DONT BUY THE CAMARO

Reposting this - I own a Camaro

If you are buying this car because you are rich and have a track membership, then cool. But if you are buying it as a daily driver or even a weekend car, I don't recommend it.

First of all, you cannot see shit out of the back half of the car. The windows in the rear are even smaller in the 6th gen I was just at the dealership yesterday. You will have a miserable time backing out or merging across the median into traffic as you can't see shit behind you. I actually got into a car wreck like this in a parking lot because there is zero visibility until you're half way out of the parking spot and some jackass came flying through the parking lot going 30mph.

Second, the car is stupid cramped. Getting into the backseat to grab anything is a pain in the ass. If you drop something between the seats your hand cannot fit. It's also impossible to clean under there unless you remove the seats that are secured with red loctite. Maneuvering around inside this car is a real bitch. Great for tracks, not so great if you need to grab groceries or a backpack or an item inside your car.

Third, this car is a straight line car. If you are looking for something fun to zip in and out of traffic with, this car is not it. That's why I say it's a good track driver but if you are using it to run errands it's not very fun because it handles like a boat. It also has god awful grip in the rain.

Lastly there is nothing overly aesthetic about this car. It looks cool but it's really just a cheap America muscle and after 7th gen comes out your car will look like cheap junk.

Lastly, GM dealerships do not give a fuck about helping you with fixing your car. Anytime you have a warranty claim they will say it's wear and tear or outright deny there is an issue.

Overall I really don't recommend for a daily driver. Get something that's zippy with good interior room and good visibility.

>Inb4 triggered Chevy shills

nice pasta
please get a trip

Let's leave this here.

I'll bite

> First of all, you cannot see shit out of the back half of the car.

Who the fuck cares to look behind them when they have so many horse powerz?!?

> Second, the car is stupid cramped.
You must be a fat ass. Also, you only need two seats. One for you and one for a babe. Put the magnum condom boxes in the back.

> Straight line - traffic
You act like everything is a track curve. You are obviously a shit driver if you can't take this beast machine through traffic at a buck twenty.

> GM
Does suck.

Not pasta, this is my genuine review of my experience owning one of these gay cars. If I wasn't busy trying to buy a house among other things right now, I'd sell it for something else. Until then I already own it outright so I will have to endure.

Jesus H Christ alphonse take a break.

I'll fan the fire

jesus fucking christ dude

stop
you have an autistic problem
stop ruining everyone elses user experience

>slower than the rxc turbo
LMAO

>gm is incapable of a sub 7 minute lap time
Pathetic desu

Wow 2 second track time really changes my daily driving experience.

Who cares anyways, I'm not advocating to buy a Ford or Chevy muscle car for an enjoyable daily driving experience.

It took you this fucking long?

>8 replies in
Bout fucking time

Stay btfo

I think he finally snapped.

thought it was an nsx lol

>It's cramped
It's a coupe.

>Can't see out the back
It's a coupe

>Not good for shopping
It's a coupe

>Bad grip in rain
Change your tires

>Bad handling
It's a muscle car

Wow thank you for Chevroleting The Record

let the ford vs chevy shitposting begin

Nice try Ford. Have fun getting Trump'd

>it's SUPPOSED to be shit
>t. GM

>GM dealerships do not give a fuck about helping you with fixing your car. Anytime you have a warranty claim they will say it's wear and tear or outright deny there is an issue.

That is a Stealership. There are still some good dealerships out there that haven't given in to the dark side. My local chevy dealer is a stealership. Like yours, mine likes to make more money from non-warranty comped work. So it tries various tactics to get people to not do warranty work at their shop. They get enough non-warranty work to fill all the bays, so filling a bay with warranty jobs only makes them less money per hour per square foot of space.

Sure are lots of stealerships down here in Florida

This is my problem with buying these "SOOPER AWSUM" track cars.

There are NO tracks near me besides a Nascar oval. I have no use for all the benefits per cost. Instead of buying a new GT350, I can buy a new GT for much less and still be a little prestigous.

That's my opinion.

>it's GMs fault that my small sports coupe isn't big enough

I would advise against buying ANY muscle car really unless you are a car collector or something. None of them make good daily drivers.

>New SS Camaros start in the high $30ks
>Used 2014 SS Camaros with almost no miles on them only cost $25k at dealerships

Why the fuck would you ever buy new?

>small

I own a Camaro.

>Visibility is only a problem if you're a bad driver

>You're buying a couple and complaining about cramped space. Maybe an Accord would be more your style?

>Current year
>Still using le can't turn meme

>This is only Legitimate complaint. 6th generation has over engineered looks.

I'd almost be upset if this wasn't a bait post made by a mad Fordcuck about how the 350r got its pussy slapped by the ZL1.

I couldnt care less about Mustangs and Camaros. I just think that GM is putting out a lot of shitty product lately and they keep shilling on Veeky Forums and even /pol/ now. They deserve to be knocked down a few pegs and then maybe they'll stop trying to stiff people and sell overpriced junk to consumers.

>implying this post will stop me from buying a camaro

Sorry OP, ordering a ZL1 either way

Im getting a new v6 camaro as a dd, car msrps for 40k dealer said he'll do 30500 out the door, you think its a good deal?

if you are adamant about buying one of these pieces of shit, here is my advice. the V6's suck. transmissions are Chinese shit too.

for 30k you're better off buying a slightly used SS, trust me you will enjoy it much much more. and if you want to upgrade it in the future and maybe throw in a crate engine with 500 horsepower, you can because you have all of the necessary V8 internals. generally speaking there is just so much more you can do with the V8 in terms of performance upgrades. the gas mileage is practically the same too.

shop around more, you might even be able to find an SS that's new but a couple years old

>Can't see shit
Known issue. Exactly the reason I'll never get one. Yes I have driven one.

>Cramped
Not really. Not so much leg room I'd want it in manual, but plenty of room for me and I'm over 6'.

>muh handling
hm...."god awful grip in the rain."....sounds more like you need to get some decent tires. That or stop going full WAT regardless of road conditions.

As I said, I've driven them. Handles at least as well as my old car and a damn sight better than my truck, which is more of a boat than the camaro will ever be. As for the traffic bit, sounds like you're a shit driver more than anything. Again, I daily a truck. It's a boat, the handling sucks, and I still have no issues getting from A to B. Sounds like you're a shitty driver.

>aesthetic
Eh. I don't think it's that cheap or good looking personally.

>Lastly - again
Sounds more like your local stealership is shit tier. Try somewhere else?

I never understood this. The newer mustang did better than the older camaro. Isn't that expected?

>coupe =/= cramped
My first car was a Grand Am GT coupe. Plenty of room for my lanky 6'+ ass. Camaro is bigger and weighs more.

>muscle =/= bad handling
Honestly the modern "muscle" cars are more like sports cars. Handling is fine.

Only way to save GM is to bring back Pontiac and let them do their own thing without oversight.

Jfc that's bad. Dont pay 30k for a v6

GM literally has the best performing of the big 3 muscle cars at the moment though.

They'll be knocked down a peg when the Mustang and Challenger can outperform them. As it is right now, the new ZL1 beats both the Hellcat and GT350.

>small
>sports

But...

-Some of us don't reverse out of spaces so that becomes less of a problem

-The dropping things between the seats is problem with practically any car

-You sound like a fatass talking about how cramped it is

->Third, this car is a straight line car. If you are looking for something fun to zip in and out of traffic with, this car is not it.
This makes no sense. I mean it might not be as manoeuvrable around town as a Fiesta but it sure as fuck has the low down acceleration. I mean shit it's not that big

-Aesthetics? Yes it is a really good looking car. Just like the Mustang. Maybe not as timeless but it sure as hell looks good right now

-Warranty help isn't good enough? Hahahah try a Ford dealership

It looks like a fucking Transformers toy. The Alfa 8C is aesthetic. There's nothing aesthetic about this bloated looking turd.

The insurance and maintenance costs on the ss put it just outside what im comfortable with spending to be honest

Do it.

huh?

>maintenance costs
what maintenance costs? first 100k miles it's just tire rotations and oil changes. maybe a fuel induction service around 50-70k.

>insurance costs
you might be right but buying a Camaro as a daily driver is a huge mistake, especially the v6. you will regret it. not a good car to run errands and such in. if I were you, I'd look into something else like maybe a VW or a Tacoma, or pretty much any other V6 that gets 30-40mpg. 30k for a V6 Camaro, you're going to be very unhappy with your purchase in about six months.

>I am a fatass who bought a Pontiac in the '90s: the post

I've got a better resonance not to buy them: mechanical faults. All modern GM drivetrains are made of duct tape and tin foil. They will fall apart and start pissing fluids at about 20k miles without fail.

I see 2016 Camaros come into our shop every day looking like they blew their oil pan apart just before rolling in. They're complete dogshit.

Some us us like feeling like we're 6 again, at least for a while

Bullfucking shit.

>t. tinfoil hat nigger

It's the retarded owners

ITT: things we already know.

Camaro owner here:
Pros:
-Quick.
-Head turner.
-Great steering wheel.
-Good grip, handles well for its weight aND size.
-Fun to drive, for stop light races it I'll smoke 90 percent of anything you encounter for half the price.

Cons:
-Interior materials of a 20K car.
-Read visibility (Proper mirror adjustment and back up camera fixes this)
-Car feels heavy and huge. HARD to judge how close u are to objects in front of you when parking.

This car is pretty much a poor man's M4 with a much lower quality interior.

Really? I've heard the Camaro is pretty comfy.

This car is not good for long trips, it's not comfortable and it impractable for daily living. Its a car you have to hoon with and you have your four cylinder luxury car to commute and be comfy in.

IMO even in touring mode the softest setting (if you have the magnetic ride like I do) the ride is still a little stiff.

Really? That blows.

What would you recommend? For a RWD car.

Honestly, I don't know.. the mistake I made was test driving only the camaro and Mustang because those were the two cars I was deciding between as my "dream car"

I chose the Camaro because I felt it handled way better than the GT with the performance package. The GT was probably the more comfy ride, but at the time I didnt really care for comfort.

I've ridden in the challenger, those are pretty comfortable in terms of ride quality but the car is freaking huge. I hear the next gen challenger should lose some weight and hopefully shrink in size.

Over all I'm happy with the Camaro, its damn a fun car. But it compromises in overall practicality. Additionally, the rear seats of the Camaro are literally useless, there is a leg room.

*No leg room. (On phone)

literally slower than a minivan

Daily drive a camaro. Not that big of an issue once you get used to it (visibility) and you get decent mileage. Will be selling it tho to buy a new daily and the ZL1 tho so rip used camaro.

Why the fuck did I say tho twice?

I got to lay off the beer

>Used 2014 SS Camaros
Alpha > Zeta by a wide margin.

>faster than a v8 chevy
GM
B T F O
T
F
O

It's every fucking GM product. They're fucking garbage. I don't know where they get their seals or what cheap fucking metal they use for bolts, but they literally deteriorate just from sitting. Every engine from the Ecotec to the 6.2 pisses oil like crazy.

It doesn't help that the retarded engineers developed the engines to only function properly off of high yield, proprietary, Dexos-approved horseshit snake oil.

I have literally seen used and abused 1980s BMWs with 200k miles with less fucking leaks. It's fucking pathetic.

>stock vs modified

Because the 2014 model is a 3 year old car?

>a top end camaro can't beat a minivan

The Sienna had a stock driveline. You're telling me a 266HP minivan should be able to put down better times than a Camaro SS?

>Camaro literally designed as a competitor to the Mustang
>beats it in terms of performance for cheaper
>comparing a fully equipped sportscar to a street legal racer
Stop moving the goalposts

Also,
>C7.R does sub 7 minute laptime