/tfg/ - Titanfall General

Sales everywhere Edition

Currently on sale on Origin as well as consoles. Enter "TITAN20" code at Origin checkout for an additional discount.

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Angel City map coming december, late november for preorders
Prime Ion and Scorch skins coming in December
The pc network has been purged, join on the new one linked above

>Whats changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

If you cant find games in a specific mode, try playing mixtape.

Doomed thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fcTC7RkmHac
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tone and legion are cancer

2nd for ion and northstar tied for best waifus

check the op post for the art
legions ok. he has weaknesses at least.

leveling ronin is suffering

I've only got a few pieces, but I've gathered them from other anons in the thread. I heavily desire more, tho-

>It's in the op
4th for being a retard

>leveling ronin is suffering

I pretty much exclusively pick Ronin when we don't have any Titans and they have one or two. Anything more crowded than that is hard to work my mojo.

Flak-cannoning pilots as Ronin is a blast, though.

>almost 50% off on PC
best news I've heard all day

>4th for being a retard
why?
you mean with ricochet rounds? i always go with the double arc wave perk, very useful. the sword feels more useful against pilots than the shotgun does, though maybe im playing it wrong

Am I the only one who thoroughly enjoys pilot vs pilot because I can go fast without tone fags ruining the fun

What did they mean by this?

>yfw stealing someone's battery

youtube.com/watch?v=fcTC7RkmHac

>HE'S GOT A TITAN
>YOU IDIOTS, WE'VE ALL GOT TITANS

How does Ion Titan's Laser Shot work?

nevermind the "why". i misread you. im the retard

Xth for POST PILOTS!

>Hiding behind invisibility or amped walls.

Press button, release button, hitscan one-shot laser kills ejecting pilots.

Press button, release button, hitscan laser deals insane anti-Titan damage on the crit spot.

It's Ion's extremely not secret weapon.

>When you mount your husbando just right.

depends the map really. too many people camp with cloak and sniper rifles. while its annoying if the enemy team does it, you can still flank and melt them in close range, its even more annoying if your own team does it.
nothing worse than being the only pilot on the other side of the map against 10 players while your team sits back and plays call of duty on the rooftop

There's literally nothing wrong with Legion. If you can't counter him you're retarded

i switch weapons around a lot, cant really find a favorite, but CAR is probably my "go to" weapon

alternatively, "gee pilot, why does sarah let you have TWO shotguns?.webm"

i completely forgot that you can actually do this. gotta do this more. do you get xp for kills with the persons gun you pick up?

yep, you do
you also get xp for guns hacked spectres are using for some reason

I've been playing since friday morning.
I like to think I've got a reasonable look.

What did BT mean by checking Cooper for that "hot streak" sensation?

thats hilarious. i wish icepick was still a perk. i keep forgetting to hack spectres, does it take long? i feel like with the lower ttk, im going to get blasted anytime i try to hack them, unless its in a building or some shit

It takes fucking forever

Gen 10 Cold War soon, fellow Pilot.

i actually enjoyed leveling roonin
i ran faster phase recharge
basically run in
>melee
>unload leadwall
>arc wave
>reload while in phase
repeat
also, 2 smokes might be worth it, tho i haven't tried that

OFFICIAL TACTICAL RATING

1. A-Wall
2. Pulse Blade
3. Phase Shift
4. Cloak
5. Stim
6. Holo Pilot
7. Grapple

why are the spawns in PVP always so dumb

wew, what did you output this webm with?

You are slow

Just the Veeky Forums one. But I edit clips down to 1080 from my resolution before filtering it through. Helps a good bit with saving quality.

i gotta turn 1440p footage in like 480p to make them postable, what settings are you outputting with?

I don't want to resort to using SMG's but it seems like that is the only thing to do.

Every other gun feels like ass and SMG's kill quickly as do most guns.

I just want to tribes people god dammit. But the "grenadier" weapons are too poo.

What all does legions ammo change ? I usually run long range as I like the accuracy does close range do anything other than reduce the zoom?

1080. Don't know what you're doing different, senpai-a-lam.

i mean it changes the powershot into a shotgun, which is pretty dope

close range also has more spread, and i think long range has more damage overall

mysterious, oh well i guess

This game is a completely unbalanced mess.

Ok

>Modern Warfare
>Modern Warfare 2
>Titanfall
All were unbalanced senpai

>Complaining about balance.

ill give that strategy a try. most of the time my problem is getting into a titans face. i take too much damage from potshots while flanking, by time i manage to get the drop n someone, im at like half hp

hemlock and carbine are both good. the devotion(LMG) is also stupidly strong. softball is probably your best bet for grenadier weapon, maybe epg if you are really good at going fast and aiming

r201 is the best weapon for starting out right?

car or alternator

Why are people so shit at this game? Its fucking crazy. How do you play an entire attrition match and get 7 points and no kills

How am I supposed to play scorch on maps like crash site and eden when the enemy team has a tone/legion camping the far side of every lane?

you ask your fellow tfg teammates to deal with them

I think it's just retards that are bad at the game focusing on trying to get pilot kills because they don't understand the mechanics.

>enter match in faction-specific dropships
>evac on shared dropship
bullshit. We should get to evac in faction-specific dropships. If I'm the lone 6-4, why should I die with Apex shitters?

too many people think this game is like cod or battlefield and are walking/sprinting on the ground and just playing wrong

Oi, this is what you were born for!

>lose first two rounds
>switch to tone
>win
Tone needs to be nerfed this is getting ridiculous

got the game wednesday

>6-4
Literally the most fucking pleb hippie safe space faction Apex is the best

That's not how you spell Aces, friend.

Would TF make a good live-action movie a la Iron Giant?

Which tfg are we? There's not titanfall general on the search

Search for "The Fast Guys"

use the link in the OP

read the op

>literally and annoyingly always talking about getting drunk
Yeah he's a real cool guy.

Smells like moonshine......
MMMMMMMMMMM

>Stim that low
disgusting

So what exactly should I be prioritizing in Attrition? I usually will go for Pilots since they can easily kill me, and then I mop up any grunts or other AI guys. It doesn't help that I don't really know the maps yet so I'm often running around blind or hiding among our own grunts.

Is there a general cookie-cutter hierarchy I should work with in Attrition?

>autism-wall on top
>pussy blade on top

>holo pilot THIS low
>grapple THIS low

I hope this is bait

Actual tactical rating

THE ONLY USEFUL ONES IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER TIER
>Stim
>Pulse Blade
>Phase Shift

OBJECTIVE MODES ONLY TIER
>A-Wall

Holo Pilot is worthless except for fucking around and you know it.

Can someone enlight me how to use Holo pilot effectively, only thing i do is walk forward and use ability to bait people.

>there are terrorist sympathizers in this thread RIGHT NOW

>We're really winning this one!
>Well... I mean, you are, but.. I am too, I count!

Fucking love that line.

>Wow, that pilot's really scared of you!
>I'm staying out of your way...

you pick stim/shift/pulse

Step 1:
>Use Holo pilot

Step 2:
>Hope they are bad

It, along with Cloak are the only two Tacticals where if the opponent is good (or just lucky) you get literally *no* benefit from them.

It doesn't matter how good the other guy is, A-Wall will always stop bullets, Pulse Blade will always reveal enemies (or the lack of them), and Stim will always increase your movement speed. But somebody can just ignore your Holo Pilot and you get *nothing*.

It can be fun. It can make for some silly moments and plays. But it does not give you near as much value as the other Tacticals, and you should avoid it unless you're just going to screw around with it. Which is fine. Just know what you're getting into.

Blisk would fucking rape any other faction leader in a 1v1

He'd still get fucked up by a rifleman playing pretend.

grapple is actually more useful than you'd think.

I used to say it's shit, but the issue is you can't really go fast with it, it does make for some excellent bait-and-switch plays

or for running flags on certain maps where going above is easier than going fast.

>tfw you have to be a gay robot if you want to use stim

fix this

So is there a trick to using the Thunderbolt or is it just shit?

it's just shit
i wish they made it a stun weapon
>destroys or heavily damages shield stuff
>arch stuns titans and robotics

anyone else frustrated about the sound in this game? I can hear explosions from across the map but I can't hear pilot foot steps OR titan foot steps near me. What the fuck is going on?

Titans casually sneak up on my titan all the time. I can't hear the fucking foot steps. Why?

>Using R-201
>Fucking demolish the enemy team and get my Titan within seconds of starting

>Playing Holo Pilot
>Send Holo sprinting through hallways and passed corners while I go around or over
>Get four kills
>mfw

Holo Pilot is for bullying shitters

Help, I'm having fun with weebtitan

i don't know, it works on my machine.

I know it's a shit weapon but I fucking love it, how do I make the Mastiff as effective as possible?

I can hear the foot steps but its just they sound muffled. I am use to CS:GO where foot steps can be heard miles away.

I guess I'd rock Tactikill and Phase Shift and just hope for the best.

Why does aiming feel so fucked up?

Just came to TiF2 from OW and my aim feels really messed with in this game.

Like there is some aim assist or something stopping me?

I noticed it a lot on the gauntlet when i would try to aim downwards at enemies im running over... my aim just like will NOT go down..

Does Legion's execution make you oddly swap places with the enemy titan?

>tfw ALWAYS on the shit team
Anyone else know this feel? There are games where I'm the top scorer of the match by a large margin and yet we still lose because there's two guys who have been doing nothing but feeding all game.

No, the camera angle just changes to give you the """"best"""" viewpoint

first person executions when
I miss Atlas lightly chucking enemy pilots

You have to aim a lot more accurately than in OW unless you use Tone.

Yup

V-vision dynamics for the win
Robots makin robots to take orders from robots whom are getting orders from a person.
Also our initials are VD.

>change from tone to ion
>do this first game
lol

How in the name of Spyglass are you supposed to play the Ronin? It has less durability than wet toilet paper, the phase dash isn't up often enough for use a reliable reposition, the sword block doesn't even seem to block damage very well... The idea of a mobile melee titan makes my dick hard, but I cannot for the life of me wrap my head around the playstyle.

It's not just that. It's like the game will literally not let me aim below me while wall-running

oh that, the aim is kinda locked while wallruning depending on your direction, always jump before shooting

>daily dose
>not a green pilot in a purple titan