm actually surprised the character creator has so many options.

Oh wow, that's some fine elf loli you got there. Is that the revO thing?

No, ELOA.

RevO looks like this.

woah
she's cute

I want all pedophiles to die.

I can't even make an account because it tells me I haven't put in a password, what's up with that?

I got one on the first day I did dq in the second box. It's pure luck.

Someone said you need to use "password" as your password for the first time, or something. I used my gmail.

That worked

kinda weird though

Agreed

>GM finally gets +50% AGI on their class mastery
>all 4 towers out and once, they last for 90 seconds now, and you can teleport them
>can summon all of your ducks out at once now and get a +1 to the cap (4 total)
>mech mode buffs
Lackluster my ass. I can't wait desu

My dick touch the water

>spend 100 hours creating character
>spend another 100+ hours looking for a name
HELP

Really liked the creator. No sliders to blindly fuck up your proportions, but still plenty of options.

Why are most of the recommendations in the pastebin post garbage?

Aura Kingdom doesn't have any engagement whatsoever. I tried playing it for a good so many levels, but all it is is just linear questing with damn near no deviation.
ArcheAge is absolute terrible shit. You start in this flat-ass world littered with people's pumpkin patches and scarecrows. All camps are circular and in the middle of nowhere. When you finally get anywhere, you're faced with more of the same bullshit. Circular camps on flattish hills with damn near nothing around for miles.
Vindictus wasn't bad, but it got old too quickly. There's only so much enjoyment you can get out of swinging a log and progressing through the same dungeon even just twice lost its allure the second time.
Wildstar felt REALLY empty, even though it had all this cool wacky sci-fi shit in it. It also suffered from the super linear questing problem. I think I saw one branch ever.
Ragnarok Online, it's a sweet-old grand-daddy of an MMO and isn't bad at all, so it gets a pass from this whole post.
Star Wars: The Old Republic though, what the hell. Even the FAQ says the F2P portion is pretty bad. I don't know what to expect from a game with a garbage F2P version. That's supposed to be the first-impression of an MMO is the free content. I have a bad history with this game, so maybe I'm biased.

I haven't looked into all the other ones towards the top that much. Spiral Knights was a good dungeon crawl, but the crafting system was lacking in what could be feasibly made at my level, so the amount of time I spent in it tapered out.
Why aren't there better MMOs?

we did it boys
I'm basically fully geared at this point

you're gonna need 2x more then that

Recommendations are shit because everything is shit.
Free to play and early access ruined games, especially MMOs.
And everything is made by chinks now. Quantity over quality.

Is there literally no hope?
There's no diamond in the rough?

mmo are dead, its painfull but you cant do anything about it so just deal with it and try to find good game to waste time while having fun

user please ;_;
I already feel like all I can do at this point is wait on getting a nightmare weapon

Revelation Online is the only thing that has a chance.
I'm not expecting anything from it though. The closed beta was an absolute shitshow.

China is the only country trying to break the mold though. Look at Age of Wushu 2 and Moonlight Blade.

Granted, they're also the only country with a massive amount of money and cheap laborers, and the amount of MMOs they make is staggering compared to other countries.

>amount of MMOs they make is staggering compared to other countries.
arent they using stolen assets though

Some of them do, yeah.

What are the easiest classes to level to 24 in DN? Already made a silver hunter, never again will I do it with an archer.

>He can't separate 2D from 3D

Dumb Normalfag.

The CN revo servers are so much better, we're basically getting a watered down version of their game. And it's going to be handled by my.com so this game will fail hard

>not a single good looking rev loli
are you fags so bad with sliderfu or it's just the unsalvageable body type

An user posted this on previous thread.

are you hyped
for yet another fucking
RO CLONE BABY

That's because we're getting a version that's months, maybe even a year behind what they have.

Content lag is standard when it comes to porting foreign games to the west. What I'm most worried about is my.com's incompetence when it comes to bugs and translation, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

fuck everything she looks terrible

The only reason for content lag is translation, and the game isn't even fucking translated at all here, what's the fucking catch?

don't get high hopes, my.com don't even have translation team, everything is done by mail.ru team and it seems that even in Russia they ain't sure yet if it will float. they used to put huge ass ads in my city for ArcheAge(it failed anyway), I see no such thing for rev here

mail.ru also had tv ads and shit for DN, with RevO they are very silent which is strange considering how the staff abandoned DN for RevO

Last time I spoke with the insider she said mail.ru left DNRU with only two translators for 90 and 93 content, which I'm sure at this point they were transferred to RevO too because they dropped the idea to update the game so we know they have at least two translators.

what did you expect a mage with a scythe to be?

evie?

A better hair at least

its so she can be shipped harder with cleric/heratic

The catch is that Chinese is one of the hardest languages to translate, and there's an absurd amount of text in the game.

Yeah, I read that RU did the EN translations for SkyForge. I haven't heard that being the definite case for Rev, though I know we're getting their client second-hand.

Can we create an ELOA guild?