Pay someone to paint your car?

Ever paid someone or some shop to paint your car?

Why did you choose to have it painted?

How much did it cost you? Single stage paint or high-end?

Did you change the color or stick to your original color?

Do you regret getting the paint job?

>Painting a car outdoors so the wind can blow bugs and debris into the paint

duurrrrr i payed maaco to paint my car

hurp duurrrrr they had it done in a day

a hyuk yup looks great

No, but I've painted my own car, because it needed paint. I used a different color, glad I did because I like the color, but painting the jambs increases the amount of work by a huge amount. Every car is different but I'd say a good paint job on an otherwise straight car is going to be $3500 to $8k, increase the price by 50% if you are going to have the jambs and undersides of panels painted (color change).

>but I know a shop that paints cars for $500
It looks like shit now and will be even worse as it ages

>what about plastidip/wraps
don't waste your time

I'll paint your car fur 6000 dollars

One guy on a Corvette forum paid 14k for his paint job

>all those speed holes
noice

lol he painted the concrete

I plastidipped my car but knowing when I have the money I'll get a better paint job. I know maaco is a joke but my cars only worth $1k at most. Not gonna dump $3k into a $1k car. Pic related is what it looks like now

So you're saying it's not worth it to change colors :O

Are you drunk or just begging to get attention?
Poor thing.

I'm bored mostly, the offer was real though.

I'd say it would look worse than a Maaco job, but you would probably spin out and crash it when moving it into the booth before you got a chance to lay down the paint

Not surprising if you're paying the shop to take the body off and dissassembling/reassembling the car. Not all shops are willing to deal with classics especially fiberglass ones, so the price is going to be high.

Finally got the trim a few weeks ago, took over a year to find the last 2 pieces I didn't have

>making a toy car look plastic

Well shit man now you gotta go find a nice Fisher Price badge for it. Gotta get a yellow top.

>I'd say it would look worse than a Maaco job
?
My paint looks good, but making paint look good isn't hard, what's hard to making panels laser straight and remaking body lines.
(both of which I'm pretty fuckin good at)

I got you senpai

Most people don't have the patience to spray from the right distance, much less the initial costs and information gathering needed.

Half the reason I love polishing (metals), because I can take my sweet time and it comes out perfect.

lol I love polishing metal too, it's super relaxing

Now try making yourself straight.

A straight object was once bent or a gooey mess writhing in a bucket of more hot mess.

stop shitposting