/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 20th:
1789 – New Jersey becomes the first U.S. state to ratify the Bill of Rights.
1910 – Mexican Revolution: Francisco I. Madero issues the Plan de San Luis Potosí, denouncing Mexican President Porfirio Díaz, calling for a revolution to overthrow the government of Mexico, effectively starting the Mexican Revolution.
1917 – World War I: Battle of Cambrai begins: British forces make early progress in an attack on German positions but are later pushed back.
1936 – José Antonio Primo de Rivera, founder of the Falange, is killed by a republican execution squad.

>News
EU4 DD 15/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-15th-of-november-2016.982588

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2NDn6WtZBJY/watch?v=hPjSTAW7bpM
youtube.com/watch?v=P950W6wP98c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How is this shit always first what about muh post cooldown

Second idea group for church reformer?

Objectively incorrect.

So let me get this straight : since I spawned in the Americas, where most of the land is Terra Incognita, by picking "Innovative Ideas", I screwed up big time, didn't I?

W&B

Nobody cares about your memem blob in a meme game, laddo.

>tfw just secured an alliance with Germany

Its time to push the dutch and anglos back into the sea

youtube.com/watch?v=2NDn6WtZBJY/watch?v=hPjSTAW7bpM

I'm currently playing austria in KR with the goal of unifying the empire to create the damemeian federation. However I'm facing a problem with question of what I am supposed to do with the poles in my empire.

After the civilwar broke out, the people of Galicia-Lodomeria chose to stay on my side to fight for the unity of the empire.
Now the polish state is attacking me claiming Galicia-Lodomeria for their own. Since I'm obviously going to push these poles back to warsaw, I have to think about what I'm going to do after the war is over.

Should I annex them to include all polish people in the danubian federation? Should I release a vassal state (which might give them Galicia-Lodomeria because they'll probably still cores on it idk)? Or should we return to status quo and leave the borders as they are?

fuck off back to your steam group

fuck off with your nep shit

Samefagging.

What FUCKING reforms do i need selected to become a const. monarchy in FUCKING EJČ PEE EM

Let your people vote faggot

Butthurt.

nice edit

Been trying to get Napoleon's legacy and HIP for Victoria 2. The files are always .7zip or something, and putting them in documents/paradoxinteractive/victoria2/mod doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

Absolutely based.

t. inspect element pro

More like.
>t. MS Paint pro

What's the easiest pick to form Japan in HPM? The Shogun or the Emperor?

uninstall HPM

Emperor then cheat to modernize in like a month so you dont spend half the game on max speed waiting for research to finish

>cheating

They go into the primary V2 folder.

After a failed war with Russia over the return of Romanian Dobrudja, the Ottoman Empire collapsed, with multiple rebel groups rising up against the century-old regime.
Following the revolts, the Germany Empire called for a Congress to bring order to the Balkans. After much deliberation, with the Italians leading the charge(Due to an agreement for support by the lease of Cyprus), the Congress decided to Keep the Empire Strong, giving limited self-rule to Greek, Serbian, and Bulgarians in the Empire.
While the Congress was worried that the Ottoman dynasty wouldn't accept the demands, their fears were stuck down when rebels broke the Ottoman, government, proclaimed a republic, and, in an effort to bring stability to the realm, accepted the demands.

Is 1865 a little early for the event to fire? What are the conditions for the event?

>anglo-cucks actually thought they could take on grorious Nippon

KEK

Is there any newer rape mod for CK2 other than Dark World and its submods

What happened then? Did "Simsulla" banned him?

Your playthrough has inspired me to form a gross Italiums too, with less slavs and more based latins.

What is the best start date in CK2?

BLACK ICE

IS

GOAT

>peloponnese
>fucking iberia
lad no

You are right, here are the correct borders.

1066. If you are going to do anything earlier, may as well just turn on a Shattered World mod because there is no civilization

show your liquor factories lad, that's how you really win a war

lad..

>curly-Q line through germania
Yeah that looks about right.

I managed to keep the UK out of the war for 5 years and ONLY WHEN i overrun 2/3rd's of France do they decide to declare war on me.

interesting events:

>Soviets lost the civil war
>France declares war on Russia immediately after surrendering

Nailed it

Shame it wasnt a great war, Britain didnt have enough friends

>tfw cheat and end isolationism early
>tfw get assraped by reactionaries

>not taking the rightful Elbe borders
>not taking all rightful Alexander the Great lands
>no Caledonia
>not making the Black Sea your lake
What is this?

My liquor production is not nearly high enough

IS there even a way to form the Roman Empire in HPM?

[Ruling the Waves Intensifies]

What's a good country to play as in 1066?

Castille

Anyone got the Ottomans edit of that ISIS video?

Post more maps.

The Seljies
captcha: peak imperia

Good starting countries are any Irish lord, Poland, or a small country inside the HRE

This is quite aesthetic but you must do more.

Also how did you get Ming to dissolve, it never happens for me.

I didn't do anything, it just happened.
For a long while they didn't do anything but then they expanded hard as fuck and conquered nearly all of China but then collapsed.

What's your mod list?

Just MEIOU & Taxes.

A small war for a small state, getting good borders. I think i'll bully the Ottomans for the holy land and Lebanon next.
Enjoy your multiculturalism. I'll be surprised if Italians are even the majority in that uniums

Are you at least using the fix for the unit sprites?

I have to admit that nothing gives me more pleasure in this game than seeing Byzantium/Rome games. It's just about the main redeeming feature of the game.

>50,000 men

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
2.0 COME OUT ALREADY
youtube.com/watch?v=P950W6wP98c

A couple are broken but most of the countries that used them are dead so it doesn't really matter to me.

It should becuase IIRC if you don't have it your units get fucked up. You can get the whole thing from steam anyway - if the workshop downloader still works that is.

Oh, well I have all the MEIOU & Taxes stuff from the workshop so I should have it then.

There are over one million fascist paramilitaries in Paris.

Nice, even took those meme islands from the Russians

This has been a great game so far

Have I done it? Have I reached maximum offensiveness?

>not immortal

check out paradoxplaza mod laddo

Pls teach me.

And the Panama Canal just opened up

>Enjoy your multiculturalism. I'll be surprised if Italians are even the majority in that uniums
A GLORIOUS EMPIRE, BUILT TO LAST!

jesus

After gentle persuasion, Egypt hands over the Sinai peninsula, allowing us to begin building one of man's greatest feats.

ebin mass revelation

Yeah.
"Gentle persuasion".

That's why he's a mystic.

Assuming you're playing HPM

>Be Shogun
>Kill rebels
>Kill Emperor
>Westernize ASAP
>puppet Korea
>puppet or at least free Manchuria
>get some treaty ports while you're at it
>conquer pacific uncivs, if possible take colonies
>nab up Hawaii, Alaska, and California if you can
>take everything in red

Thats about it

Japan gets MASSIVE bonuses when they westernize, loads of free research points, free education bonuses, free prestige, free tech school

You really cant go wrong

Do you blob when playing as the Shogun? I tried doing that and not only I didn't get any research points, my literacy also tanked because the clay I grabbed counted as states.

>Westernize ASAP
Any more specifics?

Oh yeah, and ally with the Germans so that they can get you shitloads of warscore against Europeans

I didn't blob at all, only thing I took early game was the Ryukyu islands

You really don't have any targets early game for conquering, especially given how hard it is to keep your transports maintained

>any specifics
Not really, unless you can specify some you need

Oh yeah, make sure to regularly bully China into submission so they never even get close to westernizing

lads in hoy4 good yet ?

>You really don't have any targets early game for conquering, especially given how hard it is to keep your transports maintained
I had no problem with that one specific aspect of blobbing, building them was a bit troublesome because of the lack of clipper convoys.

>unless you can specify some you need
What party should I keep in charge, the liberals so that pops can import the shit they need?

Would it be worthy to let the emperor win for faster westernization? What techs should I pick when westernizing anyway?

I'll keep that in mind.

>What party should I keep in charge, the liberals so that pops can import the shit they need?

I kept the conservatives in power both before and after westernizing, can never trust capitalists to run your factories properly

>can never trust capitalists to run your factories properly
Ayn Rand frowns at you.

Okay, what about the rest? Also should I let the eventual shipwrecked sailors stay or tell them to fuck off?

Why is the AI in hoi3 so terrible?

About to do a comfy ck2 playthrough. What kingdom title should I shoot for?

King

Telling them to fuck off is definitely the best, gives way more research points

Just make sure your armies are maxed out so you can cut down reactionary scum

Not until they fix diplomacy.
>every war is a total war that you have to fight until every last enemy village and colony is conquered (except the wars designated by special events)
>there's no separate peace - you have to defeat the entire alliance before you can do anything with the land (except when it suddenly appears during events)
>you can't threaten other countries over land or annexation (except when you can during speshul fucking events)
The fact that all of those things exist in special designated events only makes it more infuriating. Everything is railroaded as fuck by national focus bullshit.
WW1 tactics being the best way to fight a war thing doesn't help either, but the diplomacy is the biggest dealbreaker for me.

Count, remain a loyal vassal throughout the game.

There's no such thing as a perfect Eur-

Ayutthaya has a 104k Stack and is allied to Malacca (which I want to conquer).

What do.