/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ - #616 - Christmas is Coming Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wq19wym-zQU
youtube.com/watch?v=RGqPzhgZe8g
youtube.com/watch?v=aiQJZAe9-H0
youtube.com/watch?v=G7FmWe978m4
youtube.com/watch?v=R1I6LwXKlns
castlegalleries.com/news/press-release-sonic-speeds-onto-art-scene
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fast

>#616
>[YouTube] Playing as Tails and Knuckles in Sonic Mania - Kinda Funny Plays
>[YouTube] Sonic Utopia Reveal Trailer - Download in description.
user...

>tfw never owned a 360 or ps3
>still waiting for an emulator to play STH06 and Unleashed

i mean at least generations had the unleashed day stages mod but i've wanted to explore the comfy hub worlds for almost 9 years, i remember being 12 and watching playthroughs on youtube

FeelsBadMan

Sounds interesting

Also, 'new foe' for Antoine.

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to who this might be?

Just get a PS-Triple, that shit is nice. And it's cheap(er) now.

just

>tfw in the same boat as you

>/sthg/ - #616 - Christmas is Coming Edition
I think it's the first time I've seen someone skip a number therefore actually needing a repeated # later to correct.

i just bought a gtx 1070 i just don't feel like using 150+ dollars 10 year old hardware and games any time soon on my neet budget

we skipped a number a few threads back user, OP was adjusting. We're actually on thread 630 or something, but nobody is really keeping track properly.

Fair enough.

But still, there are lots of good games on the 360/PS3 that are worth picking one up for on sale.

>night music never to return
Shit man, many comfy sessions of playing this in the evening was great

youtube.com/watch?v=Wq19wym-zQU

the new foe is probably Mordred or just some Robin Hood-Esq dickweed

It's Hood.

>people legit attracted to sonic
>ywn tell him he needs no disguise

But it says 'new foe'

Also FRENCH NOT BRITISH They have Thierry La Fronde for that

I know, i want to play Dante's inferno and a bunch of other games but i'm also concerned by how difficult finding them might be since a lot of games i want have probably been off the shelves/bargain bin for 8 years
How do Sonic and the Black Knight and Secret Rings work on Dolphin? Colors had gamepad support but what about the motion control ones?

New for him. I'll be okay with Twan chasing snakes through a castle for a while.

the "new" foe is only new to Antoine, also i was certain Antoine's from a noble family from the land Hood is Occupying.

>we skipped a number a few threads back user, OP was adjusting
I can't find any proof of that in the archives, and if we did skip a number, the solution would not be to skip another one like OP just did.

>We're actually on thread 630 or something, but nobody is really keeping track properly.
I don't quite agree, and it doesn't mean that the number should be changed arbitrarily.

He was. Hood actually mentioned the D'Coolettes in Eggman's Dozen as a lower noble family

So they're opening janitor spots? does this mean we'll be getting a new swat? and it'll be one of US?

It doesn't necessarily mean any of that.

It still bugs me that they stuck with "D'Coolette" in the reboot.

Yeah, I'm not seeing where we skipped a number either.

I don't see why it needs to be changed. Lot better than Depardieu. Don't care that it was in the original SaTAM bible that shit was dumb

>a stupid-sounding bastardization is better than an actual French name

I still stand by it referring to 'cool' and 'decollete'

>You will never be best girl

>you will never fill her tank
life is a burning injustice where everything turns to ash

For a sec I thought I saw Komm'o from the thumbnail

I want to fuck her

I hope he's stricter.

Fully clothed with hole in skirt?

I hope he deletes pics with lewd expressions

Agreed.

>We're actually on thread 630
Not sure where you're getting that but I guess no one knows the exact thread number.
We should stay on track with what is generally accepted as the current thread number (#615 in this case) at least for the sake of #X00 threads not happening too early.

The tone of Sonic Unleashed is what all Sonic games should aspire to have. Perfect balance of fun/goofy stuff and serious moments. Pontac and Graff games are too goofy, 06/shadow were too serious, but unleashed was right in the middle.

What about the Adventure games?

>It’s SONIC’s SUPER TEAM, the "FREEDOM FIGHTERS": They’ve been Sonic’s closest friends in the comics for years! Now it’s their time to shine!

How can it be their time to shine when they've been the main group in the comics for years?

Rude

Those were pretty goofy too, but not intentionally like Pontac and Graff era games. With the adventure games I felt like they took themselves pretty seriously, so much so that they looped back around to being pretty campy in a charming sort of way, if that makes sense. Sort of like watching a B-movie.

Because they've been shoved to the back since Unleashed started to make room for worldbuilding and setting up new characters and shit? They haven't really gotten any noticeable focus outside of maybe backups since the reboot started
That's what makes the Adventure games so appealing to me. They're campy summer blockbuster. Sonic finds a secret pyramid base with a rocket and goes to space after Eggman blows up the moon. It's so over the top I love it

>the Adventure games are B movies

meaning that the arc is actually about them and not just being secondary characters

That's not really an insult user. Most B movies are really fun to watch, even moreso than your standard hollywood fare

Not very interested in this to be honest.

Me too, I don't give a shit about the Freedom Fighters.

>no 32X emulator for android
I guess I didn't want to play Knuckles' Chaotix anyway
I would just put it on my pc, but what's the point of playing that when you can has overwatch and the whole steam library

I know right? Why bother playing Sonic games at all when Europa Universalis 4 exists?

WOAH PARDNER

mad man

don't delete

Looks like it's gonna be a bad thread. See ya Monday, /sthg/.

But user, every thread is bad.

omg mods a bomb!

I just don't give a shit about Antoine.

Not the pair-up I expected, but I would love to see Sonic and Antoine's relationship and interactions in this arc. Satam made Sonic (and everyone else) an asshole to Twan. Granted, Twan was a dirty coward and a dumbass in the show, but it still makes me wonder why was he even part of the FFs if he didn't do jack all.

that's what makes the ride enjoyable

I'm pretty sure sure each issue revolves around a different pair.

Antoine is probably my favourite Freedom Fighter to be quite honest.

How can Amy step up her cuteness? Serious question, no lewd will work. Boom Amy is just Sonia, she was an acrobat too. Advance Amy is challenging and cute, can it be expanded?

>It's a "Tails is the only one that ever gets /ss/ art" episode

Same.

What do you guys think the pairings will be for each issue? It's obvious we're getting 5 issues, one for each FF

>Tails and Rouge

Now we're talking.

Make her even more like Minnie Mouse.

The only thing I hope for is for Nicole to not be with Sally. She needs interaction with the other characters badly.

Tails/Rotor and Sally/Amy/Cream going by 292's cover

Why are Tails/Rouge and Tails/Vanilla /ss/ so popular?

you mean topless? not with her adventure rack that's for sure.

Because the idea of Sonic's Luigi getting all the bitches wet is funny.

If that's true, then Bunnie's going it alone. When was the last time we got a solo Bunnie story?
Because Tails is the designated shota, Rouge is the girl with the big tits, and Vanilla's the milf

>topless
Mice are not nudists like dogs and ducks.

Well, what other shotas does the series have?
Charmy?
Chris?

You really aren't missing out on not playing Knuckles Chaotix

Ray. Really just him. But everyone forgets him

Classic Sonic.

I would like to see Ray getting some at least

Actually, I did just remember one other shota

Young GUN commander

Same. Hell, he fits the whole "nervous shota" thing just as well as Tails, if not moreso, what with the stutter

youtube.com/watch?v=RGqPzhgZe8g
youtube.com/watch?v=aiQJZAe9-H0
youtube.com/watch?v=G7FmWe978m4
youtube.com/watch?v=R1I6LwXKlns

my balls fucking hurt

Nice try Dreamcastx

There's Ben/Muttski. Why Tails/Ben hasn't "ben" done yet I don't understand.

I keep forgetting Ben exists

>no art of Tails and Muttski plowing their "big sister" Bunnie from both sides
fucking end me

>There is art of Sonic and Masonic plowing Penelope
fucking end me

I uh. Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing that actually.

what thefuck is wrong with me I need to go outside or something jfc.

This place has been horrid lately.

wait wuh i want to see this
Nothing wrong with a little sexual desire, user.

Is that animation of Sonic sleeping the best thing to come out of this franchise this year?

Also:

>I saw this creepy doll that kinda looks like my friend 'Tails'. Think you could take a look?

jej

castlegalleries.com/news/press-release-sonic-speeds-onto-art-scene

Looks like the 25th anniversary art thing is still in effect.

1/4

I'm more shock that Ben is young as, if not younger than Tails judging from this issue. I thought he be around Sonic's age when I first saw him in his first appearance.

>How can Amy step up her cuteness?

But user, Amy's already the cutest.

2/4

>How can Amy step up her cuteness?

By being any other Sonic character. And no, I'm not that shithead boco.